The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds still broken

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.
    No, Gina, that is complete and utter rubbish. Please don't let your software developers fob you off with excuses. There must be loads of people queueing for Battlegrounds. Your algorithm appears to compose a group, then ask everyone whether they are ready. How about you ask people first, then compose groups from people who have all confirmed they are ready? Possibly don't ask people whether they are ready at all.

I am obviously not privy to your exact algorithm, and I'm obviously writing this in anger. Seriously, though, your software developers CAN do something smarter. If, currently, you are asking 12 people whether they are ready, and some of them fail the ready check, as seems to happen all the time, you need to select 12 people from a larger pool. In other words, don't precompose groups, but compose groups from people who have already confirmed they are ready. Your programmers will need to be creative about this. Maybe the algorithm needs to change depending on whether there is a high or low volume of players queueing in total. If there is a high volume you can easily ask people before grouping them up.

First week I waited over half an hour, then gave up on BG for a week. Second week was a bit better, but groups were uneven. This week I'm not even going to try, unless I read these issues have been fixed.
    Edited by fred4 on June 5, 2017 10:01PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bg queue still broken...always get someone decline message...plz fix it.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm struggling with the same "soneone declined" issue since pre-order.
    We tried everything with my group:

- we enter the queue, either as a full group, or a partial group, or individuals
    - it does not matter what role(s) we select - we tried with only one role, or multiple roles selected
    - we also tried to set our group to both normal or veteran just in case it would make any difference (it did not)

And this is what we think is happening:
    - we enter the queue, and after a while everybody gets the ready check
    - once we confirm the ready check, the we see waiting for players 4...3..2...1.... counting back
    - then it changes to "forming group"
    - and within a few seconds we get the "someone declined" message. we can confirm it was not someone in our group.

Our understanding is that while we see the "waiting for players", that's when other players has to confirm their ready check. the number will not decrease unless the next player confirms. So by the time we reach "forming group" everyone should have already confirmed that they are ready.

We don't seem to find any way to decline/exit from the queue when we entered "forming group" phase.

But, even if someone would not respond to ready check in time or would decline, we would expect the system to select the next player in the queue and replace only those who are not ready instead of kicking the entire group back to the "top of the queue". It seems it's not the case.

Even if someone would leave the group during the "forming group" phase, that player should be quickly back filled with the next waiting player from the queue instead of stopping the entire process.

What I'd like to see instead is that during "waiting for players" phase, if someone is not responding/declines, the number should just stay at 4,3,2 or 1 until the system finds someone else. If someone exits at this stage, the number should increase by one and system should replace that person with the next player in the queue. After forming group anybody who drops out from the group somehow should get the deserted debuff instead, AFTER everybody got teleported to the battleground - and the system should try to back fill the place during the ongoing battle.

• Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel sorry for the Devs having to deal with these types of issues, then I remember it is all their fault for having broken systems and never actually getting into their own game to experience the pain.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    zsban wrote: »

After forming group anybody who drops out from the group somehow should get the deserted debuff instead, AFTER everybody got teleported to the battleground - and the system should try to back fill the place during the ongoing battle.

Erm, I take this last one back - it might be tricky and unfair to people sitting in the queue and might result in a lot of players dropped in the middle of an already ongoing battle. Everything else we said above stays. If someone drops out give them the debuff and let the battle commence with the reduced group. Let's see how it would work - it might still be better than not being able to play battlegrounds at all. (I was literally only able to play it once in the last 2 weeks!)

• Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

To be fair, it's only the third "fix" for queues. FIX YOUR GAME
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Still nothing? I sure love paying for products that don't work...

Still waiting on a response here as well.

7c3.jpg
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. Stopped paying or playing 4 weeks ago and started toying with other games. Best decision ever.

However, reading the forums is still very entertaining. "Bloobidy Blah Bloobiddy Blahbiddy Blah!" and yet you all still keeping paying for it.

But don't worry, fan children. I'm just fake news.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really does not seem THAT hard to fix. It's been a while...
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭

When are you going to give out a press release about the fact that one of your unique selling points of morrowind (battlegrounds) are not working? You are clearly not able to fix it, and your consumers are buying something they won’t be able to play.
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Currently there is no further reply from Zenimax to this post. Honestly, I don't know what to say. This should be number one priority for the business. Fix the major update (First of its kind of the game, aka the entire publicity and standing of the game), and keep the players informed about what is going on.

That's not how it's working round here. Just ask the Xbox One guys how great the communication has been. They're waiting since February on fixes to all vet trials including VMoL. It's still broken. Paid content. No fixes at all and utter silence since ZOS implemented a logger to get more data, and that was after 2 months.

Sometimes I think ZOS just says nothing hoping the problem will go away because people stop complaining.

Btw, who asked for the ready check in the original group finder? No one? Thought so.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a quick look. From the 2.7.5 patch notes:
    Dungeon Ready Check
    We’ve updated the way the Dungeon Finder forms groups. When your dungeon group is ready, you will no longer immediately be put into a group. Instead, all 4 members of the group will have to verify that they are ready for the dungeon.
    Once everyone says they are ready, the group will form and be sent to the dungeon.
    If someone declines or times out, they will be removed from the queue, and the other three members will be placed at the front of the queue.
    These changes were made to reduce the amount of AFK players entering dungeons, and also give you the option to decline a dungeon group prior to it being formed.

Sounds familiar...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Khyras
    Khyras
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, BGs should have been free update no MMORPG in history ever charged money for BGs either at launch or as a later update.To have them not working properly after people bought "new chapter" is just cherry on top.However, there was no backlash at all from PVP players after it was announced that BGs will only be available after you buy expansion so imo you get exactly what you deserve.

Have fun waiting for them to fix something you gave them money for, suckers.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sooo, is it being investigated at least? Fix that wont fix this week or next? Considering disabling broken ready check or dont want us play bg? Any response most welcome.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really simple. Remove the ready check completely. If people queue that means they are ready and if they are AFK when it starts boot them for inactivity after 60 seconds and bring in a solo person from the queue into the match.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was running a 4 man group last night... sat in queue for a hour... finally gave up and went out to Cyrodiil to get some PvP in...

I love battlegrounds! However, these queue issues are redonk!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno To avoid this problem why isn't there a lobby that games typically have with a system like this?
    12 players queue up and get put into a lobby where they can run around the map or whatever but cant attack each other, count down from 1 minute starts, if anyone leaves the countdown refreshes and it grabs someone else who queued up and then countdown starts again etc. Then you all get put to your spawns and teams etc then go on with the game.

This whole group finder system will never work properly if it just refreshes the whole group if someone isn't set as ready or if they ignore that message.

With this system also you could possibly look into custom games that would be very nice that was completely missed out, so many tournaments and season tournaments ladder matches the list goes on that was just gone and forgotten about, could you just imagine the competitiveness of that, would bring new life into ESO PvP in such a dynamic and fun way.
    Edited by Nifty2g on June 6, 2017 12:57PM
    #MOREORBS
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).

I'm sorry to say, but if it's working as it's designed, then the design is wrong! Let's not play with the words - bug or feature - this is preventing people from entering battlegrounds most of the time.

Please explain why is it a good design choice to push 11 people back to the top of the queue if 1 declines/does not respond in time?

Why not just take ONE person from the queue and replace the person who did not respond (and push that one BACK in the queue, to prevent repeating cancels/no responses)?

Seriously... pushing 11 people back to the top just to take them again immediately does not make sense.

Please clarify what happens with he people who decline/does not respond? If they also stay at the top of the queue the an afk person can cause a repeating failure and block the whole queue....

• Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven't managed to make the group finder work in what.. 3 years? You expected it to suddenly work now? lol.
  • Greensea
    Greensea
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on a fix for team balance? 4v4v1 should not be happening.

tIZDtxb.jpg
    Edited by Greensea on June 6, 2017 1:04PM
    @Greensea - PC EU - CP 1400+
    Teygja | Breton | Magicka Templar | AD | Former Empress
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭

NO! We've tried all day, but can't enter battleground as party of 4 players! It's always says that someone decline! The whole day! hundreds times!! PLEASE, fix it.. It kills battlegrounds :(

Since launch i can play only few times with my group. Just after 1:00 am. But now it doesn't work even in non-prime time
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

holy ***.
    Can two ZOS employees maybe just AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, DO NOT DISREGARD THIS:

1. at primetime (NOT 9 to 5 on US servers, just try EU)
    2. form a group of any size (not solo)!
    3. try to play two battlegrounds in that group

I bet you won't be able to play two (probably not even one) BGs between 7pm and 12pm (at least for EU time & EU server).
    The issue is REALLY easy to reproduce because it occurs 99% of times.
    It is also really apparent that there is a bug and that this isn't the case of players actually failing the readycheck.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS mentality on it's my way or the highway blows my mind. Just start posting on all the public forums like Reddit vs. here. Show us a screen with all the players and who has not hit ready check. No one believes you anymore.

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

ZOS mentality on it's my way or the highway blows my mind. Just start posting on all the public forums like Reddit vs. here. Show us a screen with all the players and who has not hit ready check. No one believes you anymore.

Honestly I do sort of maybe believe them. But that doesn't actually fix the problem. All it does is change the problem. It goes from being a bug, to they designed a system that doesn't work. Which actually might be worse.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not sure you understood the issue. Every person is confirming ready check, group goes into forming state and then its canceled. But, after confirming already, theres no option for player to decline anymore. So its clear bug in the system.
    Same thing happens to 4 man dungeons when you have full team confirmed and instead get ported to dungeon we get someone decline inv.
    It is bugged and its not players doing decline.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Mustard wrote: »

As mentioned in the bold part, we're investigating to see if there are remaining bugs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could do away with the ready check. Another issue is that when in ready check stage it doesnt show at all when in combat so players that are queued miss out. This is causing complications like partially filled teams. I would not queue if i wasnt ready. I would prefer to just be ported and have a better chance at having a full team.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    zsban wrote: »
    Battlegrounds is PvP. PvP is optional side-dish content. PvE is the actual game. ZoS will fix Battlegrounds when more important things are taken care of first. Go to Cyrodiil.

Erm - where is this specifically mentioned in ToS?
    It's part of the game and is released after QA and PTS - so expected to work.

I've just checked again at http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/morrowind . It only says "fight together in pvp battlegrounds", "4v4v4 player vs. player combat".

There's no mention of it being less important, the official highlight video on the official website also does not mention and demonstrate anything that would suggest it's optional "if it works it works" content.

Now, this thing costs money. If what you just said were true, this would be a bit like false advertising, to scam money out of customers then not provide the promised service, don't you think?

ZOS is not stupid, they would never do this. We, the customers pay them money so they can exist and work on this game for us.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides the obvious queuing issues some other problems faced with BG.

Loaded into a BG with no UI and didn't fix on death, but fixes on reload ui, annoying nevertheless.

9fa2d3aa30041bd1d585a34979cc0b47.jpg

The other problem is the map, a lot of the time for me the map is from the zone I was in before the BG as seen below.

c46ca8f5a7e6a75fb96a97f437881877.png
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
This discussion has been closed.