The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battlegrounds still broken

• Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).

So from what you are claiming, there was a person declining repeatedly for 3 hours (more than 30-40 queue pops) that we were queued yesterday? I don't think thats the issue.

As for the ready check part, you can at least try disabling it for 2-3 days to see if that's whats causing the problem, cus that's what started buggging the pve group finder in the first place. Noone wil say anything about that.

And in the end if i join a bg queue and an midway through a boss and get ported out, it's my fault for queueing, noone is gonna tell you off about that.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).

As it is right now, we're already ported in the middle of doing something else... my friends and I played about 7 last night, and we had to go through the ready check shenanigans about 7 times. Then, complete silence for about 2 minutes. Then bam, battleground load screen.

Like, I marked ready and I'm not miffed when it decides to work, so it doesn't really bother me, but... it kinda ports you without warning right now. :P

e: d'oh, I deleted an old post from days ago and it found its way back in.
    Edited by rhapsodious on June 6, 2017 1:49PM
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Stop making excuses and fix it. Stop playing for time by insulting our intelligence.
    We have paid real cash to play battlegrounds, one of the main selling points of Morrowind.
    It is BROKEN.
    Fix it.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno To avoid this problem why isn't there a lobby that games typically have with a system like this?
    12 players queue up and get put into a lobby where they can run around the map or whatever but cant attack each other, count down from 1 minute starts, if anyone leaves the countdown refreshes and it grabs someone else who queued up and then countdown starts again etc. Then you all get put to your spawns and teams etc then go on with the game.

This whole group finder system will never work properly if it just refreshes the whole group if someone isn't set as ready or if they ignore that message.

With this system also you could possibly look into custom games that would be very nice that was completely missed out, so many tournaments and season tournaments ladder matches the list goes on that was just gone and forgotten about, could you just imagine the competitiveness of that, would bring new life into ESO PvP in such a dynamic and fun way.

This is exactly how it should work.

If how it is working now is "by design"... I don't even know how to respond to that. The dev team can't possible be proud of it's current operation.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Players killing bosses, looting chests etc. if pulled to battlegrounds would be less of an issue then all players having trouble entering battlegrounds.

With broken grouping in dungeons we at least had an option to manually enter them, but there's no way to enter battlegrounds without going through this painful process called "the group finder".
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »

Stop making excuses and fix it. Stop playing for time by insulting our intelligence.
    We have paid real cash to play battlegrounds, one of the main selling points of Morrowind.
    It is BROKEN.
    Fix it.

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to see that you guys are still investigating. I think it's likely that some of us are being a bit presumptuous and quick to call it as bugged still, but I'm also not personally convinced it's working entirely as intended. A couple of my friends said they ran some BGs in a full 4man pre-made group, and it was working just fine at the time. I didn't get the chance to see for myself yesterday, but I should be able to try some out tonight. Thanks for your continued efforts in getting BGs to work properly; there are a lot of people with a big interest in this aspect of Morrowind.
  • Galazon
    Galazon
    ✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

Do you really think that "someone is declined the invitation" for more than 3 hours is not a bug?
    Why do you insult our intellingence?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe what I am reading here.

Just try to fire 1(!) round of battlegrounds as a group of 2,3,4 whatever and post your victory screen. It won't work. It is broken.

AND: this is the first time I am really angry, as this is a major feature of the addon. Me and many friends bought it because of it. It is not working on release. Not only, that it is still bugged after many patches, you claim that it is feature. Ridiculous.

Most important: Please change the wording of the error. "your group" is of course the group you are in. Not randoms you are fighting AGAINST. Come on.

Also, when you queue solo, you play as a lvl 20 Player against players with loads of CP. Not working as intended.

More: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6fl3zk/battlegrounds_mmr_teams_proc_sets_and_more/

The battleground issue is a dropped ball as are epic loading screens in cyrodiil, but you know this one for years now...
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

ZOS mentality on it's my way or the highway blows my mind. Just start posting on all the public forums like Reddit vs. here. Show us a screen with all the players and who has not hit ready check. No one believes you anymore.

As mentioned in the bold part, we're investigating to see if there are remaining bugs.

Gina I mean no disrespect towards you. We all love you and know you don't create the the code in the game. It seems more like a design issue vs. a bug fix at this time. It was reported in PTS and early release but still remains an issue a month later.
    Just seems like a pretty big black eye when this goes fully live soon.
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The error where you enter Battlegrounds and get thrown into a 5 min loading screen is still there, and has yet to be resolved. Happend to me one minute ago on the EU/PC server. Quened solo from craglorn and now I got a 18 min deserter penalty.

Yes, I've sent a bug report and no, i was not in Cyrodiil when it happend.
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just not true. I get the message "You or someone in your group declined the invite. You have exited the queue." even when I queue solo and accept the invite.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have a look and please stop denial and blaming players. Theres no option to leave q after confirmation has been made, "forming" means all participants confirmed and yet it goes back to queue status in endless cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs
    Edited by Gravord on June 6, 2017 6:14PM
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have a look and please stop denial and blaming players. Theres no option to leave q after confirmation has been made, "forming" means all participants confirmed and yet it goes back to queue status in endless cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom this needs to be looked into, its exactly whats happening and its the very reason your answers dont seem true or genuine. Group queue isnt working, only thing that works after a few failed attempts is solo queue and sometimes duo queue.

There are people trying to help you suggesting things, proving things, please do not ignore them once again.

Grouped queue and broken BG queue in general is really bad for the people that only bought Morrowind cus of it.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I think this is a clear case of some business taking people's money and running away with it. With no chance for the people to get their money back. Just saying. If BGs are the only reason you brought Morrowind. You simply just got, ripped off. Rekt.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rate Battlegrounds 10/10. If you love clicking buttons and waiting for things that never happen that is.

@Sophieous

Absolutely.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

To be fair...you guys should get your act together and FINALLY DELIVER what we paid for.
    Edited by Feanor on June 6, 2017 6:49PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great BG experience. CTF starts with 2v1v2 (WTF) and after 30 seconds got ported back to Rhawl'ka. Nice waste of time.
    Edited by Feanor on June 6, 2017 8:25PM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

Hahahahaha

Fix the game. Everyone has told you there's no need for a confirm screen. Since pts. If people que they que. They wanna play! Get rid of confirm screen and it will help tremendously.

You do that and people will be afk most of the time since Q takes so long already.

Its a nice things because it makes sure everybody is ready i dont wanna join a grouo where everblody is afk then i have to leave group and suffer the 15 min penalty.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahahahaha

Fix the game. Everyone has told you there's no need for a confirm screen. Since pts. If people que they que. They wanna play! Get rid of confirm screen and it will help tremendously.

You do that and people will be afk most of the time since Q takes so long already.

Its a nice things because it makes sure everybody is ready i dont wanna join a grouo where everblody is afk then i have to leave group and suffer the 15 min penalty.

Only thing it make sure is that you cant get to play a bg with your team from 2 weeks.
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    boy this is hilarious
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also can we please choose the match format soon. I guess you'll find nobody really wants to play CTF and Domination in the current state.
    Edited by Feanor on June 6, 2017 9:02PM
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭

Hahahahaha

A solution to this could be to first just teleport 4 people into the battleground area from the top of the queue. Do the ready check there. If a player was active but did something else, I agree that they should not mind being teleported out of a boss fight or whatever, since they queued. So they should be able to respond to the ready check.

If someone was afk, and does not respond to ready check in time, just replace that person with the next player in the queue and raise the ready check only for that new person. The afk person should be pushed back in the queue say 24-36 places, and after say 3 such push backs should just be removed from the queue completely. ***

This way at least the ready players would be already in the battleground area waiting for the fight to begin, and I'm pretty sure that in about 2-3 tries one of the new players would actually be not afk.

EDIT: *** if someone from a pre-formed group does not respond in time, remove and replace all members of the group with new players from the queue, and inform the group leader in the message, who was not responding in time. The group leader can then deal with it by either kicking that person out or handling it in the group chat.
    Edited by zsban on June 6, 2017 9:16PM
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Devs have no idea of their "game".
  • Angi
    Angi
    ✭✭✭
    after like 30 minutes and 123213 tries me and my friend managed to enter the BG (other 2 randoms were in group with us inside),and once the game started randomly we (me and friend,no idea the other 2 players) both got loading screen (around 20 sec loading screen) and when came back from loading screen we were in our original place where from we queued, is that normal? :/
    Edited by Angi on June 6, 2017 9:30PM
    i love magicka nightblade

PC/EU @Drago92 , -Angelica
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Angi wrote: »
    after like 30 minutes and 123213 tries me and my friend managed to enter the BG (other 2 randoms were in group with us inside),and once the game started randomly we (me and friend,no idea the other 2 players) both got loading screen (around 20 sec loading screen) and when came back from loading screen we were in our original place where from we queued, is that normal? :/

Group Finder does the same many times in dungeons... I'm pretty sure that, and the new battlegrounds share some common piece of code that's broken.
    Edited by zsban on June 6, 2017 9:35PM
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still?
    Lmaoooooo

Bro the expansion just landed and if it was broken 2 weeks before on pts and isn't fixed now that means it's gonna be another month or longer ><

That's called GETTING ZOSD
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys talk about, "its the players who decline invities" :D
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs&quot;]https://youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Any response to video proof how broken group finder is or from denial we are moving into silence?
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have 4v4? 16 v 16 Huttballs !?
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    Can we have 4v4? 16 v 16 Huttballs !?

Lets start with ability to actually enter and play, shall we? :)
    After we get that we can ask for serious leaderboards with win/loss ratio not based just on amount of matches played. When its done your idea is a go :)
This discussion has been closed.