Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Battlegrounds still broken

• karma69
    karma69
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).

@ZOS_GinaBruno I was in a queue with a friend of mine, both CP capped. We queued for BGs, while I got ported on the map, my friend didn't get ported in and was not able to travel to the BG map.
    PC EU - @Karma'X - Guild and Raid Leader of Hodor

Too many world records to remember
    Options
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes when you die and try to rezz, you end up in a loading screen, and will have to wait for 2 minutes or so until you can rejoin the fight. Thats not nice,,,
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One issue I've experienced a few times is getting the deserter debuff for 20 minutes following a loading screen. I waited in queue and accepted in a timely manner, when it was loading me in, I got stuck on this screen. I waited several minutes (maybe 5 or so) for it to do something (rather than force-closing), and it teleported me back to where I was prior to the queue. I did not get to play any of the match. It was frustrating enough that I logged out for the night.
    Options
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering. Are the fixes tested before they go live?
    Options
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering. Are the fixes tested before they go live?

ZOS isn't in the making functioning content business, they're in the firing from the hip and milking The Elder Scrolls IP for all its got business.
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody, somewhere, declined something. And so everyone everywhere will be returned to the BG queue.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Somebody, somewhere, declined something. And so everyone everywhere will be returned to the BG queue.

Found the ZOS employee.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

Options
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Found the ZOS employee.

Can't stop laughing! :))
    Edited by mihaiisraging on June 6, 2017 11:51PM
    Options
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about ready checks. I don't care about someone queing not beeing able to loot his chest. It is his damn fault.

/edit mobile issue
    Edited by DemonDruaga on June 7, 2017 4:40AM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
    Options
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Still no acceptance that battlegrounds are not playable as groups and no-cp vs cp is not in own brackets.

I am happy with the game all in all but this is not acceptable, the expansion costs money, this time it is different, not just another week usual ESO.
    Options
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    One issue I've experienced a few times is getting the deserter debuff for 20 minutes following a loading screen. I waited in queue and accepted in a timely manner, when it was loading me in, I got stuck on this screen. I waited several minutes (maybe 5 or so) for it to do something (rather than force-closing), and it teleported me back to where I was prior to the queue. I did not get to play any of the match. It was frustrating enough that I logged out for the night.

I would not be surprised if this ^^ turned out to be the reason for the unbalanced groups -- players forced to stare at load screens instead....
    Edited by zsban on June 7, 2017 6:40AM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also one more thing that has nothing to do with queues: Domination (and to an extent CTF as well) are extremely stupid modes if less than 4 players on each team are involved. I had the pleasure to play a 2v2v2 Domination match yesterday. Out of the 12 minutes spent in there the actual PvP was less than 2 minutes because everyone just runs to an open flag in circles. It's not fun at all. CTF and Domination are not well designed at the moment, especially with the unbalanced team sizes we so often see.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Have a look and please stop denial and blaming players. Theres no option to leave q after confirmation has been made, "forming" means all participants confirmed and yet it goes back to queue status in endless cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs&quot;]https://youtube.com/watch?v=0uYyw8JPdUs

I'm gonna keep spamming this video with tags untill someone is polite enough or has the decency to tell me they've seen them and that they are aware of it. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert

This is huge and game breaking right now. It's not just a pve group finder where, if it doesn't work you can atleast form your own group and do it. You literally can't play with your friends for bgs and u only can, with great diffuculty, when solo.

BGs were tested on PTS, had no issues on PTS (at least not as many and certainly not the queue bug), they were released (alpha 'launch' :trollface: ) TWO weeks ago on LIVE, people kept on telling the devs about it, and they in return claimed they fixed the bug in every maintenace, and its been 3 maintences now and it's worse than ever.

It needs to be confirmed that you are actually looking into it, that you are aware of the video that's blatant proof that noone is actually declining the queue, it's just that its completely broken and that you are working on fixing it, instead of drinking milkshakes or having huge buffets in your offices on release day while trolling everyone who can't play the game.
    Edited by Sophieous on June 7, 2017 10:25AM
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scap13 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The error where you enter Battlegrounds and get thrown into a 5 min loading screen is still there, and has yet to be resolved. Happend to me one minute ago on the EU/PC server. Quened solo from craglorn and now I got a 18 min deserter penalty.

Yes, I've sent a bug report and no, i was not in Cyrodiil when it happend.

If it happened only one minute prior to posting, how did you know it was a 5 minute loading screen ... O.o
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belidos wrote: »
    scap13 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The error where you enter Battlegrounds and get thrown into a 5 min loading screen is still there, and has yet to be resolved. Happend to me one minute ago on the EU/PC server. Quened solo from craglorn and now I got a 18 min deserter penalty.

Yes, I've sent a bug report and no, i was not in Cyrodiil when it happend.

If it happened only one minute prior to posting, how did you know it was a 5 minute loading screen ... O.o

Experience. It's not like these things are rare occurrences.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt bother reading post above because there were to many(sorry), but I feel like this needs to be brought to the light:

I queue up with my buddy for trough groupfinder, and gets a match making. When everyone accept it says someone decline, this is indeed a bug, because I asked my friend "Tell me when only me is missing on ready check, then I accept". When I was the last player, pressed accept, it says someone decline. This is a real issue, as there is no way party up with others for 4man content.

After Decline, it takes maybe 5sec before a new pop to appear, and been spaming accept for 2hours until I gave up on ESO. Still the same "Someone decline, Someone decline, Someone decline, Someone decline" Will probably be leaving because there is no way to play with others atm without using zonechat, or being part of a guild.

Also if I que for PvE content as tank, heale, and dps, I have to wait 1h+ for pop, while if I pass leader to my buddy, we get instant pop. This has broken the game for me as Im not allowed to queue up for content, and makes the game unplayable.
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
    Options
  • Sotihe
    Sotihe
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

lol your to funny,,,,, I think u picked the wrong line of work. To be fair don't try to make accuses and cover up what they screwed up. From your comment there you make it sound like the playerbase is stupid.
    Options
  • Sotihe
    Sotihe
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear, the message you all are seeing about someone in your group declining the invite could be for any one of the 12 players in your group - not just anyone on your own team. This is working as designed. However! We are actively investigating to see if there's any remaining bugs with this system that's causing you to be kicked back to the queue incessantly.

We need to ask if everyone is ready to join the Battleground, otherwise you could be ported over if you're in the middle of doing something else (killing a boss, looting a chest, etc).

I call ***
    Options
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How come this issue is being addressed same day it occurs but ZOS has been ignoring the bugged dungeon finder tool on Xbox since february, 4 months ago? And you tell us these systems are working as intended....really? Group finder is supposed to remove you from area as soon as you enter...really?
    Options
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a clear case of some business taking people's money and running away with it. With no chance for the people to get their money back. Just saying. If BGs are the only reason you brought Morrowind. You simply just got, ripped off. Rekt.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing...
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How come this issue is being addressed same day it occurs but ZOS has been ignoring the bugged dungeon finder tool on Xbox since february, 4 months ago? And you tell us these systems are working as intended....really? Group finder is supposed to remove you from area as soon as you enter...really?

That's why....

Orcland was broken for almost a year. At one point, Gina's response was "just don't go there".

I could list for days the way this game has broken over console users, while going out of their way fluff the pillows of PC players. It's the way things are, soon you will just accept it because it will never change.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

That's why....

Orcland was broken for almost a year. At one point, Gina's response was "just don't go there".

I could list for days the way this game has broken over console users, while going out of their way fluff the pillows of PC players. It's the way things are, soon you will just accept it because it will never change.

While it may seem that way, I would point out the dungeon finder was just as broken on pc. They just stopped responding to threads about it.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why....

If this is "going out of the way fluff the pillows of PC players" I don't wanna know what bad service would look like in your eyes. You did notice that BGs are broken on PC and not fixed right?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any news?
    Options
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why....

To be honest I'm surprised that console players purchased Morrowind at all. I was only recently made aware of how bad it is on consoles (constant crashes/ disconnects, unable to do vet trials, unable to go to Wrothgar). And sadly, I'm not surprised the official response from ZOS is "Well, don't try to do them then." You guys paid for the same product and therefore should have access to the same content. It's disgusting how blatantly mistreated the console community is, especially considering they make up the majority of the playerbase (like it or not).

Options
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭

That's why....

While it may seem that way, I would point out the dungeon finder was just as broken on pc. They just stopped responding to threads about it.

Ya but it was only bugged starting last month it wouldnt work. Consoles has been an issue for 4 months now
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why....

Ya but it was only bugged starting last month it wouldnt work. Consoles has been an issue for 4 months now

This is actually incorrect as well. I am on pc and my group finder broke around thieves guild. They did seem to get it working before DB. But my group finder has not worked correctly since DB. Many PC players feel that for them the dungeon finder broke at Homestead. But mine hasn't worked right since DB. Now i will say it isn't completely broken I can get into a dungeon from time to time.

But between then group autodisbanding, getting ported out or having 7 people put into my dungeon group, the finder has been an issue for some time.

Im not trying to say that consoles don't have issues, or maybe even more issues. But ZOS is good at ignoring issues on both pc and console.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 7, 2017 12:28PM
    Options
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Its okay you can deal with it zos will fix it in NO ETA.
    Options
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Its okay you can deal with it zos will fix it in NO ETA.

Don't worry, much like every other broken aspect of this game, they're "looking into it."

Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have taken our money.
    They know Battlegrounds are broken.
    They have come on this thread to insult our intelligence, try to blame players, and to tell us that they are "investigating to see if there are any other bugs." Yes that's right..they refuse to even acknowledge it is broken.

Battlegrounds have been released in such a broken state that ZOS should be ashamed.
    But they are not, as they already have your cash, so they really do not care.
    They will continue to try to sink this thread and tell us they are "investigating," ........meanwhile will continue to sell and advertise a knowingly broken product.

This thread will keep falling to page 2, then 3 etc as they don't want people to know it is broken.
    And it will not be fixed any time soon.
    Expect some usual lies about a "fix" in next weeks patch notes...and the following week....

ZOS, take a look at almost every other MMO on the market. All of them have PVP, battleground, dungeon, and raid group finders that work perfectly. How can you fail to deliver a working product, consistently, time after time after time ? How can management allow broken product to be released time after time ?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just to give you an update, we are aware and still investigating ongoing queue issues on PC. @ZOS_BrianWheeler even ran into it last night (yes, we do play our game) so we know it's happening, we just need to figure out the source and get it resolved.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.