The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds still broken

• Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

Hahahahaha

Fix the game. Everyone has told you there's no need for a confirm screen. Since pts. If people que they que. They wanna play! Get rid of confirm screen and it will help tremendously.

unless they want to troll... of course i dont think there are that many trolls... are there?
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

So your saying if someone declines a ready check it will decline the invitation - Sounds fair BECAUSE that is the way it was designed and shockingly that function seems to be working.

Now can we move on to address the countless times where people are confirming yet getting the declined invitation, many instances 5+ times before getting into a game. If your implying BG's are working your end, then maybe address this ready check as the hassle it has added seems inefficient.
  • TalonKnight
    TalonKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to look forward to ashes of creation, maybe that company can deliver a working game....
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have an update pls cus its been 2.30 hours later, and it's gettng worse @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, ZOS has as awesome track history of coding group finding tools and fixing them....

NO ETA for years on group finder...

This one was only just born....

I mean at least be fair and give them a few years to fix and break this one a hundred more times before complaining....JEEZZZZ....

So impatient....
    ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj356%2FBioTechnology%2FLoading-Troll.gif
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would someone decline the ready check when he actually signed up for BG's?
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    Why would someone decline the ready check when he actually signed up for BG's?

It's to hypothetically prevent someone queuing and then proceeding to go AFK, therefore leaving their team with a dead fish instead of a player. In practice it isn't so much a "ready check" as it is a "are you there" check. Which I get, but man this is an infuriating bug. ):

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess my question is why does it kick everyone if someone declines? Just kick the person who declined. It seems the BG finder has no problem putting uneven teams on the field. So why is this an issue at all. Or heck you have a timeout function if they don't move. Put them in and let them timeout. The finder isn't making even teams anyway.

• luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is not only trying to get in... For example, when will we get a fix to 4(premade)v2v2 matches?

And I was teamed with a level 18 warden... Outrageous!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 man group q, everyone confirmed, 3-4s after "forming" pops up it gets canceled and back to q state. And cycle repeats untill your guild mates start log off and check for other incoming games.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humm...

Zeni, your really getting to look like an amateur bunch on this one ...
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Dont worry, you can cruise around Tamriel on your Crown Crate Mounts. ZOS has to be laughing at this point knowing you guys will still be buying up crowns for more fluff. They have been releasing broken content for years now, it will NEVER change.
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    I don't see why anyone in their right mind would decline a "ready check" once theya ctually got one unless it was auto decline from getting up to do something practical for a moment (it will always arrive then and it is the only way to assure one in less than a few minutes of entering the queue unless you actually want to tank after the nerfs) or they have a real world reason to decline it that came up. I assume most of us that encounter those frequent declines are not encountering legitimate ones.
    Gravord wrote: »
    Sophieous wrote: »
    Can you not disable ready check for once to see if it's a temporary fix? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Because the same problems appeared ever since ready check was introduced in the pve group finder a few patches ago.

Why theres even ready check in the first place? Somebody enter q - he want to do specific content. Make it instant port and problem solved, ppl will quickly realise to q only if they are ready to go for what they q and everyone time will be saved.

People do get up eventually, and then forget about the game or wind up only getting it the moment they get up for a long smoke break or to make some food assuming it would be at least a 5 to 7 minute wait. Nobody wants to stand around waiting 5 or 10 more minutes after waiting god knows how long in queue already for an afk player. It has happened to me a couple of times since the fall, right after entering queue and assuming I had 4 or 5 minutes to step out to smoke, and then i got stuck in an hour queue again after the stupid dodge timer. But Imagine how it would be if i sat there and had to put up with the hour queue just to have some plick sitting there for 5 to 10 minutes after finally getting into the dungeon wondering the whole time if the healer or tank would leave since they'd get an instant pop anyways once their own dodge timer was gone. Its never pleasant that way , either. That's why there is a prompt to accept. It also allows you to finish killing something or handing in a quest briefly before being ported in. So it's convenient for the person getting the prompts as well.
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on June 5, 2017 4:57PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why anyone in their right mind would decline a "ready check" once theya ctually got one unless it was auto decline from getting up to do something practical for a moment (it will always arrive then and it is the only way to assure one in less than a few minutes of entering the queue unless you actually want to tank after the nerfs) or they have a real world reason to decline it that came up. I assume most of us that encounter those frequent declines are not encountering legitimate ones.
    Gravord wrote: »
    Can you not disable ready check for once to see if it's a temporary fix? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Because the same problems appeared ever since ready check was introduced in the pve group finder a few patches ago.

Why theres even ready check in the first place? Somebody enter q - he want to do specific content. Make it instant port and problem solved, ppl will quickly realise to q only if they are ready to go for what they q and everyone time will be saved.

People do get up eventually, and then forget about the game or wind up only getting it the moment they get up for a long smoke break or to make some food assuming it would be at least a 5 to 7 minute wait. Nobody wants to stand around waiting 5 or 10 more minutes after waiting god knows how long in queue already for an afk player. It has happened to me a couple of times since the fall, right after entering queue and assuming I had 4 or 5 minutes to step out to smoke, and then i got stuck in an hour queue again after the stupid dodge timer. But Imagine how it would be if i sat there and had to put up with the hour queue just to have some plick sitting there for 5 to 10 minutes after finally getting into the dungeon wondering the whole time if the healer or tank would leave since they'd get an instant pop anyways once their own dodge timer was gone. Its never pleasant that way , either. That's why there is a prompt to accept. It also allows you to finish killing something or handing in a quest briefly before being ported in. So it's convenient for the person getting the prompts as well.

Pop to bg is almost instant and ppl know it. Its the broken *** confirmation thats just took 2 hours to 4 man team and we didnt get to play 1 !!!! bg.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about battlegrounds but when I queue for a random normal with a group from my guild we get the "Declined" loop very often despite all of us accepting.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you telling me that people actually queue for battlegrounds to decline invites? thanks for the insight
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    There is a ready check because it is a group invite. If you form a group and ready up without a member of your group wanting to play it could cause issues kinda like a person trolling his own group.lol sounds dumb I know but it will happen if they remove.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    This might help diagnose the problem. How about we ban people from the Group Finder for the rest of the day if they queue up and then decline the Ready Check more than two times that day? Or something similar?
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Niberion
    Niberion
    ✭✭✭
    2 hours of clicking joining with 4 man team the queue and nothing happened, all over again same msg, "somebody declined.." Really ZOS, we payed for a feature our hard earn money, please respect that!
    You had enough time to test it and fix it properly during the last 2 weeks of PC beta test.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might help diagnose the problem. How about we ban people from the Group Finder for the rest of the day if they queue up and then decline the Ready Check more than two times that day? Or something similar?

It have nothing to do with ppl declining q. Its broke gf system. You can take 4 man guild team to a dungeon q everyone confirms, it goes into forming and after some seconds pop up same "someone decline inv" message. Thing is, in forming stage you cant even cancel it anymore, button to leave is greyed out.
    Edited by Gravord on June 5, 2017 5:16PM
  • Unklarheit
    And now?
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently there is no further reply from Zenimax to this post. Honestly, I don't know what to say. This should be number one priority for the business. Fix the major update (First of its kind of the game, aka the entire publicity and standing of the game), and keep the players informed about what is going on.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    does anyone actlly test this stuff? i could've told u in 5 mins that it still didn't work lmao
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same q problems.
    Same uneven group sizes (it appears lots of people want to play so why not just make 4 person groups??)
    Now apparently not announcing what type of game it is when you do port in.
    No idea if it is connected but immovable potions do not seem to be working in there any more (they were before).

I think it has actually overall got worse with this latest patch
    Edited by Tavore1138 on June 5, 2017 7:36PM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is causing ZoS this much trouble to fix this on PC then I'm terrified of how it will work on XBox. I think they're still trying to figure out how to fix vMoL and other trials which have been broken for months on XBox. I'm really excited for BGs but will extremely disappointed if they are nonfunctional because of queuing issues.
    Edited by bubbygink on June 5, 2017 7:26PM
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why a client patch is required for this. This is clearly a broken server side code. Is ZOS just buying time by pretending they need to wait a week for each attempt? Well, that time is running out pretty quickly as there will be tons of new players joining the game just to find a game with broken core functionality. Yes, many games are broken at launch, but this one is 3 years old now.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    There is a ready check because it is a group invite. If you form a group and ready up without a member of your group wanting to play it could cause issues kinda like a person trolling his own group.lol sounds dumb I know but it will happen if they remove.

It wasn't there prior to Homestead. And it worked approximately a hundred time better than it ever has since then(talking dungeon groupfinder there, not BGs, but they're obviously using the same broken system for both). Yes there was an occasional issue with an afk player but it wasn't worth the 1001 bug we have now.

Seriously, I think dungeon people would much rather have an occasional afk player in their group(which if he doesn't get back by the time you're to the first boss you can kick and queue for replacement), and BG...queue pops like every 10 seconds and we aren't even into official release yet, how many afk players would there be really? I'm not saying none but one afk player in Idk ten matches sounds way better than being unable to do ten matches whatsoever because the system bugs out. Besides, not like it queues even numbers atm anyway so a 4th afk player wouldn't be much worse than being put 2v3v4 anyway.

I mean yes, the idea in theory is good but they're obvious not capable of making it work without breaking too many important things. It's really not worth it.
    Edited by Magdalina on June 5, 2017 7:56PM
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭

This is not true at all, ever since todays patch, it doesnt say someone declined, it says 'someone in your group' has declined, which is not the case. As seen here

Screenshot_1_zpsqshmkapn.png@ZOS_GinaBruno

Everyone in my guilds has the same issue.

Just to double check, are you queuing with a pre-formed group of 4 and confirming none of the others are declining?

yes. pre-formed, all guildes, know each other since years, even in private. still getting that message every time.

only time it work is solo. and it isn't fun to play an mmo alone
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game KNOWS if a player is AFK. The ready check should only bother those who are AFK or in combat and remove them from the queue if they do not respond in time or they decline. It should not punish majority of players who are ready. Punish those, who are not ready. While forming a group, if there are 3 active players and 1 AFK (or 10 active and 2 AFK ones for BGs), it should just ignore the AFK ones and take the next active one in the queue. It's pretty simple. Unfortunatelly it requires a team of real programmers, not artists or zone designers, to fix it.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing? I sure love paying for products that don't work...
This discussion has been closed.