The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds still broken

• Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to look into your Dev team, ZoS.

All these unfinished 'fixes' are getting out of hand. I've never seen so many 'unfixable' bugs in an MMO before. Maybe, just maybe, some of the Devs and/or team aren't doing their job and have an ulterior motive for doing so.
    I won't be surprised if that's the case.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's now beyond disappointing...

I have only 1-2 hours to play after work. I was waiting battlegrounds with big hopes because I like PvP but I don't like the big scale zergfest that's now Cyrodiil.

After weeks of theory crafting, looking at the new sets, purchasing different sets and test them out on skellies, preparing for my first battleground with my recurring group mates...

Only to still not be able to get into battleground (I was only able to enter ONCE).

It's a massive waste of my free time and it's just not worth it. Not to mention the cost of the new chapter that is supposed to make BG accessible.

ZOS, please fix this because as it is now, it's embarrassing.

I'm a software developer, and if we were handling a prod issue like you do, the regulators would already shut our company down for good. Unfortunately (lucky you), there are no regulators and enforced quality controls in the gaming industry.
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    Queueing with 3 guildies yesterday as group, had 2 matches in 2h, rest of the time we spent waiting with getting the "Someone declined" message constantly.
    On third match I got in, but got grouped with 3 random ppl while my guildies didnt get in and still saw me in their group. After match I returned to my original group. So yeah, we had an awesome evening...
    Edited by VolvoXX on June 9, 2017 6:06AM
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    VolvoXX wrote: »
    Queueing with 3 guildies yesterday as group, had 2 matches in 2h, rest of the time we spent waiting with getting the "Someone declined" message constantly.
    On third match I got in, but got grouped with 3 random ppl while my guildies didnt get in and still saw me in their group. After match I returned to my original group. So yeah, we had an awesome evening...

I'll add this to my Battlegrounds bugs thread.
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe if we're lucky @ZOS_BrianWheeler logs in to the game often enough in the next time so we can have a working product in 6 months.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Well maybe if we're lucky @ZOS_BrianWheeler logs in to the game often enough in the next time so we can have a working product in 6 months.

We should start taking bets on how long it will take ZOS to bring Battlegrounds up to par with other MMO's PvP arenas.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On xbox iv done over 50 bg matches longest Q wait usually takes 10 mins for me.

Btw there are 12 people in the ready check which means theres a higher probability that one person declines .

Can be broken on pc i dont have one. Maybe consoles are the master race now?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On xbox iv done over 50 bg matches longest Q wait usually takes 10 mins for me.

Btw there are 12 people in the ready check which means theres a higher probability that one person declines .

Can be broken on pc i dont have one. Maybe consoles are the master race now?

Maybe you read the thread first. The problem is not about solo queuing (though that bugs out quite often too) but group queuing. Also it's not about declining as the message appears even after you got the status "forming group" - which means everyone hit "ready".
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any update on your ongoing investigation? In monday it will be 3 full weeks since bg launched and they are still unplayable for groups...
    For once in a long time youve made something thats actually good and ppl want to play it, dont destroy that good work by broken group finder issues denying ppl opportunity to play that content.
    Edited by Gravord on June 9, 2017 3:27PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »

Any update on your ongoing investigation? In monday it will be 3 full weeks since bg launched and they are still unplayable for groups...
    For once in a long time youve made something thats actually good and ppl want to play it, dont destroy that good work by broken group finder issues denying ppl opportunity to play that content.

Unplayable?

/looks at his BG achievements...

Okay

In general after reading through this thread I can't help but wonder how much more communication we might receive if the playerbase didn't defecate all over everything and the people making the game.

It's one thing to be upset and desire fixes and answers, but it's a completely different thing to crap all over everything while doing it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Unplayable?

Okay

In general after reading through this thread I can't help but wonder how much more communication we might receive if the playerbase didn't defecate all over everything and the people making the game.

It's one thing to be upset and desire fixes and answers, but it's a completely different thing to crap all over everything while doing it.

That 'defecation' comes from being ignored, lied to, and treated like [snip] idiots when it comes to issues such as these.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 1, 2018 7:57PM

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplayable?

Okay

You might need to read the topic again and check how community manager dismissed broken group finder blaming it on players doing real declines... took days and video proof to receive "we will investigate the issue". Now more days passed and its still complete silence. So it wont be fixed today or during the weekend. 3 full weeks unplayable for GROUPS. Did you made your achievements with a group or solo?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplayable?

Okay

You might need to read the topic again and check how community manager dismissed broken group finder blaming it on players doing real declines... took days and video proof to receive "we will investigate the issue". Now more days passed and its still complete silence. So it wont be fixed today or during the weekend. 3 full weeks unplayable for GROUPS. Did you made your achievements with a group or solo?

Word of mouth means jack-shite on forums. either get video evidence, images, or construct a range of data.
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Unplayable?

Okay

Word of mouth means jack-shite on forums. either get video evidence, images, or construct a range of data.

When it's their own game, they should be aware of these bugs. This sh*t has been going on and been reported since the PTS, and still got pushed to live. These people do absolutely 0 internal testing.
    Edited by Uncle_Sweetshare on June 9, 2017 3:57PM

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Unplayable?

Okay

Yeah 'cos "The customer is always a lying scumbag" works so well as a motto in the customer service industry....
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplayable?

Okay

That 'defecation' comes from being ignored, lied to, and treated like [snip] idiots when it comes to issues such as these.

Yes yes, of course. Let's develop a new highly desired game mode and then lie about it and ignore people. That seems like a winning strategy.

Just because you don't receive the attention you want doesn't mean the issue is being ignored. Just because you weren't addressed directly doesn't mean it was ignored. Just because the answer received isn't what you want doesn't mean it is a lie.

There is a lot of bs on this forum to sift through, and I'd much rather have the developers working than replying on the forums to every little thing. Especially when it's people acting like whiny little brats.

BG matchmaking does have its issues but to believe it's not being worked on? Refer back to your treatment statement.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 1, 2018 7:57PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes yes, of course. Let's develop a new highly desired game mode and then lie about it and ignore people. That seems like a winning strategy.

Sarcasm or not, this is quite literally what they've done.

Battlegrounds has a very, very, long way to go, beyond matchmaking being fixed. I would consider it to be in an Alpha state at best, and last I checked, paying for a product then expecting it to function isn't being a 'whiny little brat,' as you so put it.

Also, communicating with the playerbase and relaying information between the players and the devs is quite literally the job description of a community manager, it has nothing to do with the devs that are working on the game.
    Edited by Uncle_Sweetshare on June 9, 2017 4:06PM

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplayable?

Okay

Just because you don't receive the attention you want doesn't mean the issue is being ignored. Just because you weren't addressed directly doesn't mean it was ignored. Just because the answer received isn't what you want doesn't mean it is a lie.

There is a lot of bs on this forum to sift through, and I'd much rather have the developers working than replying on the forums to every little thing. Especially when it's people acting like whiny little brats.

BG matchmaking does have its issues but to believe it's not being worked on? Refer back to your treatment statement.

Thats why companies hire community managers to open line of communication between playerbase and developers without taking them away from work?.... And those community managers shouldnt as you call it "defecate" on players who report existing game breaking issues and blaming those issues on players without any reason.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 1, 2018 7:58PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unplayable?

Okay

It's a major bug that is either preventing or seriously reducing people's ability to play a core feature of something they have just shelled out £40+ to acquire - it's also the first high profile 'Chapter' release that ESO has done.

Knowingly releasing it broken was extremely questionable but probably driven by the money clowns - not having some sort of communications plan to keep players updated on what is being done to fix it, even if it's just a daily 'still working' type update, just demonstrates again that ZOS lack much depth in that area.

These forums would be a lot less rage filled if ZOS simply took the time to communicate instead of hiding their heads at the first sign of trouble - and it need not involve anything but one of the community folks going for a 15 minute stand up with the dev head to have a quick update which they then summarise in a post on a thread here... hardly an unusual thing for any IT related work stream.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unplayable?

Okay

Thats why companies hire community managers to open line of communication between playerbase and developers without taking them away from work?.... And those community managers shouldnt as you call it "defecate" on players who report existing game breaking issues and blaming those issues on players without any reason.

Our community managers are some of the best I've ever seen. Gina's first post in this thread was explaining something very true.

I've watched multiple streams where the very person streaming wasn't paying attention, didn't ready check and was stuck in queue a lot longer than should have been.

I've been in several groups where people go afk in my own group and we get the someone declined message. Considering this message can appear because of anyone of the possible twelve players not hitting the check, it's not unlikely at all that sometimes this message is actually true.

Can it be erroneous? Sure seems so, but that doesn't invalidate the original statement she made. At that point in time it was thought to be fixed and she was replying to let you know that was a reason for getting the message.

Again, to think it's not being addressed is just flat out wrong. I understand it's bothersome that the fix we need isn't here yet, but acting like children isn't going to help anything.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We have some more fixes in the works regarding how the server requests instances of Battlegrounds/Dungeons. This potentially fixes several cases such as getting a full ready check then getting a "someone declined message" as well as getting kicked back to the queue/ready check after you get "forming group" messages.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have some more fixes in the works regarding how the server requests instances of Battlegrounds/Dungeons. This potentially fixes several cases such as getting a full ready check then getting a "someone declined message" as well as getting kicked back to the queue/ready check after you get "forming group" messages.

Thank you for checking in.

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started dark brotherhood DLC the other day, which has been out for years. For content focused on stealth/assassination, there's a lot of stealth mechanics bugs in this DLC alone. Pretty absurd since i've been paying for ESO+ and Morrowind is now out.

Not even gonna get into Cyrodiil lol
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now you see that's what I'm talking about!

(And we know that it may take more than one fix to iron out all the bugs but just helps to know that people are still looking at it).
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome. Any date we can expect it to be ready and pushed live?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Those fixes are still going through engineer reviews and QA testing so when they pass those we can give an ETA.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those fixes are still going through engineer reviews and QA testing so when they pass those we can give an ETA.

Thanks for info!
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭
    joins BG ... 2 people vs 4 or a group.. SOLO PLAYERS HAVE NO FING CHANCE ... Leave BG people get pissed
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Why was key content released when it was known to be broken? Why were players blamed for a well-known issue reported on PTS? Why has group finder been consistently broken for months? Why did Gina present us with false information? Why has it taken so long to get an official acknowledgment of an issue?

Thank you for your time.
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    BATTLEGROUNDS = ELITE

How are people supposed to afford that much of Poisons / Immo potions?

Since without them you're in clearly disadvantaged.
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
This discussion has been closed.