Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to fix the "inspiration" gain during crafting? New characters' levels are far outpacing their crafting skill. The only way to receive "inspiration" is to deconstruct and research items, and the latter only gives a minuscule amount of xp, especially considering the time it takes to complete. You can't even craft yourself a basic set of steel armor before you're well past the levels you'd use it.

I personally don't see how you're doing this, I always have the opposite happen with my chars. Are you grinding through speedily and/or selling your items to merchants instead of deconning everything?
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the PVP justice system has been scrapped, are you planning any new improvements to it? I don't think I am alone in thinking the current system needs something more.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we get 64-bit client on pts for tests orit will come on live only?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that there is seasonal limit caps to the Champion System (currently 501 CP) 1. Over what time frame can anyone expect to reach the max limit 3600 CP? 2. Now there seasonal caps why not increase the rate of leveling by each time you gain a CP you get 1 CP into warrior, thief and mage same time. 3. What are the number of players that reached say 100 CP vs those over 1000 CP?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • kulaan_dovulom
    kulaan_dovulom
    ✭✭✭
    Can a brother get a pony guar???

I've been playing for months now waiting for the opportunity to have a little guar friend to accompany me on my adventures. I bought the guar plush and got the code that doesn't work on console. And I see the crown store had the striated pony guar that was removed right before ESO came to console.
    Options
  • kulaan_dovulom
    kulaan_dovulom
    ✭✭✭
    Question continued...

Are there any plans to bring the little guy back to the crown store or possibly make plushies with codes that are also compatible with the console versions?
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much CP cap will be increased?
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance finishing moves will be added like previous TES games? Can you guys take advantage of the M rating and add more blood and gore to the game?
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys add a way to decrease falling damage either as a Skills passive or add to the Champion System? I wouldn't mind seeing it replace Shade in the Shadow constellation. We already have a lot of ways to decrease Stealth stamina cost.
    Options
  • SnowmanDK
    SnowmanDK
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry if this has already been answered, but as you already announced a 64 bit client, then I am curious:

Will the game start to take advantage of DirectX 12 functionality/optimizations?
    Ebonheart Pact: Titiani - Templar
    Ebonheart Pact: Xsnowman - Crafter
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to add the black werewolf skin as an option? The Berserker Morph already has the icon and we know there are black werewolves in the game.
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to give Vampires their fangs? Maybe even make them larger as you progress from one stage to the next?
    Edited by Lokryn on January 13, 2016 11:23PM
    Options
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    (name pronunciation cause Gina asks for them- Ool-tee-o-nis)

Have a few questions,
    • Update for Justice-Glad I saved this instead of wondering about the 2nd half. It is sad to see that this will not be an aspect you guys will be taking, was hoping to bring a character into the enforcement role and one for a thief. is there any plans to charge the current system? I am hoping at some point, players can actually be arrested instead of paying/killed. Also adding perhaps could be kill-able? Ex: One guard would be an easy kill, small group would be harder and the more that show up, they stronger and more difficult it would be for the criminal to get away or fight his way out.
    • Thieves Guild Update-Is there any potential group content that involves thieving like heists?
    • Player housing-I know you guys had mentioned that it is coming, I am wondering if Guild housing will be added either at the same time or after player housing is established?
    • Rest Bonus-Thinking back on Skyrim, could there be a rested xp bonus when logging out in taverns (rented rooms?) or in player houses? Also an added bonus if a player logs out with his spouse in group (Well Rested Bonus)?
    • "Glamour"-Borrowing the name from another game, would it be possible to change the appearance of armor pieces into different styles and types? Ex: A set piece heavy head piece drop with xivkyn style could be changed into a Breton light armor hood for looks only.
    • Combative Followers for hire/talk too?
    • Could the Nightmare Courser leave a fiery trail similar to the mind shriven horse?
    Options
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This might seem like a weird question, but can we get any info about when the quest New in Town will be returning, if at all? It was removed in patch 1.0.1 along with the quest-giver NPC, Malareth, and the natch potes seem to imply that they will both be returning at some point.
    Quests
    Auridon
    • [...]
    • New in Town: Malareth has been run out of Vulkhel Guard for the time being, but she vows to return at a later date. Those of you on this quest are advised to abandon the quest until she returns. Not completing this quest will not impact any achievements.

Edit: I hope it isn't coming back. I don't want the quest reward to lose its desirability for collectors. >:)
    Edited by Faunter on January 17, 2016 1:49AM
    Options
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back at Quakecon 2014, you spoke about 'handing the game to the players' and 'emerging gameplay'. With the recent axing of Justice PvP and the indefinite delay of Spellcrafting, I have to ask: is this type of 'sandboxification' still something you're committed to, or are you focused on making more themepark content?
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to get jewerly crafting ZOS?

Options
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Are u planing to increase/decrease the Chance for getting golden hardener from raw Materials?
    For me its like 250 Raw Materials for 1 golden hardener
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are u planing to increase/decrease the Chance for getting golden hardener from raw Materials?
    For me its like 250 Raw Materials for 1 golden hardener

This is the way it's meant to be, if the gold tempers were more common then it would be nowhere near as special anymore to have your gear in Gold. I personally find that refining raw mats is one of the best ways to get the tempers, as they drop quite frequently when you've been farming for a long while.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    This is the way it's meant to be, if the gold tempers were more common then it would be nowhere near as special anymore to have your gear in Gold. I personally find that refining raw mats is one of the best ways to get the tempers, as they drop quite frequently when you've been farming for a long while.

Agreed. Spent one hour doing a full perimeter node harvest farm in Wrothgar. Ended up with 6 alloys from 200 ores (void/rubedite) and since I have all my heavy armor/weapons gold already, that was money in the bank!
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options
  • Maddux
    Maddux
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long do we have to wait until we can buy a Penguin Companion in the Crownstore?
    TESO is a World full of wonderful Storys, awesome Heroes and strange Creatures. What could fit better as a Penguin? And they look so cute while they walk.
    You cant argue against a Penguin!
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It be nice if they post the months pets n mounts will come out
    Options
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Are you guys going to up the drop rate for the set items in veteran White-Gold Tower? Because on my last 4 runs not a single set item dropped. Or maybe you could guarantee an item to drop when you defeat the final boss. I'm asking because I have no motivation for running it if there is a big chance of me not getting any reward at all.

Options
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we're going to hear more from the starting group for DC(Lerissa, Kaleen, et cetera).
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Let us use crowns to buy gold
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I also think console players need A LOT more information about their toon.

Extra information on what that hit damage was, extra information where the nodes are, chat box in console, the ability to toggle nodes on map or lore book (like pc)

This really isn't to much to ask. Surely instead of offering another costume you should put more time into adding actual useful things for us.

Also when will wrothgar have better drop rate for v16 nodes I mean come on its mainly all v14. Even the surveys have v14 in them. I don't use that and I am sure many don't that have maxed out there crafting skills.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
    Options
  • Jake211049
    some time ago in a interview 2 devs spoke about making heavy armor more viable overall, i distinctly remember being said that if a dps wanted to come into a dungeon in heavy armor it would be alright.

any more info on whats happening with that?
    currently wearing heavy armor is because you want to, with massive gameplay disadvantages, for just about anything, even with tanking its a stretch, let alone as dps.

edit, the actual interview segment, its from the when they were talking about the champ system coming in:

Currently Heavy Armor isn’t used for too much outside of tanking. Do you think these changes will realistically encourage players to use that armor type for other roles?

EW: Yeah, I think it’s more viable now for DPS to use some Heavy Armor to add to survivability. You can be a damage dealer in full Heavy Armor if you want, and in PvP the added Spell Resistance will be very useful.
    Edited by Jake211049 on January 14, 2016 11:28PM
    Options
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the following:
    • What are the current plans for utilizing the newly unlocked 7th core on PS4?
    • Will customized controller button mapping come to consoles? If not, can you add more presets?
    • Activating synergies is error-prone on console and is a time sensitive requirement which causes deaths during vMSA and ICP. Can you change the default button mapping to a single button? On dualshock 4 there are two pressure plates (left and right) behind the touchpad which you have both assigned to map but one of them could be synergy. On xbone it could be LS + RS
    • There were hints earlier about a return appearance of Naryu in future DLC. Can you give us some teasers?
    • Are there any plans to add second screen support for consoles? For example viewing the Cyrodiil map on your phone/tablet while riding around without stopping.
    • (For Brian)-In a previous ESOlive Eric stated that the reason dual wielding swords does more spell damage than a staff is because it lacks the ability to do heavy attacks to regain magicka. Can you please review the discussion that has taken place in the related topic in the combat mechanics forum? Many magicka players feel they are being railroaded into dual wielding swords because the alternatives are far inferior.
    • vMSA is currently only able to be completed by DPS spec. Tanks and healers spec are unable to participate in this content without creating new gear, spending coin to reset our skills to DPS, and abandoning our guildmates for at least a week or two to attempt the new content. Will new content be released in the future that cater only to tanks or only to healers?

Thanks
    Edited by beerninja on January 14, 2016 10:47PM
    Options
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the book "Tales of Tamriel Vol. 2" not in the Bethstore yet?
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddux wrote: »
    How long do we have to wait until we can buy a Penguin Companion in the Crownstore?
    TESO is a World full of wonderful Storys, awesome Heroes and strange Creatures. What could fit better as a Penguin? And they look so cute while they walk.
    You cant argue against a Penguin!

I can't see them not releasing a Chub Loon pet at some point or another; it'd surely as much of a seller as the Netch pet :p

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the chub loon and camel both come with Thieves guild, hopfully
    Options
This discussion has been closed.