Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Copy on the PTS

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the European megaserver characters have been copied as of early this morning, and are currently available to play on the PTS with patch 1.6.3.

@ZoS_GinaBruno Are we done with char copies? Or can we expect to see another NA char copy on Tuesday, Feb 24, 2015 and EU copy March 3? Frankly, the broken template is disappointing. And you guys keep making major changes, but have not fixed the damage stacking issue. On the other hand, the damage shield graphic persisting after the buff showed up on my live character last week and is listed in the patch notes as being fixed with 1.6.3..Since it is audio also I end up having to log out and back in to fix. Bad in Cyrodiil.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • alexwar
    alexwar
    Soul Shriven
    It is a pity that did not export my characters with NA, and what is exported to the European server, and there I almost did not play
    Raton Dominion TESO Russian Guild on NA
    My BLOG
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, why are the European Characters being copied once again this weekend? And is this the last patch before 1.6 is implemented to Live?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, why are the European Characters being copied once again this weekend?
    Probably because EU haven't had a full week yet.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • alexwar
    alexwar
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, personally .... I needed characters with NA ....
    I did not understand why I test for characters with the European server. I've got a character level of 27, which I have long abandoned ...
    Why can not I copy the characters from the NA?
    Raton Dominion TESO Russian Guild on NA
    My BLOG
  • Red_Nine
    Red_Nine
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on NA and I do not have any of my toons copied over. :(

Neither are mine. Bummer.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, why are the European Characters being copied once again this weekend?
    Probably because EU haven't had a full week yet.

I understand that EU haven't had a full week yet, but they are implementing a new patch and besides that, unless 1.6.4 is the patch hitting Live before Tuesday afternoon, EU will end up having more than a week and playing through 2 patches.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA has two full weeks on PTS already, you're late.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    NA has two full weeks on PTS already, you're late.

Two full weeks? You are counting the week we couldn't do any meaningful testing because Zenimax released patch in which you couldn't make gear above Vr9? The same week in which anyone with a Two handed weapon could one shot a raid boss? Cool.

You guys are missing our point here. We are worried 1.6 will not hit Live this coming week and come Tuesday Zenimax will not take the PTS offline for another character transition for NA characters. If@ZOS_GinaBruno could come and answer our questions, there'd be no problem at all, but she has been very silent.

Is 1.6 hitting Live next week?
    If not, will NA get a character transfer to the PTS on Tuesday as usual, or will that be ignored as you are patching the server today?
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are missing our point here.
    Hey, I responded to another person who did not take part in testing, not everyone on NA.
    You are counting the week we couldn't do any meaningful testing because Zenimax released patch in which you couldn't make gear above Vr9?
    Well, yeah. This is what testing means to be - finding issues and bugs, including gear problems. It's not just trying some new builds on trials, you know.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    You guys are missing our point here.
    Hey, I responded to another person who did not take part in testing, not everyone on NA.
    You are counting the week we couldn't do any meaningful testing because Zenimax released patch in which you couldn't make gear above Vr9?
    Well, yeah. This is what testing means to be - finding issues and bugs, including gear problems. It's not just trying some new builds on trials, you know.

Well, I at least wasn't able to accomplish much that week as there is no point to running numbers with gear sets five levels bellow your own.
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    Will NA characters get another copy on Tuesday?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max2497 wrote: »
    Will NA characters get another copy on Tuesday?

Nope, EU will get an extra week instead.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA got extra time last time around. It's only fair that EU gets it this time.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    NA got extra time last time around. It's only fair that EU gets it this time.

Oh yes, it is perfectly fair. Lets ignore NA's last "test" week was completely pointless as we couldn't make gear above vr9 and trolls were walking all over one shooting any mobs, even trial bosses with a two handed sword. Lets pretend this is all perfectly fair.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets ignore NA
    Maybe you should try to calm down at last?.. 1.6 will reach live servers in just one week. No one would even think about PTS on Monday.
  • H8JD
    H8JD
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone else not wonder why we can't just put in some kind of request to have the specific character or characters copied to the PTS. Regardless of which megaserver they come from. Maybe I don't want/need all of my toons copied over I am really just interested it testing things on one of my characters. I am not sure how hard it would be to implement these kinds of transfers, but I think your customers deserve it & would appreciate it.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA on when a fresh copy of NA is scheduled?
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Normally I like the sound of crickets )
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9c_KttvQPU
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you are:
    awesome, thx
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you are:
    awesome, thx
    anytime, my pleasure
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I would like for them to refresh because of so many key changes. I'll manage by doing on live, but the 3000 gold respec is starting to dig pretty deep in the pockets.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they should at least update PTS to 2.0.4 to get rid of some of the bugs that are still there but have been fixed for Live, and when they do that, they can do an NA copy at the same time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there going to be another character copy anytime soon? (If yes which server will get the characters copied)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hello!

As of May 13th, we are publishing patch 2.0.8 on the PTS. During this time, we are also be copying North American characters from the live server to the PTS. The stamp for the copy was taken at approximately 12EM EDT on May 13th. This does mean that all existing PTS characters will be wiped during the maintenance.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this just a one-off copy because you were patching PTS? Any chance of regular PTS character copies, alternating between NA and EU? It would give us another thing to do while waiting for new content.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, is there going to be any way for EU characters to test IC on the PTS? I think having us test everything with terrible premades instead of our actual characters is a bit of a bummer.

It can't be that hard to append "_EU" and "_NA" to character names, surely?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    It can't be that hard to append "_EU" and "_NA" to character names, surely?

This was my exact thought. The limitation seems like a simple key constraint in the database for character names. In the character copy SQL "simply" append _EU or _NA to EVERY character name and merge the two databases. You'll run into the eight character limit on some accounts, but "simply" change the number of allowed characters on PTS or fail the import after 8 characters.
    Edited by Dominoid on July 13, 2015 3:22PM
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyway of knowing which rotation it is this week? NA character copy or EU?
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-