Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
On Monday (6/2) during the regular maintenance period, we’ll be pushing an incremental patch to the live megaservers. The patch includes a handful of important fixes and improvements. We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now:

We do have more skill line fixes and improvements on the way, and are looking at which ones we can get out next week. We’ll keep you updated.

Alliance War
  • Implemented some memory fixes which will improve performance (decrease latency) in Cyrodiil.
  • Caltrops: Fixed an issue with Caltrops – you will no longer be immune to siege damage.
  • Fixed an issue where some container rewards received through mail by non-veteran rank player characters contained items with no level or icon.

Nightblade
  • Catalyst: This passive ability’s bonus has been increased to 15% for Rank I and 30% for Rank II.
  • Path of Darkness: This ability’s damage has been slightly increased.
  • Veil of Blades: This ability is now capable of critical strikes.

Templar
  • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

Trials
  • Fixed an issue with treasure chests so more than one group member can now loot the chest before it disappears.

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue that was causing some people to get stuck at the login screen or character select screen for a long period of time after experiencing a crash.
  • Graphics: We have implemented a fix for those who could not see ghosts when using DX9 after patch 1.1.2. However, we encourage you to use DX11 unless playing on Windows XP.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing some collected books to disappear or get replaced when you used a Wayshrine or reloaded the game.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampire cost reduction still bugs when you die, any idea when a fix for that comes out?
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Monday (6/2) during the regular maintenance period, we’ll be pushing an incremental patch to the live megaservers. The patch includes a handful of important fixes and improvements. We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now:

We do have more skill line fixes and improvements on the way, and are looking at which ones we can get out next week. We’ll keep you updated.

Alliance War
    • Implemented some memory fixes which will improve performance (decrease latency) in Cyrodiil.
    • Caltrops: Fixed an issue with Caltrops – you will no longer be immune to siege damage.
    • Fixed an issue where some container rewards received through mail by non-veteran rank player characters contained items with no level or icon.

Nightblade
    • Catalyst: This passive ability’s bonus has been increased to 15% for Rank I and 30% for Rank II.
    • Path of Darkness: This ability’s damage has been slightly increased.
    • Veil of Blades: This ability is now capable of critical strikes.

Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

Trials
    • Fixed an issue with treasure chests so more than one group member can now loot the chest before it disappears.

Miscellaneous
    • Fixed an issue that was causing some people to get stuck at the login screen or character select screen for a long period of time after experiencing a crash.
    • Graphics: We have implemented a fix for those who could not see ghosts when using DX9 after patch 1.1.2. However, we encourage you to use DX11 unless playing on Windows XP.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing some collected books to disappear or get replaced when you used a Wayshrine or reloaded the game.

Awesome :D cant wait to see the rest if the fixes, will there be weapon buffs coming soon?
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you change catalyst so it reduce the cool-down period for potion instead of the current change? Atm healing like 45 more hits every 30 seconds is not worth any skill points.
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what I was thinking. Potions heal fine but NBs are too squishy to last between potions. Also Path of Darkness damage slightly increased, even with double the damage it's not worth giving a slot to.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the full patch notes.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • erezhub
    erezhub
    ✭✭
    No fix for the lost achievements yet? =\
  • Relyk04
    Relyk04
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict.
    Edited by Relyk04 on May 30, 2014 10:28PM
  • Agis
    Agis
    ✭✭✭
    ...we encourage you to use DX11...
    [/list]

I'm sorry but downgrading to DX9 is the only way I can play ESO. A lot of people are still having issues with crashes related to texturemap issues and the nvidea gpu 600 series. We are forced to downgrade to DX9 because it's able to recover from the crash in just 5 seconds. Whereas keeping it on DX11 like it should be, the game just completely crashes. Meaning we have to relaunch/relog every single time. I would be okay with this if it didn't happen every 15 minutes.
  • Taiminator
    Taiminator
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict.

Pressing the sprint key (SHIFT by default) cancels bow attacks
    Pact Bosmer Nightblade DPS, Tank or healer
  • Amesiel
    Amesiel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Awsome to hear that cyrodiil latency will decrease.

Any date for EU server to move to EU?
    Does devs consider boosting players in cyrodiil more?
    What about fight against bots?

Anyway I am looking forward to full patch notes.
  • Naru_D_Wynn
    Naru_D_Wynn
    Soul Shriven
    Relyk04 wrote: »

Tbh I wish they changed it so it auto-releases when fully charged like all the other weapons when keeping mouse button down , works that way for staves and when you know that it works like that you won't draw until you're ready
    AND you maximize your dps because you won't over/under-draw.

I realize that won't be a popular decision for the "elder scrolls franchise veteran" at first but it will help archers in the long run , doing more damage on single target mobs.

• enigmasevenexb14_ESO
    enigmasevenexb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Is there no word or acknowledgement of the Sorc ability "Endless Fury" no longer returning mana on a killing blow? The intended fix in 1.1 was it would return mana whether the first or second strike returned mana, now NEITHER do.

I am a sorc-tank, who uses boundless storm for boosted damage mitigation and mobility, and last hitting enemies with endless fury was an essential part of my mana regen. Is there at least an ETA on when we might see that fix? Playing my build in veteran levels has been severely hindered because of this.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Cyrodiil, group member's icons are not accurate in tracking members and are usually delayed or frozen for a while. This getting fixed or is it part of your fix for Cyrodiil latency? P.S. I personally think there should be an option to change the size of the marker for group member's as in PvP, it can be very distracting and can overlap on things like camps and forts you are trying to teleport to -- a general nuisance at its current size.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Awsome to hear that cyrodiil latency will decrease.

Any date for EU server to move to EU?
    Does devs consider boosting players in cyrodiil more?
    What about fight against bots?

Anyway I am looking forward to full patch notes.

They couldn't INCREASE the Cyrodiil latency or it would be a PowerPoint show! lol
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    vampire shall never be fixed! ... jesus :D
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone recall Puncturing strikes having a "GLOBAL" cooldown before? If it did, it must have been pretty minute, because I never got locked out of all my other skills when using it prior to this latest patch.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • DrywFiltiarn
    DrywFiltiarn
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see an update on the achievements issue as well. I'm seeing odd behavior in this currently as apparently when you go quest a new zone (that you haven't been in before 1.1.2 patch) you can perfectly get the xx quests completed in zone achievements, but all old ones will simply state 0/xx completed. This currently makes me very hesitant on finishing up one zone where I hadn't completed enough quests yet to get the achievement, but where it does give me 0/xx completed.

It's been stated several times before that it's a purely cosmetic issue, but why is it then that for new zones that haven't been quested before the issue arose, the achievements do show properly? It seems impossible currently to be properly able to get and complete various achievements.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what was the deal with a global cooldown on the Templar ability in the first place. You sold the combat mechanics on "no cooldown! It's all resource-limited." Was this a mistake or did you intentionally do this as some weird interim fix for something else?
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somehow as a NB Im not particularly excited about the patch...
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can't fix everything at once people.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    Move the Server in EU.
    Use our money.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DonKiller wrote: »
    Move the Server in EU.
    Use our money.

Prolly used it all up on booze and hookers by now ;)

P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    So what was the deal with a global cooldown on the Templar ability in the first place. You sold the combat mechanics on "no cooldown! It's all resource-limited." Was this a mistake or did you intentionally do this as some weird interim fix for something else?

Pretty sure this is their way of covering up the fact that they added a 1.2 second GCD that was never announced. In Jessica's patch note addendum post, she promised to revert the change and instead increase magicka costs.

Looks like we get the increased Magicka cost AND GLOBAL cooldown, but it will be 140% less than it is now (1.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds) AND we get to keep the 1.2 second ICD as well, since there is no mention of that being reverted.

The latest patch notes are extremely vague and do not give percentages, I am pulling this from what Jessica originally said in the Patch Note Addendum for the last patch, where she referred to it as an INTERNAL cooldown btw. Something isn't adding up here. Either Jessica made a mistake in the patch notes addendum, or they've changed the skill from an ICD to a GCD. Or, the skill has both an ICD and a GCD, and the GCD nerf that was never acknowledged is the only thing that is being reverted in 1.1.3. That means we will still have a 1.2 second ICD.

I do not ever recall having all my skills locked by a global cooldown, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that in 52 levels of playing even if it was only 0.5 seconds before. But, perhaps that it so short a period of time it isn't noticable, I don't really know for sure.
    Edited by Mortosk on May 31, 2014 5:56PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »
    nathan_bri wrote: »

Pretty sure this is their way of covering up the fact that they changed it from an ICD to a GCD with the last patch and promised to revert it, but increase magicka cost instead. Looks like we get the increased Magicka cost AND GLOBAL cooldown, but it will be 140% less than it is now (1.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds). The latest patch notes are extremely vague and do not give percentages, I am pulling this from what Jessica originally said in the Patch Note Addendum for the last patch, where she referred to it as an INTERNAL cooldown btw. Something isn't adding up here. Either Jessica made a mistake in the patch notes addendum, or they've changed the skill from an ICD to a GCD.

I do not ever recall having all my skills locked by a global cooldown, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that in 52 levels of playing even if it was only 0.5 seconds before. But, perhaps that it so short a period of time it isn't noticable, I don't really know for sure.

Every skill will have a global cool down, for cooldown on blood craze is much lower than hidden blade, the biting jabs was nerfed so global cd was 0.5 and internal cd was 1.2, now both will be 0.5 but it will cost more. It just meant you could use biting jabs then impulse for instance faster than you could reactivate biting jabs.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somehow as a NB Im not particularly excited about the patch...

You should be, rather than wait another month to start pushing nightblade fixes, they're getting what they have done already out, i think this is a great idea.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you change catalyst so it reduce the cool-down period for potion instead of the current change? Atm healing like 45 more hits every 30 seconds is not worth any skill points.

Yup I dont even put a skill point for that ability
  • Ryfe
    Ryfe
    ✭✭
    Well i hoped that there will be something mentioned about the 301 error. I am afraid to login and then getting it again.

(i know that this patchnote is not final)
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still miss a fix to the fact that Sorc and DK can solo 12 man dungeons in Craglorn.

If thats not going to happen, then make it possible for Templar and NB too.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

Yup I dont even put a skill point for that ability

I've never really understood why increased potion effectiveness was part of the "Siphoning" skill tree, so man y other things they could do that would actually make sense.