The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

• SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update!
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every skill will have a global cool down, for cooldown on blood craze is much lower than hidden blade, the biting jabs was nerfed so global cd was 0.5 and internal cd was 1.2, now both will be 0.5 but it will cost more. It just meant you could use biting jabs then impulse for instance faster than you could reactivate biting jabs.

In the current patch, I can not use any skills for 1.2 seconds after casting biting jabs. I can't use my heal, I can't apply a solar barrage or reflective light. I can't even use a health or magicka potion or do a light or heavy attack until 1.2 seconds has elapsed, and it is very annoying.

The global cooldown is a lot longer than 0.5 seconds now.

They only announced in the 1.1.2 patch notes they raised the ICD, they mentioned NOTHING about raising GCD. But, in 1.1.3 patch notes they said they are reducing the GCD.

If you take that literally that means we will be stuck with a 1.2 second ICD since they've said nothing about reverting that. But, in addition to that, it will cost more magicka, and there will still be a small lock out period GCD that was never announced at all.

This has been very poorly handled by the developers from start to finish,imo.
    First they omit it from the patch notes entirely, then they have Jessica come on the forums after the uproar over the change and inaccurately describe what has changed, or intentionally omit part of the change, depending on how you want to look at it.

The vagueness and the word games they are playing here is disconcerting. I would really appreciate a detailed accounting of the changes to patch 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, so we know exactly what is going on, but I guess we can wait until Monday and let the results speak for themselves.
    Edited by Mortosk on May 31, 2014 5:47PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ The Devs sure are taking their time. Are you guys using a 3rd party to code for you?

Btw the forum mobile home page still broken since you guys attempted that layout change 3 weeks ago. Don't you guys care anymore?
    Edited by felixgamingx1 on May 30, 2014 11:42PM
  • sonofzeus
    sonofzeus
    Soul Shriven
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

Ummm Probably cause it aint broken !!!!

• Dimmur
    Dimmur
    ✭✭
    I dont see Endless Fury fix or rollback. (I know it's not final, but still making me extremely nervous).
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    Somehow as a NB Im not particularly excited about the patch...

You should be, rather than wait another month to start pushing nightblade fixes, they're getting what they have done already out, i think this is a great idea.

Seeing a fix go live is great. Too bad the "increased damage to Path of Darkness" doesn't really help when they still failed to fix the spell placing itself under the ground where it doesn't damage anything.
  • RAZOR222
    RAZOR222
    Soul Shriven
    ... [*] Fixed an issue that was causing some people to get stuck at the login screen or character select screen for a long period of time after experiencing a crash...

That's great, but what about the one where people are experiencing crashes even before the cinematic and consequently can't even get into the game to experience the rest of the bugs/fixes?
  • oni666
    oni666
    Soul Shriven
    Oooooh Veil Ultimate can now crit, made my day!
    Moar dps inc for nbs^^!
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why their is still no word on the european server @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ At the end of the day We are paying for something which is advertised as the european server when really we should of all been on the one server. Its been two months since release now. This should of been thought about before release it is most troubling to know a subscription based game delivering this kind of poor service. Us Europeans are being shafted basically.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not one word they are even looking at templars just that they are reverting their breaking of jabs to a nerf of pre-patch jabs... like we should be grateful....

stinks to high heaven....
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    Is it too much to ask to fix things like Provisioning loot in Vet areas, this has been an issue for a very long time now and makes things pretty annoying in vet areas, for example, why explore an area for crates etc if theyre useless to you.

Sad to not see any combat system changes too, this is also getting a little old :(
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still say you should just make biting jabs how it was pre-patch. You're pissing so many people off with other things, why not atleast appease a few people with this simple fix?
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news! I do hope the performance regression I'm experiencing will be solved. Large battles are all but unplayable now, where they were playable before.
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    They can't fix everything at once people.

Problem is they bring the server down for maintenance twice a week but only fix 1 thing every 2 weeks.

I don't see a fix for green dragonblood
    Is there no word or acknowledgement of the Sorc ability "Endless Fury" no longer returning mana on a killing blow? The intended fix in 1.1 was it would return mana whether the first or second strike returned mana, now NEITHER do.

I am a sorc-tank, who uses boundless storm for boosted damage mitigation and mobility, and last hitting enemies with endless fury was an essential part of my mana regen. Is there at least an ETA on when we might see that fix? Playing my build in veteran levels has been severely hindered because of this.

They'll nerf Bolt Escape before they fix that because their devs are only good at sucking on their toes.

On a note about fixing caltrops, don't. Mercenary Mages are broken, and keep guards require more effort than trials to kill efficiently to cap a keep, so between these two things, 5 players can easily defend a keep against a force of 20 players. So at least leave the caltrops broken so it doesn't take superhuman effort to cap a keep.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    that's cool...you'll be patching the game while I'm playing Wildstar
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's cool...you'll be patching the game while I'm playing Wildstar

If they don't get off their asses within the next month, I'm gonna unsub and go to Wildstar or back to GW2, at least those games have devs and customer support teams that pay attention to their player base

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Language]
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on May 31, 2014 1:32AM
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »
    Eivar wrote: »
    Somehow as a NB Im not particularly excited about the patch...

You should be, rather than wait another month to start pushing nightblade fixes, they're getting what they have done already out, i think this is a great idea.

Seeing a fix go live is great. Too bad the "increased damage to Path of Darkness" doesn't really help when they still failed to fix the spell placing itself under the ground where it doesn't damage anything.

Perhaps, but they've acknowledged that it's an issue, and stated that they are looking into it, would you rather they didn't push out what fixes they have now and wait a full month for anything at all to change?
    Edited by Eivar on May 31, 2014 1:15AM
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    They can't fix everything at once people.

This
  • Thulsola
    Thulsola
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! <Insert Pet Issue Here> isn't being fixed. The game is just fundamentally broken if <Insert Pet Issue Here> isn't the first thing you deal with! How dare you Zenimax! I'm going to rage quit now and go play <insert next MMO craze here> because you obviously don't care about <Insert pet Issue Here> or my concerns enough!
    Thulsola
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Mercenaries of the Queen - because if you can't have fun while playing a game, what's the point?
  • gaviidae
    gaviidae
    Soul Shriven
    Now that Zenimax is admitting in patch notes that they are nerfing biting jabs will we get skill point refunds like they did for other abilities that were nerfed?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you change catalyst so it reduce the cool-down period for potion instead of the current change? Atm healing like 45 more hits every 30 seconds is not worth any skill points.

Because you can get 3 Glyphs already and bump it down to 15 seconds.

What you're basically asking for is NB's to have an even lower cooldown on Potions which would be massively overpowered.

Right now 30% effectiveness increase (45% if argo) with 15 second cooldown is incredibly powerful...
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    Woop :)
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    Meh. The real question. . . . . about how far out is 1.2.x. I mean, it is nice to see some fixes coming out, but there is a heck of a lot that needs fixed and some of these are not even a drop in the bucket in terms of importance.
    Edited by stevenpotter321b14_ESO on May 31, 2014 1:29AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Amesiel‌

Were you expecting them to increase the damage?

Hopefully next patch.

You're right that its probably under performing.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the fix for Nightblade Shadowy Disguise not giving crit attacks and ending after 0.1 seconds?
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    gaviidae wrote: »
    Now that Zenimax is admitting in patch notes that they are nerfing biting jabs will we get skill point refunds like they did for other abilities that were nerfed?

Patch notes will say that you'll be refunded a skill point, but you won't actually receive it. That's in another patch....it's still 4-6 weeks out. #ESOlogic
  • ebunts14_ESO
    ebunts14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why wasnt this announcement put in the patch note section instead of this section. Patch notes is where I looked first for this announcement.
  • gotgk
    gotgk
    ✭✭
    Thulsola wrote: »
    OMG! <Insert Pet Issue Here> isn't being fixed. The game is just fundamentally broken if <Insert Pet Issue Here> isn't the first thing you deal with! How dare you Zenimax! I'm going to rage quit now and go play <insert next MMO craze here> because you obviously don't care about <Insert pet Issue Here> or my concerns enough!

Look at the forums.

This is what failure looks like. It's a damned disaster. And it's never going to be cleaned up until 'fixes' getting checked into the game actually goes through a comprehensive review, with 1 'the buck stops here' tyrant at the helm.

My developer senses tell me that there is a little bit too much koooom-by-ya in the room.

Or they can keep fiddlin' while the Titanic goes down.
    Edited by gotgk on May 31, 2014 2:48AM
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

REALLY REALLY think there should only be a CD on the move, not a GCD. But I'll cross my fingers and hope that the "adjustments" improve things :)
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wasnt this announcement put in the patch note section instead of this section. Patch notes is where I looked first for this announcement.

Could be due to this not being an actual patch, but some info on the patch coming soon. They are doing EXACTLY what we wanted them to do...communicate fast and early.

If this were the actual patch, it would probably go in there. What they could really use is a PTR forum (you know...with a PTR realm that we could go on and test...and then report stuff in the PTR forum...)

But apparently that's in the works. Thanks for posting this stuff early folks. it's appreciated.