Maintenance for the week of January 18:
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 22, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance– January 21, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 21, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

Was VR difficulty increase intended?

  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well back on topic... OMG !
    This needs sorting, fast ! ! !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up playing my VR8 player a few days ago and started playing my level 8 player......surprise, surprise!......there are other players running around.

    At VR level I rarely see other players.......makes it kinda hard to fall in with a group even if you want to. Someone told me to post in chat for help........ya right, good luck with that.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch hasn't hit the EU server yet so I can't really comment but I was already stuck on a solo quest at VR2.

    If this turns out to be true AND intended, I'll definitely quit.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is intended. Just for info. I'm almost certain it's a maths error in the patch as it's just unplayable now.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. you weren't right about anything. You are level 17 and talking like you know what
    Censorious wrote: »
    The patch hasn't hit the EU server yet so I can't really comment but I was already stuck on a solo quest at VR2.

    If this turns out to be true AND intended, I'll definitely quit.

    oh its true. Hopefully not intended. If it is intended I don't think they will be able to keep it this way. This is a ton of backlash
  • Misanthropy
    Misanthropy
    ✭✭
    I'm definitely going with error. The support I received seemed to have no idea what was going on, so they are forwarding it to be investigated.
    -- Misanthropy
  • Wavemoore
    Wavemoore
    ✭✭
    Login today to find my thread hijacked by a troll that was unfortunately fed to bursting.

    This is a legitimate concern and I was diappointed to see that Zenimax apparently has no comment about it. To provide some perspective, I received 976 damage per second from a quest chain boss (where I'm currently hopelessly stuck). With heals from the resto staff I last maybe 30 seconds. If I try to be offensive it's more like 15 seconds.

    I really like this game, so I'm hoping that someone in authority will comment soon with a direction.

    Thanks to all the serious posters. To the trolls, please go to another thread.
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Have to give it to Zenimax, for the first month progress was halted by broken quests and the usual bugs. They have got that fixed and now players can more or less get through levels 1 to 50.

    So then they make the Veteran Game unplayable. I seriously can't understand what their thinking is. Its almost like they want to drive players away, frustrate the level 1 to 50 experience, then for the players that have found a way through that or patiently waiting on fixes they then frustrate the veteran experience.

    This does not seem like a good business model. They then ignore questions about this so as to leave players guessing is it a bug or intended. Is it that they have too many subscriptions and want to drive players away cause they should come out and say that. Rather than to do it by looking incompetent.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boris3445 wrote: »
    Chrysolis wrote: »
    It's not stupid. This is a forum for customer support, not bragging about how great you are at ESO or picking apart people for valid complaints. You can empirically see that you would be part of the vast minority that likes these changes.

    If your refering to me, sorry for looking like I'm bragging (I'm only lvl 17 ATM) lol,
    I'm not sure if I "like" these changes, I'm just trying to get people to at least be able to understand stuff ok. Im one of those people who thinks differently and once again, we "home sapiens" are aggressive to whoever isn't with the "group"
    So please just understand that I'm only just trying to help the TESO adminerstraters and etc.

    Your neutral friend, Ripjaw Striker

    Get out of this thread. It's about the change to VR diffilculty. You haven't a clue about the subject so beat it kid.
  • Aldrorius
    Aldrorius
    Soul Shriven
    Had to searh a bit but found Zos answer on one of the german posts (translated by google translator ;p )

    Hallo zusammen,
    Die Regler für die Veteraneninhalte wurden etwas zu hoch eingestellt. Wir werden das zurücknehmen.

    Hi there,
    The controls for the veterans contents were slightly too high. We will take it back.

    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/879810#Comment_879810
    Edited by Aldrorius on May 23, 2014 3:40PM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldrorius wrote: »
    Had to searh a bit but found Zos answer on one of the german posts (translated by google translator ;p )

    Hallo zusammen,
    Die Regler für die Veteraneninhalte wurden etwas zu hoch eingestellt. Wir werden das zurücknehmen.

    Hi there,
    The controls for the veterans contents were slightly too high. We will take it back.

    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/879810#Comment_879810

    I don't understand why they can't reply to us in the English section. I've seen countless threads on the General and CS boards about issues after the patch. But no replies from ZoS. They WILL however, reply to and close threads about cancelling subs. Go figure.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Dodece
    Dodece
    ✭✭✭
    I love the use of the term slightly.
  • Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    The secound Answer is even funnier:

    yeah, there will be a Hotfix, but no ETA, but sooner as next Patch.

    Ehm.....yeah.....






    So...... *happy Weekend!*
    Edited by Caduryn on May 23, 2014 3:45PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

    This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

    Thanks for the update.

    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Brockxz
    Brockxz
    ✭✭
    Holy [snip], finally the answer. OK, now i can just go play some alt and will be back to my veteran char after fix.

    Moderator Edit: Removed cursing.
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on May 23, 2014 4:50PM
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    At bloody last.
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, thanks for the information :) I was a tad bit surprised logging in and finding myself having trouble with mobs I had no trouble with a day ago :)

    /Kaz
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

    This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

    Thank you!
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    how embarrassing
    stam scrub
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @schip‌ show me a game you coded on this scale with perfect code that will run flawlessly on every PC around the world regardless of configuration.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

    This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

    Thanks for the update.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this is too little too late for some people. The patch rolled out during the day time and there was PLENTY of time to post this before now. I'm glad there's been an update but the lack of any response or post for 24 hours is what really kills it.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »
    @schip‌ show me a game you coded on this scale with perfect code that will run flawlessly on every PC around the world regardless of configuration.
    you don't need to be a programmer to criticize those who are and can't do their job
    stam scrub
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

    This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

    Thank you so much. This is all we wanted
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »
    schip wrote: »
    Niliu wrote: »
    @schip‌ show me a game you coded on this scale with perfect code that will run flawlessly on every PC around the world regardless of configuration.
    you don't need to be a programmer to criticize those who are and can't do their job

    Yes you do. I can't criticize a brain surgeon for his work because I'm not one.

    I won't criticize art because I can barely draw a stick figure.

    If you can't do something yourself, what gives you the right to criticize the work of someone who is? You don't know how hard it is.

    That is an absurd premise for any argument. By that logic you could basically never criticize anything. You can't criticize a car if you've never built one? How about a silly apartment layout, must you be a contractor?

    Can I criticize how *** bud light tastes considering I'm not a brewer?
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »
    I can't criticize a brain surgeon for his work because I'm not one.

    I won't criticize art because I can barely draw a stick figure.

    If you can't do something yourself, what gives you the right to criticize the work of someone who is? You don't know how hard it is.

    Uhh, people get critcised all the time by others who can't do their job.

    Art collectors criticise the work of artists but they can't draw themselves, they just pay money for the work (or don't pay money, if the work is crap).

    Brain surgeons who fail to do their job properly and kill their patients will be not only criticised by people who can't do the same job as them, they will be fired and barred from practising ever again.

    Your post is simplistic, and shows a complete lack of understanding about how this world works.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »
    schip wrote: »
    Niliu wrote: »
    @schip‌ show me a game you coded on this scale with perfect code that will run flawlessly on every PC around the world regardless of configuration.
    you don't need to be a programmer to criticize those who are and can't do their job

    Yes you do. I can't criticize a brain surgeon for his work because I'm not one.

    I won't criticize art because I can barely draw a stick figure.

    If you can't do something yourself, what gives you the right to criticize the work of someone who is? You don't know how hard it is.
    if a brain surgeon cuts your brain in half you can damn well criticize him

    dunno why you want a world where people can just run their profession the way they want without thinking about their customers. tell them you won't put up with it, tell them to get their *** straight. critique is important
    stam scrub
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    Niliu wrote: »
    I can't criticize a brain surgeon for his work because I'm not one.

    I won't criticize art because I can barely draw a stick figure.

    If you can't do something yourself, what gives you the right to criticize the work of someone who is? You don't know how hard it is.

    Uhh, people get critcised all the time by others who can't do their job.

    Art collectors criticise the work of artists but they can't draw themselves, they just pay money for the work (or don't pay money, if the work is crap).

    Brain surgeons who fail to do their job properly and kill their patients will be not only criticised by people who can't do the same job as them, they will be fired and barred from practising ever again.

    Your post is simplistic, and shows a complete lack of understanding about how this world works.

    If it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat... it's probably a rat.

    But hey, this patch sure fixed everything didn't it!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.