Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was VR difficulty increase intended?

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least they are fixing this, now they need to fix the memory leak, because I don't feel like hitting the power button in order to close the game after an hour and a half session....
  • KerisDoin
    KerisDoin
    babylon wrote: »
    What part of "it shouldn't be released in the first place" goes over your head.

Start thinking, don't just hope one day that you would think.

Oh believe me, i am thinking. Im thinking enough to see that rageing/whining/complaining/swearing wont solve any of the problems there are with the patch.
    How do you know those problems where there on the PTS? How do you know if they tested it or not?

I think you should go get some fresh air, maybe you can think more clearly then and see that your rage isnt helping the case and you just risk your own health with it, raging and being mad is pretty unhealthy.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not raging KerisDoin, you seem to be raging however.
  • ZOS_JanS
    ZOS_JanS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

We understand that discussions can get heated, but it's never acceptable to insult or flame other community members. Please keep your discussions civil and constructive as we would like to keep this thread open.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • zg420.zg_ESO
    SO you people at ZOS will respond to all the *** but you wont respond to how you are going to fix these issues!!! get your priorities straight!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO you people at ZOS will respond to all the *** but you wont respond to how you are going to fix these issues!!! get your priorities straight!

They've already said they are working on a fix and will have it out within 24 hours hopefully.

In the meantime, I'm going to go spend time with my SO and watch Godzilla and have a couple of drinks rather than raging on a forum board.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • KerisDoin
    KerisDoin
    The point is they're not doing their jobs, they're failing to do a good job, or maybe they're doing a truly terrible job.
    I'm not raging KerisDoin, you seem to be raging however.

Telling something he isnt doing his job, not doing a good job or doing a truely terrible job does look like you, even if not raging, then atleast are mad about it. Even if you arent mad, it still as a personal insult which pretty much equals swearing.
    Why does it matter to you how they are fixing it aslong as they do fix it? Do you know enough about programming and the ESO server files to make a personal use of the knowledge?
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerisDoin wrote: »
    Telling something he isnt doing his job, not doing a good job or doing a truely terrible job does look like you, even if not raging, then atleast are mad about it. Even if you arent mad, it still as a personal insult which pretty much equals swearing.

Noticing when a job is poorly done is not being mad - it's showing you have standards and expect the same of others, especially when you're paying for the product or service in question. And it does not "equal swearing"...that was possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread yet btw. End of discussion, there's nothing you can add that isn't missing the point, or projecting, here.
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

Thanks, and good to know that.

I am a hardcore gamer, i like hard and challenging games, but thers a thin line that separates a challenging battle from a frustating battle. Right now battles bacame frustating especially if thers a healer in the mobs. Yes healers are the new world bosses, they insta heal thenselfs to full health before u have time to interrupte them, they heal any other mob as fast too.

I managed to kill one healer that was alone, but got my arse kicked when one 1 healer + another mob.

Anyway glad to know the dificulty is going to back to the normal soon. I like most of the changes in the new patch. But the very high hard mode on vr zones was turning me down from keeping on questing.
  • doedellerib16_ESO
    doedellerib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's truly amazing that this kind of huge, gamebreaking bug can go live in the first place ...
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    @Patchgrabber‌ Thanks... I'm terrible at getting what I mean out of my head, you said it for me :)
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to pop my head in and say thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for keeping us updated and to Zenimax for the quick turn around for this bug. (Although I think support will take more heat for the loading screen bug).
  • Arwyn
    Arwyn
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate its going to be fixed and will be done before I get to really experience the problem. I would like to know that the cause of the problem has been nailed down and a process in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. Assurances like these go a long way with some people.

24 hour fix is certainly better than a quoted 2 week fix for one of the other bugs. Although less game breaking that one is more annoying as it was reported on the PTS.
  • Jopoder
    Jopoder
    With all of it's disadvantages ESo is still a lot better than WHO at start (and, to be honest, in any state).
    Same mistake tho. Most of the community told that PvP balance was completely broken (and i agree with them) and the only responce in like 6 month from the dev was "we got a perfect balance in WHO". I unsubed shortly after this aswell as most of the playerbase.
    IMO all top class mmo-production companies got to listen to their players sometimes. Especially pay attention to their tickets at test servers. I just cant get this - they got people among playerbase that can test their product FOR FREE and ignoring all their efforts - doesnt look very smart to me. Probably, it is more profitable for modern gaming companies to release a game and close it or lead to a dead state shortly after launch - atleast looks like that for ESO and a lot of other mmos. While sub price isnt low at all here. Maybe they are too greedy and hire cheapest programmers for developing game after release that work over internet from other countries?

Didnt try VR content yet and i think i will not untill it is fixed. It was quite moderate for me prepatch.

Dont get me wrong im not raging at anyone here. Actually im a fan of single player games these companies made - Fallout New Vegas is still my favourite.
    Edited by Jopoder on May 23, 2014 6:19PM
  • Wavemoore
    Wavemoore
    ✭✭
    I originally opened this thread to try and get some kind of response to the VR difficulty changes. We finally got that answer.

Since then it's degraded into a flame war.

Suggestion to the mods at this point is to graciously close this post. Thanks for those who actually contributed to the original topic.

• methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

We understand that discussions can get heated, but it's never acceptable to insult or flame other community members. Please keep your discussions civil and constructive as we would like to keep this thread open.

You folks made this mess, not us. I'd much rather be in the game, but mobs are currently wasting my character and you know... fatal memory leaks and all I really can't.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's getting toned back down but I could honestly live with it for another week if the memory leak was fixed...
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wavemoore wrote: »
    I originally opened this thread to try and get some kind of response to the VR difficulty changes. We finally got that answer.

Since then it's degraded into a flame war.

Suggestion to the mods at this point is to graciously close this post. Thanks for those who actually contributed to the original topic.

It's funny how people complain about not getting an answer... For like half a day... Then they do get an answer and still have nothing good to say lol.
  • justjon1007
    justjon1007
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

Thank you and hope to see this patch when I get home from work tonight, if not a long marathon of all my Lord of the Rings movies is in order :)
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    The thread should have been closed when they identified a problem and will be providing a fix. Right now this is just a medium for people to fly off the handle.

Oh too common response to any mmo patches/release/whatever.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • ScribeOfSalmacis
    Haha, and here I was thinking that this is one reasonable jump in difficulty between VR9 and VR10. :smiley:
  • ScribeOfSalmacis
    methjester wrote: »
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »
    Greetings everyone!

You folks made this mess, not us. I'd much rather be in the game, but mobs are currently wasting my character and you know... fatal memory leaks and all I really can't.

Regardless of who made what mess, I agree that "it's never acceptable to insult or flame other community members" and " keep your discussions civil and constructive."
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    I'm glad it's getting toned back down but I could honestly live with it for another week if the memory leak was fixed...
    The memory leak should be priority number one....I cant play the game without it going black screen and having to shut down my pc with the power button causing all sorts of problems when I boot up again.

• Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    Niliu wrote: »

Yes you do. I can't criticize a brain surgeon for his work because I'm not one.

You can criticize him if he keeps killing people during surgery
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the game will be fun for one more day I guess. I wish we could have more difficult solo experiences like this :( I know a lot of people cant do it but maybe have a setting because i've been having a blast
  • Gedwyn
    Gedwyn
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys,

Just a little advice: after rolling out the patch or hot fix for this, you may, perhaps, want to do a little regression testing and actually check the mobs in question to see if they've been fixed.

Friendly advice from a software development PM ;)
    ~ Ged | Lords of the Dead | Daggerfall Covenant
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just letting you know this has been hotfixed, and the difficulty of the VR content has been reverted back to how it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thanks for your patience!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ezrea
    ezrea
    Soul Shriven
    I am not VR yet, but one of my buddies is, I know he will be happy to hear this. Thanks ZoS for noting the issue and working on a fix so quickly!
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ]
    Hi all, just letting you know this has been hotfixed, and the difficulty of the VR content has been reverted back to how it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thanks for your patience!

Gina, could you specify if the XP tune was reverted back as well? Or does it only affects VP/damage?
  • Zenzu
    Zenzu
    ✭✭
    Still not working yet. I'm getting 1 hit KO'd from mobs in the world at my level. Tested 1 minute ago.

Skeleton uppercut for 1951. I have 1272 armor, 2000 spell resistance.

Wasn't blocking, have 2 heavy/5 light with shield, with some resistance rings and 280 critical resistance (from impenetrable on 4 pieces).

I had 1923 hp with no food running. Doesn't seem like your fix was so hot after all.

Perhaps it would be merciful to do a complete roll back. Do some more testing and fixes. Rerelease with hopefully tolerable results.
    Edited by Zenzu on May 24, 2014 5:30AM