The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Was VR difficulty increase intended?

• Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to sound elitist Boris, but until you have experienced the VR changes I don't feel you have the background to comment upon them. They are really quite atrocious.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    boris3445 wrote: »
    Chrysolis wrote: »
    It's not stupid. This is a forum for customer support, not bragging about how great you are at ESO or picking apart people for valid complaints. You can empirically see that you would be part of the vast minority that likes these changes.

If your refering to me, sorry for looking like I'm bragging (I'm only lvl 17 ATM) lol,
    I'm not sure if I "like" these changes, I'm just trying to get people to at least be able to understand stuff ok. Im one of those people who thinks differently and once again, we "home sapiens" are aggressive to whoever isn't with the "group"
    So please just understand that I'm only just trying to help the TESO adminerstraters and etc.

Your neutral friend, Ripjaw Striker

Level 17. So you have no idea what you are talking about and just blindly defending the developers. This affects VR areas. Not sub VR
    Edited by born2beagator on May 23, 2014 5:03AM
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Symmachus wrote: »
    Am I the only person supporting TESO developers......?
    It's not like they're your mom, invited you for dinner and burned the veil a little.. The developers were hired by their fanbase (us) as entertainers. They're not doing their job to any reasonable definition of quality.

What happens to an employee that doesn't/can't do his job? Right, they get fired. There are plenty of other entertainment companies out there willing to provide quality entertainment that don't need all this charity/sympathy/patience... Many of them with a much more reasonable price point.

Yes u have a point, its a khasiit eat khasiit world out there (If that's how u spell there name) but member this, this game was under development BEFORE ESV released. Like I said, good point. But that still doesn't mean you can't try to be at least grateful of this change ok

Day dreaming, Ripjaw Striker
    Your reptilian friend, Ripjaw Striker
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes...lol
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Rip, if your only lvl 17 you have no idea what the issue is here. While I agree that bashing the workers on a personal basis is not the answer, the entire situation is FUBAR now.
    A little venting and them seeing that the customer base is not amused is actually for the best.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not like they're your mom, invited you for dinner and burned the veil a little.. The developers were hired by their fanbase (us) as entertainers. They're not doing their job to any reasonable definition of quality.

What happens to an employee that doesn't/can't do his job? Right, they get fired. There are plenty of other entertainment companies out there willing to provide quality entertainment that don't need all this charity/sympathy/patience... Many of them with a much more reasonable price point.

Yes u have a point, its a khasiit eat khasiit world out there (If that's how u spell there name) but member this, this game was under development BEFORE ESV released. Like I said, good point. But that still doesn't mean you can't try to be at least grateful of this change ok

Grateful for the change that makes VR areas unplayable? This coming from a level 17 player who has never even been to a VR area.
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Yeah something changed and enemies I was beating with effort last night are a lot harder to the point of being unbeatable.

Sometimes single enemies are basically one-shotting me. I can barely survive against 2-3 weak overworld enemies. Completing a difficult quest combat encounter is no longer a challenge solo - it's now impossible.

Progress is pretty much completely halted at VR7 (almost VR8 and in Rivenspire). Vet ranks are no longer fun and challenging, they've become aggravating with the flip of a switch.

Why not level up with the weaker enemy or group up? The point is that, once you get to v10 or whatever, it will feel more rewarding right? U still have newbs to pwn (like me) in Alliance war *Wink*

Questioning, Ripjaw Striker
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boris... Just gtfo. You've already given yourself a bad rep on these forums. Btw, you come off as one of those annoying 15 year old CoD players.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    If you haven't even got there why are you telling people to deal with it? Are you even in the VR areas?

Read up hater....

Ripjaw Striker

[Moderation: Removed Content for Demands and Threats]
    Edited by ZOS_CarolusS on May 23, 2014 6:58AM
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    You really should just stop talking when you haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about. VR mobs were already difficult. After this patch, they are SO difficult that you have to group to take them down. This isn't a dungeon, its just random mobs in the overworld.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭

Grateful for the change that makes VR areas unplayable? This coming from a level 17 player who has never even been to a VR area.

In a way I support you. Finally all the 'Learn to play' crowd get a taste of their own medicine.
    Sadly enough..the change is felt across the game. The Nerf also affects below VR1 game-play.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't even got there why are you telling people to deal with it? Are you even in the VR areas?

Read up hater....

Ripjaw Striker
    read up on what? you said you are level 17. You are talking like you know what is going on in VR areas.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 23, 2014 12:02PM
  • Dodece
    Dodece
    ✭✭✭
    @Wavemoore‌

You are quite obviously not alone in your predicament, and I wouldn't place too much stock in those that claimed the game was too easy prior to this patch. It is less to do with their innate skill, and more to do with the broken skills system in this game. Some abilities are ridiculously over powered, and most of them are not.

Ideally every build, and every skill should be roughly on par with any other, but that simply isn't the case. Setting aside context sensitive instances. Where this or that attack would work best given a certain situation. The reality is most of the people who claim the game is too easy are just spamming inexpensive area attacks for maximum effect.

The reality is it doesn't take a great deal of skill to drop a potion, put on just the right gear. Wade into a mob, and hit the same key five times in a row. By the way I have convinced a couple such players to try to play without abusing those mechanics, and the result is always the same. They die a few times, curse in the voice chat, and return to their previous spam fests.

It really is a testament as to how broken this game has been for so long. That it doesn't occur to people that there should be multiple ways to deal with fights.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the reported damage being delt by VR mobs. Thats not something you can handle by changing tactics
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Boris... Just gtfo. You've already given yourself a bad rep on these forums. Btw, you come off as one of those annoying 15 year old CoD players.

Lol, not to be smart Alex but aren't COD player always like "U ***, GTFO u piece of *** crap. U have no life so dig yourself a fu***** hole and die in it!"?

So far, it would be you guys really. I started off by explaining how it might be best to cope with it and etch, but its u guys who are trying to neglect with it. Ok. And your most likely going to say how I'm wrong and etc, be my guest, I just want the TESO administrators have less things to worry about. Alright?

Sincerely, Ripjaw Striker
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, your really kind of out of touch here Rip. In the Vet areas you cant just 'level up' and go back a little stronger like you can in the lower end ones. For example, once you break V3 you begin to need in the millions, that's MILLIONS of VP to advance. Its exactly 1382000 to go from V3 to V4. The VP have been increased, but from 42 to 106 in some cases requires a whole lot of killing.
    Plus you don't improve in the V areas, you don't get Stat points to add. Your skill lines yes, but no stat ones.
    So now your faced with mobs that are striking in the 1k+ area and now have been upped with there own HP also.
    So you take 3 mobs with an average of 3K hp who are hitting you and pulling down 1k on you, and your sitting at 2k you don't last long.
    Its not about grouping up, again, we in the V areas are real good at helping out each other, I have seen a lot more helping and such here than in all the areas leading to the vet ones..
    Its about the fact that now, something that was a real challenge is now beyond challenge level. Plus the V zones are not full, so finding someone to run with is not as simple as yelling out that you need help somewhere.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭

wtf. So you are just blindly defending the devs? We shouldn't hold them accountable for mistakes they make in a game we PAY to play?
    Edited by born2beagator on May 23, 2014 5:15AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were so many replies to topics of things being hard people saying it's not hard if something it's easy. Well think ZOS listened to those and made things even harder. Now what I find funny is more people facing the fustration and not having fun feeling, maybe they will understand better the feelings of the people found content too hard had.

Yet still there are people that welcome this change and say yes it seems bit harder but still I can handle 3 mobs easy. It just tells that there are people in so many different setups and skill levels that it will be impossible to balance things so that at least most will be happy.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want the TESO administrators have less things to worry about. Alright?

Except this is something they should be worried about. Because we are about to be done with this game as it is no longer fun to play.

Please go away.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Reenlister wrote: »
    yeah, your really kind of out of touch here Rip. In the Vet areas you cant just 'level up' and go back a little stronger like you can in the lower end ones. For example, once you break V3 you begin to need in the millions, that's MILLIONS of VP to advance. Its exactly 1382000 to go from V3 to V4. The VP have been increased, but from 42 to 106 in some cases requires a whole lot of killing.
    Plus you don't improve in the V areas, you don't get Stat points to add. Your skill lines yes, but no stat ones.
    So now your faced with mobs that are striking in the 1k+ area and now have been upped with there own HP also.
    So you take 3 mobs with an average of 3K hp who are hitting you and pulling down 1k on you, and your sitting at 2k you don't last long.
    Its not about grouping up, again, we in the V areas are real good at helping out each other, I have seen a lot more helping and such here than in all the areas leading to the vet ones..
    Its about the fact that now, something that was a real challenge is now beyond challenge level. Plus the V zones are not full, so finding someone to run with is not as simple as yelling out that you need help somewhere.

Thank u for patiently explaing rather than trying to argue, this shows a more clearer reason. May the 3 gods provide you help

Thanking, Ripjaw Striker
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen one (thats you, not counting the level 17 boris) welcome this change
    Edited by born2beagator on May 23, 2014 5:18AM
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    [Moderation: Content removed for Spam]
    Edited by ZOS_CarolusS on May 23, 2014 7:06AM
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reenlister wrote: »

Thank u for patiently explaing rather than trying to argue, this shows a more clearer reason. May the 3 gods provide you help

Thanking, Ripjaw Striker
    Good lord. It really took all that to get this across to you?
  • caldrisrwb17_ESO2
    caldrisrwb17_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    Just a quick question or two....

How long ago did this particular patch finish up on the PTS?

Were any of the community in for that test, and were the VR mobs at the same level they are in the live patch?
  • boris3445
    boris3445

Read up hater....

Ripjaw Striker
    read up on what? you said you are level 17. You are talking like you know what is going on in VR areas.

*facepalm* are you 10? You ask if i even been there XD if u knew the answer, don't ask or your making yourself stupid XD

ROFL, Ripjaw Striker
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 23, 2014 12:02PM
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    I just want the TESO administrators have less things to worry about. Alright?

Except this is something they should be worried about. Because we are about to be done with this game as it is no longer fun to play.

Please go away.

Please come closer :3
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore the obvious troll, let's see if Zenimax comment when US office opens tomorrow.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭

Read up hater....

Ripjaw Striker

*facepalm* are you 10? You ask if i even been there XD if u knew the answer, don't ask or your making yourself stupid XD

ROFL, Ripjaw Striker
    Um....I asked originally because I didn't know. You said you are level 17, so now I know. (As indicated in the post you quoted)

Check the times the posts were posted. The post you are using to do your internet tough guy act here was before you stated your level.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 23, 2014 12:03PM
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Syntse wrote: »
    There were so many replies to topics of things being hard people saying it's not hard if something it's easy. Well think ZOS listened to those and made things even harder. Now what I find funny is more people facing the fustration and not having fun feeling, maybe they will understand better the feelings of the people found content too hard had.

Yet still there are people that welcome this change and say yes it seems bit harder but still I can handle 3 mobs easy. It just tells that there are people in so many different setups and skill levels that it will be impossible to balance things so that at least most will be happy.

THIS IS WHST I MEAN, THANK THE 3 DIVINE GODS FOR U!!!!

Doing a jig, Ripjaw Striker
  • boris3445
    boris3445

Read up hater....

Ripjaw Striker

ROFL, Ripjaw Striker
    Um....I asked originally because I didn't know. You said you are level 17, so now I know. (As indicated in the post you quoted)

Its ok, I'm stupid at moments (not implying your stupid) :3
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 23, 2014 12:03PM