The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Was VR difficulty increase intended?

Wavemoore
Wavemoore
✭✭
Just need a yes or no answer from team Zenimax please. No complaining here, but I need to know an answer. If it was intended, then it's above my skill level and I need to move on. If it was a mistake, I'll patiently play an alt until "resolved". I'm at the end of VR5 zone stuck on the last quest chain zone boss, btw.

Either way, just want to know a direction here so I can make some subscription decisions. Don't read that the wrong way, that's not a nerd rage quit thing. You just have to know your limitations, and I'm not at that level of gameplay skill unfortunately.

No need to jump in if you find it easy and tell me how bad I am. I understand many out there are much more skillful than myself ;)
  • Fesuth
    Fesuth
    ✭✭
    Things are way harder now. I'm not enjoying it.
    Options
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    Few people are finding it easy. Few are finding it fun. I feel like it is an error. I hope it is an error. Otherwise I will find something else to do. I dont mind paying multiple subs for a few different games, but a sub for a game that is tediously unfun, ain't worth it.
    Options
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not even commenting on it. It's so horrible now it's unplayable unless you're in a group. If I want a group I go pvp or do dungeons. Questing I prefer to do alone, but that option is gone atm. GG again ZEN. It's like you want this game to fail fast. If that's the case, you're doing a great job!
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was clearly not intended.... it would have been mentioned. Question is how long until they fix it.
    Options
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    Wavemoore wrote: »
    Just need a yes or no answer from team Zenimax please. No complaining here, but I need to know an answer. If it was intended, then it's above my skill level and I need to move on. If it was a mistake, I'll patiently play an alt until "resolved". I'm at the end of VR5 zone stuck on the last quest chain zone boss, btw.

Either way, just want to know a direction here so I can make some subscription decisions. Don't read that the wrong way, that's not a nerd rage quit thing. You just have to know your limitations, and I'm not at that level of gameplay skill unfortunately.

No need to jump in if you find it easy and tell me how bad I am. I understand many out there are much more skillful than myself ;)

Thanks for a cool-headed post about this issue; I'm about in the same boat. I actually can fight regular mobs and win using my full arsenal of skills - but I just don't want to. It seems to violate the first rule of a game (it should be fun). This sort of engagement should be reserved for boss or quest mobs, not every pest you happen upon. Most people that talk about how easy the fights are really just wanting a pat on the back, I think.

I too have unsubscribed - not out of rage or to make a political statement - but simply because the game no longer falls under the criteria of one I would enjoy playing. I think perhaps the most disappointing thing is that I felt like the level of challenge prior to the patch was at a perfect equilibrium.
    Edited by Chrysolis on May 23, 2014 3:36AM
    Options
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting.

The first thing I did after the patch was head to Crimson Cove (group dungeon that they made harder). It was definitely harder, but I was able to still solo the group mobs using a different strategy along with consuming a spell power potion with each encounter. Certainly no longer an Impulse face roll. Log off for dinner and then log back in to work on some quests.

I can't even fight 2 mobs out in the open without getting destroyed. Sometimes the mob I have Rune Caged breaks loose well before the time goes off. Going up against 2 casters is a joke. I got hit with 1500+ several times. Like I said in another post, this just flat isn't fun at all.

Right now the safest place in Malabal Tor is the public dungeon.

I just don't see how this isn't a mistake.

Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like every mob VR5 or higher was scaled to Craglorn group content difficulty. It has to be a mistake. But there better be an official statement about it soon, because people are already grabbing torches and pitchforks
    Options
  • Symmachus
    Symmachus
    It was clearly not intended.... it would have been mentioned. Question is how long until they fix it.

I'm not waiting around to find out.. I'm done with Zeni and their little cash grab..
    I'm cancelling 3 subs this evening; my own, my wifes, and our oldest sons. None of us are happy with the rate/quality of bugfixes, the busted economy, the punishing of reputable players (motif/recipe drop rate nerfs..) and the rewarding of exploiters with gold (inflated value of exploited/farmed/duped goods) and emperor perks (endlessly repeatable PVP quests early on, known but unpatched exploitable game mechanics)... This game is a failure. The PvE is a failure, the PvP is a failure. The grouping system, the auction system, the economy, the Game-master presence, the payment system.. It's all an amateurish mess with a premium price tag.. This latest "patch" was the last failure I was willing to tolerate from Zenimax Online Studios.

Cya!
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Chrysolis wrote: »

Thanks for a cool-headed post about this issue; I'm about in the same boat. I actually can fight regular mobs and win using my full arsenal of skills - but I just don't want to. It seems to violate the first rule of a game (it should be fun). This sort of engagement should be reserved for boss or quest mobs, not every pest you happen upon. Most people that talk about how easy the fights are really just wanting a pat on the back, I think.

I too have unsubscribed - not out of rage or to make a political statement - but simply because the game no longer falls under the criteria of one I would enjoy playing. I think perhaps the most disappointing thing is that I felt like the level of challenge prior to the patch was at a perfect equilibrium.

I beleive they added it due to the amount of people complaining that they made it to the end and its to easy now. I would give people who makes games a break, they hear constant nagging about what's right and wrong. I'm not trying to be mean in a way but by human nature, we try to find what's bad than what's good. Think of this as a way to get a challenge....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Your scaly friend, Ripjaw Striker
    Your reptilian friend, Ripjaw Striker
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Alphashado wrote: »
    Sounds like every mob VR5 or higher was scaled to Craglorn group content difficulty. It has to be a mistake. But there better be an official statement about it soon, because people are already grabbing torches and pitchforks

*facepalm* man u gamers (not u) are so damn needy... if I find something, try coping with it, not u again. So, u wanna grab some buckets and bows? Its about to be WWIII.....

Sincerely, Ripjaw Striker

Options
  • coreserv
    coreserv

Why mess with something when its not broken? The quests were already challenging enough, why make them impossible to solo and enjoy? I dont mean Hack and stand (I couldnt do that before) But now? It's no fun, why? as in the bold statement above I too felt it was at an equilibrium, it did not need messed with. I actually thought this patch was going to Increase my fun factor, quiet the opposite has happened, some official response for clarification is quickly, and vastly needed.
    >:) Ceridian- High Elf - Sorcerer
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only VR1 and haven't even completed the main quest yet. I'd heard about how hard VR content was and was ready for it but still a bit leery. Now seeing all this??? Lets just say I'm starting to join the "discontented" group.

Not to mention this patch broke a major quest in coldharbour.
    Options
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    I'm also finding it much harder for some reason. I feel like they are forcing us to group up and not solo. I'm not a fan of that.
    Options
  • Archie
    Archie
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like I will have to level my little Templar until this is fixed.

There is a fine line between a fun challenge and a frustrating one. And devs here have not really been that sensitive about finding that line.
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    I'm only VR1 and haven't even completed the main quest yet. I'd heard about how hard VR content was and was ready for it but still a bit leery. Now seeing all this??? Lets just say I'm starting to join the "discontented" group.

Not to mention this patch broke a major quest in coldharbour.

When u get upset, just think of a pony guar vs a chicken.... also, don't get mad, the creators are doing there best. Please just do it with friends or something for me and the creators?

Hoping, your friend, Ripjaw Striker
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bflaker wrote: »
    I'm also finding it much harder for some reason. I feel like they are forcing us to group up and not solo. I'm not a fan of that.
    Neither am I. I have no desire to keep playing and do VR content after the main quest if what you guys have been saying about the difficulty is true. leave grouping to dungeons, craglorn, and pvp. DO NOT force it on us in the overworld.
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Bflaker wrote: »
    Neither am I. I have no desire to keep playing and do VR content after the main quest if what you guys have been saying about the difficulty is true. leave grouping to dungeons, craglorn, and pvp. DO NOT force it on us in the overworld.

But what about, the more the merrier? If its solo hard (assuming your not on max) try solo in alliance war? Lola, just try to deal with thing k, it can actually be interesting to group up, trust me.

Your scaly friend, Ripjaw Striker
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    Am I the only person supporting TESO developers......?
    Options
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    boris3445 wrote: »

Technically, everyone who bought the game, and is paying a sub now, is also supporting them. Oh, you mean you are content with these changes currently. . . yes, yes you are.
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭

Take a look around. You are the only one happy with the increase in difficulty. Telling people to deal with it is just a good way to get yourself ignored.
    Options
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so after I was able to sustain in game finally, I ventured back out, ready to take on a SOLO quest, and no Ripjaw, I don't need to hear about teaming up, its a SOLO quest.. I have already worked on grouping some since the patch, and while that was beneficial, it is not what I am after all the time.
    So I took on a group of 3, not usually so hard for me. Dead. Ok, so try a different approach, no big deal. Dead. Ok, kill the archer first for sure, then if I die, come back and only have two to deal with. Dead.
    Yeah, so with all the other issues now coming out, and now the sudden death syndrome, I am not a happy gamer either.
    Challenge I love, the fights were fun before, now the knowledge of sure death when out in PvE and fighting more than 2, no way.
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445

Take a look around. You are the only one happy with the increase in difficulty. Telling people to deal with it is just a good way to get yourself ignored.

How would you like someone nagging about something utterly stupid all day? These guys work there *** off with only more complaints. Being a creater of a RPG bestselling game ain't easy, I'm just trying to help them. Which of course I should have known there would be someone to just pop in and try to make a statement against someone who is helping.

Your bloodthirsty enemy, Ripjaw Striker
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to hear about "the more the merrier" leave forced grouping to dungeons. Not simple overworld pve quests.

I sincerely hope this is a bug and not a stealth buff
    Options
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    It's not stupid. This is a forum for customer support, not bragging about how great you are at ESO or picking apart people for valid complaints. You can empirically see that you would be part of the vast minority that likes these changes.
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    And plus, I haven't gotten to the increased difficulty unless it apply to everything. Think of it this way, when u succeed, the succession will feel more rewarding.

Your bloodthirsty enemy, Ripjaw Striker
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't even got there why are you telling people to deal with it? Are you even in the VR areas?
    Edited by born2beagator on May 23, 2014 4:54AM
    Options
  • Symmachus
    Symmachus
    It's not like they're your mom, invited you for dinner and burned the veil a little.. The developers were hired by their fanbase (us) as entertainers. They're not doing their job to any reasonable definition of quality.

What happens to an employee that doesn't/can't do his job? Right, they get fired. There are plenty of other entertainment companies out there willing to provide quality entertainment that don't need all this charity/sympathy/patience... Many of them with a much more reasonable price point.
    Options
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    exactly. We are PAYING to play this game. I believe that entitles us to much better support than this, and better competency when it comes to changes to the game.
    Options
  • boris3445
    boris3445
    It's not stupid. This is a forum for customer support, not bragging about how great you are at ESO or picking apart people for valid complaints. You can empirically see that you would be part of the vast minority that likes these changes.

If your refering to me, sorry for looking like I'm bragging (I'm only lvl 17 ATM) lol,
    I'm not sure if I "like" these changes, I'm just trying to get people to at least be able to understand stuff ok. Im one of those people who thinks differently and once again, we "home sapiens" are aggressive to whoever isn't with the "group"
    So please just understand that I'm only just trying to help the TESO adminerstraters and etc.

Your neutral friend, Ripjaw Striker
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah something changed and enemies I was beating with effort last night are a lot harder to the point of being unbeatable.

Sometimes single enemies are basically one-shotting me. I can barely survive against 2-3 weak overworld enemies. Completing a difficult quest combat encounter is no longer a challenge solo - it's now impossible.

Progress is pretty much completely halted at VR7 (almost VR8 and in Rivenspire). Vet ranks are no longer fun and challenging, they've become aggravating with the flip of a switch.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options