Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dragonknights are the only real unbalanced class.

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    This whole time you thought I meant spamming as in overwriting/reapplying and not waiting 4 seconds?! Seriously?
    You mean the definition of "spamming?"

Options
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    You run up to the pack, pop Talons. Spam Impulse. Wait 4 seconds, reapply Talons. Repeat. If it takes more than 3-4 Talons you're doing it wrong. If you're feeling adventurous you don't even have to use Impulse. I know that skill takes a bit of work to get(unlike Talons!) so you might have to kite between reapplications. I know! Moving in a fight. Come on! What are we? A Nightblade?

You only have to spam Talons 7+ times if you're killing a boss. The 4 seconds between casts should be enough to regen what's needed. You should even have enough to pop a Dragon Blood or two if you lag or something.

My heart does go out to the DKs who don't use Talons though. So sad. Seeing them in full heavy, blowing flames, and popping heals like Pez. And...dying like they weren't the most OP class in the game. Gives the rest of us a bad name and it needs to stop.
    Lol, not sure if troll or just ignorant to the truth. Any dk not using light armor might be able to spam Dark Talons 4 times if they put a medium amount of points into magicka, and that is if they don't use any other magicka skill. The fact that using the whole Draconic skill line I can kill only slightly better than using the full two-handed skill line says something. Then again I have more Stamina than Magicka to help with my Werewolf. The fact I can generate more Ultimate using the Two-handed skill line is rather funny to.

I guess my point is people haven't completely explored all skill lines and how things work. I will admit Dragon's Blood is a really nice heal, but it is very dependent on how much health you have lost on how much it gives back. The health regen from it is kind of nice, but if using heavy armor it is easy to already have max health regen.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you're a troll. Thanks.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious you're the only troll in this thread. You constantly post vitriol and have an unhealthy vendetta against DKs.
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious you're the only troll in this thread. You constantly post vitriol and have an unhealthy vendetta against DKs.

And you're the Wayne LaPierre for DK's and Shield Bash spammers.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    What vitriol? I play DK. I'm just honest that they're OP. You're so invested in them you see it as vitriol. Sad really.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What vitriol? I play DK. I'm just honest that they're OP. You're so invested in them you see it as vitriol. Sad really.
    I don't play a DK anymore and I'm just honest that they're not OP. You're so invested in nerfing them that you don't see your own vitriol as vitriol. Sad, really.
    Edited by Maverick827 on May 16, 2014 3:57AM
    Options
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭

If you notice he has been avoiding posts that might prove DKs are not as OP as he thinks they are. In any MMO that has a really tankie class that can also be specced to do decent damage people complain they are OP. I mean ok I can understand the Inhale nerf that skill was pretty OP in large packs, but that skill isn't even listed here.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bulletin board. Everything I post is available to you. Quote some of this vitriol.

You don't play it any more? Let me guess. You PvP'ed, grinded, and glitched veteran dungeons to VR10 and got bored and are waiting for Craglorn? Are there any prizes?
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I got VR1, saw all of the whining about DKs, saw how easily Zenimax caves to whiners and nerfs things without understanding the true source of the issue, and realized that DKs were going to get nerfed into uselessness. So I re-rolled.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    These core mechanics need to be reigned in, once they are Talons will not be quite the "Boogy Man" every one presumes it to be.

Sorry, I missed your post. Don't want you to think I ignored it.

Look, you might be right. I don't know the inner workings of the game well enough and Zenimax isn't very forthcoming. But even if you are right Talons will still be:

1) crowd control
    2) damage-over-time or debuff
    3) direct damage
    4) synergy
    5) non-ultimate
    6) tier 2
    7) spammable cost

It's unlike any other skill in the game.
    Options
  • ZOS_CarolusS
    ZOS_CarolusS
    ✭✭✭
    We are closing this thread as our request for a constructive discussion were not followed up.
    We'd like to advise all participants to review our Code of Conduct.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.