Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dragonknights are the only real unbalanced class.

• vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you know what "begging the question" means.

Well, I'm sure I do but if anyone else reading was unclear you provided a perfect illustration. Look at you being useful and not even trying!
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Anzer wrote: »
    Ah, that kind of synergy, gotcha. Sure, take that out, it wouldn't detract from the function of the skill in my opinion.
    You don't seem to have signatures turned on, otherwise you might notice that my namesake is a NB tank, so I am well aware of hard CC options. You did miss Sorcerer, though theirs is in a frontal cone.

Sorry, I don't pay attention to signatures. Which sorc skill did I miss? I have one but I've been neglecting it lately so maybe a little rusty.
  • ZOS_CarolusS
    ZOS_CarolusS
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings, Heroes of Cyrodil. We remind you, that it is okay to disagree and debate, but please keep all disagreements civil, constructive and on-topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the discussion.
    If you have any questions, be sure to review the Code of Conduct and our guide on How to be a Community Hero. Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    You keep saying "tier"and I'm pretty sure you're thinking it matters alot more than it actually does. The VR10 Emperor spamming it doesn't really care he unlocked it at level 5...

...just saying...not important nor substantial in any debate on the subject.

No, I conceded that was probably the least significant aspect of talons:
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    Last I checked no one is limiting this discussion to PvP. For PvE end-game, it doesn't really matter when you get it. But it matters a whole lot to the non-DKs who actually have to work at leveling. Anyways, if DKs got this OP skill at tier 5 it'd only be slightly less OP.

It's still a fact you can get talons before reaching level 10 whereas the higher tiers have to wait until level 20-30. Not a huge advantage admittedly.
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evasion as in the medium armor skill. Morphs to Elude for extra Dodge per medium armor piece, or to Shuffle which removes snares per piece of medium armor. If it made the user immune to immobilize and snares for 8 seconds in addition to it's other effects it'd be a fair shake with Immovable, the heavy armor skill.

Yeah, that's the one. It's horrible. Even used in conjunction with Blur it's nowhere near Immovable. I don't know but I tried it. You'd think 20 seconds of stacked dodge/evade would be awesome but boy was I wrong. It could be the lack of immunities I guess. Hard to judge what makes Immovable so good. The buff from Shadow Barrier(which is also huge) is amazing by itself. I don't know. All I see this doing is taking a useless skill and making it situational. An improvement yes but seems like a lot of trouble just to avoid a nerf to talons.
    Nerf Talons all ya want, immobilize spam will still exist and skilled players will continue to use the other sources of it to lock down targets. The damage? Meh, I can often ignore it (Dunmer DK). Reduced damage output? I'm playing defensive till you burn out anyways. The immobilize is the nasty part and it's not exactly the only girl in town that'll give me what I'm looking for.

Better DKs lose the bar space than everyone else.

Try stacking Elude (22% in full medium) with Double Take (30%) and Ember Explosion (40%) (morph of DW sparks). 92% you just give your attackers the middle finger when they try to hit you. By itself it's a sub par skill, adding some situational utility will get it more play.

As for the bar space, I'm actually pretty decent at the game so I haven't used Talons in my builds for awhile. Not needed and I prefer the slot be used for Earthen Heart abilities (bounce between Fossilize and Fragmented Shield). The kind of skills most players are ignoring I use to 4v1 people lol. Nature of the beast...Nerf Talons and they'll find my build eventually, and I assure you if you find Talons broken your going to lose your *** if you run into my build. They target immobilize spam as the problem, provide immunity on Dodge for 7 seconds and buff medium armor Evasion for counter play, my build gets hit as well. I prefer the balance, it's healthy.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Try stacking Elude (22% in full medium) with Double Take (30%) and Ember Explosion (40%) (morph of DW sparks). 92% you just give your attackers the middle finger when they try to hit you. By itself it's a sub par skill, adding some situational utility will get it more play.

For 2 seconds I'd be untouchable :smile: I'm done tinkering with it though. It'll stay a resto-wielding, medium armor, stealth NB for the foreseeable future. It should be able to limp its way to V12.
    As for the bar space, I'm actually pretty decent at the game so I haven't used Talons in my builds for awhile. Not needed and I prefer the slot be used for Earthen Heart abilities (bounce between Fossilize and Fragmented Shield). The kind of skills most players are ignoring I use to 4v1 people lol. Nature of the beast...Nerf Talons and they'll find my build eventually, and I assure you if you find Talons broken your going to lose your *** if you run into my build. They target immobilize spam as the problem, provide immunity on Dodge for 7 seconds and buff medium armor Evasion for counter play, my build gets hit as well. I prefer the balance, it's healthy.

I promise I won't even notice. I lost all interest in PvP after the whole vampire/emperor kerfuffle. And judging by the campaign last time I was collecting shards I'm not the only one.
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    If it is Massive (M), Multiplayer (M), and Online (O) then it is an MMO no matter how you want to split hairs on the nuances.
    thank you very much for an explanation. correct me if I'm wrong, but do you imply that 'MMO' alone describes kind of gameplay (that is except for massive multiplayer and online) game offers? to me at least, The (T), Elder (E), Scrolls (S) carries a much bigger meaning, one that defines the game, while MMO stands for medium.

You are Welcome.

I did use the word Nuance to indicate variances among MMOs. If you are a die hard fan and desire to attribute more meaning to the title then by all means do so. But telling someone this is not an MMO was simply an error as MMO is a catch all term like sedan for cars. They are not all alike, but similar, yet they are all sedans. Creating your own definition is great for you but meaningless to everyone else.
    IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, that kind of synergy, gotcha. Sure, take that out, it wouldn't detract from the function of the skill in my opinion.
    You don't seem to have signatures turned on, otherwise you might notice that my namesake is a NB tank, so I am well aware of hard CC options. You did miss Sorcerer, though theirs is in a frontal cone.

Sorry, I don't pay attention to signatures. Which sorc skill did I miss? I have one but I've been neglecting it lately so maybe a little rusty.

Encase: frontal cone AoE immobilize with either a snare or damage morph. The only major differences (according to your list), is that it doesn't have a synergy & it doesn't do damage on it's first hit.

Now, maybe I'm confused...but solo questing, using a synergy on a skill that you cast, is impossible...right? And that is what you were complaining about, DK's soloing content that other classes can't solo (i.e. killing 10 mobs at once, solo)....so, synergy = nothing.

And the damage on the first hit...really? you are going to complain about a DK having PHYSICAL damage?!?!? Why, their entire damage setup is dealing with fire damage, there is no boost to the physical damage they deal...& the direct physical damage that talons causes is crap anyway. According to tamriel foundry, the physical portion has a spell coefficient of 1.2, compared to the huge DPS skill: destructive touch's 1.3. Yes, the damage from the initial hit of talons is so huge, it does even less damage than a skill that the average player probably doesn't even know does damage....

Which means: encase & talons is the same
    1) crowd control
    Yup, actually encase wins this by lasting for 4.5 seconds instead of talon's 4.
    2) damage-over-time or debuff
    Talons has a DoT morph or damage dealt debuff morph.
    Encase has a damage morph, or a snare morph.
    3) direct damage
    Talons has direct damage of crap.
    Encase has no direct damage...but zero to crap is not a big advantage.
    4) synergy
    Encase has no synergy.
    talons has no synergy when soloing, which is what you are complaining about when you talk about a DK soloing 10+ mobs at once.
    5) non-ultimate
    Both non-ultimates
    6) tier 2
    Both are Tier 2
    7) spammable cost
    Base cost of encase is about..15% or so more, though that is a sorc...who has additional -% spell costs & additional magicka regen

Personally, I like encase better...to me, the longer cc is worth more than a small amount of additional damage. In groups, the synergy on talons is nice...but you are talking about solo, so...

Just an additional point for Dracobains
    But telling someone this is not an MMO was simply an error as MMO is a catch all term like sedan for cars. They are not all alike, but similar, yet they are all sedans. Creating your own definition is great for you but meaningless to everyone else.

No, not all cars are sedans...in the future, I'd recommend you know what you are talking about, before posting things like that...

Just so you can learn about cars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_body_style
    Sedan is one type of car, hatchbacks are another, station wagons another, etc...
    Edited by Talmet on May 15, 2014 5:04AM
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh. OK, let's compare Burning Talons and Shattering Prison. DPS & efficiency numbers from Everlast's spreadsheet.

1) crowd control
    Shattering Prison by 0.5 seconds. Both are AoE but I'll take a radius over a cone any day. Maybe a push but I'll stick with an SP win.

Burning Talons as SP has no DoT. The DoT adds 10.5% additional damage to the DD below. Even throwing in a comparison of the debuffs Talons is better since you're going to reapply.

3) direct damage
    Burning Talons. 215 DPS for BT, 159 for SP.

4) synergy
    Burning Talons as SP has none. I don't care if it's solo or group. I care about AoE spamming which just happens to be the most efficient way to level.

5) non-ultimate
    Push. Both are non-ultimates.

6) tier 2
    Push. Both are tier 2.

7) spammable cost
    Shattering Prison. 0.4 efficiency for SP. 0.65 for BT. But neither of these classes is going to go oom so meaningless really.

Pretty close. Better than any of the other skills I compared it to honestly. But Talons wins rather easily. Hit me back when Sorcs start putting Prison in their AoE rotations.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talmet wrote: »

Encase: frontal cone AoE immobilize with either a snare or damage morph. The only major differences (according to your list), is that it doesn't have a synergy & it doesn't do damage on it's first hit.

Now, maybe I'm confused...but solo questing, using a synergy on a skill that you cast, is impossible...right? And that is what you were complaining about, DK's soloing content that other classes can't solo (i.e. killing 10 mobs at once, solo)....so, synergy = nothing.

And the damage on the first hit...really? you are going to complain about a DK having PHYSICAL damage?!?!? Why, their entire damage setup is dealing with fire damage, there is no boost to the physical damage they deal...& the direct physical damage that talons causes is crap anyway. According to tamriel foundry, the physical portion has a spell coefficient of 1.2, compared to the huge DPS skill: destructive touch's 1.3. Yes, the damage from the initial hit of talons is so huge, it does even less damage than a skill that the average player probably doesn't even know does damage....

Which means: encase & talons is the same
    1) crowd control
    Yup, actually encase wins this by lasting for 4.5 seconds instead of talon's 4.
    Talons has a DoT morph or damage dealt debuff morph.
    Encase has a damage morph, or a snare morph.
    3) direct damage
    Talons has direct damage of crap.
    Encase has no direct damage...but zero to crap is not a big advantage.
    4) synergy
    Encase has no synergy.
    talons has no synergy when soloing, which is what you are complaining about when you talk about a DK soloing 10+ mobs at once.
    5) non-ultimate
    Both non-ultimates
    6) tier 2
    Both are Tier 2
    7) spammable cost
    Base cost of encase is about..15% or so more, though that is a sorc...who has additional -% spell costs & additional magicka regen

Personally, I like encase better...to me, the longer cc is worth more than a small amount of additional damage. In groups, the synergy on talons is nice...but you are talking about solo, so...

Just an additional point for Dracobains
    But telling someone this is not an MMO was simply an error as MMO is a catch all term like sedan for cars. They are not all alike, but similar, yet they are all sedans. Creating your own definition is great for you but meaningless to everyone else.

No, not all cars are sedans...in the future, I'd recommend you know what you are talking about, before posting things like that...

Just so you can learn about cars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_body_style
    Sedan is one type of car, hatchbacks are another, station wagons another, etc...

Seriously you like Encase better?

I don't see how anyone could ever say that. Do you see DK's in some of these videos SPAMMING Broken Talons? Why? For ultimate generation and it has damage that is upfront. No one will ever use Encase for damage, ever. I haven't tested but I bet the damage doesn't even happen if your root is broken.

Frontal Cone is also vastly inferior to self centered AOE. Hell, Encase even seems to have a very narrow cone ... somewhere along the lines of 60 degrees. 60 degrees vs 360 degrees. That seems a bit inferior to me. Sure Encase has more range, but you don't need range once you get up on your opponent or packs of mobs which is what all these DKs are doing.

You then go on to compare Broken Talons and a Destructive Touch for some odd reason. Broken Talons is self centered AOE. You don't even have to be looking and targeting someone to use it effectively. Destructive Touch is single target. There is no reason to ever compare these and the fact that Broken Talons does more damage is ridiculous considering its AOE nature and the fact you can morph it for even more damage.

Oh and Encase costs 32% more magicka than Broken Talons. But Sorc has awesome magicka replenishing skills you say! Where? Don't mention Dark Conversion as channeling that skill is impossible in PVP and it is just another slot on your bar that has only a single purpose. Watch these videos and see how much HP, Magicka, and Stamina the DKs get when they drop their ultimates thanks to the Battle Roar passive. The tooltip says 70% of the ultimate but I clearly see close to 2/3rs of their total resource pool being replenished.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vicNBitis
    Just a hypothetical, but in a Nerf let's say Talons had it's root effect completely removed.

The direct damage it deals is meh, the DoT morph racks up the damage to something reasonably useful, and the only real high point of the skill would be the reduced damage morph since damage reduction stacks so players can still use Corrosive Armor, Choke Talons, and Lightning Impulse (concussion) to reduce attacker damage by 80% with Alessia's Bulwark set it can stack to 90% against a melee attacker (90% reduced attacker damage and that is damage capped at 3% of max HP).

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty effin' broken given that ultimate can be generated so rapidly and cost reduced to such a degree. And that's in a game where Talons immobilize has been nerfed out of the equation and it's just a mediocre damage skill or a temporary damage debuff. Hell remove the synergy as well, the problem persists. Remove 50% of its already mediocre damage, the problem persists. They can still spam it and build ultimate and activate ultimate for dirt cheap. That's a problem with how stacking cost reduction works both with magicka and ultimate.

Edit: forgot to note ultimate can be generated fast enough to have both Corrosive and Standard active at the same time. With the above combination that's over 100% damage reduction to attackers...drop Allesia's for Magicka Furnace or something more beneficial and your still over 100% reduced damage (115% to be exact). Ultimate spam due to cost reduction and high generation from AoE is unquestionably a problem with the core mechanics.
    Edited by Obscure on May 15, 2014 4:29PM
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously you like Encase better?

I don't see how anyone could ever say that. Do you see DK's in some of these videos SPAMMING Broken Talons? Why? For ultimate generation and it has damage that is upfront. No one will ever use Encase for damage, ever. I haven't tested but I bet the damage doesn't even happen if your root is broken.

Frontal Cone is also vastly inferior to self centered AOE. Hell, Encase even seems to have a very narrow cone ... somewhere along the lines of 60 degrees. 60 degrees vs 360 degrees. That seems a bit inferior to me. Sure Encase has more range, but you don't need range once you get up on your opponent or packs of mobs which is what all these DKs are doing.

You then go on to compare Broken Talons and a Destructive Touch for some odd reason. Broken Talons is self centered AOE. You don't even have to be looking and targeting someone to use it effectively. Destructive Touch is single target. There is no reason to ever compare these and the fact that Broken Talons does more damage is ridiculous considering its AOE nature and the fact you can morph it for even more damage.

Oh and Encase costs 32% more magicka than Broken Talons. But Sorc has awesome magicka replenishing skills you say! Where? Don't mention Dark Conversion as channeling that skill is impossible in PVP and it is just another slot on your bar that has only a single purpose. Watch these videos and see how much HP, Magicka, and Stamina the DKs get when they drop their ultimates thanks to the Battle Roar passive. The tooltip says 70% of the ultimate but I clearly see close to 2/3rs of their total resource pool being replenished.

Frontal cone vs 360 radius...to me, the cone is better. Yeah, you can't just stand there in the middle of a group of mobs, but you can cast it as they are approaching (or as you are running up) & not have to stand in the middle of them.

I compared talons & destructive touch...because touch does more damage, not less (you might have it showing less damage on your tooltip, because touch scales with weapon damage & talons scales with spell damage...so if your weapon sucks, or if you are stacking spell damage, talons will end up doing more damage. But, destructive touch scales with a higher spell coefficient.) If you want to compare it to an actual damage AoE skill...ok, firey breath has a spell coefficient of 2.095...and firey breath is fire damage, so it gains the benefits from the DK's passives/actives that boost fire damage. The point is, if you took the direct damage off of talons, most DK's wouldn't even notice (other than the ult gain, which I agree...ult gains for AoE attacks need to be looked at/changed/etc)

But the poster I was responding to, never mentioned talons for ultimate gains, instead he seemed to be focused on other reasons...he also had never heard of encase, so I'm guessing he isn't that knowledgeable about the game.

Next, i didn't say that sorc has "awesome magicka replenishing skills"... I said:
    that is a sorc...who has additional -% spell costs & additional magicka regen.
    They are:
    -capacitor: +%magicka regen
    -unholy knowledge:-%spell cost
    -restoring twilight: Magicka regen aura
    -energy overload: Magicka gain on hit (though yes, most sorcs don't take this ult, as if they take overlord they go for the other morph due to it doing much much more damage).
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played some PvP last night... watched a vr5 DK take on, and kill, 10 of us... half of which were vrs our selves... he literally stood there and out-healed the amount of damage 10 players could do to him.

..and he wasn't even a vamp.

• Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Played some PvP last night... watched a vr5 DK take on, and kill, 10 of us... half of which were vrs our selves... he literally stood there and out-healed the amount of damage 10 players could do to him.

That's the biggest pile of guarwash I've ever read.
    Edited by Still_Mind on May 15, 2014 9:11PM
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did all of you stayed in his standard :)? I play a DK and I see a lot of players who needs to learn to play against DKs. I have no chance against 2 players if they are range and they know what they are doing. But I can kill more than 10 ppl if they cannot play and blow their resources.
    Because I can!
  • Diakos
    Diakos
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, PvP.
    Don't we have a quaran... seperate board for that?
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    Grim13 wrote: »

That's the biggest pile of guarwash I've ever read.

Completely true.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    But the poster I was responding to, never mentioned talons for ultimate gains, instead he seemed to be focused on other reasons...he also had never heard of encase, so I'm guessing he isn't that knowledgeable about the game.

What is it with DK defenders and reading comprehension? Nowhere did I say I'd never heard of Encase. I said I didn't compare it to talons while researching it. I have a sorcerer and I'm quite familiar with them. I also have 3 NBs and didn't compare Talons to Shades. Do you want to make another post claiming I'm not aware of Shades?

Geez.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    @vicNBitis
    Just a hypothetical, but in a Nerf let's say Talons had it's root effect completely removed.

The direct damage it deals is meh, the DoT morph racks up the damage to something reasonably useful, and the only real high point of the skill would be the reduced damage morph since damage reduction stacks so players can still use Corrosive Armor, Choke Talons, and Lightning Impulse (concussion) to reduce attacker damage by 80% with Alessia's Bulwark set it can stack to 90% against a melee attacker (90% reduced attacker damage and that is damage capped at 3% of max HP).

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty effin' broken given that ultimate can be generated so rapidly and cost reduced to such a degree. And that's in a game where Talons immobilize has been nerfed out of the equation and it's just a mediocre damage skill or a temporary damage debuff. Hell remove the synergy as well, the problem persists. Remove 50% of its already mediocre damage, the problem persists. They can still spam it and build ultimate and activate ultimate for dirt cheap. That's a problem with how stacking cost reduction works both with magicka and ultimate.

Edit: forgot to note ultimate can be generated fast enough to have both Corrosive and Standard active at the same time. With the above combination that's over 100% damage reduction to attackers...drop Allesia's for Magicka Furnace or something more beneficial and your still over 100% reduced damage (115% to be exact). Ultimate spam due to cost reduction and high generation from AoE is unquestionably a problem with the core mechanics.

I'm hopeful that DKs will receive the same "fix" that NBs did when it became obvious they could chain Veil. To fix the other problem of DKs being OP I hope they nerf Talons hard. It is unlike ANY OTHER skill in the game. There's no reason for DKs to continue to be the best at everything except healing. Sorry, but not really.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I'd rather not have to have my NB carry around a useless skill like evasion simply to help make DKs less OP. No, a simple nerf will do just fine. As I've said elsewhere talons should not have everything. It needs to become an ultimate or lose cc or become prohibitively expensive. Or preferably two of those things.

Or better yet let's list all the things talons has going for it and the DKs here can explain why they should retain each:

1) crowd control
    3) direct damage
    4) synergy
    5) non-ultimate
    6) tier 2
    7) spammable cost

Who's first?
    Remove synergy , remove dd and make it a heal, and its only spammable with one build. Light armor resto /destro.in dungeons with heavy armor it cost 25 to 30% of your total pool. If you fix the light armor resto destro' dk becomes just a survivabilty utility class.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Remove synergy , remove dd and make it a heal, and its only spammable with one build. Light armor resto /destro.in dungeons with heavy armor it cost 25 to 30% of your total pool. If you fix the light armor resto destro' dk becomes just a survivabilty utility class.

I know you love pointing out "light armor" and such as if Talons is totally fine if not for that but it's not true. I paid zero attention to my DK as I was leveling. Hell, I put ALL stats into health and ended up with 4 light armor and 3 heavy with no set bonuses. I NEVER had problems chaining Talons 7, 8, 10 times. It's hilariously easy. Stop defending it.

I also never had any problems soft capping armor regardless of armor choices. DK is easy mode. All around. I imagine you could go just fine at least up until VR4 never spending a single stat point and going all medium armor. It's silly OP.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you love pointing out "light armor" and such as if Talons is totally fine if not for that but it's not true. I paid zero attention to my DK as I was leveling. Hell, I put ALL stats into health and ended up with 4 light armor and 3 heavy with no set bonuses. I NEVER had problems chaining Talons 7, 8, 10 times. It's hilariously easy. Stop defending it.
    Do you suffer from some disorder where you constantly prove your opponents points for them?

With only four light armor pieces you can more than tripple the amount of Dark Talon casts, apparently. That's some pretty overpowered armor.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    It's not full light. It's ZERO set bonuses. It's an 8% reduction in spell costs and 16% bonus magic regen. If that's all it takes to make a DK OP then it's settled. Thanks for playing. Now enjoy the nerf(s).
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it must be the light armor, because with 49 health and full heavy armor, I can barely cast it 3 times.

Enjoy being "that guy" who rages over a class in a video game. :D
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Put enchants into magicka. That was my only itemization concern until soft cap. I never thought I'd say this to a DK but L2P. Teehee.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put enchants into magicka. That was my only itemization concern until soft cap. I never thought I'd say this to a DK but L2P. Teehee.
    So I can obtain the 3,000 magicka needed to spam Dark Talons 7 more times (up to 10, like you claimed) through enchantments?
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vicNBitis

I'm hopeful that DKs will receive the same "fix" that NBs did when it became obvious they could chain Veil. To fix the other problem of DKs being OP I hope they nerf Talons hard. It is unlike ANY OTHER skill in the game. There's no reason for DKs to continue to be the best at everything except healing. Sorry, but not really.

They could delete Talons and DK's would still be wrecking ***. Talons really isn't the problem, and there's a laundry list of things that just plain are not mechanically balanced between skills, classes, resources, and gear options.

Nerf Talons into a skill that just spawns a cute rubber ducky, it won't matter. I know, my build doesn't use it but is broken for the same reasons people are calling to Nerf Talons: loads of AoE, massive survivability, high damage, and plenty of quick charging ultimate batteries (don't even use reduction). These core mechanics need to be reigned in, once they are Talons will not be quite the "Boogy Man" every one presumes it to be.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    You run up to the pack, pop Talons. Spam Impulse. Wait 4 seconds, reapply Talons. Repeat. If it takes more than 3-4 Talons you're doing it wrong. If you're feeling adventurous you don't even have to use Impulse. I know that skill takes a bit of work to get(unlike Talons!) so you might have to kite between reapplications. I know! Moving in a fight. Come on! What are we? A Nightblade?

You only have to spam Talons 7+ times if you're killing a boss. The 4 seconds between casts should be enough to regen what's needed. You should even have enough to pop a Dragon Blood or two if you lag or something.

My heart does go out to the DKs who don't use Talons though. So sad. Seeing them in full heavy, blowing flames, and popping heals like Pez. And...dying like they weren't the most OP class in the game. Gives the rest of us a bad name and it needs to stop.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting in between casts isn't spamming, and now we're bringing stacked magicka regen into it? Oh wait, light armor.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    It has an effect that lasts 4 seconds. This whole time you thought I meant spamming as in overwriting/reapplying and not waiting 4 seconds?! Seriously?

Just a heads up, when I'm talking about how NBs are OP and I mention Disguise spam I really mean casting it every 5 seconds or so.

Some people. Sheesh.
This discussion has been closed.