The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

U41 Guild History problems

agelonestar
agelonestar
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems there's an issue with Guild History data - several GMs confirmed to me that history is taking literally forever to load, so I know I'm not the only one! On PC, both on EU and NA, everything from Roster to Bank Items seems to be constantly in Retrieving History mode.

Anyone else having this issue?

@ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_Kevin is this is a known bug? I couldn't find anything about it here.
GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also buggy [snip].

Three times tonight I have been left in locked loading screens - I can't even CTRL-ALT-DEL to the task manager.

:|

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 12, 2024 4:58PM
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for flagging this. Are you running any addons? If so, could you try disabling all of them and try pulling without addons enabled? We want to rule that out while trying to figure out if anything else could be happening here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loaded with no addons and it does not look much better...
    My history cuts off at one hour ago with no ability to load more

u02w7guuvdwa.png
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup same, all addons disabled. It loads some categories fine (I can view recent sales / roster changes...) but then it eventually gets stuck on one or more categories and looks like this w/ the retrieving history message and the little spinning circle of doom next to it, but no further history is ever retrieved in these "stuck" categories (even after 2+ hours). [EDIT to add: and there should be extensive history in these categories, this is a big guild with frequent changes to the MOTD and alliance war activity.].

The categories that get "stuck" in this way are not always the same ones either, it changes with each login but it always seems to get stuck on at least one or more of them.

wg2pg2rzef1w.png
    e11xotmyzr05.png
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on March 11, 2024 10:04PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    EF321 wrote: »

u02w7guuvdwa.png

Would you be able to share a full screen of your guild menu?

Also, are you the guild master of the guild or a member? Trying to narrow some things down.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

u02w7guuvdwa.png

Also, are you the guild master of the guild or a member? Trying to narrow some things down.

Here:
    caas472va3hq.png
    GM of this one

For other guilds where I am member:
    Next one cuts off at 5 hours ago, can't load more
    Next three work, can keep loading more pages

For first two sales cut off at similar point and can't load older events, but new ones keep coming.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not just you OP, reported it here soon after servers came online:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/654063/guild-history-endless-retrieving-history-message-and-spinning-circle-thing#latest

I have given up for today. Hoping that tomorrow will somehow be better as is trader swap.

None could get any actionable data in our trading guilds, nor the GMs neither the civil servants or the members.

Tried both with and without Libhistoire.

This is a quote from Sirinsidator on the subject (form the comment section of Libhistoire where the issue has been reported as well):

I can assure you this is not the intended behaviour. It's just currently not returning data as it should.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2817-LibHistoire-GuildHistory.html#comments

Edited by ApoAlaia on March 11, 2024 10:25PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm having this issue across all guild categories on PC-EU.

Have tried with ALL addons and libs turned off, some categories partially populate but nearly all have the spinning "retrieving histories" showing.

What is weird is there is no similarity between guilds as to which category might actually load some info AND each time you try, they can actually be different ones too...... what worked a few minutes ago, now doesn't!

A few of us have been trying to make some logical sense out of this all evening but have now given up, as our heads are now spinning like the retrieval icon! 🤯

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

This is probably related to the script that kicks players after hitting E to retrieve guild history too fast.

I keep getting the message that you can only retrieve guild history every 2 seconds. This happens even with all addons off and completely restarting my computer. It is definitely the server denying client requests or not receiving them at all.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

This is probably related to the script that kicks players after hitting E to retrieve guild history too fast.

I keep getting the message that you can only retrieve guild history every 2 seconds. This happens even with all addons off and completely restarting my computer. It is definitely the server denying client requests or not receiving them at all.

Oh yes I was getting that on occasion too but not all the time.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Elldarian
    Elldarian
    The 2 second cooldown on hitting E is more like several minutes currently.
    Elldarian lil Duk-Tak CP 2091

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost all my enchanting runes info for my older characters. Every time I need to create a enchanting with those characters I need to load newer ones (the runes info are ok with them) and come back to my old character. EVERY TIME. And this problem is not addon related.

Also the achievements are lost too. I need to leave and come back all the time! The upgrade is bugged.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

u02w7guuvdwa.png

Here:
    caas472va3hq.png
    GM of this one

For other guilds where I am member:
    Next one cuts off at 5 hours ago, can't load more
    Next three work, can keep loading more pages

For first two sales cut off at similar point and can't load older events, but new ones keep coming.

I have update on this, using Clear Cache feature in LibHistoire addon made missing data reappear.
    Is this available somewhere without addons?
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience (with no addons running)

- The "Show More" did not appear until I could go beyond the first page of sales transactions.
    - It took over an hour for enough sales history to load in to be able to GO beyond page 1 to get to that Show More button.
    - Even then, "Show More" did not work.

I then applied a fix obtained from an addon dev that allowed for the loading of 500 items at a time when "Show More" is clicked. (this fix involved deleting some game datafiles or I would share it for folks.)

Two big problems here (for me, at least) that had nothing to do with addons.
    No "Show More" until page 2
    Once it ultimately appears, it doesn't do anything. Data still slowly trickles in on it's own.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    I disabled all my addons and libs, deleted saved variables and restarted the game.
    Now I finally see all gold deposits in my guild 1 (I am GM) but the trader tab do not refresh.
    It does not even say it is retrieving data any more. So I am not able to get the sales data at all.
    Also bank items deposit and withdrawal tabs keep empty, even we should have hundreds of entries there.
    This is for my one guild.
    My other guilds infos updates without any complication.

Update:
    I quit the game again and now I see all the data from guild 1 but not from guild 2. I was able to see all data from that guild before relogging. For example the gold deposits tab has only the events happened after the logging in. Retrieving data do not start for that guild any more. :open_mouth:
    This feels really random. :D

Update2:
    I enabled the libhistoire.lib and used Clear Cache feature in bank gold, that made missing data reappear. Sales are not still showing other than the ones that have come after I last relogged. I am scared to use the Clear Cache for sales because I do not really know what it does and don't want to lose any sales data.
    Edited by Balastar on March 12, 2024 3:29PM
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried without any addons this morning, for science.

Logged in, sat there for 5 minutes, some categories on some guilds populated (like bank gold or bank items) others didn't (trader) and there was no rhyme or reason I could see.

With this I mean some guilds would have different categories populated than others.

The only constant was the stubborn refusal to populate the trader category. 5-6 entries is the max the game was prepared to give me after five minutes.

EDIT: From what I gather from those in the know the server is currently throttling requests from the client at the rate of one request every two minutes, and one request will yield 500 records.

The request are in series, not in parallel, so is one request per guild and category every 2 minutes.

Looks like the 5 minutes I gave the game was not even remotely enough to get the data from 3 trading guilds.

I'm looking at somewhere in the region of... at least a couple of hours. Per account (each account is in three different trading guilds).

I don't think any clerical work is getting done this trader swap.

Said that the devs are working on it, which is nice. Ultimately this is work for them, improving all things guild history while not unduly taxing the servers; they could have gone 'no guild data for you, adapt or perish' instead, but they didn't.

Edited by ApoAlaia on March 12, 2024 2:49PM
  • Elldarian
    Elldarian
    Same this morning.

Upon log in, "Retrieving history..." on all categories for each guild, even categories with no data to retrieve.

After ~25 min most of the categories with little to no data to retrieve no longer display "Retrieving history...".

While no forward progress on retrieving past sales history has been achieved so far this morning, sales that happen while waiting are rolling in to the history page.

Hitting E still results in the 2 second notice.

(While on this window for about 2-3 minutes typing, the ESO window went white and displayed "Not responding" in the upper left corner. The ESO window was not minimized. After 5 minutes it had not recovered so I forced the game closed.)

• clacker
    clacker
    ✭✭
    Same here, I am a GM of a trading guild plus a officer in another, constant Retrieving history with nothing really coming thru.
    Have managed to get some data but most of the sections are stuck on Retrieving history.
    Have tried with all addons off, but still the same.
    GM - Hallowed Dust Trading (Trade Guild - PC/EU)
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for flagging this. Are you running any addons? If so, could you try disabling all of them and try pulling without addons enabled? We want to rule that out while trying to figure out if anything else could be happening here.

Will try this evening OFC :)
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a little concerning that this hasn't been included in the sticky "known issues" post. It's certainly inconvenient for traders but a disaster for guild management who really need access to the data in guild history. Any further follow-up on this @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »

The vanilla UI is redesigned so that to request more data you will need to go to the last page available. Then the E Show More option will appear.

Please see the part just above that where I said the "Show More" button didn't appear until I could get to a page 2 and that I couldn't get to a page two for more than an hour...

...and then even *when* the "Show More" button DID appear, it was busted...

...until...

I used a solution from an addon dev that involved deleting files off of my hard drive in a hidden folder. *Then* using the Show More button has worked like a charm since, instantly loading in 500 More items. Then I had to click the right arrow 5x, then I could click Show More again...rinse repeat rinse repeat. Clunky...
    Edited by hiyde on March 12, 2024 3:27PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Niemand
    Niemand
    ✭✭✭
    Same Problem here (EU).
    LibHistoire don't load the full data.

AddOn AutoRanks will not work because ShissuHistoryScanner is includet.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add one other thought to this - my understanding of how the new guild history system was intended to work (which could be incorrect) is that it would retrieve history data from the server and then store it in a cache locally... but it appears that it is trying to to retrieve all of the data from the server after every login. For example, sales data that was retrieved yesterday is now gone again with the endless "retrieving history" message.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on March 12, 2024 3:44PM
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niemand wrote: »
    Same Problem here (EU).
    LibHistoire don't load the full data.

While there may be issues with addons, it starts with issues loading in the transactions through the History Tabs built into the game. Any addon problems will likely be easier to fix once that is dealth with by ZOS.

Lots of folks, even with all addons disabled, are not able to load in Guild History items...
    Edited by hiyde on March 12, 2024 3:45PM
  • Niemand
    Niemand
    ✭✭✭

AddOn Auto Ranks will be fixed!
    So much thanks to the developer peniku8 !!! :)

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2635-AutoRanks.html
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add one other thought to this - my understanding of how the new guild history system was intended to work (which could be incorrect) is that it would retrieve history data from the server and then store it in a cache locally... but it appears that it is trying to to retrieve all of the data from the server after every login. For example, sales data that was retrieved yesterday is now gone again with the endless "retrieving history" message.

I found that, too, even when switching characters.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a little concerning that this hasn't been included in the sticky "known issues" post. It's certainly inconvenient for traders but a disaster for guild management who really need access to the data in guild history. Any further follow-up on this @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Would like to agree strongly - any trader and any GM of any type of guild is going to find this situation problematic.

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    It is a known issue and we are investigating. We'll add it to the list. The issue came up as we finalized the list yesterday, so that's probably why it didn't make it on.
    Staff Post
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that Kevin, I understand it can take some time to figure these bugs out but it's super helpful to know they're being looked at!
  • Elldarian
    Elldarian
    Almost seems that the cooldown for clicking E is 200 seconds instead of 2 seconds.

That is, of course, once you get past the initial "Retrieving history..." delays.