The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

U41 Guild History problems

• agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merci :)
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • clacker
    clacker
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin is there any update on the guild history subject?

We need to check back in with the team on this. Haven't heard anything yet. We'll check back in and see if we can provide an update later this week.

@ZOS_Kevin Did you manage to get an update ? As this constant Clearing Cache/reloading UI only to find that the history is broke again later, is taking up a lot of personal time just to run my own Trading Guild plus help run another.
    Edited by clacker on April 7, 2024 6:41PM
    GM - Hallowed Dust Trading (Trade Guild - PC/EU)
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI for those watching this thread, there's a fair bit around Guild History in today's patch notes - hopefully that resolves all (or most!) of the current situation.

Fingers and toes crossed :)
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any improvements. Guild history still seems to be bugged.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone managed to break something yet? :)

I had no problems with 2 logins so far, but that way too early to say anything.
    Options
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Here is a list of the functionality I have lost - as a guild master - since U41:

* anyone who has joined my guild since U41, I can no longer see their join date in the guild roster. This is bad because we promote and give privileges based on time in the guild.
    * Guild History - Roster: currently only shows roster changes within the last 24 hours. Nothing previous. Very bad.
    * Guild History - Bank Items: only has Deposits and Withdrawals, no longer shows the "All" category which was helpful to see if someone was depositing and withdrawing at the same approximate time
    * I can no longer see my personal sales history which (I think) Awesome Guild Store add-on used to provide
    * When I receive the mail notification after a guild trader sale, it no longer tells me who made the purchase
    * Awesome Guild Store no longer shows me if items listed at the guild trader are bargains or not. (Color coded based on average sale price)
    * Shissu's Guild Tools add-on is pretty much completely broken now. Someone has released a new lite version but it does not include the functionality I used to rely on prior to U41.

In short, U41 has been a MASSIVE disappointment in terms of QOL for guild leaders and traders.

Today's patch, which supposedly had guild history updates included, does not appear to have fixed any of these issues.

Please escalate this if possible as this is a severe setback for the social and trading aspects of the game.
    Options
  • bloodandiamonds
    bloodandiamonds
    ✭✭✭
    Having all these issues as well. My roster data only goes back 14 hours, no way to request more. Trader info once again lost after this patch. Bank deposits history completely gone. The ability to smoothly run a guild has been destroyed by these so-called improvements.
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 8 2024 patch notes

Guild History

Clicking through the guild history will now update information more consistently while using addons.
    Made additional improvements to guild history to fix situations where you would encounter endless loading.
    Fixed an issue where guild history events were missing information that allowed items such as Master Writs to be fully represented.

So is it any better now???

Edited by majulook on April 8, 2024 5:10PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nx8xlpap0xfd.png

Same issue following today's patch - stuck retrieving history (no addons) with no way to load earlier history than my last login.

@ZOS_Kevin I know this isn't your fault, but can we please get some more info on what's going on here? Are there any possible workarounds we can try, or additional information that WE can provide to try and help solve the problem?

Large guilds are really struggling with guild management, and many traders are cutting back activity while waiting for a fix.

[EDIT to remove a couple missed user names from image].
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on April 8, 2024 7:10PM
    Options
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    April 8 2024 patch notes

Guild History

Clicking through the guild history will now update information more consistently while using addons.
    Made additional improvements to guild history to fix situations where you would encounter endless loading.
    Fixed an issue where guild history events were missing information that allowed items such as Master Writs to be fully represented.

Nope.

Still broken. 2hrs later spinning wheel telling me its still retrieving history.
    Guess we wait until the next patch update
    :(
    Options
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    April 8 2024 patch notes

Guild History

No. The fixes listed in the patch notes appear to have had no effect or improvement.
    Options
  • clacker
    clacker
    ✭✭
    Patch seems to have solved my problems, Not had to Clear Cache/reloading UI today which I was doing at least 2/3 times a day.
    History is stable and updating ok for me so far but will see how it go's.
    Edited by clacker on April 8, 2024 6:41PM
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It worked for a while but then broke again.

Why am I not surprised?????
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • Elldarian
    Elldarian
    After a good long stretch with no issues, the patch today broke guild history for me.

{EDIT} Failed to indicate that Retrieving History displays for a few seconds then goes away leaving no option to hit E.
    Edited by Elldarian on April 8, 2024 8:08PM
    Elldarian lil Duk-Tak CP 2091

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adding to the chorus here.

With all addons disabled, I'm still choking on getting data.
    If I use some of the workarounds that have been discovered, I can get most data to funnel in, only to have it start bottlenecking again a few hours later and having to rinse/repeat a multitude of tricks to get data (if I can at all).

@ZOS_Kevin we are at the 1 month point of spending hours and hours and hours trying to import basic data to be able to manage our trading guilds. This heavily affects members as well, their ability to determine correct value, find good deals, etc.

What should be 25%+ bump in sales for Jubilee is instead a downturn in sales. I've never seen that. While this might not be the only factor in that, it's certainly contributing.

Before anyone makes the usual "but consoles" reference. I get it. We should *all* have basic financial details for the hundreds of small businesses intentionally set up in this game. In lieu of that, on PC, addons are a thing and that's what I signed up for. Mad respect for console trade guilds...I could never.

But we're now at a month of a drastically degraded experience with little communication. Today's patch notes were the first indication in a while that this is even on the radar. Can we get any additional info on the priority level or how close they think they're getting to a resolution? I can't begin to describe how demoralizing it is to spend 5 straight hours trying every trick known to get basic sales data. Or bank deposits. Or join dates.

For thoses having issues, here's a few things that have been at least somewhat helpful for me:

If you run TTC, disable the setting to let it scan guild sales.
    Within LibHistorie settings (under the settings>addons menu), there's an option to clear every cache in one shot.
    The last thing is opening guild history and clicking through every category to get it to load in data.

Even with all that, I'm still having issues, as are others, but those tricks can help break some of the logjams.
    Edited by hiyde on April 8, 2024 8:14PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • clacker
    clacker
    ✭✭
    clacker wrote: »
    Patch seems to have solved my problems, Not had to today which I was doing at least 2/3 times a day.
    History is stable and updating ok for me so far but will see how it go's.

I spoke too soon, Sales data stuck again, back to Clear Cache/reloading UI.
    This need sorting!
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clacker wrote: »
    I spoke too soon, Sales data stuck again, back to Clear Cache/reloading UI.
    This need sorting!

22lyvyistox3.png
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A month of this now... is there any kind of update or information at all to share with the players?
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm still seeing issues too - fewer, perhaps, but still issues.

It's actually really annoying having to manually "get" the data, too. If I don't, it doesn't seem to be piped to me no matter how long I'm online.

The joys of being a trader; the double joy of running a trade guild.
    Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was running perfect for me yesterday and this morning. Logged in this afternoon and two guilds wouldn't load and I had to clear the cache to fix it. I used to have to clear cache on at least 1-2 guilds on each login, so maybe they fixed part of the problem, though clearly not all of the issues.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they said how this system is superior to the old one they had, that worked?
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sakiri I just shot coffee out of my nose all over my desk..... lol !!
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Have they said how this system is superior to the old one they had, that worked?

I can honestly say on console it is better because I can see alot more history, and especially per page too, previously it was a small number of rows per page which is greatly expanded. Seeing the seperate gold deposits is really useful too
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin is there any update on the guild history subject?

We need to check back in with the team on this. Haven't heard anything yet. We'll check back in and see if we can provide an update later this week.

hczbffdhyw5d.png
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

I can honestly say on console it is better because I can see alot more history, and especially per page too, previously it was a small number of rows per page which is greatly expanded. Seeing the seperate gold deposits is really useful too

So lets screw over PC for the consoles?
    Options
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    SakiriSakiri
    9:55AM
    » show previous quotes

I can honestly say on console it is better because I can see a lot more history, and especially per page too, previously it was a small number of rows per page which is greatly expanded. Seeing the seperate gold deposits is really useful too

The guild history has been borked on console as well. I am an officer in 4 trading guilds on PSNA and more often than not we cannot see the guild bank deposits (gold or items), the roster history doesn't populate, and the sales history only goes back a day or 2 (if we're lucky). Y'all aren't the only ones that are having problems. Trust me when I say that fizl101 has been lucky that they haven't had issues yet.
    Edited by Hypnotica713 on April 10, 2024 3:08PM
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never said that at all, I was just saying that its an improvement compared to what we had before
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said that at all, I was just saying that its an improvement compared to what we had before

What we had before worked. I get why you liked it but whatever they did is crippling trade guilds.

Mine does everything on a Google sheet, but others aren't so lucky.
    Options
  • bloodandiamonds
    bloodandiamonds
    ✭✭✭

How is this an improvement when trading history is being wiped out every few hours? The same with bank deposits and roster history.
    THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!! This is extremely frustrating!!
    Options
  • bloodandiamonds
    bloodandiamonds
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Can we PLEASE get some more attention on this issue?! The old way may have been slow but at least it worked!!
    Options