Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The queuing is UNACCEPTABLE

agelonestar
agelonestar
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know whether it's a bug, a server-side issue, whether it's the free-to-play event, the in-game event, or the ESO+ free trial..... Longstanding customers who bought the game, bought the chapters, and spend yet more money subscribing, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT IN A QUEUE TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

It's utterly infuriating.

I frequently move around between accounts and between NA and EU. As I write, the queue times have gone from a minute to over 6 minutes, and I have got to the end of the queue and crashed twice (so I have to exit to desktop, and start all over again).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_JessicaFolsom what's going on, and what can be done to ensure that paying customers get access to the game they bought?
GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having a sneaky suspicion that when they made the game free to grab on Epic for a short time, they added more players than the game can handle. Because it seems like the Epic game promotion is not a rental, but rather a permanent thing. Unlike previous "Free ESO" events which were rentals and after the promotion ended you would lose access to the free version of the game.

I mean, what else could it be ? Both NA & EU PC are having same issue.

Having an in-game event and a free ESO Plus trial does not help either as it all stacks.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 30, 2023 10:16AM
    Options
  • DonHardstyle
    DonHardstyle
    ✭✭✭
    I do not believe that eso being free on epic gave us so much more players. It deffo brought new players into the game for sure, But enough to make 30 minute queue's? Doubt it. Even now, 1300 Cest on sunday there is a 10 min queue. I think its more a hardware issue. Or a combination.
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SAY NO TO Q
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having a sneaky suspicion that when they made the game free to grab on Epic for a short time, they added more players than the game can handle. Because it seems like the Epic game promotion is not a rental, but rather a permanent thing. Unlike previous "Free ESO" events which were rentals and after the promotion ended you would lose access to the free version of the game.

I mean, what else could it be ? Both NA & EU PC are having same issue.

Having an in-game event and a free ESO Plus trial does not help either as it all stacks.
    I agree, as the free ESO from Epic we have more active players, the event also give more players in the game.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back in the early 80's we had to load a Commodore64 pc game by playing a data cassette for 15 minutes prior.

Now 40 years later, seems like some things never change.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to do something to fix this. PAYING customers should get queue priority, no question about this!

Maybe add more server space to cope with the influx of new (temporary) players? I mean you don't think people are going to stick around with the queues like this do you?
    Options
  • Dekibra
    Dekibra
    ✭✭
    yeah... just tried to log in (EU) ... wait time: over 8 minutes!

will play something else I guess :|
    PC-EU
    Options
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    yesterday queue
    today queue
    tomorrow?

i think is becoming a new service for eso+ subscribers
    Options
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭
    yesterday queue
    today queue
    tomorrow?

Yeah pay for queue...
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VanLo83 wrote: »
    yesterday queue
    today queue
    tomorrow?

Yeah pay for queue...

I'm hoping he meant pay for NO queue !!

I just logged to another account. I'm at 25 mins now. It's just not worth it. I probably wouldn't play for 25 mins on the account I'm logging. And on all the threads currently open about this issue, not one response from ZoS. No apology, no "we're on it", not even a "tough, live with it". I've said this 1,000 times on this forum - ZoS have a terrific game, when it works, but their customer service is dreadful.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • Yas78
    Yas78
    ✭✭
    So I waited 16 (sixteen) minutes in queue, then at 1 second left nothing happened, I clicked Leave Queue and relogin, now I'm at 27 (twenty seven) minutes queue.

d09nsv8g0a06.png
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it hasn't hit me as hard as some here, I and a few guildies have had a que time on Xbox na the last couple of days from time to time and slower loadscreen. Assuming Epic is PC only?(maybe they're drawing resources from console server?) but we've noticed too.
    Options
  • Ariael37
    Ariael37
    ✭✭
    This is very angry to me!
    I can't play more then 14 day, because always queue... And EVERY day is queue LONGER!
    Today i see 27 minute wait!!!

With this i cancel my subscription. This is totally unusable crap. I will transfer to Baldur's gate 3, this company will use my money better then ESO...
    Options
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday
    qawmdhhfqrh2.png
    today
    rideanlwxzrm.png
    Options
  • Enrik72
    Enrik72
    ✭✭
    maybe it's time to move on and give way to new ftp players
    i'm just a peasant who barely speaks english
    Options
  • LordProteus
    There seems to be something wrong with the servers in the last week or two. I have been getting stuck in 1second queues and am currently in a 21 minute queue. I have never seen a queue that big in years. Also, I have been getting locked out of logging in from time to time due to an "internal error" which requires me to restart my computer. That has never happened to me ever and has only started happening recently along with these weird queue errors.
    Options
  • shannarab16_ESO
    shannarab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    p8lqnks0wwcp.png
    PC EU..
    Options
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    could we have an official response? after all we are paying customers
    Options
  • Enrik72
    Enrik72
    ✭✭
    we need an addon that will notify us when it's time to log in. by sending a mail or message on discord
    i'm just a peasant who barely speaks english
    Options
  • Diatonic
    Diatonic
    ✭✭
    I am happy to see a queue today….means more people in the game.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2023 4:43PM
    Options
  • Divine1976
    Divine1976
    Soul Shriven
    Waited 25 mins just to get kicked at the end, now got to wait about 27 minutes again.

Thats not a few minutes to get in
    Options
  • Kertats
    Kertats
    ✭✭✭
    Logged in at 5am EU time and had a 10 min que hardly anybody online at that time and now sitting in a 22 min que after getting booted after trying to sprint on a mount think this is more than just lots of new people joining but a collection of problems
    Options
  • Warndihr
    Warndihr
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is free to play for a week or so, I really hope that Z is taking hardware performance into consideration so that the paying players can still enjoy the game without having to wait half an hour to be able to login.
    Options
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    So, give out your game for free then fail to provision for the influx of new players? Genius. I pay monthly for a service and have to wait 30 minutes to use it? Great business model. Paying Plus members not be sitting in queues. For that matter, nor should people who bought the game.
    Options
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    So here I am, an eso plus appreciate logging in and standing in line ?? I dont stand in line IRL for anything period leave alone a video game while paying for + services.

Unsubbed and staying that way.
    [snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2023 4:42PM
    Options
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diatonic wrote: »
    I am happy to see a queue today….means more people in the game.

[snip]

If this was the launch of the game I'd agree and be fine. Nearly 10 years in and after 3 years of "performance" improvements to need to wait 25+mins because zos decide to do a free week on Epic, new event and free eso+ at the same time pretty much and then we see this is ridiculous, there's no other way to spin it.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2023 4:44PM
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they queue times are kinda ridiculous, I had this thought: Is it possible that the amount of new players from Epic promotion was that big ? Because something tells me that it is not possible.

Since Epic is free, and ESO on Epic was free to grab, what if people just made a bunch of fake Epic accounts with copy of ESO just to be able to farm new Motif faster ? (multiple accounts & trade with main account for 1 gold etc).

I mean In current Event there are more motif pages than the event has days. And you can only get one motif page per day per account. Even if you would not have any dupicates, you either need to buy event tickets to unlock motif pages or buy motif pages of guild traders at highly far-fetched pricers (since TTC addon has support for the new motif page day1 so it is impossible to find it at reasonable price).

I would not be surprised if this is the case and a lot of "free copies of ESO" are (or will be) used by bots / fake guilds.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 30, 2023 12:56PM
    Options
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25 mis queue time.
    Never saw this before, on any game ever.

That's really weird.
    Options
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Concur 100%..... those of us that have been PAYING customers since day 1 should NOT have to wait in a queue.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
    Options
  • oicero
    oicero
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was only me :D
    isdm1cp2blvi.png
    Options