The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

EU PC login issues

• Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean we don’t need the scheduled maintenance on the 5th because they are doing it now?
  • Mattymoo92
    Mattymoo92
    ✭✭✭
    Any update Ginaaaaaaaa
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hrolthar wrote: »
    Does this mean we don’t need the scheduled maintenance on the 5th because they are doing it now?

They will still be down on the 5th so they can change the sticky tape holding everything together.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's not fun that the EU servers are down at the moment (Especially since the event is running) , but I think it's a bit early to sharpen those knives, right guys?
    Just give it a bit of time, boot another game to get lost in, maybe have a snack and meanwhile the IT team will get the servers back up and running. It's only been a handful of hours by now. It think the only people who should be expressing their concerns are those who are perhaps losing their chances on today's tickets due to their time zone. And I'm pretty sure if there's no chance left for players from certain countries to collect those, ZoS will take care of it aswell.

Unless the ticket KI gives up on working aswell, I suppose.

It would be easier to accept something like this if it did not happen all the time. They give us way too many opportunities to fall in love with other games. I hope things will change in quartal 3 (where they wanted to start focusing more on quality of life stuff and bug fixes). Never played a game with more performance issues, bugs and server problems at primetime...
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are paying players, remember that !

That's the genius of the f2p/eso+ model. Buying a chapter gives access to the new content. Eso+ gives a bunch of perks (crowns/bagspace/...), but server uptime is "free". Officially we're not paying for that, so the servers could be down 6 days of the week and ZoS would still have fulfilled their contractual obligations.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Video presents actual footage of IT technician rushing into EU server room to hopefully fix the issue :joy: :
    (Sorry, I could not resist :D )
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 2, 2023 9:16PM
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin This has affected all the EU servers throughout Sunday prime time and looks like it probably won't resolve until after many players' bedtime. A lot of players who would have bought luxury furnishings this evening will have missed the chance. The corals are actually pretty useful for Hermaeus Mora themed houses (good for a tentacle feel) so please can you either extend Zanil's working hours by a day this week so we have the chance of buying them tomorrow evening, or add this week's furnishings on to next week's selection so we can at least buy them then rather than having to wait a whole year for them to come round again?
  • grovex_fr
    grovex_fr
    Soul Shriven
    loosej wrote: »

That's the genius of the f2p/eso+ model. Buying a chapter gives access to the new content. Eso+ gives a bunch of perks (crowns/bagspace/...), but server uptime is "free". Officially we're not paying for that, so the servers could be down 6 days of the week and ZoS would still have fulfilled their contractual obligations.

yeah but eso isn t free to play...

any ways, could we have some update @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm pretty sure if there's no chance left for players from certain countries to collect those, ZoS will take care of it aswell.

I'm afraid you might be a bit optimistic in your thinking. Compensating players for the service being unavailable would be a dangerous precedent, if they give a compensation once they'd have to keep doing so in the future.

Oh, but they've done it before. Don't forget, the moment PC NA experienced even a fraction of the disaster that PC EU regularly goes through, they threw 150% scrolls at everyone in a desperate apology. PC EU is the redheaded stepchild for sure and ZOS aren't even shy about showing that.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to buy the game to play, whether that is just the base game or a chapter bundled with the base game and previous chapters. ESO+ doesn't come into it. ESO is definitely not F2P.
    Edited by Hamish999 on July 2, 2023 9:19PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin This has affected all the EU servers throughout Sunday prime time and looks like it probably won't resolve until after many players' bedtime. A lot of players who would have bought luxury furnishings this evening will have missed the chance. The corals are actually pretty useful for Hermaeus Mora themed houses (good for a tentacle feel) so please can you either extend Zanil's working hours by a day this week so we have the chance of buying them tomorrow evening, or add this week's furnishings on to next week's selection so we can at least buy them then rather than having to wait a whole year for them to come round again?

Ha, I wouldn't ask them to change timers. If their lack of care about Cyrodiil is any indication, next week just won't *have* a luxury furnisher if they start fiddling.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, but they've done it before. Don't forget, the moment PC NA experienced even a fraction of the disaster that PC EU regularly goes through, they threw 150% scrolls at everyone in a desperate apology.

I get what you're saying, but there's a big difference between a desperate apology and an actual compensation.

• Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be open now.

Edit: I managed to load in.
    Edited by Maitsukas on July 2, 2023 9:27PM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • P0PuPnP0P0uT
    P0PuPnP0P0uT
    Soul Shriven
    jotga6g1zi0f.gif

almost there now

• Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    what compensation? a butterfly? a 150% scrolls? just play? seriously, i want just "play"
    Edited by Okamiris on July 2, 2023 9:26PM
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    Ps5 EU seems to be back up.
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    server PC UP ! thx ZoS
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    Have been issues since Necrom is online, being kicked every once in a while every time I get online havng to wait 4-10 min to come back in. Now this.... RIP membership

Me too. Before Necrom I rarely had issues and certainly never like this
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's not fun that the EU servers are down at the moment (Especially since the event is running) , but I think it's a bit early to sharpen those knives, right guys?

Khajiit remains silent, sharpening his claws...
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    Dayum we got lucky. We extended our PvP guild run and we had an awesome low population loop going on until we got kicked out. To all my buddies fighting on empty servers, dayum we were lucky :.

Was that by any chance the Quagmire? :D

Everqloam, but i heard Quag had the same mentality :smiley:
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, still got the "servers offline" message when starting the launcher, and esoserverstatus.net shows the same, but managed to log in.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU is up for me despite it saying servers are down.
  • VidmaVirtual
    VidmaVirtual
    Soul Shriven
    9bjatrkcw829.png
  • Rufusstan
    Rufusstan
    ✭✭
    Back in as well, and not dead. When I got booted I was moved out of where I was. Server status page now says all are up. No queue so either I beat the rush, or everyone has given up and gone to bed.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

The EU servers are back up and running now. Thank you for your patience!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SKN
    SKN
    Soul Shriven
    Okamiris wrote: »
    what compensation? a butterfly? a 150% scrolls? just play? seriously, i want just "play"

When eastern live-service games (especially newer ones) have a maintenence (scheduelled or otherwise), you're usually compensated with premium currency, or rare materials. So for ESO, that'd be either Crowns, Crown gems, or improvement materials.

So with that theme, I think the best choice is giving out gems, as it's a lot more difficult (expensive) to aquire normally, and something everyone (subscriber or otherwise) would appreciate.

So with that theme, getting an reasonable amount would be something like, 25-50 for unscheduelled on weekdays, and 50-100 for weekends (scheduelled or unscheduelled).
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭

Video presents actual footage of IT technician rushing into EU server room to hopefully fix the issue :joy: :
    (Sorry, I could not resist :D )

Pretty sure that is footage of the EU server
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_Kevin

Hope the necklaces can rerturn with the rings at the golden vendor next week?
  • соня
    соня
    ✭✭
    Launcher does not start the game, error 210.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    jotga6g1zi0f.gif

almost there now

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7926069/#Comment_7926069
    :D
    Calastir wrote: »
    I remember back in the early 80's we had to load a Commodore64 pc game by playing a data cassette for 15 minutes prior.

Now 40 years later, seems like some things never change.

:) two comments with the same idea

Edited by Gandalf_72 on July 31, 2023 3:12PM
    PC | EU
This discussion has been closed.