Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Pvprs lost a month of campaign rewards

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with campaigns.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I've spent a ton of time (like I do every campaign) ensuring that I have end of campaign rewards on multiple characters. This is how I choose to farm up Transmute crystals rather than other methods. If I had any warning ahead of time that the campaigns would have been extended by nearly 4 weeks, I would have chosen to spend my time in other ways to get transmute crystals. I need those crystals and was planning to use them within the next week, and now I'm just left without a resource that I spent significant time to obtain. This is just a complete lack of care or concern for players' time and energy that they put into the game using the exisitng ruleset laid out by ZOS.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with campaigns.

Swing and a miss. THIS is the first comment in this thread by ZOS.

I was hoping the way it was put in the patch notes meant double rewards but now I just think you want the thread to disappear in a part of the forums no one uses.

[snip] up.
    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 6, 2023 1:27PM
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sat vigil on the walls of Fort Dragonclaw for a fortnight in a blizzard. I am owed my wages plus additional compensation for my lost toes due to frost bite. I will accept shiny transmute stones and some mead.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any chance this can be reconsidered? As you can see many players are very unhappy with this. It just doesn’t make sense.
  • SpazzyKamikaze
    SpazzyKamikaze
    Soul Shriven
    It’s beyond disappointing that so many of us plan ahead, we level up multiple characters to tier 1 to get ready for a new update with a NEW class and they decided to handle a campaign change like this- why and how THIS was the best solution- the one that ultimately screws the player base, is just beyond me. How wasn’t there any forethought that— hey, maybe we should do this change in a way that DOESNT *** off and mess up the players/paying customers…I’m just utterly beyond words- and once again not a drop of communication.
    Edited by SpazzyKamikaze on June 6, 2023 4:14AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if anyone was wondering if we were going to get anything new for Cyrodiil this update, here it goes - we got the shaft.

We got an untradeable style page in IC, that's it.

No one should be surprised at the way PvP is approached by now. The record speaks for itself.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZoS were moving this thread at least move it to the right place - which is Bugs
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp in ps5 is awesome.
    In ps4 it is frustrating.
    Pc is a mix bag, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes frustrating, sometimes its just not happening.
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Oh boy, am glad I did not get necrom just like last chapter :D . This game gets me disappointed in far too many ways. I have no reason to stick around now.. another 10month break, Great!
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Stamina Dragonknight - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Nord Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Nord Stamina Sorcerer - PVP
    Argonian Dragonknight - PVE TANK
    Breton Magicka Nightblade - PVP
    Argonian Magicka Templar - PVE HEALER
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Breton Magicka Templar - PVE DPS
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - PVP
    Nord Stamina Warden - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Warden - PVP
    Orc Stamina Templar - PVP
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer - PVP
    Khajiit Magicka Necro - PVE DPS
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the thread to die instead of giving any substantial response. Classic.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also lessened the ability to bash cancel animations and removed the ability to jump instantly after a streak which were very useful things in PvP.

Gain nothing, lose fun mechanics and rewards, the usual.

In my opinion this should be adressed in another thread, bc thats a big nerf out of the blue....
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Just why, we calculated with a lot of rewards for new character builds and you just extended it? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    800 transmute crystals (16 Tier 1s) just vanished into the ether. Because somebody thought it was a good idea, I guess. And especially bad timing for those who had their Plaguebreak disabled and now need to make new builds for PvE.

Edited by Jaraal on June 6, 2023 10:40AM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the goal was to make people resent putting time and effort into the PvP event, then congratulations, I guess.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

@ZOS_Kevin Alerting you because you were the one asking about forum management. This topic is not just about campaigns. It is about delayed or lost (depending on if the campaign gives extra) Midyear Mayhem rewards (an event) which folks were specifically counting on because of Necrom (a new released we had to purchase with real money) and wanting to use transmutes right away on a new character. Given that this is relevant to the new release, this is a General Discussion topic if ever I saw one.

Also this deserves a direct response from devs. For the record, I'm unhappy about this too. My time is super valuable and having to wait this long for rewards, even if they are double later, means there are things I can't do in the game for another month. Very disappointed. Why was this changed at all? And why wasn't the next campaign made shorter as many suggested?
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Inucham
    Inucham
    i also purchased necrom
    i mostly took necrom to play arca in --> pvp

but now pvp ->not loot for + 1month
    no loot = no funny at all
    no pvp= why having necrom from the starting block ?

you better find a GOOD ways to compensate for the time lost on the starting extention
    I mean there is no other MAJOR problems (great obviusly looking at the previews new extention and dlc patches)
    so you people should have plenty of time to talk about it and find a good way to deal with your error( i mean your are changing refreshes as a suite of the timer reset of all the thing in tamriel from some patches )so that means its you direct action that got ourselfs scamed from the loot.

AND hope i we ll not be left waiting 3 weeks for an answer(cause we know zeni is slower in that matter.

(i would sujest just to divide the campaing timer by 3/4 (or 2/4 if not doable this week ) so we can all have fun witout having to slave ourselfs for transmuts)

"may the moons show us the right path, and if not just go buyaka mode"
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the goal was to make people resent putting time and effort into the PvP event, then congratulations, I guess.

When you realize another PvP event is supposed to happen possibly in the same campaign...
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Would the dev team be able to comment if this was intended or a mistake? Are there plans to revert the change?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Would the dev team be able to comment if this was intended or a mistake? Are there plans to revert the change?

It was clearly announced in the patch notes-- I doubt it's a bug or mistake
    Edited by FantasticFreddie on June 6, 2023 1:24PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reset Timer Changes
    Monthly Leaderboards, Cyrodiil and Tribute campaigns will now reset on the first of each month.
    Cyrodiil Campaigns
    Starting with this update and moving forward, each of the old 30-day Cyrodiil campaigns will default to resetting on the first of the month at the daily reset time.
    As a one-time adjustment, any campaigns which would have reset sometime in June will instead reset on the first of July.

Yeah. It's just lack of respect for PvPers time. Shouldn't surprise anyone well before this point.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, just confirming the timer change was intended, as highlighted in our patch notes. The change is meant to get all timers consistent, with a one-time adjustment to any campaigns which would have reset sometime in June. They will instead reset on the first of July. Again, this reset is meant to get all timers on the same reset schedule. Rewards will be issued out during the next reset as normal.

However, we are passing this feedback on to the dev team so they can evaluate and factor in for any future changes.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was clearly announced in the patch notes-- I doubt it's a bug or mistake

I don't think it is a bug or mistake but might have been an oversight as to the impact.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just confirming the timer change was intended, as highlighted in our patch notes. The change is meant to get all timers consistent, with a one-time adjustment to any campaigns which would have reset sometime in June. They will instead reset on the first of July. Again, this reset is meant to get all timers on the same reset schedule. Rewards will be issued out during the next reset as normal.

However, we are passing this feedback on to the dev team so they can evaluate and factor in for any future changes.

We know it's in the patch notes. We're saying it's a dreadful decision that should have been easily anticipated as a problem.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is not going to be reverted then please at least look into giving double rewards for what is essentially a two month campaign. This decision (without any sort of heads up to the players) takes no account of time invested, no account of the second Whitestrake event that is coming up before this massive campaign ends and it takes no account of all the players who were counting on extra transmutes for their shiny new arcanists.

I know you are only the messenger but this spreadsheet decision makes it blatantly obvious that nobody at ZOS actually plays pvp on the live servers (not that that’s news). The current one should have ended with the chapter release and then just a shorter campaign in June. Just like from now on February will have a shorter campaign.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin Thanks, to echo what the others have commented, I think people are disappointed by the fact the end of the campaign was so close and so players feel a little cheated out of rewards which they were expecting in the next couple of days and are now delayed by a month.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin Thanks, to echo what the others have commented, I think people are disappointed by the fact the end of the campaign was so close and so players feel a little cheated out of rewards which they were expecting in the next couple of days and are now delayed by a month.

The rewards are not delayed for a month, they are gone forever... unless ZOS intends to give out 100 transmutes and 10 jewelry per character, instead of 50 and 5 for the two month period. (Yes, it's costing some of us several million in lost income from gold jewelry as well.) And if they have a change of heart and decide to do that, it would be nice if they would let us know in advance so we can plan ahead.

Edited by Jaraal on June 6, 2023 4:10PM
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not ending the current campaigns as they are supposed to end and instead let the new campaigns run only 3 weeks?

That would have been the way smoother solution.

Current campaigns are flooded with inactive players, who only played on mayhem and are blocking the leaderboards now.
  • spiderlair88646

@ZOS_Kevin I’ve never felt the need to post in the forums before now. [SNIP] everyone who worked hard to get toons into Cyrodiil just for transmutes to use on new Necrom toons? Why did I even bother buying Necrom early [SNIP]? I belong to a large guild and we helped many brand new players level in Cyro for the same reason.

[SNIP]

Please stop treating pvp like we are an afterthought or worse we are NOT considered at all. Seriously, how would you feel if you earned a paycheck and then didn’t receive it? Yeah, that’s over dramatic but ZOS needs to hear us and actually listen.

(The average player doesn’t look at patch notes. There should have been an in game notification full stop)
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on June 7, 2023 10:31PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [SNIP] Like actually - WOW. I can't even believe it.

We need to get Investigator Vale on the scene because this is "The Case of the Stolen Transmutes!"
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on June 7, 2023 10:28PM