Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvprs lost a month of campaign rewards

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Entire PVP guild went mental last night.

Why do you guys constantly shoot yourselves in the foot? I mean come on, are you trying to drive players away?

PCNA
    PCEU
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, if I didn't need to get my Magcro to AR 50 I wouldn't even play this upcoming MYM after all this. Funny though, the reason I want to max out my Magcro so badly is because ZOS hasn't worked on it and it's a frustrating class... [SNIP]

I appreciate your answer @ZOS_Kevin but it didn't answer what some of us, at least me, are mad about... are we getting double rewards (1 for 30 days owed and 1 for a new campaign)? Or did we just "take it" behind the shed?
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on June 7, 2023 10:27PM
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not ending the current campaigns as they are supposed to end and instead let the new campaigns run only 3 weeks?

That would have been the way smoother solution.

Current campaigns are flooded with inactive players, who only played on mayhem and are blocking the leaderboards now.

I'm guessing they did this like this because the campaigns on the console would have had a roughly 7 day campaign between release and month end and they probably didn't care to alter things between the releases.

Still a bad decision on their part. I really could have used this transmutes right now.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that sucks. I was relying on the campaign rewards to make gear for my new arcanist and to gear up for a Sanity's Edge hardmode prog.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just confirming the timer change was intended, as highlighted in our patch notes. The change is meant to get all timers consistent, with a one-time adjustment to any campaigns which would have reset sometime in June. They will instead reset on the first of July. Again, this reset is meant to get all timers on the same reset schedule. Rewards will be issued out during the next reset as normal.

However, we are passing this feedback on to the dev team so they can evaluate and factor in for any future changes.

We know it was intended, but the implementation was extremely bad. We should be compensated for the missed month of rewards. Doubling the end of campaign rewards this time as a one-time compensation for the moved reset would be fair.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All, just confirming the timer change was intended, as highlighted in our patch notes. The change is meant to get all timers consistent, with a one-time adjustment to any campaigns which would have reset sometime in June. They will instead reset on the first of July. Again, this reset is meant to get all timers on the same reset schedule. Rewards will be issued out during the next reset as normal.

However, we are passing this feedback on to the dev team so they can evaluate and factor in for any future changes.

@ZOS_Kevin we know it was intended, and we’re asking what the plan is for the campaign rewards that were skipped due to this decision. There were thousands of characters that worked to get Tier 3 rewards during MYM on the 30 day campaigns scheduled to end in a few days, in anticipation of getting campaign rewards, namely Transmute Crystals, for Necrom. There was no reason to believe that Zeni would pull the rug out from under everyone and say “haha suckers, we’re adding 25 days to the current campaigns, no rewards for anyone.”

Followed by “what’s everyone complaining about? This isn’t a bug, we did this on purpose.”

It underscores how little thought and respect the pvp community gets from the devs.
    Edited by Reverb on June 6, 2023 8:54PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This puts both pvp events into the same 30 day cycle that is now 57days.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not ending the current campaigns as they are supposed to end and instead let the new campaigns run only 3 weeks?

That would have been the way smoother solution.

Current campaigns are flooded with inactive players, who only played on mayhem and are blocking the leaderboards now.

I'm guessing they did this like this because the campaigns on the console would have had a roughly 7 day campaign between release and month end and they probably didn't care to alter things between the releases.

Still a bad decision on their part. I really could have used this transmutes right now.

Honestly, we wouldn't care that much about it being extended by a week. It's not that bad.

The PC extension is ridiculous though. Feel for PC players.
  • afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin with all due respect, "one-time adjustment" was a pretty tone deaf response.

the issue is the previous campaign was almost over. it had like 3 days left. basically, that campaign was 90% done...only to get reset and wiped clean like players didn't the spend time to complete 90% of it.

it's a one-time adjustment, but there were two other ways to handle the adjustment. ending the previous campaign as it had 3 days left (90% complete) anyways; or, double the rewards at the end for this current campaign. since the former has passed, players are looking for the latter.
  • green_grapebird
    green_grapebird
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin Thanks, to echo what the others have commented, I think people are disappointed by the fact the end of the campaign was so close and so players feel a little cheated out of rewards which they were expecting in the next couple of days and are now delayed by a month.

The rewards are not delayed for a month, they are gone forever... unless ZOS intends to give out 100 transmutes and 10 jewelry per character, instead of 50 and 5 for the two month period. (Yes, it's costing some of us several million in lost income from gold jewelry as well.) And if they have a change of heart and decide to do that, it would be nice if they would let us know in advance so we can plan ahead.

Gone forever? seriously?
    my campaign time is at 25 day's but still on teir 1 at end, so you must mean gone forever cause there is a months campaign less? Then yes I totally agree.
    would have saved me a lot of time too past months, very sick in bed, still trying to play moments on my laptop cause I need thoses crystals.
    I'm a dutchie, an introvert person, but I do like to get in contact ingame, just are quickly overwhelmed when too many people are asking or saying things at once.I'm a very sensitive en emphatic person. Eso is my first mmorpg.I used to play only single player like the witcher series, skyrim, assassin's creed, tombraider and such.but after 5 skyrim playthroughs and a successor years away I thought to give Eso a try.You can always message me, I don't always respond very quick, but DO respond when I see I have a message, I'm just not that active on the forum or discord, only when playing with others.
  • green_grapebird
    green_grapebird
    ✭✭✭

So we're all going to miss a months of reward and nobody at ZOS bats an eye. The amount of dislike for PvP is the highest it's ever been.

Not just PvP, they basically disregard everything.....
    conclusion with only just under a year experience...
    I'm a dutchie, an introvert person, but I do like to get in contact ingame, just are quickly overwhelmed when too many people are asking or saying things at once.I'm a very sensitive en emphatic person. Eso is my first mmorpg.I used to play only single player like the witcher series, skyrim, assassin's creed, tombraider and such.but after 5 skyrim playthroughs and a successor years away I thought to give Eso a try.You can always message me, I don't always respond very quick, but DO respond when I see I have a message, I'm just not that active on the forum or discord, only when playing with others.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what total crap. i ran PVP in the event to get transmutes NOW at the start of June, to help make new gear for an arcanist. the existing campaigns should have ENDED a couple of days early, if needed, NOT extended another month!
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a devoted PvP player is starting to feel like an episode of that TV series in the movie Idiocracy. (you know the one I'm talking about)

They also removed the faction health bonus for gaining emp. They are refusing to respond to whether or not this is a bug or on purpose too even after being tagged by at least two posters so far.
  • jmstill911
    jmstill911
    ✭✭
    As a major purchaser of Crowns (probably the largest crown purchaser of the game) I am very disappointed in the way that ZOS handled the reset of the timer for PvP and resulting in me loosing loosing my Campaign rewards and transmute stones. I know the Patch notes said it would reset the timer, but this should not have resulted in loosing our rewards and transmute stones. I think ZOS should at least have provided the rewards and transmute stones for the status as of June 5th. I had worked very hard to get my 18 characters so that they would get their rewards and transmute stones.

Please explain what logic ZOS went through to come to this conclusion.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hi again @ZOS_Kevin and ty for responding.

I hope you don't mind me using this as an example of communication vs. engagement. A response is better than not responding, so there we have communication. But engagement would include acknowledgement that ZOS understands WHY people are upset. This answer is missing that. But we can keep talking here! This is what could be helpful to be addressed in a follow up response:

Did the devs realize that PC folks were basically missing a month of campaign rewards when they decided to do this, or was it an oversight?

If they were aware, can they explain a bit more why they couldn't make it so this would work out better than it has, and why the outcome felt acceptable?

If they weren't aware, could they please consider addressing it in some way, like double rewards as many have suggested?

Yes, we know it was in the patch notes and we know the reason for the change. People are reacting because there was collateral damage with this implementation, and it is unclear, even after your response, whether this was intentional or not. Reading through this thread, I think a lot of people are jumping to "ZOS absolutely knew people would be upset and didn't care" but I'm trying to bring the benefit of the doubt here. It would be a huge step forward if we could get a follow up response addressing this specifically.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • ShawnF
    ShawnF
    ✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    They also removed the faction health bonus for gaining emp. They are refusing to respond to whether or not this is a bug or on purpose too even after being tagged by at least two posters so far.

From the firesong patch notes (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7752926/#Comment_7752926) perhaps this is what you're noticing?

Emperor Scaling in Cyrodiil
    The Health bonus for having an Emperor crowned for your Alliance will now scale depending on how many “home” or “natively owned” Keeps you have controlled by your alliance. For example, if you own all 6 of your home Keeps you’ll get the full bonus as Emperor, but for each of those you don’t own, the health bonus is reduced.

The Emperor Passives also now scale in a similar way to the Alliance wide health bonus. For each of the 6 home Keeps your Alliance owns, the bonus will be up to its full value. For each one that is not owned by your Alliance, the passive benefits are reduced.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of people who consistently put in effort across a campaign who are now receiving nothing for nearly 30 days of play without forewarning.

Additionally, due to the event there's probably people who recently tried out Cyrodiiil or stepped out of their comfort zone to participate in this portion of the game only to be met with this disappointment as well.

There's another part of the base that does play for points/play to win the campaign and put forth effort to do so only to be thrown a wrench in the end of campaign effort that probably has lost morale and motivation.

While perhaps this change is important, it could have been handled better and without essentially taking away rewards and goodwill from this population of the player base, which honestly has already been struggling to feel heard and respected.

Personally, I don't tend to play for the rewards, but this is my favorite part of the game and it's upsetting to see things like this because the population dwindles and I worry about the future of PvP. I hope this can be addressed in a manner that is respectful to the community while still attending to whatever changes devs feel is necessary.
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by Soraka on June 7, 2023 3:09AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People will complain, but it doesn't matter. Blatant disregard for PvP has been going on for years. They talk about fixing performance first and foremost, but every years end is another post about how the next year is the one they fix things. And most have figured it out, but they keep playing anyways, waiting for the next big game that's going to offer the kind of experience that matches Cyrodil scale. And they all flop.

And hey; don't feel bad about it. If enough players really did put their money where their mouth is, it doesn't mean they finally take Cyrodiil PvP seriously. It's just as likely a way to allow them to end it and advance the timeline for the zone into more lore for Pve. In fact; if they're frustrated you're still here pvping in Cyrodiil; it might explain the utter disregard for your satisfaction in how it is handled.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To further add insult to injury ZoS have closed out the multiple threads that started about this, and have shoved this off to Campaigns where it is rarely seen.

To compensate us for all the hard work done during the event to tier characters ZoS could:
    1) Give double rewards when this campaign finally ends. It is nearly 2 months long!
    2) DO NOT run another PVP event with double AP during June so it falls in the current campaign. Wait till this loooong campaign finally finishes.

Of course ideally ZoS would end the current campaign when I was supposed to end, and make the next one a few days shorter to line up the end date with the end of month.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnF wrote: »
    ProudMary wrote: »

From the firesong patch notes (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7752926/#Comment_7752926) perhaps this is what you're noticing?

Emperor Scaling in Cyrodiil
    The Health bonus for having an Emperor crowned for your Alliance will now scale depending on how many “home” or “natively owned” Keeps you have controlled by your alliance. For example, if you own all 6 of your home Keeps you’ll get the full bonus as Emperor, but for each of those you don’t own, the health bonus is reduced.

The Emperor Passives also now scale in a similar way to the Alliance wide health bonus. For each of the 6 home Keeps your Alliance owns, the bonus will be up to its full value. For each one that is not owned by your Alliance, the passive benefits are reduced.

The poster and most of us are well aware of the new mechanic. There was literally zero explanation from the devs why they chose to nerf Emp buffs, but the net result has been even more stagnation, as people realize there's no point to pushing Emp any more except so that someone can get the title. Instead of giving people more motivation to push Emp than an extra 1750 HP, they made it so now your paltry buff can start to be reduced immediately once the enemy starts pushing back. And instead of encouraging alliances to be aggressive, they would rather have us turtle up in home keeps to prevent the faster degradation of the buff. So what we have now is even more people standing around doing nothing than before, and sucking up the already scarce cap spaces from those who actually want to fight.

I challenge anyone at ZOS to explain why they chose to nerf (rather than improve) the Emperor buff. Look at your data of keep turnover per day, and I guarantee that you will see less action now than before the change. Or was that actually your intention? Help us fill the information vacuum.

Edited by Jaraal on June 7, 2023 4:19AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that what happened? I noticed I got no bags of transmute crystals despite gritting my teeth and getting some mayhem done. I really hate the toxic community, and won't go there to be abused. I posted some pics of that people said, and I - Me - got the ban warning. Yeah well.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just noticed this pinned in General.

That is crazy to me. The endeavors, mostly which take little time investment and go towards rewards that can also be purchased with money, get a pinned announcement for a slight inconvenience, but there was no pin alerting everyone that this was coming for PvP, which was a loss to significant time investment and provides rewards for items that cannot be purchased with real money and only obtained by in game play time (transmutes). And it was created back in March.

Definitely losing the benefit of my doubt here. :'(
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I read “one time adjustment” on pts notes previously I (wrongfully) assumed that it would result in two slightly shorter campaigns versus one really long campaign.

How about this @ZOS_Kevin , get with the devs to make a one time adjustment to get double rewards at the end of this super long campaign?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    When I read “one time adjustment” on pts notes previously I (wrongfully) assumed that it would result in two slightly shorter campaigns versus one really long campaign.

How about this @ZOS_Kevin , get with the devs to make a one time adjustment to get double rewards at the end of this super long campaign?

Yes, that was my assumption as well. As all previous campaign changes had been done following that method.

They instead chose the worst possible way to go about it.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we just get a little commentary that acknowledges the player's discomfort and provides a lucrative fix?

Something that says we're human, we hear you and it's just a piece of digital property - so yeah, here's double, plus something for our oversight.

Ez :)
    Edited by StihlReign on June 7, 2023 8:17PM
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • hypatian
    hypatian
    Soul Shriven
    I wanted to chime in that I'm rather upset by this. This is even though I'm a new player (I've only been playing for a few months) and not all that invested in PvP.

I first played PvP during the recent Whitestrake's event, found out about little things like Continuous Assault and getting transmute stones from PvP. I got all of my low-level "maybe I'll play them some day" riding-training alts up into PvP and had some fun and got to rank 1 or more with all of them.

And then... when I was anticipating my *first month's PvP rewards ever*, well. You all know what happened.

Like everyone else, I was looking forward to using them to re-create some set gear and such for my new Arcanist character, because as a new player I really don't have many transmute crystals in the *first* place.

So... ugh. This sucks. A lot. And it would suck even if there *had* been more notice around the change (because I certainly never saw anything prior to the Necrom release. If it was out there somewhere, it was not pointed out nearly loudly enough.)

Anyway... consider this "I am upset enough that I asked for a forum account just so I could post this".
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think we are going to get an answer. All most of us, or at least me, are asking for is a confirmation of how we read the patch notes. Most of us read it as that the rewards we were supposed to get will be moved to the beginning of July and the rewards we get for this new, but extended technically, campaign will come when that ends... at the same time... so double rewards. But, we don't know for sure... it's a vague statement that could be read either way. The answer would be just a simple: "Yes, double rewards." Or "No. No double rewards."

Instead, we get threads shut down, moved to isolation to die off, and ignored. I thought I'd be angrier like I would have been in the past, but... I just don't care anymore, which is probably worse. I even tried to give ZOS the benefit of the doubt, I went looking at Twitter pages thinking maybe they answered there, and even checked Bethesda Support and Reddit... nope. I love the Elder Scrolls series so I will keep playing for as long as I'm having fun but I don't expect anything from ZOS anymore. I even tried to give them the benefit of the doubt for a while on this despite my anger, thinking it'll be double rewards... but... without confirmation who knows.

I hope they answer you all, I'm not checking anymore or coming to these forums. In order to get angry at something you have to care about it and I don't... so I am just taking the game at face value and seeing it for what it is and that's just one of the many games I play... that's it.

• LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering what happened to my transmute geodes for taking 33 characters past 25K AP and missed this thread until somebody kindly pointed me to it.
    So here it is.
    Wow
  • Sundance
    Sundance
    Soul Shriven
    As I see it they've changed the rules of the contest 72 hours before it was to end and in their own favor.

Unless they intended to award qualifying players double at the end of June (since the session was two months long) and simply didn't make that clear in the patch notes.
    -SD-
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This rip off by ZoS is a DAILY ANNOYANCE. I especially grinded all my characters to tier 1 in the event for the transmutes, and now I don’t get any for another month.
    Way to drive people away from PVP ZoS