The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ravenwatch PC EU

• Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    News from the front and some more milestones:
    • Our group of 10 took Glademist and Rayles. Pact could push from Arrius -> Aleswell.
    • At the begin of the evening AD deposed EP EMP at BRK. Three hours later our EMP was installed at Ash again. While AD and DC were fighting for the Alma Ruma scroll at Glademist and Rayles
    • Returning players still fit good in the group.
    • Recruits are welcome
    Edited by Tigor on May 3, 2023 8:03PM
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was nice taking all the scrolls last night, even though it took us about 4 tries to get the first one and then I hid in the keep and took it anyway, once that happened DC must have logged off and we got the rest of the scrolls
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was a bit of a disappointment. DC stacked three coordinated (ball)groups to take keeps and scrolls. Sure, you may have fun but EP and AD players just logged off because it is not fun that the fight is concentrated on one objective at a time and it only involves having to fight one big stack of coordinated (ball)groups. Facing a zerg is one thing, facing a zerg of coordinated (ball)groups takes zerging to another level. I also urge Pact and Dominion (ball)groups to not stack as coordinated (ball)groups because it beats the hell out of the gameplay experience for many players.
    Edited by DTStormfox on May 6, 2023 10:36AM
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    More bullets and milestones after a great evening in Cyrodiil:
    • Bringing the Chim scroll to the temple
    • Deposing DC EMP with the help of AD
    • Installing EP EMP at Roebeck with perfect timing, DC was 1 sec to late at Aleswell
    • Bringing the Ghartok scroll to the temple, after a DC player ran with hot shoes from Ash into the river while chased by EP to accomplish a reset to Warden.
    • Defending EP EMP
    • Defending Chim scroll by taking Milestoned Arrius and Kingscrest

8NdvKBE.gif

GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Last night was a bit of a disappointment. DC stacked three coordinated (ball)groups to take keeps and scrolls. Sure, you may have fun but EP and AD players just logged off because it is not fun that the fight is concentrated on one objective at a time and it only involves having to fight one big stack of coordinated (ball)groups. Facing a zerg is one thing, facing a zerg of coordinated (ball)groups takes zerging to another level. I also urge Pact and Dominion (ball)groups to not stack as coordinated (ball)groups because it beats the hell out of the gameplay experience for many players.

thing is, AD don't have many proper co-ordinated "ball/zerg" groups to deal with this, I'm assuming this is after AD log off 2300 GMT and DC/EP log in to take the map
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »

I honestly don't get why a ballgroup would stack with other ballgroups. It kind of defeats the point of playing one.

In the ballgroup I play on in AD we actively tell other such groups to go somewhere else, because it just removes the challenge and excitement from the fight for both sides.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Today our group had to stay at Arrius and did unintentially pin the DC empress and her followers at the mine, and prevented a stable siege. In the meanwhile Pact and Dominion took the map till Ash was the last inner circle fort. Shortly after Ni-Mohk was taken and depose done. Very successful combined effort after our forced defense. Campaign reset < 48hr. DC will win.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some nice wipes on EP tonight, we took Both DC scrolls thanks to EP taking Glade, and we almost got AD emp but EP got BRK a few seconds before us
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to read that all alliances are having successful moments in Cyrodiil. That makes PvP fun. We from ACE were actually also at Arrius with a handful of players. We didn't get to the mine until later, though, after we had defeated a larger group of reds at the farm.
    I am excited about what the upcoming event will bring and look forward to exciting encounters in Cyrodiil.
    @Sir_Metalheat
    Member of ACE - the Small-scale-Guild of ESO
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall it was a pretty fun campaign. Not as one-sided as some of the previous ones, at least in terms of fights in the evening. I did healing 95% of the time, but with the Templar buffs, I'm planning to play some DD again next patch too.

But first, Mayhem!
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Entertaining, exciting and a lot of switching. Group coordination is essential to prevent failing from overpowered classes. I wish a new shift in balance soon. I will change next campaign from my 75%st/25%ma Necromancer -> 50%st/50%ma Dragonknight (still fine tuning).
    Edited by Tigor on May 10, 2023 10:24AM
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great start to the campaign, AD in first place, we got EMP and all the scrolls, how long this lead will last ? It's good to be on top once again
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That emp run was so clutch. Crowning happened 10 seconds before we lost Aleswell.
    Edited by WaywardArgonian on May 11, 2023 10:02AM
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO BALL OR GO CRY
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    That emp run was so clutch. Crowning happened 10 seconds before we lost Aleswell.

And last night in 1 second
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope RW retains some of its current population after the event. Every night is super fun and full of action atm.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope RW retains some of its current population after the event. Every night is super fun and full of action atm.

Completely agree
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    A real time machine. Login and logout after a few hours loaded with points. Having points is the biggest challenge. But now where to spent it for? Ravenwatch Golden should have no proc items only.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Today a DC ball group was farming and spoiled the whole evening. What a waste. Should be forbidden.
    Edited by Tigor on May 24, 2023 9:03PM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigor wrote: »
    Today a DC ball group was farming and spoiled the whole evening. What a waste. Should be forbidden.

Don't EP guilds work together?

On Ravenwatch I have not seen a DC ballgroup that is strong enough by itself to keep an entire faction down.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    It all happened after retrieving EP scrolls from the AD. There was the guild cooperation. Then that DC ball started to show up at Sejanus, Alessia, BRK, Arrius and Chalman. Running after a ballgroup is very boring in a while, and more a burden then a challenge. We got it down close to the hills SE of Arrius after a critical mass of jointed EP had gathered. But unfortunately then shortly after we ran into it again at Chalman, and players slowly started to logg off.

After the event the population has decreased and Ballgroups are now harder to stop, guild coordination will be more important when suchs groups are in the field. But come on we would rather not see these groups when no counter group is around to handle it swifly.

Yesterday lead to some irritations, that is clear and so be it. We will see if a shift in priority is needed.
    Edited by Tigor on May 25, 2023 4:30PM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    After the wave of AD the first few days post mayhem, yesterday a flood of DC was on the shores of the EP. They came with three ball groups and some tryhards and were exactly timing the high population of the pact.

We had a small group and were totally surprised that actually no support was on hand.

Then it is logical we asked ourselves, 'Did the EP relog to DC, and is the population indication bugged?'. What was going on is a complete mystery? Second accounts maybe? We had three bars as DC.

In the zone chat were no lfg. Only our usual chat warrior, who is mostly standing around in front of gates scouting.

We lost our scrolls and DC made emp. It made me full of fury, normally I am very calm, but now it was not possible any longer. After some ventilation we decided to wait 30 min and hide. We stayed a few hours longer and started to pick up fighters from the zone to combine with our elites.

In the end resulting in three groups. It was as in the old days. DC was getting lesser and lesser. We deposed the DC emp, took our scrolls, Alma Ruma and Ni-Mohk. Turning the map was satisfying after being completely overrun by surprise. That is what Ravenwatch is like, where no alliance lock is keeping players faction bound. Wave after wave and sometimes counting to 10.

829adbf2664a16e23e7a9ea6463b4243.png

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Population bars are quite unreliable. The difference between 2 and 3 bars might be hardly noticeable at times. There's also multiple groups who run on both EP or DC side depending on the night. From AD perspective EP often seems very populated and stacked though.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Cross Alliance groups. What shall I say? Not our cookie? No sympaties, maybe honorless or oppertunistic. Can't stop them,
    and also contributes to the volatility in the populations.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now Friday 4pm est, i am no longer able to HA on my staff and abilities were just not firing. but only on that bar... bizarre
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    More and more Arcanists appearing in our beloved campaign. The green effects are starting to make me dizzy. Also not easy to differentiate healing any longer. Someone got a solution for that? Maybe changing colors in the options will work that out.
    Edited by Tigor on June 10, 2023 6:55AM
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a lot of BS tonight, Stam Sorcs just nuking you down in a second before you even have the chance to do anything, even if you attack them first
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes I notice the stamsorcs... is there a new set or a new exploit because I was getting one shot on a 32K health toon that was not getting one shot 2 weeks ago.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    yes I notice the stamsorcs... is there a new set or a new exploit because I was getting one shot on a 32K health toon that was not getting one shot 2 weeks ago.

Sorcs now get Minor Berserk and Minor Force. Order's Wrath also works properly now on no-CP so that might explain the increase in damage.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    In order to differentiate the green from Arcanists I changed the setting in gameplay -> combat -> friendly color to yellow. Gives bit more tranquility.