The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ravenwatch PC EU

blktauna
blktauna
✭✭✭✭✭
A goup of 10 taking an empty outpost with no one around lagged everyone out so hard the guards nearly killed everyone. No skills went off, people were sliding all over the floor, guards were blinking in and out of existence... This is just unacceptable.

I just left as it was too frustrating to even try to work around.
PCNA
PCEU
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Lag is used as an eminent feature by some groups or individual players. It is putting a lot of stress on other players and gives a real war experience in that context. It is only a pity that they play also on this campaign, as everyone should be capable to use skills and spells and be included.

Our small group is fighting bravely and goes for strategic key points to win the war and has clear objectives, and is a small part to make that possible. Lag is always around and needs to be circumvented as much as possible. It is often a gamble those groups/players will show up and make the plan fail. The big picture of a campaign is then on another area of the map and can still be won that way. Then I talk about sacrifices to keep stress away from those same key points.
    Edited by Tigor on March 12, 2023 4:55AM
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the normal procedure but literally all skills did not fire. Nothing. Hence the empty keep on the other side of the map to the action. I couldn't even mount, I just slid along the floor. I can't see any point in enduring that.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    I got your point and I believe we all have experienced these situations. Lets hope it will not happen to often. Choosing the shortest straw without valid reasons can be very stressful. Restarting the game is sometimes the best option in these circumstances. The game makers have surely knowledge of this and will likely come with the same solution.
    Edited by Tigor on March 12, 2023 5:24PM
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it during prime time? If the server is busy it usually doesn't really matter where you are on the map; you can even experience skill delay when you're at your home base. During these periods, NPCs can for some reason make you lag out even harder than player groups.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was not yet primetime, as I expect this nonsense at primetime and I'd only just logged in to join my guild.

I know what it's like bu I just wanted to commiserate with other on the annoyance and aggravation.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    A goup of 10 taking an empty outpost with no one around lagged everyone out so hard the guards nearly killed everyone. No skills went off, people were sliding all over the floor, guards were blinking in and out of existence... This is just unacceptable.

I just left as it was too frustrating to even try to work around.

Let me guess, DC lagged you out ?
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no, I am on DC there. The guards wiped us then yellow flooded in about 2 minutes later. For the initial encounter at least. The wipe was a shock as our group is fairly experienced. It was as if nothing actually hit them.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone explain me why we always need 10 players to kill 1 blue? They might have emp buffs, but I believe something stinks here anyway.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank trolls are a thing now. There's a few AD we have to do the same thing for. I just keep a running list of names and when I come across one I call it out to group to avoid them and we move on.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Then I see many of those so called tank trolls on all classes doing line of sight avoidance with an abundancy of resources and can do fast sprint, are not susseptable to fear nor immobilisation and stun e.g. They seem to have a surplus in health and can still a do lot of damage. It can't be only sets, buffs or campaign boneses. How is it working?

Avoiding those in a pvp environment, never. Why would people cheat? They want to make a difference and are constantly finding ways to do so.
    Edited by Tigor on March 17, 2023 4:56PM
  • Torzaman
    Torzaman
    ✭✭
    The thing is that ZoZ making the game to a single or ballgroup game. Why not just get back to different rolls for chars, Healers, Tanks, and Dps, so you can make a group of different playstyles, for a desent group. I have say it befor, the Epic Battles times is past. For now its a Single player Game, with some Ballers running round i towers. Then for builds, i dont know how they do it, but it is frustrating whith almost unkillable players. Maby they just Good players, i have not figured it out yet, and maby i never will ;)
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torzaman wrote: »
    The thing is that ZoZ making the game to a single or ballgroup game. Why not just get back to different rolls for chars, Healers, Tanks, and Dps, so you can make a group of different playstyles, for a desent group. I have say it befor, the Epic Battles times is past. For now its a Single player Game, with some Ballers running round i towers. Then for builds, i dont know how they do it, but it is frustrating whith almost unkillable players. Maby they just Good players, i have not figured it out yet, and maby i never will ;)

Blood Mist combined with Dodge Roll/ Block. Old rule: Don't be in melee range with a Vamp/ DK.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Currently the best server on the market would also reduce lag. One making the performance for everyone acceptable no matter what playstyle, moment, population or situation. This would only be temporally and gives no (guar)antees that after a while such a server would be outdated again, if not a well scheduled and executed maintenance plan would be in place.

But then there are still builds that more cheesy than others. Whatever cheesy means it then often stinks. But that is life.
    Edited by Tigor on March 21, 2023 8:22AM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's that new set " Aura of Enduring Lag". Was anyone in your group wearing that? Five piece bonus of causing anyone within 5 inches of you to lag out.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag in Ravenwatch is definitely worse as of this campaign. Might have to do with the giant faction stacks everywhere but it's definitely losing its footing as the campaign you go to for a relatively good server performance.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Soon I will have my fourth grand overlord. Never made emperor. Full time job. But still a had a good time in Cyrodiil. All those players I met. Fantastic! Nice to meet you all.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Lets play today and hope for lagacy and vodka. We are still in the process of training and growing after our break of 1.5 years. Amazingly old members are also coming back home and they easily fit in the group. Pact is in the winning mood. Lets balance the conflicts out and nutralise plans.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of group is Decimation Elite? I remember briefly running into you at Bleakers when we were figuring out a new group set-up.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigor wrote: »
    Lets play today and hope for lagacy and vodka.

Oh yeah, Lagacy taking Chalman and staying there while Vodka try and troll with Scroll and get run over from Light's
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of group is Decimation Elite? I remember briefly running into you at Bleakers when we were figuring out a new group set-up.

Briefly.
    We are a group that connects lines and gains territory. Founded in 2014 and survived different era's of leadership. Historically well known for large scale battles and bringing many emperors at reign. Tactical and strategic experience and making a difference in sharing knowledge. In the past proven to be capable of running multiple 24 sized groups. But nowadays smaller and consisting of pvp lovers guiding players into the world of eso and training basics to stay alive in Cyrodiil for the loyalty of the pact.

We are an "Easy company". A group of helpful players and always open for new challenges with different approaches to win, and stop opposition. To achieve this we believe in keeping an original identity of the guild that is constantly changing by new players, and where there is no room of boredom.
    Edited by Tigor on March 30, 2023 8:21AM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    After the hardware update the performance really has improved. The lag has Vanished and single target skills are working again.

Therefore a well deserved compliment to ZOS and others responsible for making that happen!

Lets look forward and have a great time again. Today was an example of how the different factions could balance each other out, as even the hard to tackle meta builds could be fought. Although it took some time and resources our group was performing well and taking outposts and keeps as back in the old days.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTWyh7e.png

The big faction-wide fighting went on until after midnight yesterday. Usually it's dead after 11, so it was nice to have so much to do.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Surely a very active campaign in the evenings. A flood of DC prevented us from having a victory after a long and good defense. We are still growing and recruiting.
    Edited by Tigor on April 20, 2023 10:00PM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaign feels kind of dead as of late tbh. Many AD went Blackreach. On Wednesday it was active for maybe 1-2 hours in prime time before it went back to being a lot of PvDoor. On Monday we didn't encounter any DC for literally 2 hours.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Milestone reached. Full group elites today. Taking Ni-Mohk and Alma Ruma from the temples and transported to Arrius and Farragut. Thanks for the support: Kingsman, Mother of Storms, and others. Good coordination is half the job.
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL
    @Sir_Metalheat
    Member of ACE - the Small-scale-Guild of ESO
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milestone reahced. Smallscale full of Aces today. Decimated some "Elites" at Rayles. Thanks for the support: RDK and others. Good coordination is half the job.
    @Sir_Metalheat
    Member of ACE - the Small-scale-Guild of ESO
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Today we have been compromised but will stand stronger tomorrow. Campaign starts to recognise us and elites will pull the longer straw in the end. Up to the next milestone.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milestone reahced. Smallscale full of Aces today. Decimated some "Elites" at Rayles. Thanks for the support: RDK and others. Good coordination is half the job.

Section 2.3 of the Code of Condunct, and I cite:
    "We do not tolerate discussion that is created for the purpose of "naming-and-shaming" other users. "Naming-and-shaming" is the act of creating a discussion to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming."
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice fights again tonight. Lots of EP were on.