The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BeWare94 wrote: »
    If it was working when they turned it on they would’ve kept the feature on if they felt like it.

It was working fine when they briefly turned it on, as I was able to get a x15 pack via gold/crown exchange. I wish they'd give us more info on what the problem is and why there's inconsistency across platforms.
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    My questions that have not been answered for the last two months:
    What is causing this bug? What in the code? Or policy? Or legality?
    What *specific* progress has been made in ending it?
    Are you going to bring back any crates that were missed?

I am sorry to mega-ping workers who are likely just as frustrated as I am. However, the folks we have previously pinged with these questions either chose not to answer or were unable to. (I was originally going to ping any account named "ZOS_[namehere].)"

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Icy @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Lunar @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Kraken @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Anyone
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a suggestion. Now that we know crate gifting can be turned on and off. Why not turn it on for the weekend. I was able to receive gifted crates when it was on yesterday with no ill effect. This would go a long way at reducing the frustration we are all feeling at this point. And it would be an amazing gesture on ZOS's part.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of how they turned things off in New World. I bet there's some sort duplication bug or exploit with gifting crown crates so they turned it off, they turned it on briefly to test a fix and the fix didn't work, so now we're back at square one. They can't go into detail with exploits otherwise people would do them. If there wasn't an exploit they could intentionally leave it on, they wouldn't turn it on briefly if they weren't trying.

Tho I agree better communication was needed in this instance. From the getgo they should have said theres an exploit with crown crate gifting so its getting turned off for several months til the team fixes it. They also need to get with the marketing team and figure out a make good for all of the crate seasons that were missed. A lot of people typically buy a pack of 15 or two with gold every time they come out. Zos let us spend someone else's money on you lol.
    Edited by SimonThesis on April 28, 2023 7:44PM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of how they turned things off in New World. I bet there's some sort duplication bug or exploit with gifting crown crates so they turned it off, they turned it on briefly to test a fix and the fix didn't work, so now we're back at square one. They can't go into detail with exploits otherwise people would do them. If there wasn't an exploit they could intentionally leave it on, they wouldn't turn it on briefly if they weren't trying.

Tho I agree better communication was needed in this instance. From the getgo they should have said theres an exploit with crown crate gifting so its getting turned off for several months til the team fixes it. They also need to get with the marketing team and figure out a make good for all of the crate seasons that were missed. A lot of people typically buy a pack of 15 or two with gold every time they come out. Zos let us spend someone else's money on you lol.

ya but not for this amount of time. Plus i what are the chances that whatever the issue is, its not happening on every other server or at least eu? Im sure it would be. And now we know it can just be turned on and off so its not just a bug that popped up that caused them to literally not be giftable.

They turned it off for some reason, and clearly they dont want to say why. I just find it verrrrry strange they didnt disable it on every other platform or at the very least EU. It almost makes me think they are testing something and na is the testing pool. And thats not a conspiracy theory thats just harmless speculation. Its just a very strange situation all around, mostly because of how long its been going on.
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    almost May and another crate will come back...
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    Its clear ZOS is just inept to fix the issue. There is no shady reason for disabling it. They know this is bad for the business.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i will always be amazed how Zos and Bethesda continue to find new ways to damage player trust.

"accidentally" turning back on a feature that has been disabled due to a supposed bug is a new one.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. As some of you have pointed out, gifting was briefly turned back on for PC NA while we were doing some testing. It was not intentional to remain on and has since been disabled again. We'll let everyone know when gifting is back on and officially available for everyone.

Thanks for letting us know.

While I get the impression you've moved on from the conversation, can't help but feel we're not getting full story here. Again, this feels like yet another opportunity where you guys could've stepped up the engagement and didn't.

How does ZOS accidentally turn on a feature with a "bug"? Especially when it's on the most monetized feature of the game. Way more engagement would've been warranted here. What's the actual issue they're testing for here?

Also, there's a few items waiting for your reply that seem to have fallen to the wayside:
    1. Combat bugs
    2. Thread moving
    3. Skyshard hints
    Edited by Destai on May 1, 2023 2:57PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soupy twist
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i will always be amazed how Zos and Bethesda continue to find new ways to damage player trust.

"accidentally" turning back on a feature that has been disabled due to a supposed bug is a new one.

It did cause a few eyebrow raises here and there, yes.

:frowning:
    Edited by ApoAlaia on May 2, 2023 7:44AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi Zos, this is how I feel. Thanks

WfI54RT.png
    Edited by WiseSky on May 2, 2023 1:10PM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been two months now. Why hasn't ZOS re-enabled crown crate gifting yet?
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update's coming tomorrow y'all
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭

we hope anyways

x to doubt
  • wolfcrisp
    wolfcrisp
    ✭✭
    Arictheana wrote: »

we hope anyways

x to doubt

Can't wait for tomorrow so we can hear that they are working on it and the cycle starts over again

Hope they make me swallow my words lol
    Edited by wolfcrisp on May 3, 2023 6:01AM
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    3th May
    06:42 EDT
    PC-EU
    still no gift option
  • Talln
    Talln
    Interesting lol, they accidentally re-enabled the option that has been "bugged and broken". Almost like this entire time, it has just been TURNED OFF as people have said repeatedly. A bug does not get "accidentally re-enabled and then disabled" after two months' time. And the gullible people here still eating it up that maybe it's all just a coincidence lmfao, these devs could literally tell you guys straight to your face they are scamming and ripping you off and the players would STILL question it & be unsure about it LMFAO. This 'bug' will never be fixed and people will STILL be in here asking 'What happened to it guys? surely they must have fixed the bug by now right?' Maybe someday you'll finally realize - but from the amount of incorrigible/naive people I've seen in this thread I doubt yall ever will.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the block bug occurred with U36, I was patient and waited for a fix.
    When there were problems with the group finder, I was patient and waited for a fix.
    Even with the broken Crown Crate gifting, I am patient and waiting for a fix.

Lashing out against the community team, moderators, developers or the game leads is not the right way to get answers for many ongoing issues. I really would suggest being calm with these kinds of problems and wait patiently for any update that Kevin, Gina or Jess can deliver.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin update?
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    When there were problems with the group finder, I was patient and waited for a fix.

Lashing out against the community team, moderators, developers or the game leads is not the right way to get answers for many ongoing issues. I really would suggest being calm with these kinds of problems and wait patiently for any update that Kevin, Gina or Jess can deliver.

Okay, but counterpoint - we're on our third iteration of block bug
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the "bug" that people are using in game gold to trade for crown crates? Or is there an actual bug that needs fixed so that crown crates can be gifted again? If the bean counters at ZOS have decided they just don't want people to be able to trade in game gold for crown crates then they should be open and tell us that's what the issue is.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talln wrote: »

And this is exactly why none of the problems you listed have been fixed! The third iteration of the block bug, an ongoing 'bug' which was disabling crown crate gifting for the past 2 months. Group finder is still terrible and takes absolutely forever to find any meaningful group for any dungeon. Doing nothing but blindly listening to developers BS will NEVER get your problem fixed. The ONLY TIME eso devs actually listened to their community and fixed a bug was when EVERYONE PROTESTED by canceling their eso subscriptions and not spending ANY money on the game. And guess what?? It was IMMEDIATELY fixed! Blindly gargling the dev's balls and believing any horse**** they tell you will always end in the same result. No matter how many ways people prove it to you, you'll still be blindly listening to the devs who give you zero information on the "bug" at hand nor any of their efforts towards "fixing" it. It's honestly beyond sad, cannot tell if you are another dev on an alt account or just a truly incorrigible person.

Let's not forget the CC break animation bug, which they've completely ignored this entire patch. Said they had a fix for April 11th, didn't fix it, and won't even ackwoledge the thread anymore.

Fixed it on the PTS but not live, which implies an entire patch with a broken break free since they can't be bothered to release the fix on live.

I don't really get how people defend them at this point. They made these cushy statements in January about how they would do better with both fixing issues and communication, but have literally done nothing but the opposite of that since then. Every aspect of the game is experiencing issues, some very severe, and all we get are the forum drones telling us how "they're aware of the problem" over and over again endlessly.

** I'm not trying to attack Kevin or Gina, because I'm sure they're both well intentioned, but at a certain point if they're the only people that interact with us, how can we assign blame elsewhere?

Would be great to see some actual accountability from the combat developers or studio heads.
    Edited by React on May 3, 2023 4:08PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, yes the devs individually are human and deserve to be treated respectfully.

But at the end of the day, these are not friends, family, or volunteers laboring over this game out of the goodness of their hearts. Zenimax is a huge corporation, owned by MICROSOFT and we're customers who paid for a product. That product should function as expected. There is also a history here of poor communication and issues not being addressed in a timely manner.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bringing problems to the devs' attention and continually pushing them to address those problems and to improve their communication.

Of course I wouldn't advocate being disrespectful in going about doing this, but IMHO sitting back and waiting patiently isn't effective - it just allows issues to be swept under the rug, pushed on the back burner, and forgotten. We have every right to hold the *company* accountable for the quality of its product. (Though again, I recommend trying to do so respectfully!).
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on May 3, 2023 4:33PM
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    yeah 2 months to the date now, @ZOS_Kevin promised an update today so lets see what is said.

A large portion of the game isnt buying the crates because they only used gold. If they just wanna shut off crate gifting, they should just tell us instead of saying its a bug. obv they flipped it on and off again so assuming theres some sort of exploit.

However, as a purchaser of their product, they owe us at least more clarity than what has been given.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we have an update on Crown Crate gifting. Currently, the team is working on testing a few more fixes to address the issues going on with Crown Crate gifting. These tests will take a few days to complete and review. We will follow back up on Wednesday, May 3, with an update on where we are regarding a fix. As always, thank you for your patience regarding this topic.

May 3 @ZOS_Kevin
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lashing out against the community team, moderators, developers or the game leads is not the right way to get answers for many ongoing issues.

You mean to those people who literally get paid to communicate with us? We can't be too demanding about updates on a bug that *double checks* has been there for 2 months? Is that what you're saying?

The same people that have promised better communication for years and years (you can even read more about that on the forum)? Although I do have to admit that since Kevin joined it's a lot better, but let's not pretend we're friends here. ZOS runs a business. It's not wrong to have expectations, especially when promises are made and weird stunts like quietly enabling and disabling it again. I'm not telling you the fault has to be within the community team, but it is their job to manage communications from and to the playerbase (that's us and this is the platform we can share our thoughts). I don't care if that means being more strict to their own team or to the actual developers, but let's not pretend communication is something above their paygrade. It's literally their job. Nothing more, but also nothing less.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
  • KENDALLPOP
    KENDALLPOP
    ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.