The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any news? Even if you say "it will be fixed before the ragebound crates are removed" that would be a good enough ETA for now, at least for me, until you guys have a specific date for the fix
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to buy cosmetics through gambling with gold was the only thing that made that disgusting and exploitative system bearable.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    ETA
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing that would make me okay with removing gifting, is a in-game gold-crown transfer system.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    61K views on this topic. Its clearly important. The bug has been almost 2 months now. never seen this happen before with the crown store. especially the lack of transparency, simply saying 2 weeks every 2 weeks isnt true or working. @ZOS_Kevin come on man I hate to tag you but you part of the community team and they need to either give you better info or youre going to get tagged repeatedly over and over by all people worried.
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    oversleeps wrote: »
    ETA

ETA is 5 days negative
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we have an update on Crown Crate gifting. Currently, the team is working on testing a few more fixes to address the issues going on with Crown Crate gifting. These tests will take a few days to complete and review. We will follow back up on Wednesday, May 3, with an update on where we are regarding a fix. As always, thank you for your patience regarding this topic.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping it's resolved before the current quarter's crates are cycled out :/.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we have an update on Crown Crate gifting. Currently, the team is working on testing a few more fixes to address the issues going on with Crown Crate gifting. These tests will take a few days to complete and review. We will follow back up on Wednesday, May 3, with an update on where we are regarding a fix. As always, thank you for your patience regarding this topic.

Thanks for the info, please, fix that as soon as you guys can, crates are as addictive as skooma, I'm starting to get the shakes without them.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 days before we get another update. Not a fix; just an update regarding the fix. Yeesh. That's a really delayed response overall. Best of luck to the team.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Apology I hope to see the Nightfall crate and 2 other return crates be shown on the month of May.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god, I forgot that 2023 was supposed to be ESO's "Year of Quality"

I'm dying XD
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Any update on whether the limited time crates that came and went during this bug will be made available again after the fix?
    Edited by RevJJ on April 26, 2023 2:36AM
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Apology I hope to see the Nightfall crate and 2 other return crates be shown on the month of May.

the best they can offer is a reskinned pet
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    As an apology, they could send us a bundle of 8 crates from each of the ones we lost. So far:

. Stonelore
    . Akaviri
    . Gloomspore
    . Ayleid
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    The theory that players are buying all the crowns with their own rl money now just doesn't make a lot of sense. Yeah there might be some who do that due to the addictive nature of gambling and all that, but there are so many who aren't and won't - can't - do that.

I haven't bought any ragebound crates, the bundle included, and i won't buy any unless i can buy them with gold. I will cope with not having the polymorph, i had enough time to come to terms with it.
    I really hope they will have the time to bring back gifting in Q3, and if they don't... I really enjoy crates, i love mounts & other cosmetics, i don't think i will enjoy the game much with all the stuff that they continue to show you in the store if i am not able to afford it, so i will likely stop playing this game and play something else. I haven't bought necrom yet and i don't think i will if this doesn't change.
    The biggest issue is still the communication tho
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People here are (justifiably) outraged that two months have passed without this issue being resolved, and with no ETA in sight.

Now just imagine you're a pvp player who has been waiting for performance improvements going on 6 years now.. or a pvp player waiting on new content for the past four and a half years..

Perhaps now we can be united in our disappointment :wink:
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    People here are (justifiably) outraged that two months have passed without this issue being resolved, and with no ETA in sight.

Now just imagine you're a pvp player who has been waiting for performance improvements going on 6 years now.. or a pvp player waiting on new content for the past four and a half years..

Now, imagine you are both a pvp player and gold to crowns to scam crates enjoyer...
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    This date is just to give more information, not to release an update that solves the problem, my God, what has ZOS become..... :s:s:s:s:s:s:s:s
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    React wrote: »

the truth is that nobody cares about PVP, we just want our boxes back
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know we aren't supposed to talk about conspiracies, but man the longer this goes on the more it makes folk question stuff. Any other time, stuff would have been fixed by now, especially the crown store.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a concrete date they will be deploying the fix, and not an upcoming update, but I do appreciate the communication at least. If they feel like making it up to the community it would be great if they returned all crate seasons back-to-back after the fix, that would be a nice gesture.
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed a few posts from this thread as they violated our rules regarding conspiracy theories and discussing disciplinary action. We understand that everyone has their own opinions that they want to express, especially around ongoing issues, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

Best regards,
    ZOS_Phoenix
    Staff Post
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    (previous rundown removed, updated version later in thread as of 5/5)

Edited by muscle_witch on May 5, 2023 6:09PM
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, Gifting crates is back!!!! Go get them!!!!
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that it wasn’t fixed with maintenance but with the crown store update. Must have been a very odd bug.
    Edited by RevJJ on April 27, 2023 2:14PM
  • Elrender
    Elrender
    ✭✭✭
    dont see any option for gifting in game, proof that im wrong with screenshots
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, this is what I see:

See post below.
    Edited by PDarkBHood on April 27, 2023 3:09PM
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭

I am on PC/NA

someone posted that EU may not see the gifting option

Edited by PDarkBHood on April 27, 2023 3:10PM