The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine the sale of Ragebound Crates will be impacted while gifting isn't available. Hope the fix comes soon.

I have often gifted crates as an incentive / prize in my guild, something I obviously can't do right now.

Frustrating !
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on conspiracy theories and bashing. We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine the sale of Ragebound Crates will be impacted while gifting isn't available. Hope the fix comes soon.

I have often gifted crates as an incentive / prize in my guild, something I obviously can't do right now.

Frustrating !

OOOOOOOOOO, yea. Lots of guilds have Crates on back-log as incentives and/or auctions. I know of more than a few guilds who have nearly a hundred thousand Crowns waiting to be purchased as soon as gifting resumes.
  • Elrender
    Elrender
    ✭✭✭
    "ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 30, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)"

Let's hope this brings a fix to the issue

today march 30 and still no fix
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrender wrote: »
    "ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 30, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)"

Let's hope this brings a fix to the issue

today march 30 and still no fix

its still in progress
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crates are still broken after the fix was done.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's disappointing.
  • BeWare94
    BeWare94
    ✭✭
    Yall thought they were going to fix it?
  • thechiefisback
    thechiefisback
    ✭✭✭
    BeWare94 wrote: »
    Yall thought they were going to fix it?

Yes. They are losing money if they don't fix it.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We checked in with the team this morning and they are still working out the bug here. We understand this is frustrating, especially with a new crate. They are hoping to have this resolved soon, but once we get a solid ETA, we will let everyone know.

Will that ETA be at least earlier than the expansion release date?
  • Razorruk
    Razorruk
    ✭✭✭
    Rare ZOS win: designing awesome Radiant Apex Mount rewards.

Also ZOS: not fixing bug prohibiting purchase of gifting of said rewards.

Lol.
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have enough gems left, hope it could be fixed before the ayleid crates leave.
  • CyberSpektre
    CyberSpektre
    ✭✭
    Any update on this?
  • POG4LIFE
    POG4LIFE
    ✭✭
    Talln wrote: »
    The functionality for crate gifting DOES NOT simply disappear. This is absolutely ludicrous, problem has been in effect for over a month now and not an inkling of work has been done to fix anything. The functionality for gifting doesn't simply disappear for one store item, it makes no sense. Then earlier crown crates go on sale in the crown store as well earlier yesterday?? Now they're still adding more crown crate options for people to buy WITHOUT gifting. This is such a joke. There is no conspiracy, its the truth staring you in the face and you can't stand it. Keep removing peoples post for expressing the literal truth, such a joke of a forum and development team. The third "crown store fix" this month and the problem still persists, they have disabled crown gifting to test data on how many people will actually ONLY buy crown crates for themselves. Thats why they keep releasing more and more crown crate deals while gifting is disabled. They want to see just how much money they can actually squeeze out of their players, its beyond disgusting.

I feel like this one could be removed....
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adding my voice to those hoping for an update on when this will be fixed. A friend wanted to gift me the current bundle and was going to top up his crowns to do so, so that's one lost sale due to this.

We even looked at alternatives like whether he could gift or buy crowns for me so I could get it, but there's no way to gift crowns and no 8k crown bundle to buy either (which takes us into the slightly off topic issue of unexpectedly locking a very desired poly behind such a pricey bundle after you know full well people will have decided they want it and expect to be able to use gems to get it!).
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    Any new info?
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    waiting for news...
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be fixed ASAP. Same with the bug where you can't get gems for certain duplicates in ragebound.
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Any update?
  • DocWhoLaughs
    DocWhoLaughs
    Soul Shriven
    We will get an update once they’re done collecting data on how many people were still buying crowns without the gifting option.
  • popshotbrob14_ESO
    We sure love being left in the dark.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    in 2 days itll be a month long bug
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    oversleeps wrote: »
    in 2 days itll be a month long bug

I'll remember to wish it a happy 1 month anniversary. Maybe we will get a guar pet.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    We will get an update once they’re done collecting data on how many people were still buying crowns without the gifting option.

Yeah, thinking the same thing! We are all part of this scientific experiment! Thinking of Monty Python 'the meaning of life': "I'm afraid I have no choice but to sell you all for scientific experiments."

That's how I feel...

I bought the 25 crates, plus the polymorph, but NO more until gifting returns!
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    This whole problem started with a maintenance in PC. Now I'm keeping an eye out in every possible maintenance in PC in hopes that fix the issue lol
    Edited by EmperorRemanIV on April 2, 2023 3:13AM
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • AlmaPerdido
    AlmaPerdido
    Soul Shriven
    is there an update from ZOS about gifting on pc please? hearing things that people have been able to on console, though sure how accurate these claims are
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    is there an update from ZOS about gifting on pc please? hearing things that people have been able to on console, though sure how accurate these claims are

It was never broken on console.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    any news please? @ZOS_Kevin
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it's now coming up to a month of being unable to do this. Like... What is going on? Not even a source of revenue is enough for the team to fix something.

Q3 is not going to look anywhere near as good as they are trying to paint it to be, unless they're able to not introduce more bugs like they always do. If they fix the many combat bugs (stuck in combat, animation glitches, CC crap, ANOTHER block bug), the mail system which never loads anymore, and don't introduce bugs that include breaking the crown store, core mechanics not needing to be rolled back because of a several month's long bug, then that's a success. But with how even the crown store is affected, I'm at a loss. What is happening? How is this at ALL acceptable of a company? So frustrating.
  • Papasears1982
    Papasears1982
    ✭✭
    So are we getting a fix or.......
This discussion has been closed.