The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We wanted to provide an update on the issue where Crown Crates are not currently giftable in-game on PC. We have identified the issue and are working on a fix that we hope to roll out in the next couple weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience. Once we have a date for the fix, or if it will take longer than a couple weeks, we will let you know.

Now this is a really good feedback! Thanks a lot @ZOS_Kevin ! By the way, would it be possible to explain to us what the issue was exactly? A coding error or something else?
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome News!!
  • Papasears1982
    Papasears1982
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone! We are aware and investigating. Thank you.

is there any update on the gifting of crates for PC yet.....?
  • Elrender
    Elrender
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We wanted to provide an update on the issue where Crown Crates are not currently giftable in-game on PC. We have identified the issue and are working on a fix that we hope to roll out in the next couple weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience. Once we have a date for the fix, or if it will take longer than a couple weeks, we will let you know.

Can you please tell us will you extend Crown crates that already going now, so we can gift Ragebound crates when you fix the bug. And what about crown crates that were before, i mean Gloomspore crates that was avaiable for only 7 day period and was unable to gift because of your bug.
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    any update?
  • Calaindo1234
    yeah it would be great for the gloomspoore and even the stonelore crates to come Back soon for a limited time. A lot of us wanted to Gift some crates but werent able to do so, since gifting was bugged for almost a month.
    Edited by Calaindo1234 on April 10, 2023 12:15PM
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    euKsJd0.png

Couldn't have chosen a better picture for this message :smile:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • BeWare94
    BeWare94
    ✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    euKsJd0.png

They don’t value us or our time or the resources we provide to even play this game. It’s disrespectful.
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does patch tomorrow fix?
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't said it will so at a guess no.

But we will find out in less than 24 hours.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you really throwing in our face this gifting promotion ??

I think this could not be more tactless and it shows unfortunatly and definitly the few care you have of us.

Not only you never answered about delaying the crates timing or if you ever planned to do something, but now this!

Its really sad to say the least

My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Just so that most people are aware... GIFTING was not totally removed from PC crowns store. The only thing you COULDN'T gift were crates. You can still gift tickets, DLC, furniture and other items.

I do find it kind of sus that it was only crates effected by this, but coding is funny that way. I do think they should bring back the last couple of crates for a while for PC users or comp us some free crates, but I don't see ZOS giving out free crates for something like this.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    euKsJd0.png

This was GIVING/GIFTING event tickets (5) to then get back 4 crates at the end of the event. Not gifting crates.
    Does no one read promo details?
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    not fixed with this patch either....
  • DocWhoLaughs
    DocWhoLaughs
    Soul Shriven
    Of course they didn’t fix it, they said they would let us know when they had a patch date and it could take up to a couple of weeks……….. people still think it’s a bug lol….
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a month.
    When will this be fixed?
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    may i say when pigs fly :P:P

but, seriously, they already answered some days ago, and told us in a couple of weeks .... so lets hope that June will fix that for good :)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone curious why it's specifically crates that can't be gifted? Everything else works and we still get crates from drops. It all functions the same once it's on the player's account. ZOS has given no info besides a statement that is akin to 'We might have it fixed soon'. There's been no info on how it got broken or what the issue actually is. If anything, it's like they purposely changed it so they can analyze the data of how it affects things.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @Franckh it was bugged long before new crates
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    If it was bugged right when they released the new crates, the uproar would be extreme and people would be suspicious about the timing.

The fact that they literally have a gifting promotion of event tickets and you get crown crates in return but directly trying to gift crown crates is 'broken' doesn't seem odd at all?
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it has something to do with being able to gift crates to people in other parts of the world where lootboxes are banned. But then why is it okay on PS4 and XBox... No idea why that would be, but that is the only thing I can think of that makes crates different from everything else in the store. And why it might only be a gifting issue with crates specifically.

But again, no idea how any of that legal stuff works.

It just seem like a long time for this to only be a bug.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • POG4LIFE
    POG4LIFE
    ✭✭
    People: If block was in the crown store they'd fix it because ZOS only fixes crown store issues.
    Same people: We can't gift crates?!?! This must be an attack on our entire being! They ONLY told us that it's a very complicated issue and it'll be a few weeks. LET'S REVOLT!!!

Side note: Yes, crates haven't been able to be gifted on PC. PS (I don't know about xBox) was having issues converting to crown gems from crates.

My opinion (because more of those are being shared): Giving specifics on issues leads to people coming up with their own "easy" fixes and telling the person what they should do to fix the issue. It's like taking your car to a mechanic, let the person do the job. If you can do it yourself, go buy some hardware, and build the server to host a game <3

Have a wonderful day,
    POG
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    congrats with ayleid crates :)
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread for violating our rules on Bashing and Conspiracy Theories. As stated by Kevin, a fix will be coming in the next couple weeks.

We encourage you to share feedback, suggestions, and requests with us, but we expect all of our community members to refrain from resorting to insults. Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect this will be fixed after the Ayleid crates go away for years and everyones already shelled out RL money on them. I really hope they are able to fix this before the Ayleid crates run out or at least extend the Ayleid crate season.
    Edited by SimonThesis on April 13, 2023 7:23PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I know you're not personally in charge of fixing the bug, but do keep us in the know on how the fix is going!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    so this all was to test how much ayleid crates sales skyrocket with gifting disabled?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    The fix for this bug is still a couple of weeks away and yet ZOS in all their wisdom re-release a limited time crate.

Surely, you're just taking the *** now.

the bug is only on pc and crown store items are probably planned in advance.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the items were planned in advance. However, this bug has been going on for over a month. They've had ample time to plan work arounds. For the limited time crates, they can simply make them last longer. There's no downside to giving people more time to buy some.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no reason why they cant extend sales of the limited crates until gifting is fixed.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
This discussion has been closed.