Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

nerf siege

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff siege. and make ballistas and catapults mobile.

New Mount called Siege O'Matic

It comes equipped with all your sieging needs. When near a door it acts a battering ram. Player is able to swap between any type of ballista of their choosing and catapult of their choosing before entering Cyrodiil.

In addition, player cannot be dismount when using this mount. Mount comes equipped with siege shield and best of all player gets all defensive buff when on the mount.

Crown cost of mount 50K. Just because its an all in one mount.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 23, 2023 6:01PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buff siege. and make ballistas and catapults mobile.

New Mount called Siege O'Matic

It comes equipped with all your sieging needs. When near a door it acts a battering ram. Player is able to swap between any type of ballista of their choosing and catapult of their choosing before entering Cyrodiil.

In addition, player cannot be dismount when using this mount. Mount comes equipped with siege shield and best of all player gets all defensive buff when on the mount.

Crown cost of mount 50K. Just because its an all in one mount.

some pretty good ideas there. maybe make it some sort of dwemer walker vehicle
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need new siege weapons. Like a 12-person ram.

Coldfire oils.

Revise caltrops so they are more deadly and/or have the option to morph into a 3rd tree that are laced with poison.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nuttytom wrote: »
    literally not the reason for complaining but ok. If you cant see that siege is a problem with the damage it does to players then i dont know what to tell you. Maybe you should try fighting outnumbered and see how you manage the 10+ sieges on you at all times whereas the players literally use none of their own skills to fight you. Such fun and skilled gameplay there.

Okay, so you can hold your own when you're outnumbered, unless the enemy uses siege? It seems to me that the enemy is playing smarter by using the tools at their disposal to try and turn the tide of the battle. Siege damage is fine where it's at and you (and or other people) just need to learn how to counter siege better. Stay away from keeps/outposts while you're trying to farm zerglings, and or overrun or move away from siege if enemies are using them in open fields.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't take out helpless players that plop down field siege, I don't know what to say.
    Now if you ignore them and stand in red of course you die.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't realize there was already a thread about this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvhF2dFu_c&feature=youtu.be

I'll summarize my points.
    1. was taking nearly 12k tics from 1 coldfire through block
    2. siege is bugged and should be fixed to calculated block mitigation and roll dodge to avoid tics
    3. lancers are overtuned. Yes they are hard to get initially but nobody ever loses them because they get stored away the moment anything breaks through the keep wall.
    4. Its far too easy to defend a keep with just sieges
    5. Ball groups are actually the best equipped to deal with siege damage.
    6. coldfire and lancers should do like 20% less damage.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't take out helpless players that plop down field siege, I don't know what to say.
    Now if you ignore them and stand in red of course you die.

except for the fact that the people that set down lancers never do it open field but on top of keep walls enemy players can't reach. Similar case for coldfire. Also, a lot of the people who siege are in 40k health pure tank builds. I don't think you should be able to repair special siege like lancers and coldfire.
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on January 24, 2023 9:38AM
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    @nuttytom Show a video where there is more siege being shot at you than there are of you. In other words-- if your group is 5 strong I want to see 6 siege being shot at you. If you are 12 strong I want to see 13 siege being shot at you. If you're solo I want to see at least 2 siege being shot at you.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]

you can be 1 person and have like 4+ siege being shot at you lol. I'm sure many solo and small scale players can agree
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lancers are overtuned. Yes they are hard to get initially but nobody ever loses them because they get stored away the moment anything breaks through the keep wall.

I quit using lancers after I lost so many because ZOS' funky anti-cheat code kicked me multiple times to the log in screen for "sending too many messages" to the server. Multiple ticks from multiple hits on multiple players getting stacked up by lag and then shot to the server in a wad gets you booted (while your valuable siege stays behind to rot). And not once has ZOS offered to reimburse equipment lost through no fault of my own. So I just use siege that I don't have to jump through hoops to acquire, and then lose for no valid reason.

Edited by Jaraal on January 24, 2023 10:32AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭

2. siege is bugged and should be fixed to calculated block mitigation and roll dodge to avoid tics
    3. lancers are overtuned. Yes they are hard to get initially but nobody ever loses them because they get stored away the moment anything breaks through the keep wall.

Alchimiste spitting facts, if this vid isnt proof enough for all of you then i dont know what to do.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nuttytom Show a video where there is more siege being shot at you than there are of you. In other words-- if your group is 5 strong I want to see 6 siege being shot at you. If you are 12 strong I want to see 13 siege being shot at you. If you're solo I want to see at least 2 siege being shot at you.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]

you can be 1 person and have like 4+ siege being shot at you lol. I'm sure many solo and small scale players can agree

Yes you can. You can also be solo as part of a bigger fight and wrongly assume you're being focused.

Unfortunately no, it doesn't seem like most solo and small scalers agree. It seems like most people here don't really agree.

Alchimiste spitting facts, if this vid isnt proof enough for all of you then i dont know what to do.

The video you said you'd have no problem getting is what you can do.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OBJnoob practically every time I have ever played with friends and we are doing well, at some point in the night the alliance will start to siege us even when they outnumber us heavily, in fact they tend to cover towers with so much siege that there is less space covered without siege than with.

But don't take my word for it, check out twitch and ask the some of the well known solo and small scale players.
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on January 24, 2023 12:55PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually I only see siege used in one player when it's a troll tank or something but if you wind up with just enough players in a group to try to take a keep, you often will get a bigger response then you have people as the game on PCNA at least, has gotten to be very faction stack heavy. You'll get more than your numbers show up outside to fight and can do ok depending on who you are fighting, but then there also will be enough on the wall to plaster the entire ground in front of the keep. Usually your best bet is to fall back out of siege range to get them to come down but you'll get zerged down anyway, so I really don't focus on the siege being so used there other than it really hurts

Probably not really a siege issue though; but more a game issue that stacking is so efficient and players often suggest something that would make that worse by complaining about PvDoor which is often used to make stacks make a choice of either split off to go defend while some push, or send the bulk of their stack to respond and pull them off the overwhelming offensive.

I think people really should just consider running a purge again as many stopped when DOTs got nerfed and Plague break became a thing. Other than that; outnumbered is outnumbered. Need to make decisions to avoid it when you can and just accept it happens
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siege is fine. You can join bgs if you don’t like it.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Siege is fine. You can join bgs if you don’t like it.

thanks for your great input. maybe some people find outnumbered pvp in cyrodiil more fun? your logic can be used in every aspect of the game lmao
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]

Yes you can. You can also be solo as part of a bigger fight and wrongly assume you're being focused.

Unfortunately no, it doesn't seem like most solo and small scalers agree. It seems like most people here don't really agree.

The video you said you'd have no problem getting is what you can do.

most people here dont agree because they arent solo or smallscalers lol. And is the video alchimiste posted not enough for you to see that siege does too much damage to players?
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip] With dodge rolls you would have gotten 0 damage, [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2023 2:29PM
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

its bugged [snip]. I took the damage on purpose to show how strong it hit for

[edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2023 2:30PM
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭

the point of this video is to show the amount of damage it does. now imagine a few of these on you whilst you are already getting zerged down

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2023 2:32PM
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread is really showing how people would prefer to play siege wars than engage in any form of actual combat
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the point of this video is to show the amount of damage it does. now imagine a few of these on you whilst you are already getting zerged down

i have 5k hours of cyrodiil pvp in the non cp campaign behind me, not the easy mode you are playing. anyone who has a problem with siege weapons is the problem himself and is not aware of his environment. if you are getting zerged, siege weapons are not the deciding factor either, that is the definition of get zerged.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 24, 2023 2:34PM
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭

i have 5k hours of cyrodiil pvp in the non cp campaign behind me, not the easy mode you are playing. anyone who has a problem with siege weapons is the problem himself and is not aware of his environment. if you are getting zerged, siege weapons are not the deciding factor either, that is the definition of get zerged.

[edited to remove quote]

then why everytime i get zerged are siege weapons the top damage done to me by an astronomical amount, way ahed of players skills? Despite what you say, your comment just indicates that you run in zergs so obviously youre noy going to encounter the siege problem the way solo, smallscalers do lmao.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    practically every time I have ever played with friends and we are doing well, at some point in the night the alliance will start to siege us even when they outnumber us heavily, in fact they tend to cover towers with so much siege that there is less space covered without siege than with.

But don't take my word for it, check out twitch and ask the some of the well known solo and small scale players.

What exactly is the problem with players defending their keep using siege weapons even though they outnumber the attackers?

No one is contractually obligated to come off the walls and fight...

In fact, as long as the attackers keep feeding themselves into defensive siege, there's really no reason to. Source: As long as my EP fellows keep running up "Hamburger Hill" to Alessia, AD is gonna keep turning us into hamburger. Eventually we pull back to the bridge, set up our own siege, and then AD feeds into us for a while trying to get to Sejanus.

A 20% damage nerf ain't gonna help solo/smallscale players who keep feeding themselves into heavily defended positions.

(Most of the successful small scale groups I see near Alessia are using the bridge area for line of sight and to break up larger, disorganized groups. They don't attack siege-fortified positions, but rather pick off overextended players from the edges of the fighting. That's smart small group tactics that don't get them turned into hamburger.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 24, 2023 4:57PM
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    practically every time I have ever played with friends and we are doing well, at some point in the night the alliance will start to siege us even when they outnumber us heavily, in fact they tend to cover towers with so much siege that there is less space covered without siege than with.

What exactly is the problem with players defending their keep using siege weapons even though they outnumber the attackers?

In fact, as long as the attackers keep feeding themselves into defensive siege, there's really no reason to. Source: As long as my EP fellows keep running up "Hamburger Hill" to Alessia, AD is gonna keep turning us into hamburger. Eventually we pull back to the bridge, set up our own siege, and then AD feeds into us for a while trying to get to Sejanus.

A 20% damage nerf ain't gonna help solo/smallscale players who keep feeding themselves into heavily defended positions.

(Most of the successful small scale groups I see near Alessia are using the bridge area for line of sight and to break up larger, disorganized groups. They don't attack siege-fortified positions, but rather pick off overextended players from the edges of the fighting. That's smart small group tactics that don't get them turned into hamburger.)

the problem is when they place siege on towers or open field, which does happen btw.

also do you not understand that people shoot you with siege from range and from many different angles? People tend to just sit behind their sieges anyway, you will probably have like 3 or 4 players breaking off for you to kill. And then you are still having siege shot at you from many different places. If you move to line of sight then the zerg will just re position their siege every single time, so you basically have constant coldfires and meatbags shooting you all the time.

again you have just made it very clear that you dont solo or smallscale so obviously you are not going to experience the op siege shooting you, so why are you even talking about it?

Maybe try and do some of the fights im talking about and get some experience on the topic and report back after.
    Edited by nuttytom on January 24, 2023 5:16PM
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    How can anyone defend siege, when they're still in the old system. Meatbags, oil, scattershot still using the old debuff values, when major protection had 30 % dmg reduction. It is obvious for anyone with any resembling brain capacity that the need a nerf. Just like npc's still doing 30% dmg taken with their puncture. Most ppl here defending siege probably dont even know that, coz they dont care, too many numbers, i guess.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear, I don't have a problem getting zerged. If you play solo or small scale you just have to accept that sometimes you are just going to get runover by a large zerg. My comments were only in response to someone that was trying to paint a narrative that isn't true. But that is entirely beside the point.

I am saying that regardless of what type of pvp you are doing (un organized zerg vs zerg included) Siege is currently much overperforming and needs about a 20% nerf and for the bugs that allow tics to hit unmitigated through block and for them to hit through roll dodge to be fixed. The damage nerf is because it is ticing for nearly 12k which is quite frankly absurd. And because it is far too easy to just completely defend with siege from keep walls without any risk reward.
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OBJnoob practically every time I have ever played with friends and we are doing well, at some point in the night the alliance will start to siege us even when they outnumber us heavily, in fact they tend to cover towers with so much siege that there is less space covered without siege than with.

Solo/Smallscale has gotten ridiculous. Whenever I 1vX these days in a tower, it's either 15 people sitting on the resource watching me as I wait for them to come inside and them trying to siege me before leaving to go PvDoor something else to avoid PvP, or it's 30 people swarming me whilst I'm being meatbagged and coldfired. Rarely is it anything in-between, and even when it is, I'm STILL being sieged.

If I'm in a keep running the walls and playing LOS, I have 2-3 coldfires and a meatbag on me at all times, guaranteed. It becomes a game of "kite these 10 players thirsting you whilst dodging the big bad siege circles" more than it is actual PvP.

When I smallscaled with Explanicide, Gulmar and Nextuality, the amount of siege on us when we were farming heavily outnumbered in an enemy trikeep was unholy. I'm talking so many meatbags, coldfire ballistas, trebs, etc that we had to be constantly rotating to force the enemy to keep re-positioning them. If we stopped moving for even in instant, we'd die-- and mind you, we already had 20+ players ontop of us that we were having to deal with, too.

Game knowledge has advanced to the point where pugs simply know to cover absolutely everything in siege if they can't beat an opponent-- even if that opponent is just a single player. It's come to a point where siege is used to avoid PvP entirely, or at the very least, bypass having to engage to combat with your build and skills.
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    we were farming [...] in an enemy trikeep

Well, there's your problem. Maybe don't do that. Many people consider hiding out in trikeeps to be greifing, and will respond accordingly (with overwhelming force). It isn't cool. There are always plenty of active fights on the map.

Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 24, 2023 6:55PM
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    we were farming [...] in an enemy trikeep

Well, there's your problem. Maybe don't do that. Many people consider hiding out in trikeeps to be greifing, and will respond accordingly (with overwhelming force). It isn't cool. There are always plenty of active fights on the map.

bro not everyone wants to run around in zerg v zerg fights