Maintenance for the week of June 5:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 5, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 7, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 7, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

nerf siege

  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TechMaybeHic no, you're right, it isn't quite what's being talked about. I can't find anything "that bad" to clip. This was the best I could do.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    @TechMaybeHic no, you're right, it isn't quite what's being talked about. I can't find anything "that bad" to clip. This was the best I could do.

    If I remember, I'll save one. Probably won't be on until Monday. Maybe Sunday. And then it really depends on who all shows up. Sometimes we are at 3 and probably won't try to go head into a Zerg. And sometimes we have a full group; but usually are days anymore that we peak at 6 or 7 and get a massive response including siege.
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I showed you a clip, lol. How can you be so wrong about so much? There's a G D video! Look at the recap again. The boneyard/DC/BB/Colossus combo did more damage than the siege. I'm not looking at the video right now but, if memory serves, the lancer shots are like 5+6k the two big necro hits are like 9+5k.

    The lancer hits probably would've been even less if I wasn't stage 3 vamp and effected by major vulnerability.

    But you can have your interpretation. I think you're flat wrong-- but it doesn't matter. The video turned out to be perfect. Because you look at it and say "YES, that's what we're talking about, siege needs a nerf!" Unfortunately I disagree and always will.

    it wasnt 5k + 6k, i told you the ingame recap is faulty. you can clearly see that you got hit by at least 3 lancer hits. So thats at least 17k dmg from a single lancer, maybe even more. Cant you understand my argument, that a single lancer shouldnt outdmg an entire player combo with a colossus, i mean come on.

    yea the clip was perfect, coz it shows how far our understandings of cyrodiil varies. if you never engaged in a real smallscale activity, i guess you will never get it. I am amazed how many people believe while stacking with a zerg of 30, that they are solo only because theyre not grouped.

    At least we all agree that the insane debuffs of meatbags, oil, scattershot and npc's need a nerf..right?
    Edited by TheMightyRevan on January 29, 2023 2:39PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we don't agree, obviously.

    And no I don't understand your argument. Your argument seems to hinge on the fact that I'm a zerger and don't understand the plight of small-scalers. You seem overly focused on that fact even though I tried to be transparent in my description.

    Also, your argument hinges on the fact that recaps are wrong. Which they may be sometimes-- but they aren't always-- and I'm not comfortable taking your word over a video. Because your word has claimed all sorts of obviously wrong stuff from there not being any attacker's around me at all to the lancer hits totaling more than the player hits. Both of these claims were obviously wrong, so I'm not at all interested in giving your "hunches" the benefit of the doubt.

    Honestly I feel punished for having put myself out there. Which is why I've since deleted the video. Not out of shame per se but futility and frustration. I found out what I wanted to find out. And it isn't that you're right in any way. Literally nothing you've said is right.

    But that's the beauty of video evidence. I don't feel the need to debate anymore. It's settled.

  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    it wasnt 5k + 6k, i told you the ingame recap is faulty. you can clearly see that you got hit by at least 3 lancer hits. So thats at least 17k dmg from a single lancer, maybe even more. Cant you understand my argument, that a single lancer shouldnt outdmg an entire player combo with a colossus, i mean come on.

    yea the clip was perfect, coz it shows how far our understandings of cyrodiil varies. if you never engaged in a real smallscale activity, i guess you will never get it. I am amazed how many people believe while stacking with a zerg of 30, that they are solo only because theyre not grouped.

    At least we all agree that the insane debuffs of meatbags, oil, scattershot and npc's need a nerf..right?

    Small-scale is second strongest form of group in Cyrodiil at present time. It is because „broken“ sets like plaguebreak, vicious death, dark convergence, Rush of Agony and mara's balm. You need good leader of course, but other members can be average.

    Small-scale with good leader and this sets can easily wrack zerg, and other members don't need to be some super players. I feel it, like you get mislead by all your kills in small-scale and you think, that you understand PvP more then others.

    Being part of superior form is hardly something, which make you better player then solo players you can kill with all this sets and coordination. It don't make you somebody, who understand game better then them either. This is elitist form of thinking only.

    By the way. If this thread was about procing sieges by sets, instead of flat nerfing.... You would find more agreement than this way.
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I feel it, like you get mislead by all your kills in small-scale and you think, that you understand PvP more then others.

    Being part of superior form is hardly something, which make you better player then solo players you can kill with all this sets and coordination. It don't make you somebody, who understand game better then them either. This is elitist form of thinking only.

    I think some of the best duelists, content creators, 1vXers and Smallscalers know more about this game than frankly anyone who does nothing but zerg and spam siege from keep walls. There's a reason why zonechat across all factions is constantly accusing good players of hacking/cheating: people don't know nearly enough about PvP as they think they do, and they instantly cry foul when someone better comes along and 1v10's them in a tower.
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Merriment in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl | ♔ Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hollow Knight Gwynevere |🗡Nightblade | AR49 Grand Overlord I | 2400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty clear anyone in this thread that doesn't want siege adjusted/nerfed participates in zergs & has only played that play style.
    How can anyone defend siege, when they're still in the old system. Meatbags, oil, scattershot still using the old debuff values, when major protection had 30 % dmg reduction. It is obvious for anyone with any resembling brain capacity that the need a nerf. Just like npc's still doing 30% dmg taken with their puncture. Most ppl here defending siege probably dont even know that, coz they dont care, too many numbers, i guess.

    Dont forget about the nerfs to healing the last 2 patches also, did they adjust siege accordingly? Of course they didn't.
    Edited by BlakMarket on January 30, 2023 1:20PM
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Its pretty clear anyone in this thread that doesn't want siege adjusted/nerfed participates in zergs & has only played that play style.

    Healing was nerfed over the last two patches, so siege should adjusted/nerfed accordingly as
    How can anyone defend siege, when they're still in the old system. Meatbags, oil, scattershot still using the old debuff values, when major protection had 30 % dmg reduction. It is obvious for anyone with any resembling brain capacity that the need a nerf. Just like npc's still doing 30% dmg taken with their puncture. Most ppl here defending siege probably dont even know that, coz they dont care, too many numbers, i guess.

    Dont forget about the nerfs to healing the last 2 patches also, did they adjust siege accordingly? Of course they didn't.

    so apart from the fact that i run around 95% solo, the other 5% are small scale, i am convinced that everyone who complains about siege weapons can only play mediocre skill-wise. anything else simply makes no sense.

    whoever besieges a keep uses siege weapons, the answer is siege weapons.

    who fights in front of a keep to lure players out, retreats at the first players who come to avoid the siege weapons.

    if you fight in an open field you don't have a problem with siege weapons anyway, or you can invest the 2 seconds to run and kill the players, if you can't do that you can retreat.

    if you want to have tower fights with your ball or smallscale group, you have to expect siege weapons when the zerg arrives, it would be very naive to expect the randoms to follow the organized groups into the tower.

    the only thing i noticed the other day is that you can't avoid damage by dodging anymore, but that's not a problem either, because you have to be very distracted in a fight to miss the red circle on the ground.

    So cold fire ticking for 10-12k per second is ok? I know you're from EU server, go watch Fluffy_Frozers most recent streams on Twitch his meme siege build because he knows how op siege is currently.

    Siege used to be manageable, now its op. From sneaky changes that were maybe intentional or unintentional, where you cant dodge roll or block ticks anymore & nerfs to healing.

  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Luede wrote: »
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Its pretty clear anyone in this thread that doesn't want siege adjusted/nerfed participates in zergs & has only played that play style.

    Healing was nerfed over the last two patches, so siege should adjusted/nerfed accordingly as
    How can anyone defend siege, when they're still in the old system. Meatbags, oil, scattershot still using the old debuff values, when major protection had 30 % dmg reduction. It is obvious for anyone with any resembling brain capacity that the need a nerf. Just like npc's still doing 30% dmg taken with their puncture. Most ppl here defending siege probably dont even know that, coz they dont care, too many numbers, i guess.

    Dont forget about the nerfs to healing the last 2 patches also, did they adjust siege accordingly? Of course they didn't.

    so apart from the fact that i run around 95% solo, the other 5% are small scale, i am convinced that everyone who complains about siege weapons can only play mediocre skill-wise. anything else simply makes no sense.

    whoever besieges a keep uses siege weapons, the answer is siege weapons.

    who fights in front of a keep to lure players out, retreats at the first players who come to avoid the siege weapons.

    if you fight in an open field you don't have a problem with siege weapons anyway, or you can invest the 2 seconds to run and kill the players, if you can't do that you can retreat.

    if you want to have tower fights with your ball or smallscale group, you have to expect siege weapons when the zerg arrives, it would be very naive to expect the randoms to follow the organized groups into the tower.

    the only thing i noticed the other day is that you can't avoid damage by dodging anymore, but that's not a problem either, because you have to be very distracted in a fight to miss the red circle on the ground.

    So cold fire ticking for 10-12k per second is ok? I know you're from EU server, go watch Fluffy_Frozers most recent streams on Twitch his meme siege build because he knows how op siege is currently.

    Siege used to be manageable, now its op. From sneaky changes that were maybe intentional or unintentional, where you cant dodge roll or block ticks anymore & nerfs to healing.

    for one, i play non cp, so i would guess that this tick height comes from either special sets, or cp points, otherwise i can only guess that you are all running around with vamp 4, which i would find very strange.

    since there are small scalers complaining in this thread i have to seriously ask myself how the team composition is, and if you play any meaningful group setups at all, or just everyone within the group does their own thing.

    if i'm scared of a coldfire hit as a stam sorc, i could still understand that. if you don't gimp yourself with the pet, you're left with vigor. ticks for 2k noncrit and yet i have no problems with siege weapons. all other classes have much better self heals available, plus there are the cross heals.

    so if you ask me, no the siege weapons don't do too much damage, whether you play vampire is your own decision, but where i have to agree is that sets should have no effect on siege weapons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I feel it, like you get mislead by all your kills in small-scale and you think, that you understand PvP more then others.

    Being part of superior form is hardly something, which make you better player then solo players you can kill with all this sets and coordination. It don't make you somebody, who understand game better then them either. This is elitist form of thinking only.

    I think some of the best duelists, content creators, 1vXers and Smallscalers know more about this game than frankly anyone who does nothing but zerg and spam siege from keep walls. There's a reason why zonechat across all factions is constantly accusing good players of hacking/cheating: people don't know nearly enough about PvP as they think they do, and they instantly cry foul when someone better comes along and 1v10's them in a tower.

    I do think lots of players call cheating when no such thing is happening.

    But its also pretty funny to me that in this thread, the 1vXer instantly cries foul when one of the ten pulls out siege.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    where i have to agree is that sets should have no effect on siege weapons.

    Not only do sets affect siege weapons, but MANY sets proc off siege weapons as well. ZOS has known this for years, as the fact has been posted here on the forums for years, plus they have access to all death recap data, etc. Yet they do nothing about it.

    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    I think some of the best duelists, content creators, 1vXers and Smallscalers know more about this game than frankly anyone who does nothing but zerg and spam siege from keep walls. There's a reason why zonechat across all factions is constantly accusing good players of hacking/cheating: people don't know nearly enough about PvP as they think they do, and they instantly cry foul when someone better comes along and 1v10's them in a tower.

    Which duelist and small-scale you speak about? Who hide on resources and fight only randomers, often less numerous than them? Or who go through the hardest fights with mightiest opponents (smart way offcourse)?
    Second example will know well how to deal with sieges, base on situation.

    Anybody can go small-scale. It don't make you good player who understand game. Fighting various challenges, learning from your mistake, knowing how to repeat your success, that is way to understanding and it is same for solo players, small-scale or ball-groups.
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Luede wrote: »
    where i have to agree is that sets should have no effect on siege weapons.

    Not only do sets affect siege weapons, but MANY sets proc off siege weapons as well. ZOS has known this for years, as the fact has been posted here on the forums for years, plus they have access to all death recap data, etc. Yet they do nothing about it.

    Which sets proc off of siege weapons? Asking for a friend...

    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    I think some of the best duelists, content creators, 1vXers and Smallscalers know more about this game than frankly anyone who does nothing but zerg and spam siege from keep walls. There's a reason why zonechat across all factions is constantly accusing good players of hacking/cheating: people don't know nearly enough about PvP as they think they do, and they instantly cry foul when someone better comes along and 1v10's them in a tower.

    Which duelist and small-scale you speak about? Who hide on resources and fight only randomers, often less numerous than them? Or who go through the hardest fights with mightiest opponents (smart way offcourse)?
    Second example will know well how to deal with sieges, base on situation.

    Anybody can go small-scale. It don't make you good player who understand game. Fighting various challenges, learning from your mistake, knowing how to repeat your success, that is way to understanding and it is same for solo players, small-scale or ball-groups.

    Cloudrest the player youre talking to, is very well known PC/NA and PC/EU, to be one of the best duelers/solo and small scale players in the community, and started playing/pvping if I'm not mistaken close to launch.
    Edited by BlakMarket on January 31, 2023 7:46AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Luede wrote: »
    where i have to agree is that sets should have no effect on siege weapons.

    Not only do sets affect siege weapons, but MANY sets proc off siege weapons as well. ZOS has known this for years, as the fact has been posted here on the forums for years, plus they have access to all death recap data, etc. Yet they do nothing about it.

    Which sets proc off of siege weapons? Asking for a friend...

    You should ask ZOS, they have all the data. I'm just a casual, unpaid observer. As we all are.... or can be.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Luede wrote: »
    where i have to agree is that sets should have no effect on siege weapons.

    Not only do sets affect siege weapons, but MANY sets proc off siege weapons as well. ZOS has known this for years, as the fact has been posted here on the forums for years, plus they have access to all death recap data, etc. Yet they do nothing about it.

    Which sets proc off of siege weapons? Asking for a friend...

    You should ask ZOS, they have all the data. I'm just a casual, unpaid observer. As we all are.... or can be.

    T'was in jest. I generally only use siege when trying to cap keeps/outposts, or when defending keeps/outposts, and since I'm a console peasant, it's not like I can just swap sets on the fly to cheese siege!

    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    I feel it, like you get mislead by all your kills in small-scale and you think, that you understand PvP more then others.

    Being part of superior form is hardly something, which make you better player then solo players you can kill with all this sets and coordination. It don't make you somebody, who understand game better then them either. This is elitist form of thinking only.

    I think some of the best duelists, content creators, 1vXers and Smallscalers know more about this game than frankly anyone who does nothing but zerg and spam siege from keep walls. There's a reason why zonechat across all factions is constantly accusing good players of hacking/cheating: people don't know nearly enough about PvP as they think they do, and they instantly cry foul when someone better comes along and 1v10's them in a tower.

    I do think lots of players call cheating when no such thing is happening.

    But its also pretty funny to me that in this thread, the 1vXer instantly cries foul when one of the ten pulls out siege.

    because siege is broken and is not fun to be hit by and is also just a cheap move instead of players actually using their skills
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    image.png
    still think siege is okay? (this was invisible btw, so dont say "just move out of it" lmao) also this is when we were getting chased by 30+ ppl as a 6 man group.

    image.png

    my friends metrics from a different fight, this time there was just 2 of us vs a zerg... notice how there is literally 3 player skills in here out of the 13 highest damage received? does anyone think this is acceptable? players can literally do INSANE amounts of damage without even using their skills.
    Edited by nuttytom on February 5, 2023 6:42PM
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    No, we don't agree, obviously.

    And no I don't understand your argument. Your argument seems to hinge on the fact that I'm a zerger and don't understand the plight of small-scalers. You seem overly focused on that fact even though I tried to be transparent in my description.

    Also, your argument hinges on the fact that recaps are wrong. Which they may be sometimes-- but they aren't always-- and I'm not comfortable taking your word over a video. Because your word has claimed all sorts of obviously wrong stuff from there not being any attacker's around me at all to the lancer hits totaling more than the player hits. Both of these claims were obviously wrong, so I'm not at all interested in giving your "hunches" the benefit of the doubt.

    Honestly I feel punished for having put myself out there. Which is why I've since deleted the video. Not out of shame per se but futility and frustration. I found out what I wanted to find out. And it isn't that you're right in any way. Literally nothing you've said is right.

    But that's the beauty of video evidence. I don't feel the need to debate anymore. It's settled.

    aha, i'm wrong about everything, thats why the clip was deleted...ok. it was clearly visible what caused the death. all you have to do is look at the screen and see the 4 lancer hits come in, but sure the colossus was the problem, that literally did less dmg than a single lancer hit.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clip was only captured at all because those of you saying siege needs nerfed aren't willing to provide one.

    I provided one because I was interested. You look at the clip and say "siege is a problem" I look at the same clip and say it isn't.

    The argument wasn't resolved but it was clarified for me. Now I know what you're talking about. And I don't think it's a problem. So I deleted the irrelevant clip. If it was relevant to you then go get your own.

    I'm not here to try and convince you of anything. I'm here to see if I agree. I don't.

    [snip]

    Henceforward I will be avoiding this thread. I hardly ever use siege and I don't feel like I get hit by it much either. I really don't care what comes of this. So that's me saying good luck I guess.

    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 6, 2023 7:15PM
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    it wasnt 5k + 6k, i told you the ingame recap is faulty. you can clearly see that you got hit by at least 3 lancer hits. So thats at least 17k dmg from a single lancer, maybe even more. Cant you understand my argument, that a single lancer shouldnt outdmg an entire player combo with a colossus, i mean come on.

    yea the clip was perfect, coz it shows how far our understandings of cyrodiil varies. if you never engaged in a real smallscale activity, i guess you will never get it. I am amazed how many people believe while stacking with a zerg of 30, that they are solo only because theyre not grouped.

    At least we all agree that the insane debuffs of meatbags, oil, scattershot and npc's need a nerf..right?

    Small-scale is second strongest form of group in Cyrodiil at present time. It is because „broken“ sets like plaguebreak, vicious death, dark convergence, Rush of Agony and mara's balm. You need good leader of course, but other members can be average.

    Small-scale with good leader and this sets can easily wrack zerg, and other members don't need to be some super players. I feel it, like you get mislead by all your kills in small-scale and you think, that you understand PvP more then others.

    Being part of superior form is hardly something, which make you better player then solo players you can kill with all this sets and coordination. It don't make you somebody, who understand game better then them either. This is elitist form of thinking only.

    By the way. If this thread was about procing sieges by sets, instead of flat nerfing.... You would find more agreement than this way.

    I would say, if you've gotten to the point where you think everyone, but "crown" can be average you are no longer playing small scale. You're likely running 8 people and closer to a full ball group. I'm sorry but what you wrote simply doesn't coincide with what I and others have experienced.
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on February 6, 2023 6:12AM
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    I think some of the best duelists, content creators, 1vXers and Smallscalers know more about this game than frankly anyone who does nothing but zerg and spam siege from keep walls. There's a reason why zonechat across all factions is constantly accusing good players of hacking/cheating: people don't know nearly enough about PvP as they think they do, and they instantly cry foul when someone better comes along and 1v10's them in a tower.

    Which duelist and small-scale you speak about? Who hide on resources and fight only randomers, often less numerous than them? Or who go through the hardest fights with mightiest opponents (smart way offcourse)?
    Second example will know well how to deal with sieges, base on situation.

    Anybody can go small-scale. It don't make you good player who understand game. Fighting various challenges, learning from your mistake, knowing how to repeat your success, that is way to understanding and it is same for solo players, small-scale or ball-groups.

    Cloudrest the player youre talking to, is very well known PC/NA and PC/EU, to be one of the best duelers/solo and small scale players in the community, and started playing/pvping if I'm not mistaken close to launch.

    I'm sure players like him know better than players like myself, Alchimiste, React, MetallicMonk, etc-- all of whom are excellent top-tier players that I've played with and fought against as well in their own right. Siege damage has slowly powercrept to the point where I've personally seen players in zonechat talking about the 'most optimal siege build to wear' so they can deal with those 'trolls'. I personally think that's extremely unhealthy for PvP, as it encourages sitting ontop of keep walls and sieging instead of jumping off to actually engage in Player vs Player combat.

    We're at a point in the game where building to optimize your siege damage instead of building to actually deal damage with your own abilities is a more appealing option to people. Siege needs about an effective 20% nerf to the damage per tick. I've got a plethora of videos on my medal.tv of me being sieged in keeps whilst I'm already trying to 1v15, and I'm sure Explancide (our smallscale's crown) still has the videos up on his youtube of the sheer amount of siege we were facing 4v30 in enemy keeps.

    I'd at least like to be able to block siege damage again, though. It'd fix a lot of things, even if they didn't nerf the damage outright.
    Edited by Cloudrest on February 6, 2023 9:55AM
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Merriment in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl | ♔ Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hollow Knight Gwynevere |🗡Nightblade | AR49 Grand Overlord I | 2400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say, if you've gotten to the point where you think everyone, but "crown" can be average you are no longer playing small scale. You're likely running 8 people and closer to a full ball group. I'm sorry but what you wrote simply doesn't coincide with what I and others have experienced.

    You should stop guessing how I play, because you are far from true. You wrote that I use sieges for defending keep only, when I play as brawler in front of keep.You are writing something about 8 gropu, when we was classic small-scalle 4 group of sorcerer, necro, warden and DK.
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    I'm sure players like him know better than players like myself, Alchimiste, React, MetallicMonk, etc-- all of whom are excellent top-tier players that I've played with and fought against as well in their own right. Siege damage has slowly powercrept to the point where I've personally seen players in zonechat talking about the 'most optimal siege build to wear' so they can deal with those 'trolls'. I personally think that's extremely unhealthy for PvP, as it encourages sitting ontop of keep walls and sieging instead of jumping off to actually engage in Player vs Player combat.

    We're at a point in the game where building to optimize your siege damage instead of building to actually deal damage with your own abilities is a more appealing option to people. Siege needs about an effective 20% nerf to the damage per tick. I've got a plethora of videos on my medal.tv of me being sieged in keeps whilst I'm already trying to 1v15, and I'm sure Explancide (our smallscale's crown) still has the videos up on his youtube of the sheer amount of siege we were facing 4v30 in enemy keeps.

    I'd at least like to be able to block siege damage again, though. It'd fix a lot of things, even if they didn't nerf the damage outright.

    I play as brawler, when defending keep and I am far from alone there. Reason is simple. Sieges without brawlers are absolutely ineffective defending strategy.

    If I am part of attackers, then moment, when brawlers stop to come out, I know, that we are half-winers alredy. Yes , it is seiges, what kill me, when figting defenders brawlers, but it is how it was designed.

    So, if you want any respect from me to your experiences with PvP, then stop make untrue claim about "players don't go out of keeps to fight with their skills". You wouldn't have any problems with sieges, if none come out of keep.

    PS. I already mentioned, that addressing relation of sets and sieges, aka should sieges proc sets, would be more appropriate theme than flat nerf of all sieges.
    Edited by Elendir2am on February 6, 2023 12:00PM
    PvP - Recruit.
    PvE - Dragon food
    RPG - A guy who thought, that he can defeat daedric prince, yet guards still chase him off when he accidentally touches some object during daily writs.
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    nuttytom wrote: »
    image.png
    still think siege is okay? (this was invisible btw, so dont say "just move out of it" lmao) also this is when we were getting chased by 30+ ppl as a 6 man group.

    image.png

    my friends metrics from a different fight, this time there was just 2 of us vs a zerg... notice how there is literally 3 player skills in here out of the 13 highest damage received? does anyone think this is acceptable? players can literally do INSANE amounts of damage without even using their skills.

    [snip]

    or, just MAYBE, we are fighting vs a zerg as a small group for 20+ mins and trying to have some fun? [snip]

    [edited for baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 6, 2023 7:16PM
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    exactly what cloudrest said, placing siege in a zerg is literally way more appealing to players than even attempting to use their own skills to win a fight. it should not be like this at all, it is completely backwards in a pvp mode. siege damage needs reducing.
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    The clip was only captured at all because those of you saying siege needs nerfed aren't willing to provide one.

    I provided one because I was interested. You look at the clip and say "siege is a problem" I look at the same clip and say it isn't.

    The argument wasn't resolved but it was clarified for me. Now I know what you're talking about. And I don't think it's a problem. So I deleted the irrelevant clip. If it was relevant to you then go get your own.

    I'm not here to try and convince you of anything. I'm here to see if I agree. I don't.

    [snip]

    Henceforward I will be avoiding this thread. I hardly ever use siege and I don't feel like I get hit by it much either. I really don't care what comes of this. So that's me saying good luck I guess.

    theres plenty screenshot evidence of how overtuned siege is, just look at the ones above. Youre right youre clip isnt relevant, because it showed nothing of real value for the conversation. So uploading it in the first place was pointless and only showed the opposite of what you tried to prove. Especially considering you say you hardly ever siege or get sieged. So why would you even join this discussion. That statement clearly shows everyone you wont understand the issues with it.

    [edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 6, 2023 7:17PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

    We've removed a handful of baiting and non-constructive comments that were derailing the thread. This is a friendly reminder that comments need to adhere to our Community Rules to avoid thread derailment.

    Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you say Mod Icy.
    Have a good day
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on February 6, 2023 7:43PM
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for keeping the thread enrailed
Sign In or Register to comment.