The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Blocking glitched or deliberately nerfed??

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good time to run Gaze of Sithis.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Gaze is not going to save you PvE wise. Block mitigation is basically mandatory.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Gaze is not going to save you PvE wise. Block mitigation is basically mandatory.

Block is not working.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting wrecked even in normals. What even.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get perma block added to Oakensoul? some sort of backup for when this happens? =p
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    After further playing in Trials like CR and DSR for like 3 days, i just discovered more Surprises. Although i am unable to see the bigger picture behind this, i am sure ZOS is smoking the animation codes. E.g. On the one hand, i was pretty sure i dropped block several times during the boss fights in DSR cause the add-on "Am i blocking" confirmed it, on the other hand, my team's feedback was "No u didn't drop it. We saw u blocking all the time!" ... So congratulations on realizing Einstein's Relativity in ESO, ZOS!
    Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can see some more context on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNJWX4xGpc

In summary: You can keep dropping block before doing a block cancelling action.
    scrosedk wrote: »
    After further playing in Trials like CR and DSR for like 3 days, i just discovered more Surprises. Although i am unable to see the bigger picture behind this, i am sure ZOS is smoking the animation codes. E.g. On the one hand, i was pretty sure i dropped block several times during the boss fights in DSR cause the add-on "Am i blocking" confirmed it, on the other hand, my team's feedback was "No u didn't drop it. We saw u blocking all the time!" ... So congratulations on realizing Einstein's Relativity in ESO, ZOS!

Schrödingers Block? When you're not sure if you're currently blocking you can lock in the result of the quantum state by doing a light attack. This switches from the uncertain inbetween state of blocking and not blocking to a certain state of not blocking. Because of cosmic radiation you might also want to rolldodge before you do so.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭

Schrödingers Block? When you're not sure if you're currently blocking you can lock in the result of the quantum state by doing a light attack. This switches from the uncertain inbetween state of blocking and not blocking to a certain state of not blocking. Because of cosmic radiation you might also want to rolldodge before you do so.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭

It is nothing about Quantum but more of Relativity, cause "Am i blocking" yields the "states" and so far it has been telling the truth from what i can tell. Even without AIB i can still tell when block drops cause Blocking should reduce mobility. However, when my team said i was blocking, i was actually moving at a "Normal" speed.
    Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bug we're working on fixing - it wasn't an intentional change.

Will servers be coming down tonight for the fix?

No, we don't even have a fix implemented internally yet. It's still being worked on.

Sorry to bother, but is there any update on this bug? It's pretty detrimental to tanks as is.

Will there be a fix for this in Monday's incremental or do we need to wait for the one on the 28th (or later) for it?
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭

No, we don't even have a fix implemented internally yet. It's still being worked on.

Hello.

Any updates on the matter as of now? All our trials has been cancelled untill fixed !!
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zand3rs wrote: »

Hello.

Any updates on the matter as of now? All our trials has been cancelled untill fixed !!

Only rumor and speculation in ZOS's silence for over a week. All of my trials have been cancelled since the release of U36 and some of our team have quit the game. We're just not sure if it's going to get better.
    • Casual PVE player PC/NA
    • Tank CP2400 'Sugar-Flame'
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, and looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
    • I make music: http://www.moonghostband.com.
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously why does it take them 1 hour to patch the game when there is a currency issue or dps do to much dmg and days weeks when there is a gamebreaking bug for the one class that holds it all togheter for the whole trial group?

I am going to be fair, i have been working around the problem but i still die and it is starting to get to me.

This needed to be fixed like yesterday!!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Sorry to bother, but is there any update on this bug? It's pretty detrimental to tanks as is.

Will there be a fix for this in Monday's incremental or do we need to wait for the one on the 28th (or later) for it?

There ended up being a few different components to this that needed to be fixed. The good news is these have now all been fixed internally, though there wasn't enough time to get them into Monday's patch. We recognize this news is frustrating but please trust we will get this fix out as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There ended up being a few different components to this that needed to be fixed. The good news is these have now all been fixed internally, though there wasn't enough time to get them into Monday's patch. We recognize this news is frustrating but please trust we will get this fix out as soon as we can.

Now that Stadia is dead, any chance of going back to weekly patches so we don’t need to wait for so long for fixes?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, we need to wait another two weeks for the next incremental?

You know, I've been around long enough to remember the days when we had incrementals every week, and the cadence of bug fixes was rather responsive. Ever since Stadia and moving to the 2-week cadence, we get situations like this where bugs are allowed to fester for weeks.

After the death of Stadia next year, could we please return to the old patch cadence? So that we're not left with game-breaking bugs that persist for 4 weeks (almost a whole month!).
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is terrible news. Why not get the block fix in the patch and just delay its release by a day or two rather than make us wait another two weeks to play?
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, and looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't block properly for at least a month? I was hoping the news would be better. I know I don't speak for everyone, but to me, this is a "hotfix it yesterday" level of bug. Not a "wait a bit longer" type of bug.
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love ESO as a game and all it's rich and fun content, but for the longest time it feels like eating your favorite dessert but with an unknown number of shards of glass in it. I play other MMOs and when bugs like this are detected, it's fixed immediately. It's pretty incomprehensible to us players that not only do these game breaking issues keep happening every time and the amount of time to resolve them. Please test your changes thoroughly prior to release.

I tank in progression groups and for the most part I can work around this stuff by trying to adapt but I don't really want to. I want it to work as designed.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Okay very glad to hear that one is fixed, even if the waiting is not ideal. But.... how about the Warden Budding Seeds bug that was being actively abused in Cyrodiil?
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on November 11, 2022 9:20PM
  • Ysarden-1
    Ysarden-1
    maybe my calender is buggy but today is friday right? there is still time to imnplement it till monday^^
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysarden-1 wrote: »
    maybe my calender is buggy but today is friday right? there is still time to imnplement it till monday^^

It seems to be a much lower priority for them than we expected.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ysarden-1 wrote: »

The deal with implementation is that it needs to be sent out for review, which probably happened last week sometime. That's why the patch cadence is 2 weeks now, since they need to send the patches to Google/MS/Sony so they can review it, and then it can drop.

I really hope that once Stadia is no longer a factor, we won't have to wait for major patches like this for so long anymore.

I'm happy to hear it's fixed, but another two weeks of not being able to play my main only role properly is... difficult. At least my raid groups are understanding.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to say thank you - I also appreciate the apology and free pet as well - I might not use that pet, I have a number, but I appreciate that this was being looked into.....

Auldwulfe
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing we won't get a fix until the next incremental after the Monday patch, i'm going to stop being a Tank now and just switch to damage.

• Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it's a known bug. Not glad it's a bug, but glad I have not suddenly forgotten how to block properly.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it ok to leave a bug this bad unfixed for so long?
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭

Just extremely disappointed to read this honestly.
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is killing the raiding scene. And you're not treating it as a priority fix? OK...
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat