Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Is Blocking glitched or deliberately nerfed??

scrosedk
scrosedk
✭✭✭
Roll Dodge now removes blocking now? My tank won't resume blocking after roll dodge with the block key still pressed! Casting skills like Igneous shield or Green Dragon's blood while blocking also seem to remove blocking from time to time! If it is a glitch then fix this annoying Sheisse all right? cause com'on ZOS, I don't see the necessity in messing with those basic codes when u publish a DLC containing only a small map like Galen! if it is a change on purpose, then wow, plz tell me why you would ruin something that is so vital to a tank.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 8, 2022 1:33PM
Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also noticed that block no longer stops stun attacks from mobs in overland..... for that matter, I have killed people, gotten the yellow "loot me" roll, and even seen the mob assume a weird leaning posture, like they were falling, and then execute an attack routine and fall over.
    When you combine that with effects that have been nerfed on players, such as knockback with 2-handed.... it gets annoying.

I even went in on one guy, went right to block and held it (I have 37K stamina on that one, so no, I didn't run out), and when he hit me, I was still knocked back, and stunned for 3 or 4 seconds before it let me out... no matter what buttons I hit.
    Has happened with sword and shield, dual wield, 2-handed, and staff... the mobs are getting unblockable attacks.

And then, I go in a random, and people are screaming at the tank for not blocking or interrupting, when it no longer matters anyway..... they've shortened the red windups for interrupting, meaning if you have ANY other animation going, you are not going to interrupt in time, anyways.

As to that group, when the 2 DPS sent the vote to kick the tank, I took my healer and just left .....

Auldwulfe
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    I've also noticed that block no longer stops stun attacks from mobs in overland..... for that matter, I have killed people, gotten the yellow "loot me" roll, and even seen the mob assume a weird leaning posture, like they were falling, and then execute an attack routine and fall over.
    When you combine that with effects that have been nerfed on players, such as knockback with 2-handed.... it gets annoying.

I even went in on one guy, went right to block and held it (I have 37K stamina on that one, so no, I didn't run out), and when he hit me, I was still knocked back, and stunned for 3 or 4 seconds before it let me out... no matter what buttons I hit.
    Has happened with sword and shield, dual wield, 2-handed, and staff... the mobs are getting unblockable attacks.

And then, I go in a random, and people are screaming at the tank for not blocking or interrupting, when it no longer matters anyway..... they've shortened the red windups for interrupting, meaning if you have ANY other animation going, you are not going to interrupt in time, anyways.

As to that group, when the 2 DPS sent the vote to kick the tank, I took my healer and just left .....

Auldwulfe

I was sent flying by the mini boss' heavy attack yesterday in Cloudrest while i was pretty sure Block was in effect cause the Add-on "Am I blocking" confirmed it...
    Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is a bug we're working on fixing - it wasn't an intentional change.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edwdbqo2wlx4.jpg
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

I was sent flying b

Ok, Appreciated!
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will servers be coming down tonight for the fix?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

No, we don't even have a fix implemented internally yet. It's still being worked on.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, we don't even have a fix implemented internally yet. It's still being worked on.

Thank You, Gina - I've noticed it for a bit, but it seemed to be increasing, lately, so figured it was time to say something.
    I've noticed a LOT more threads complaining about tanks not doing anything, so I was looking for reasons other than people just not being good tanks, and I started noticing this

Auldwulfe
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭✭
    Doing a roll dodge will allow you to block again, was able to do vMoS speed run, no death, hm as well as vFL Speed, no death, and HM last night. As long as you know what to do, you can circumvent the bugs.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dkblight wrote: »
    Yozza wrote: »
    Doing a roll dodge will allow you to block again, was able to do vMoS speed run, no death, hm as well as vFL Speed, no death, and HM last night. As long as you know what to do, you can circumvent the bugs.

/waits patiently for rest of the post...... ??

What more is there to say? Dodge roll when blocking glitches, despite crashes and glitches, we were able to do heavy content. What more are you looking for me to say? I listed the runs we did to express that you can circumvent the glitches if you know what to do, drop shields instead of blocking for somethings, kite the boss if it's not a burn situation, I mean I'm not sure what you're wanting. Contrary to my 1 star, I've been playing for 6 years no hiatus, I just don't post in the forum much. So I reiterate, what are you expecting me to say? Please elaborate in spelled out detail, no acronyms or memes.

This honestly seems like something that should be hot fixed asap, because holding block is how you dodge on console and controller on pc :/
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Hi,

We understand that people will not always agree and have their own opinions they want to express. Be sure when posting to keep the forums a civil and constructive platform for the game and its community as a whole. This is a friendly reminder.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and bashing is doing light attacks swingin sword too!
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    Yozza wrote: »

/waits patiently for rest of the post...... ??

What more is there to say? Dodge roll when blocking glitches, despite crashes and glitches, we were able to do heavy content. What more are you looking for me to say? I listed the runs we did to express that you can circumvent the glitches if you know what to do, drop shields instead of blocking for somethings, kite the boss if it's not a burn situation, I mean I'm not sure what you're wanting. Contrary to my 1 star, I've been playing for 6 years no hiatus, I just don't post in the forum much. So I reiterate, what are you expecting me to say? Please elaborate in spelled out detail, no acronyms or memes.

This honestly seems like something that should be hot fixed asap, because holding block is how you dodge on console and controller on pc :/

I agree with this.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish there was a game launcher where they could rapidly update players about huge bugs like this rather than expecting players to read through message boards...
    • Casual Roleplaying PVE player PC/NA
    • Tank CP2400 'Sugar-Flame'
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Tick Tock Tormentor, and I'm looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
    • I make music: http://www.moonghostband.com.
  • VictorDragonslayer
    VictorDragonslayer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hi, looks like dodge roll is bugged too - got hot by enemy HAs despite timely dodging them. It doesn't occur 100% of the time, but the problem exists. Tanking vet content is a pain right now.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Since it hasn't been mentioned here: this bug also affects Mist Form (both morphs): coming out of Mist Form by blocking leaves you running around without block (despite holding down block).
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this thread. I’ve been tanking for 5 years and almost walked away from the game when I couldn’t complete vet graven deep. But looking back at my clips. My block was dropping, or was ignored by the boss. Sad days.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is also a block issue when a tank is bashing to apply turning tide or drakes (probably naked as well) that drops block every 5-10 bashes, which makes this incredibly frustrating to deal with.
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

I

Thanks but I prefer to hit the source of bugs instead of adapting.
  • alsonotan0rc
    alsonotan0rc
    ✭✭✭
    I am curious if this showed up on the PTS or if it's somehow a de novo bug that only affected the live servers for some reason.

I'm not looking forward to tanking anytime before a fix is out, considering that blocking 100% of a mob's/boss's attacks has been deliberately made the focus of tank play. Deliberately, punishingly, unrelentingly focused on blocking everything attack.

Not blocking a vKA mob (not even a boss, but a mob)? Splat. Roll dodge a must-be-dodged bleed effect and then come back up not blocking? Splat. Roll dodge the Power of the Sea Sload attack instead of blocking? Splat. (I'd like to see somebody "adapt" around that last one in particular.)

Any word on when we can expect a fix? Basic combat mechanic not working seems like a pretty big deal to me. Can't even blame Stadia update scheduling for this one.
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that after the update I can't go directly from Meditating to blocking: I have to click block twice. I'm pretty sure I could seamlessly switch from Meditating to blocking before the update
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll dodge itself also seems bugged. I dodge things so many times in pvp and still get hit by them WHILE in the roll-dodge animation. I noticed this especially on Burning Oil (Cyrodiil) . I dodge out of it. i am standing outside shortly after the animation ended, and im still getting hit by it :(
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Since it hasn't been mentioned here: this bug also affects Mist Form (both morphs): coming out of Mist Form by blocking leaves you running around without block (despite holding down block).

WOW! As if vamp didnt have enough problems ;-;
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does ZOS test the game internally before release?

I'm not sure how such a fundamental action as blocking was broken and they didn't notice.
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Tick Tock Tormentor, and I'm looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    Have we gotten any kinda eta for a fix for this? This is pretty broken for tanks in pve. I don’t pvp, but I can imagine it’s probably broken there too.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the latest thing on the Dev Tracker (in general, although it pertains to this issue):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7745846#Comment_7745846

They probably can’t give an ETA if they don’t even have a working fix yet.
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    OnThaLoose wrote: »
    Have we gotten any kinda eta for a fix for this? This is pretty broken for tanks in pve. I don’t pvp, but I can imagine it’s probably broken there too.

Communication has been very limited, it seems they may know about it, but other than that, any sense of priority or when it will be fixed is non-existent.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    😔
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any update on another post as to when this will be fixed?
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just threw a Gryphon Heart pull with 200k health left on Z'maja because block bugged out during Nocturnal's Favor. Funnily enough, someone managed to take a screenshot at the exact moment it hit me, and I was in the ice staff blocking animation, but the block icon wasn't showing up. This has to be fixed.