Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Blocking glitched or deliberately nerfed??

• Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    We recognize this news is frustrating but please trust we will get this fix out as soon as we can.

Do you realize that you are not owed trust, but rather must build it with your customer base? Your poor internal testing has released YET ANOTHER basically-game-breaking bug out into the wild, and the best you can come up with are lukewarm "please trust us" messages?

I can find a little sympathy with the upcoming US holidays, but the other reason I see being thrown around is "Stadia had their hands tied, and things will get better once its out of the way." Maybe that's true. But we didn't decide to put the game on Stadia and force you into ridiculous constraints on how and when you can fix your game. Whoever is leading those decisions needs to get a clue and realize that the only hard work they're putting into your company is eroding the very trust you're begging of us.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    We recognize this news is frustrating but please trust we will get this fix out as soon as we can.

Do you realize that you are not owed trust, but rather must build it with your customer base? Your poor internal testing has released YET ANOTHER basically-game-breaking bug out into the wild, and the best you can come up with are lukewarm "please trust us" messages?

I can find a little sympathy with the upcoming US holidays, but the other reason I see being thrown around is "Stadia had their hands tied, and things will get better once its out of the way." Maybe that's true. But we didn't decide to put the game on Stadia and force you into ridiculous constraints on how and when you can fix your game. Whoever is leading those decisions needs to get a clue and realize that the only hard work they're putting into your company is eroding the very trust you're begging of us.

couldn't have said it kinder myself

can we just get an apology in advance for U37? you already know its going to suck so get a good draft started
  • shinry
    shinry
    ✭✭✭
    I also want to chime in to make sure that the component of the block bug that is affecting channeled abilities is also known and will be incorporated into the fix. When using channeled abilities such as Templar's jabs and beam, you can no longer block cancel it making it lethal to use it as a spammable in several pvp and pve encounters (often as a defining mechanic) where it is necessary to suddenly block such as Halls of Fabrication's Assembly General frequent stomps.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    If fixing block is an issue, then can we at least get rid of all mechanics that require block or implement an autoblock feature like some games have?
  • alsonotan0rc
    alsonotan0rc
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update on fixing the block issue. Not what anyone wanted to hear, but at least it's some communication.
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update on fixing the block issue. Not what anyone wanted to hear, but at least it's some communication.

This is where we're at. Thanking them for doing LITERALLY nothing. Can't properly QA their game. Push out broken content. Take a month or more to fix, if even then.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭
    "We recognize that this patch timeline is a week longer than the usual process. The nature of these issues are complex, and as a result, we need a little extra time to ensure the fixes are properly addressed and fully tested."

I would imagine that the 6 weeks of PTS before the release of U36 would have been the correct timeline to correct these issues. The language Gina uses tells me that they don't have any clue when these bugs became known, weeks before the update went live. I understand they need to make sure the patch that fixes this works on the first try because of the stadia contract they got scammed into, NOT because they are diligent. If they were, then they would've fixed this during the 6 weeks of PTS, not 2 months after they knew about a "priority issue".

Either they knew about the bugs and intentionally chose to let it go live, or they didn't know. Why wouldn't they know for 6 weeks? maybe this is the priority issue you should fix next zos
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Csleia wrote: »
    "We recognize that this patch timeline is a week longer than the usual process. The nature of these issues are complex, and as a result, we need a little extra time to ensure the fixes are properly addressed and fully tested."

I would imagine that the 6 weeks of PTS before the release of U36 would have been the correct timeline to correct these issues. The language Gina uses tells me that they don't have any clue when these bugs became known, weeks before the update went live. I understand they need to make sure the patch that fixes this works on the first try because of the stadia contract they got scammed into, NOT because they are diligent. If they were, then they would've fixed this during the 6 weeks of PTS, not 2 months after they knew about a "priority issue".

Either they knew about the bugs and intentionally chose to let it go live, or they didn't know. Why wouldn't they know for 6 weeks? maybe this is the priority issue you should fix next zos

Did they have 6 weeks, though? There don’t seem to be any posts on the PTS forum about this. I don’t recall seeing them, and I can’t find any now (but please link if you do find one). I was on PTS myself and didn’t notice it, although I didn’t know to be looking for block issues either. So either absolutely no one noticed this for six weeks on the PTS, they didn’t feel such an impactful thing worth reporting here, or these issues were introduced with changes made after the last PTS update, which we know happens. If the latter, that points to a failure in the internal QA process - not necessarily with the QA team, who may well have discovered and reported it, but with getting from the point of discovery to the point of implementing a fix.

That would suggest that introducing changes after the final PTS update is not something worth doing, since they won’t be able to be certain they can QA it and fix any major bugs in time.
  • Baeleth
    Baeleth
    ✭✭✭
    When is blocking going to be fixed??? Nobody is buying this "we're still working on a fix internally" [snip] If this bug provided ANY kind of benefit to the players whatsoever, ZoS would have a fix OVERNIGHT. [snip]

I am so frustrated with the entire gameplay experience, at this point, that I've started browsing other games. My main is a templar so any player reading this understands why I'm so frustrated (we can't even block-cancel our class-defining spammable!). Ever since the lead-up to u35, ESO has fallen flat on its face and, for some insane reason, ZoS refuses to admit it. U35 was an unmitigated disaster yet ZoS is holding on to their mistakes with white knuckles. Class differentiation is all but gone. Healers are no longer needed (furthermore, every single class now has better self-healing than the OG "healer" templar class). 95% of gear is utterly useless as literally every class is wearing the same basic meta gear sets. The entire game experience is completely whitewashed at this point. It's boring [snip]

[edited for bashing/profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2022 7:49PM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Csleia wrote: »

Did they have 6 weeks, though? There don’t seem to be any posts on the PTS forum about this. I don’t recall seeing them, and I can’t find any now (but please link if you do find one). I was on PTS myself and didn’t notice it, although I didn’t know to be looking for block issues either. So either absolutely no one noticed this for six weeks on the PTS, they didn’t feel such an impactful thing worth reporting here, or these issues were introduced with changes made after the last PTS update, which we know happens. If the latter, that points to a failure in the internal QA process - not necessarily with the QA team, who may well have discovered and reported it, but with getting from the point of discovery to the point of implementing a fix.

That would suggest that introducing changes after the final PTS update is not something worth doing, since they won’t be able to be certain they can QA it and fix any major bugs in time.

I was wondering about this stuff as well. I think that at this point the millions of lines of code are so intertwined (we call it spaghetti code) that making what seems like a relatively minor last-minute change can cause a major bug.

Fixing that is really hard.
    PS5/NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there's no guarantee that whatever the "fix" is won't introduce an entirely new set of bugs.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • G0K4R
    G0K4R
    ✭✭✭
    So, anything new on the block bug fix? Can't find any patch notes or hotfix notes...
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this fixed or not?
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was written that block will be fixed in the incremental at 5. Dec....
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622366/update-on-next-pc-console-incremental-patch
    Edited by davidtk on November 30, 2022 8:29AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • G0K4R
    G0K4R
    ✭✭✭
    ... yesterday (after the maintenance) ppl still crashed using encounter logs.

(But I can't confirm this myself, didn't try starting a encounter log yet.)
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G0K4R wrote: »

It was NOT a patch maintenence. there is a one week regular maintenence and next week patch maintenence and 29th was just a regular server maintenence, where nothing was fixed because fixs are planned in the next incremental PATCH that will be at 5th december.
    And btw if you open that link what i posted before your comment you will see that there is "A crash that can occur while using encounter logs" so fix after using /encounterlog will be fixed at 5th december....
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622366/update-on-next-pc-console-incremental-patch
    Edited by davidtk on December 1, 2022 8:24AM
    Really sorry for my english
  • G0K4R
    G0K4R
    ✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    G0K4R wrote: »

It was NOT a patch maintenence. there is a one week regular maintenence and next week patch maintenence and 29th was just a regular server maintenence, where nothing was fixed because fixs are planned in the next incremental PATCH that will be at 5th december.
    And btw if you open that link what i posted before your comment you will see that there is "A crash that can occur while using encounter logs" so fix after using /encounterlog will be fixed at 5th december....

My bad, of course you were right. I confused the weeks there and for some reason thought the incremental patch was last week :D
    Edited by G0K4R on December 5, 2022 7:48AM
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably in here already but yeah heavy attack after block still bugged, how many months has this been now? should we light a birthday candle for it?