Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ravenwatch PC NA

• Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Mega_Nova wrote: »
    Judging by the bars over the last two weeks it looks as though it's finally time to stick a fork into Raven.

It's almost as if all of those players and guilds that said that they were leaving weren't bluffing after all.

I mean... people dont want to work 8-10 hours. Come home, and get slapped by 3x the number than they have at prime time lol. If Raven is to recoup and survive its going to be on the guilds who either come back or are created to put healthy rules in place. Using non prime time vs prime time for arguments on gating and pop really has become irrelevant. Most of the veteran players who have continued to play over the almost decade of ESO are now embeded in real life careers/college.

There are also those of us just waiting until people on AD just get bored and pop for them goes down too, and the nerf for Oaken to go through.

Would be nice to get a healthy 2 bars across nightly for prime time come winter time.

Absolutely agree.

Months ago only a small number of our guild members ever brought up the idea of potentially switching campaigns - and when they did it was always quickly shot down. Then as things didn't change, campaign after campaign after campaign after campaign, that number began to grow. Until it finally reached a critical mass during MM. Now we all just sort of wonder why we didn't re-home campaigns sooner because it really IS much more fun outside of that campaign and its toxic dynamics.

I still like the idea of Raven in the abstract but it began to feel like a fox hunt or something where we were just there for someone else's dark amusement.

Yeah I mean.. Im not going to give up on the campaign. There is just 0 reason for me right now to put a raid of 8-12 together to fight 40+ experienced pvp players. Sure yeah if AD was mainly inexperienced at pvp it would be different. However they are not. Lol. AD has a good core for Raven and solid guilds who have the time to organize and play.

Ive said this to a couple people, come September/October when the kiddos are in school, and my WI life turns into cold/snow; Ill start an EP guild running 5x a week during prime time to rebuild the faction a bit. However im on maybe twice a week right now, no point of trying until I have a decent amount of time to put into the game.

Non cp pvp imo is the best and most fun. Its kinda on all of us as a community to keep it alive for those of us who refuse CP gameplay. Im just hoping Raven makes it through Aug/Sept without a good spread between factions and doesnt completely die.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logged into Raven yesterday afternoon for the first time in two weeks to get Tier 1 on some PvE alts.

Bars 3-1-1 for yellow with all yellow emp, all yellow scrolls, all yellow keeps/resources except for the DC Tri-Keeps (yes, EP was gated).

Decided to light an Ales resource "for science" and observed the results: a 15-stack of yellow converged within 20 seconds and zerged-down the unlucky DC zone player (the only other DC in the zone besides me...) that made the mistake of also coming to the resource.

Same old toxic Ravenwatch.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is kind of sad, I don't want to see the campaign close.

We ran a late night group the other night and had about 30 seconds to abandon a resource or outpost after capturing one or else a dozen AD + tank-emp showed up to take back what was theirs. I can't blame the AD here, you cant tell someone not to win in a pvp zone.

Kinda just hope the other factions start bringing numbers too. For a while the pvp was getting very good. I imagine some of it the lack of population has to do with the burn out after MYM which happens every time.

Last two months were a bit more competitive from the EP side of things anyway and that's because we saw some guilds come out and try to hold the map.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged into Raven yesterday afternoon for the first time in two weeks to get Tier 1 on some PvE alts.

Bars 3-1-1 for yellow with all yellow emp, all yellow scrolls, all yellow keeps/resources except for the DC Tri-Keeps (yes, EP was gated).

Decided to light an Ales resource "for science" and observed the results: a 15-stack of yellow converged within 20 seconds and zerged-down the unlucky DC zone player (the only other DC in the zone besides me...) that made the mistake of also coming to the resource.

There are no incentives to split up. Why would that group of 15 AD players split? Give me at least one reason.
    Edited by Didgerion on August 27, 2022 6:15AM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

There are no incentives to split up. Why would that group of 15 AD players split? Give me at least one reason.

I mean, there isn't any game incentive for doing that it's more of an internal thing - your PvP conception of honor or whatnot.

You just sort of ask yourself, "Do I want to be the type of player that makes a habit out of zerging-down solos at their home resources when I already own the entire map?" I don't want to be that type of player because it makes me feel uncomfortable. IMO, that isn't PvP, it's just being mean-spirited.

Similar thing for killing tourists and questers during Midyear Mayhem - they aren't a threat to anyone so why make them ride their horse for a tiny bit of AP?

Some people will say, "It's just a game" or "It's not against the rules" and, of course, that is technically true. But I would say that just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. It costs me nothing to ride by a solo player and let them go on their way. And I gain the peace of mind of knowing that I'm playing the game in a way that I can feel good about.

Back on-topic: Raven is now deader than dead. I saw the last DC guild in Raven playing in Blackreach last night and it looks like even the AD are barely reaching their second bar during prime time. ZOS claimed that they were watching the population and would step in if things got bad. Well, things are bad - and we're waiting for them to help the campaign.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on August 30, 2022 6:17PM
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭

Blackreach: 2 bars AD- 1 bar EP - 1 bar DC circa 12 AM EST Friday Sept 2.

hin37n6c73bm.png
    p80npbxz1ysj.png

Which is par for the course most nights, when IOTE is finishing up its run in Grey Host.

(Gotta laugh at anyone who thinks introducing permablock proc tanks to RW will increase populations.)

People have a lower tolerance for defeat and a lack of progress across the board it seems.

ZOS can't fix that.

When it's Friday Night, 8 PM, and your faction has Emperor, all six scrolls, and the whole EMP ring...

... and your faction won't log in because you will (as you should) eventually be dethroned?

ZOS can't fix that.

When your EP/DC guild logs into AD to gate camp your own faction because you don't like your EP/DC Emperor...

... and then you find you have no faction left at all?

ZOS can't fix that.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of "whataboutism" in some recent replies, all of which goes entirely over my head because I'm intentionally uninterested in guild and faction politics. When I'm in Cyrodiil I'm there to blow people up not to PvP in the zone chat and in random DMs.

The inconvenient truth that those who engineered it are now attempting to obfuscate is that the current Raven wasteland is precisely the outcome that was warned about for several months - warnings that were heard but entirely ignored.

Not that it matters any more, since all parties have now moved to different campaigns. Raven, as far as I can tell, is now the domain of solo Tier 1 seekers there for the double AP - and a handful of others trying to gank them.
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Friends, raven isnt dead at all.
    In the last few weeks we've had a lot of fun nights in raven. 2bars x 2bars, no proc and cp bs, less lag, is the best pvp cyro has to offer, by far. I only suggest to the Aldmerian zerg to stay in the campaign when you are wonderfully demolished (like last beautiful night) and not just when you have 3x1x1bars. Rolling everything that moves on the map like that results in the presence of only guards on the map, for you to chase them with 237 sorcs spaming fury on them (hehe). We can and should play raven in an inclusive and healthy way for everyone, including new players. It's possible, the last few weeks prove it. That said, it's been wonderfully joy to destroy the aldmerian zerg, most fun fights we have had in no cp in years. And it proves you don't need proc to get the job done. much love to all :kissing_heart:
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    BrianEno wrote: »
    Friends, raven isnt dead at all.
    In the last few weeks we've had a lot of fun nights in raven. 2bars x 2bars, no proc and cp bs, less lag, is the best pvp cyro has to offer, by far. I only suggest to the Aldmerian zerg to stay in the campaign when you are wonderfully demolished (like last beautiful night) and not just when you have 3x1x1bars. Rolling everything that moves on the map like that results in the presence of only guards on the map, for you to chase them with 237 sorcs spaming fury on them (hehe). We can and should play raven in an inclusive and healthy way for everyone, including new players. It's possible, the last few weeks prove it. That said, it's been wonderfully joy to destroy the aldmerian zerg, most fun fights we have had in no cp in years. And it proves you don't need proc to get the job done. much love to all :kissing_heart:

Thats funny, someone else keeps trying to tell me the same thing when I see is exploding EP bodies over and over, that is when they aren't 40K up in the score anyway
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, non-cp zerglings are rly funny
    BZUJUuz.png
    Edited by BrianEno on October 15, 2022 2:50PM
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BZUJUuz.png

Just a FYI... your EP Emp was gate-camping us last night. of all people shouldn't be complaining about us zerging when you're just as guilty. When you poke hornet's nest, don't complain about getting stung.
    Edited by RaikaNA on October 15, 2022 10:50PM
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    BZUJUuz.png

Do another one around 1700 PST
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Jonhi, I cant, Im working at this time as most of us. Prime time everyone knows what happens in our small and happy non cp community, we rly know how to make our beloved campaign thrive :)
    eqfBaJQ.png

• Trader08
    Trader08
    ✭✭
    Jonhi, I cant, Im working at this time as most of us. Prime time everyone knows what happens in our small and happy non cp community, we rly know how to make our beloved campaign thrive :)
    eqfBaJQ.png

On your first SS you're level 11 then 14. Aren't you over level 20 now? Just wondering when those Screen Shots were taken :)
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Zaz, my friend
    SS from last camp. Our group switched to EP recently to balance pop on prime time, you know. Its getting better. :wink:
  • Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Is there an updated list of sets that work in Raven yet? If not can someone let me know if anything has been added to Raven after Oakensoul came out?

• M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Mega_Nova wrote: »
    Is there an updated list of sets that work in Raven yet? If not can someone let me know if anything has been added to Raven after Oakensoul came out?

As far as I know, the only semi-up-to-date list is: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580810/no-proc-no-cp-set-list/p1

I don't believe any new sets were added to no-proc after oakensoul
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    eqfBaJQ.png

Thats my point I can post the exact opposite depending on what time of day it is
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    johnicus wrote: »
    eqfBaJQ.png

Thats my point I can post the exact opposite depending on what time of day it is

Nobody is interested in what the bars are when it's 6:00 AM in North America because most North Americans are doing other things at that time (work, school, etc.). Prime-time is what matters for the overwhelming majority of players on the server.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on October 21, 2022 6:37PM
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    eqfBaJQ.png

Nobody is interested in what the bars are when it's 6:00 AM in North America because most North Americans are doing other things at that time (work, school, etc.). Prime-time is what matters for the overwhelming majority of players on the server.[/quote

Amazing you have the knowledge to put out "nobody" is interested when your version of prime time can vary by 12 hours in North America alone...good attempt though!
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eqfBaJQ.png

Cyrodiil population will never reach balance with the current design.
    As long as 40 players keep getting max reward for flipping empty keeps and players in the group get 2k AP each for killing solo players the population will never be balanced.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spooky cyrodiil
    Dress up in costumes tonight, ladies and gentlemen
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    BZUJUuz.png

Despite that, EP is so good that they are double the score of AD and DC.
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    See, we are just 2x better :)
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year Ravenwatch!!

stk628pphm8b.png
    yb50xije35k3.png

And Ravenwatch-in-Exile!!

PS: Fresh Hot Colovian War Tortes for sale at Black Boot!!
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    yeah. happy new year to a dead campaign, cool. love how the only pvp i actually enjoyed is gone from the game and theres not a soul at zos who would ever be interested in fixing this. [snip]

[edited for minor baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 7, 2023 6:33PM
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they ever going bring proc sets back to this campaign? It’s the only reason majority of people don’t play it there is no denying that… proc sets aren’t even that bad anymore
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All three factions have been poplocked
    Udrath wrote: »
    Are they ever going bring proc sets back to this campaign? It’s the only reason majority of people don’t play it there is no denying that… proc sets aren’t even that bad anymore

I disagree, considering Mara's Balm alone procs are worse than ever. Now you add in the Rush of Agony, Dark Convergence combos and stuff. Not to mention the proposed insanity of the Snake in the Stars set that's on PTS.
    No-proc is way better, you literally don't have to deal with so many of the top complaints about PVP.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    @acastanza_ESO

Proc sets aren't too bad to fight against in battlegrounds anymore. And people use all those sets you named in BGs and majority of the other proc sets have been balanced/nerfed. I wonder if it was a locked campaign if more people would play it? I just really miss the glory days when it was always populated.
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    What gear are you guys running for dd MagDK/Magplar in no-proc Ravenwatch?
    I have a set of Pariah which seems like mabye the best defensive set in no-proc.