The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ravenwatch PC NA

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    That's gray host haha (DC is blue)

This thread is about Ravenwatch the No-CP campaign. Maybe that's where the confusion has been!

Gating in a more populated campaign may be unpopular but it doesn't have as much of an effect on the server population I would think since eventually there will be enough people to react.

Okay, sorry. I was tempted to post another screenshot of the map on PC EU tonight with EP controlling every keep and city, and nearly all of the resources, but that was also Grey Host. It was actually kind of fun to strip off all of my armor (to help me sneak better since I wear 7 pieces of heavy armor), ride all the way across Cyrodiil to Cropsford, play hide-from-the-guards so I could accept a daily, do the daily (collect 6 bags of produce) while hiding from guards and EP players, then hide from the guards some more while I turned in the quest.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RaikaNA

From a perspective of winning I do understand your points and they are absolutely true.

The population of Ravenwatch is so sensitive right now that it does become an issue though. SDC as a guild wants to influence more players to come to this campaign because we believe it has some of the most balanced and smoothest PvP gameplay this game has to offer. But anytime a "new" player logs into this campaign and sees a map all one color it demotes playing in that campaign.

I don't have to explain this to you obviously, I see you and some of your group most nights of the week. But there is only 3-4 active guilds in this campaign and we all make up the vast majority of combat that occurs here. For a truly competitive campaign that needs to change.

Looking forward to the fights tonight though. Win or lose hope both sides are having fun with the challenge.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    @RaikaNA

From a perspective of winning I do understand your points and they are absolutely true.

The population of Ravenwatch is so sensitive right now that it does become an issue though. SDC as a guild wants to influence more players to come to this campaign because we believe it has some of the most balanced and smoothest PvP gameplay this game has to offer. But anytime a "new" player logs into this campaign and sees a map all one color it demotes playing in that campaign.

I don't have to explain this to you obviously, I see you and some of your group most nights of the week. But there is only 3-4 active guilds in this campaign and we all make up the vast majority of combat that occurs here. For a truly competitive campaign that needs to change.

Looking forward to the fights tonight though. Win or lose hope both sides are having fun with the challenge.

Are you sure that's what SDC is trying to do? Or are you specifically talking about DC players, not AD or EP? On January 9th you posted this:

"I'm on DC (so no bias from me). Gating is when you take over the whole map generally overnight(can be broken down into an Alliance basis) where when the other Alliance players log into the campaign they have to start at their starter gate and run out to the first keep. This demotes logging into and staying in the campaign so instead of the alliance slowly building numbers you usually see people log in then walk right back out and the gated alliance being "dead" (no players online), this is especially a problem in Ravenwatch due to the low population."

You explained what gating is and how it can demote others from logging in yet a few days ago I caught SDC gating AD at blackboot. What was SDC doing at Blackboot? I have a screenshot to prove that you and Vancity were at Blackboot as both of you guys were dead on top of the third floor.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RaikaNA

I won't deny it, I'm sure I was at Black Boot. I'm assuming the timing was around when it starts getting active though. I said before I have no issues with "gating" during peak hours (that's how you "earn" a scroll versus stealing the scroll while night capping which DC does too often).

I won't deny that not everyone in SDC agrees with the whole gating issue. Some want to do it so they have more time to react to groups jumping on (but in my opinion if the group wants to dethrone then they'll just ignore the tri-keeps and go straight to the center).

There is also a factor of group size when I'm fighting in the tri keep area. If I walk up solo or in a duo and there are 6+ people trying to take the keep I like to challenge myself and try to stop them. If it's 2-3 people I wouldn't bother and I'd rather let them take the keep. Sometimes I'll even hop on EP to try to help them push out.

But you're not wrong. I should do better about it as well. Apologies.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you already hold enemy scrolls and continue to hold their trikeeps (fare, arrius, glademist) you are discouraging pvp.
    Cyrodiil is a pvp map. If you are interested in pvp, holding those enemy keeps is detrimental to cultivating enemy populations to fight.
    If you are more interested in winning the campaign by a large margin by discouraging the enemy populations by holding their trikeeps, then you are not interested in pvp. You are interested in feeling good by having your faction get 1st place by unsportsmanlike means void of true pvp spirit.

The best campaigns I've participated for in rw over the last 6.5 years were the ones where all 3 factions ended within 1000 points of each other. Those campaigns were really fun. That doesn't happen when people hold enemy scrolls as well as enemy trikeeps.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly play on Blackreach (and occasionally on Grey Host), but I’m getting pretty sick and tired of all the DC ball groups and the constant Dark Convergence bombs from said ball groups. I’m an “old school” ESO player who remembers the fun of actually sieging and countersieging in organized groups, starting and preventing emp pushes, defending scrolls, defending home keeps, etc. — not spending the better part of prime time trying to do those things and instead getting farmed relentlessly by multiple sweaty ball groups that have zero intention of actually playing the campaign. It’s beyond boring being forced to just take resources/cut off transit to “annoy” the ball groups, only to have them undo your work in fifteen minutes tops, so they can get back to farming with ease. I returned to ESO recently after a four year break and the ball groups are honestly completely out of control. It was never this bad in the past.

So… for that reason, I’m interested in trying out Ravenwatch. I play EP exclusively. Are there any decent/fun non-sweat EP guilds worth checking out? And where might I find an up to date list of all the sets that currently work in Ravenwatch?
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I mainly play on Blackreach (and occasionally on Grey Host), but I’m getting pretty sick and tired of all the DC ball groups and the constant Dark Convergence bombs from said ball groups. I’m an “old school” ESO player who remembers the fun of actually sieging and countersieging in organized groups, starting and preventing emp pushes, defending scrolls, defending home keeps, etc. — not spending the better part of prime time trying to do those things and instead getting farmed relentlessly by multiple sweaty ball groups that have zero intention of actually playing the campaign. It’s beyond boring being forced to just take resources/cut off transit to “annoy” the ball groups, only to have them undo your work in fifteen minutes tops, so they can get back to farming with ease. I returned to ESO recently after a four year break and the ball groups are honestly completely out of control. It was never this bad in the past.

So… for that reason, I’m interested in trying out Ravenwatch. I play EP exclusively. Are there any decent/fun non-sweat EP guilds worth checking out? And where might I find an up to date list of all the sets that currently work in Ravenwatch?

The Disenfranchised are a fun, non sweaty group that is ep only. We run official groups Thursday and Friday nights and main Ravenwatch. Whisper me in game or do an application!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

The Disenfranchised are a fun, non sweaty group that is ep only. We run official groups Thursday and Friday nights and main Ravenwatch. Whisper me in game or do an application!

Thanks! I’ll check you folks out. :) Hopefully Ravenwatch will be a better fit for me.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I was there Friday before last (on dc this time), it seemed like each faction had one large group roaming around. Sometimes they clashed, sometimes not. AD ultimately had 3 bars versus 2 each on the other faction and used the number advantage to win fights by attrition (as is tradition in this campaign). A good organized group should be able to find some success regardless.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    When I was there Friday before last (on dc this time), it seemed like each faction had one large group roaming around. Sometimes they clashed, sometimes not. AD ultimately had 3 bars versus 2 each on the other faction and used the number advantage to win fights by attrition (as is tradition in this campaign). A good organized group should be able to find some success regardless.

Yeah, AD usually just throws bodies at the problem... That being said, they usually have the bodies to throw.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just want to say thanks to the DC that crushed this map so hard this month that EP began MYM with the low score bonus for the entire first day of this event. We even had low pop for awhile too. Our group averaged around 200k AP per hour in 5 hours yesterday.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You would be a perfect candidate to join our guild based on what you wrote, but unfortunately, we are an AD guild. If you ever want to play on AD and looking for a guild that focuses on winning the campaign.. give us (Aetherian Avengers) a holler ;)
  • MoonSugar
    MoonSugar
    Soul Shriven
    @Aurielle

I'm not a member of Disenfranchised, largely because I main DC, but even so I hold them in high esteem and recommend them highly, especially for what you've described you're looking for.
    Móòn, DC Nightblade
    Mòón, DC Nightblade
    Kudani, EP Templar
    Ylva Stonewalker, EP Dragonknight
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonSugar wrote: »
    @Aurielle

I'm not a member of Disenfranchised, largely because I main DC, but even so I hold them in high esteem and recommend them highly, especially for what you've described you're looking for.

I checked them out, and they seem like a great crew! Unfortunately, their groups run a little too late for my time zone (Atlantic Standard Time). :(