The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ravenwatch PC NA

• Danbest82
    Danbest82
    I'm looking for an AD guild to play with. All the guilds I find are another campaign and they always seem to have a wait.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danbest82 wrote: »
    I'm looking for an AD guild to play with. All the guilds I find are another campaign and they always seem to have a wait.

Hello if you're still looking for an AD guild to play with. Aetherian Avengers are looking for active players to play in Ravenwatch/Blackreach and Icereach.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Danbest82 wrote: »

If you can wake up early, I know there’s 2 AD guilds that morning cap both Ravenwatch and Blackreach. Easy AP for them.

Good luck.
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit late in posting this, but great fights from the outnumbered Pact vs AA zerg last Friday! AA had numbers at least 2:1 and still lost emp keeps! Hoping more EP show up to even the numbers! Blood foe the Pact!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumenn

We also had fun (The covenant) fighting the Pact 4:1 and winning tonight!!! Would love to see more players in this campaign. Definitely the most fun and actual skill based campaign.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    @Lumenn

We also had fun (The covenant) fighting the Pact 4:1 and winning tonight!!! Would love to see more players in this campaign. Definitely the most fun and actual skill based campaign.

Oh man, you guys had some damage in that group! My heal finger hurt!
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    A bit late in posting this, but great fights from the outnumbered Pact vs AA zerg last Friday! AA had numbers at least 2:1 and still lost emp keeps! Hoping more EP show up to even the numbers! Blood foe the Pact!

And Disenfranchised isn't a zerg? :thinking: Major must have called in 20+ people to fight us (AA) at the RSS at KC.

Anyhow we've been having some great fights from both sides of the table lately... keep it up! I also hope more AD shows up to stop EP and DC from nightcapping the map. I hope we can make Ravenwatch great again :)

-Raika (AA)
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the guild scene like on Ravenwatch NA? Any ballgroups, smallscales or otherwise organized groups? I main Ravenwatch EU but wouldn't mind some overseas experience in the future.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WaywardArgonian

Most of the time it's dead but from 8-12 p.m. Eastern time it can be lively on and off. AD has a regular organized groups that come in, EP probably has about 2 organized groups on and off. Then blue has one group (I'm apart of) that has intermittent playtime. From what I've seen Yellow on a good night will hit 2 bars, red 1 bar, and blues have a roughly 6 man organized group with randoms sprinkled in, but never see a bar for blue.

Blue does seem to have night cappers as well (probably for the best since during prime time we're extremely outnumbered but we put up crazy fights with like 3:1 all the time).

People really sleep on NO-CP. By far the most balanced version of the game (PvP).
    Edited by Jsmalls on December 31, 2023 7:19AM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WaywardArgonian

Most of the time it's dead but from 8-12 p.m. Eastern time it can be lively on and off. AD has a regular organized groups that come in, EP probably has about 2 organized groups on and off. Then blue has one group (I'm apart of) that has intermittent playtime. From what I've seen Yellow on a good night will hit 2 bars, red 1 bar, and blues have a roughly 6 man organized group with randoms sprinkled in, but never see a bar for blue.

Blue does seem to have night cappers as well (probably for the best since during prime time we're extremely outnumbered but we put up crazy fights with like 3:1 all the time).

People really sleep on NO-CP. By far the most balanced version of the game (PvP).

Thanks. On EU activity fluctuates a lot, but I've seen faction locks earlier this month. At the very least we never struggle to find fights.

I only have a levelled AD character on NA though so if anyone on AD Ravenwatch side is in an organized group and looking for an extra healer, hit me up.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

And Disenfranchised isn't a zerg? :thinking: Major must have called in 20+ people to fight us (AA) at the RSS at KC.

Anyhow we've been having some great fights from both sides of the table lately... keep it up! I also hope more AD shows up to stop EP and DC from nightcapping the map. I hope we can make Ravenwatch great again :)

-Raika (AA)

Ha ha, yeah, we almost had even numbers there! I can't remember the last time we had to start zz3. It's nice to see the fruits of Major's recruitment drive. Elara has been pretty happy about it.

Also glad to see some DC involved. They have been nonexistent for a while.
    Obituary:
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WaywardArgonian

Thanks. On EU activity fluctuates a lot, but I've seen faction locks earlier this month. At the very least we never struggle to find fights.

I only have a levelled AD character on NA though so if anyone on AD Ravenwatch side is in an organized group and looking for an extra healer, hit me up.

You know, if you want to make an EP on NA, I've got an invite for you... we have a lot of non US players, but mostly aus/nz.
    Obituary:
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml

We're the few but we have some crazy elite players on our side (DC). Most of us have been playing for what feels like a decade now. But we're very intermittent. It's a tough balance because we don't want to outnumber the other alliances but we want enough players that we can compete with the full ~2 bar yellow wave when it does come.

Would love to see a more consistent playerbase there
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lumsdenml

We're the few but we have some crazy elite players on our side (DC). Most of us have been playing for what feels like a decade now. But we're very intermittent. It's a tough balance because we don't want to outnumber the other alliances but we want enough players that we can compete with the full ~2 bar yellow wave when it does come.

Would love to see a more consistent playerbase there

Oh, agreed. It's been pretty good the last few Fridays, which is when our guild runs. Two bars AD is a given, but EP has been able to muster a couple bars recently. If we can get DC more active, it could be really fun in there.

One of the best experiences I've ever had in video games is back when I first joined The Disenfranchised. Back in BWB where we were running organized 24man groups and we were either defending the last emp keep or trying to take the last emp keep.... 50-60 players on each side taking turns wiping and getting wiped, back and forth. Some of those fights were a couple of hours long...
    Obituary:
  • DagothCorvia
    @Lumenn

Oh man, you guys had some damage in that group! My heal finger hurt!

I think at our focus in AA is just in having fun lol, not even a certain alliance in specific.
    If we were up there just for the glories we would be like certain person I don't want to mention (because is a non-grata person within the three alliances and kinda well known for having rage issues).
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was rough, but also a lot of fun (DC). There were at least 40 of each side (yellow and reds).

My 5 man group mostly got run over but we had a really good stand in BRK very outnumbered.

It's really hard to find the right balance of people to play. Last night we really needed a full 12+ man group to fight back the 40~ man groups of each alliance. But normally a 12 man group would be overkill. If we keep getting consistent numbers like that we'll definitely try to get a more consistent group on our side (DC).
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Raika (AA)

Ha ha, yeah, we almost had even numbers there! I can't remember the last time we had to start zz3. It's nice to see the fruits of Major's recruitment drive. Elara has been pretty happy about it.

Also glad to see some DC involved. They have been nonexistent for a while.

Did Major recruit the alphabet mafia (originally DC) to join EP? Last night when we were on I was quite surprised to see them on EP. I wish they switched back to DC to balance things a bit.
    @WaywardArgonian

You can always join our AA group whenever we are on (Thursdays and Fridays starting at 8PM EST). We are pug-friendly and welcome all to join... from novices to veterans. ALL are welcome. You're welcome to join our guild too if you want.
    Edited by RaikaNA on January 5, 2024 4:05PM
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was rough, but also a lot of fun (DC). There were at least 40 of each side (yellow and red).

My 5 man group mostly got run over but we had a really good stand in BRK very outnumbered.

It's really hard to find the right balance of people to play. Last night we really needed a full 12+ man group to fight back the 40~ man groups of each alliance. But normally a 12 man group would be overkill. If we keep getting consistent numbers like that we'll definitely try to get a more consistent group on our side (DC).

I could imagine how tough it was for you guys on the DC side.. Again I was surprised to see that the alphabet mafia switched factions... they started on DC... now they're EP? I thought we all did great :)
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was rough, but also a lot of fun (DC). There were at least 40 of each side (yellow and red).

I could imagine how tough it was for you guys on the DC side.. Again I was surprised to see that the alphabet mafia switched factions... they started on DC... now they're EP? I thought we all did great :)

It was still a lot of fun. If you guys are regular for Thursday/Friday 8 pm EST we'll try to recruit for a regular group around that time. Would need EP to see if they are regular around those times. Would be really fun to see RW have real Tri-fight active times on RW. Win or loss I could care less, long as it's fun active fights!
  • M1SHAAN
    M1SHAAN
    ✭✭✭

Did Major recruit the alphabet mafia (originally DC) to join EP? Last night when we were on I was quite surprised to see them on EP. I wish they switched back to DC to balance things a bit.

Since we're primarily a social guild, we're trying out rotating between the alliances and between CP/no-CP so that folks can use their toons from different factions. That works out for me because the toon I created specifically for PvP is languishing unleveled as an AD lol.

We had crazy turnout last night with several people completely new to PvP, so hopefully some end up joining the greater PvP community.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M1SHAAN wrote: »

Since we're primarily a social guild, we're trying out rotating between the alliances and between CP/no-CP so that folks can use their toons from different factions. That works out for me because the toon I created specifically for PvP is languishing unleveled as an AD lol.

We had crazy turnout last night with several people completely new to PvP, so hopefully some end up joining the greater PvP community.

I certainly give you guys credit for coming out and getting your feet wet. I remember the first time I had to enter the dreadful place called Cyrodill to farm for Caltrops and vigor for my first stam pve toon... I hated being in Cyrodiil.. After a while, it just grew on me... I was invited to a PVP guild (AA), and since then I couldn't stay away from Cyrodiil.

I hope you guys stay in ravenwatch :) We do need more people here, thought.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fights last night all around. We'll work on getting more in but loved the activity!
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw some new names in here tonight, hopefully the activity keeps picking up. DC really needs to stop gating at night to influence more people to get on and stay on.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is "gate camping"? I can hazard a guess, but if I'm correct then I'd have to disagree with all this bashing of DC for "gate camping," as whenever I pop into Cyrodiil at night it seems like the map is usually solid red and it's impossible for me to capture back one of our (DC's) resources without either being killed before it flips or having to watch it being flipped back while I'm trying to flip the next one. Can someone 'splain it to me?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on DC (so no bias from me). Gating is when you take over the whole map generally overnight(can be broken down into an Alliance basis) where when the other Alliance players log into the campaign they have to start at their starter gate and run out to the first keep. This demotes logging into and staying in the campaign so instead of the alliance slowly building numbers you usually see people log in then walk right back out and the gated alliance being "dead" (no players online), this is especially a problem in Ravenwatch due to the low population.

What it sounds like you're talking about is also a problem to an extent in my opinion. If one person comes and stops you, well I mean that might just be a skill issue which is frustrating but you either have to group up with people online in the campaign (might be an issue due to gating demoting staying in the campaign) or practice dueling. Now if they come Zerg you at your first keep and your alone / in a 2-3 man group, now that is disrespectful an unhealthy for the life of the campaign.

As far as what you said about the campaign being entirely Red, I guess it depends what main players are active. If SDC (the guild I'm in) is active in the campaign we generally won't let them entirely gate us. Red and yellow have more numbers but we're very reactive and will put down groups 4x our size. The past two weeks its been Blue that is gating EP and AD, so I'm sure it's variable on who has emperor or who is active.
    Edited by Jsmalls on January 9, 2024 5:41PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What it sounds like you're talking about is also a problem to an extent in my opinion. If one person comes and stops you, well I mean that might just be a skill issue which is frustrating but you either have to group up with people online in the campaign (might be an issue due to gating demoting staying in the campaign) or practice dueling. Now if they come Zerg you at your first keep and your alone / in a 2-3 man group, now that is disrespectful an unhealthy for the life of the campaign.

It may or may not be a single person. The thing is, if an alliance controls every keep, resource, and city on the map, players from the other two alliances are at a severe disadvantage when trying to retake their own resources and keeps, because even if there are only a few players from the controlling alliance online, they can quickly reach any location on the map as soon as they see that someone is trying to flip a resource or capture a keep. The only counter to that is for multiple players to try to flip multiple resources at the same time, but there's basically no one else on in my alliance at the time, or at least no one who has any desire to help. As you say,
    you usually see people log in then walk right back out

But my original point was that I've never seen the entire map controlled by DC; it's nearly always EP, and every once in a while it's AD. That might simply be due to "bad timing" as far as when I decide to go to Cyrodiil, but it just strikes me as funny that people in this thread are talking like DC has some incredible stranglehold over the entire map when my own experience is that it's usually EP who does.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SeaGtGruff

Yes the controlling alliance has advantages. But with what you are speaking on (no one with any desire to help) I think is in main part due to no one staying online when logging in and seeing that. Now if you had your first couple keeps or a corner keep you'd be more likely to stay online and try to push forward (as would other players). Then you're able to group up and actually fight back.

If gated though this doesn't happen.

Like for example yesterday when I got on we had a few keeps with Red was in control of most the map. I started pushing a keep and I got a response from a few Red players. Usually there are no reds online. It was at a point where it was a 4v1 against me so I messaged a few buddies to come even the odds. We then proceeded to move into the inter keeps and balance out the map etc.

Usually if it's all Blue there are 0 reds online until like 8 p.m. EST when their larger guild comes online. Because they weren't gated more were inclined to actually play.

It doesn't really matter what alliance is in control whether it's Blue, Red, or Yellow the point of the matter is don't gate while the population is low to better promote players staying online.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DC is back at their old "gate camping" tricks again! Wait, DC is the Red Team, right?

https://ibb.co/02xmwqM
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on January 10, 2024 3:43AM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's gray host haha (DC is blue)

This thread is about Ravenwatch the No-CP campaign. Maybe that's where the confusion has been!

Gating in a more populated campaign may be unpopular but it doesn't have as much of an effect on the server population I would think since eventually there will be enough people to react.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw some new names in here tonight, hopefully the activity keeps picking up. DC really needs to stop gating at night to influence more people to get on and stay on.

Hi Jsmalls :)

I'm in the minority in saying that I'm not against gate camping from the perspective of winning the campaign. Unless ZOS fixes or overhauls the entire AvA AP and campaign-winning system... it's just how it is. The emperor from the DC side wants his faction to win, and he is backed up by a strong guild that is willing to help him and stay up late to defend his empire.

I can understand that not everyone likes the concept of gate camping... My only suggestion is to not participate when other factions retake their trikeeps back.