Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ravenwatch PC NA

• BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Another victim being small scaled by tm... gross.
    giphy.gif
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Friday night dethrone right? TM only ran Saturday and Sunday night. Every DC is in TM though I guess.

Could have been any Saturday or Sunday night really since I only see TM on for any length of time when the numbers are like that. If the fights are roughly even they tend to log out after getting beaten a few times and then complain on the forums about not being able to use proc sets.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Friday night dethrone right? TM only ran Saturday and Sunday night. Every DC is in TM though I guess.

Could have been any Saturday or Sunday night really since I only see TM on for any length of time when the numbers are like that. If the fights are roughly even they tend to log out after getting beaten a few times and then complain on the forums about not being able to use proc sets.

I'm sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful but I really don't think AD has any idea how the rest of the campaign has felt about theinsane amount of gate camping done by the AD zerg over the last few months. The only reason Raven isn't dead right now is because AoC was too stubborn to leave when AD's 70 man zerg was gate camping the map every day last fall. Raven lost a lot of players over that (including my group). And everytime I've been back there I get hit by a 40man zerg everytime I try to take so much as a resource.

Yes, lack of offensive proc sets are a problem in Raven when the opposing zerg runs the defensive proc sets that were allowed in the campaign for some reason along with stage 4 vamp.

Edited by neferpitou73 on May 10, 2022 1:06AM
  • Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Campaign is about to go dead on DC / EP from the sounds of it. For me personally only playing a few nights a week prime time; there is 0 fun going against numbers double-triple your size. Not to mention AD has 2 guilds running some sort of comp.

We ran a 11 healer group tonight. Let me say that again. 11. I recorded the whole night. Seeing EXACTLY, according to miats mind you, 17 total EP vs 54 AD on BrK mill. Just insane. On a Monday.

People are leaving Raven in 4 days come the end of this campaign. Hate to say it but this is pretty much the end of organized play on the campaign for EP/DC on a regular basis. GGs AD. Enjoy the gates.
    Edited by Mega_Nova on May 10, 2022 4:40AM
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This most recent campaign has been relegated to how long EP can hold their home keeps or at least an emp keep or two before everything collapses. New players aren't interested in being steamrolled simply because the other faction has, on average, 2 to 4 times as many players on a side at any given time. From their perspective, why stay? This absolute obsession over the "victory" at the end of the campaign rings hollow when the campaign itself is dying or already dead.

Even our most popular nights see us barely numbering AD focuses anymore, and more of us are just plain tired of it. Very little can be done these days with morale and motivation so low.

How many more people have to move on to another campaign rather than face an entire faction-worth of players defending minor objectives in the name of a meaningless score before our competitors realize that it's the good fights that make a campaign fun, not placement for a faction? It was a genuinely enjoyable experience to be in Ravenwatch. Now, it's a burden to play when "fights* are just not there anymore.

Edit: I've noticed that this is the ebb and flow of Ravenwatch through the history of this forum. I hope that, at some point, the ebb flows into the right direction for ALL factions. As it stands, my personal choice is to do what's most fun for myself and my guild members/friends. Whatever that choice is, I will move with it. We want Ravenwatch to be healthy. I know I do. I had hoped I could make a greater impact on the campaign for EP, but I failed there and that happens. Ravenwatch is just not healthy right now for a variety of reasons, ranging from what has been recently outlined to more niche issues, such as personal attacks by competitors or major deliberate focusing. These things are small, really, but they add up to an overall unpleasant experience that just is how it is. It is PvP after all! Let's hope for solutions between ourselves that are civil, genuine, and helpful.
    Edited by Aka_ on May 10, 2022 5:51AM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    This most recent campaign has been relegated to how long EP can hold their home keeps or at least an emp keep or two before everything collapses. New players aren't interested in being steamrolled simply because the other faction has, on average, 2 to 4 times as many players on a side at any given time. From their perspective, why stay? This absolute obsession over the "victory" at the end of the campaign rings hollow when the campaign itself is dying or already dead.

Even our most popular nights see us barely numbering AD focuses anymore, and more of us are just plain tired of it. Very little can be done these days with morale and motivation so low.

How many more people have to move on to another campaign rather than face an entire faction-worth of players defending minor objectives in the name of a meaningless score before our competitors realize that it's the good fights that make a campaign fun, not placement for a faction? It was a genuinely enjoyable experience to be in Ravenwatch. Now, it's a burden to play when "fights* are just not there anymore.

Edit: I've noticed that this is the ebb and flow of Ravenwatch through the history of this forum. I hope that, at some point, the ebb flows into the right direction for ALL factions. As it stands, my personal choice is to do what's most fun for myself and my guild members/friends. Whatever that choice is, I will move with it. We want Ravenwatch to be healthy. I know I do. I had hoped I could make a greater impact on the campaign for EP, but I failed there and that happens. Ravenwatch is just not healthy right now for a variety of reasons, ranging from what has been recently outlined to more niche issues, such as personal attacks by competitors or major deliberate focusing. These things are small, really, but they add up to an overall unpleasant experience that just is how it is. It is PvP after all! Let's hope for solutions between ourselves that are civil, genuine, and helpful.

Regarding the last part. I know in the past AoC/RR had a rule about not gate-camping unless you needed it to catch up in score. While that wasn't always followed to the letter I thought it made the campaign a little healthier. It was dropped last summer IIRC because EP were being poor sports (at least in DC's eyes). It'd be great if the guild leaders on each faction could work out something like that again. Tho it seems like there may be more hostility present now than there was.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »

Regarding the last part. I know in the past AoC/RR had a rule about not gate-camping unless you needed it to catch up in score. While that wasn't always followed to the letter I thought it made the campaign a little healthier. It was dropped last summer IIRC because EP were being poor sports (at least in DC's eyes). It'd be great if the guild leaders on each faction could work out something like that again. Tho it seems like there may be more hostility present now than there was.

As far as I know all leaders of major guilds discourage or ban gate-camping.

Naturally, there are some people who want to do it because they get sick of being gate camped themselves and want revenge; or because of the way the low pop score works they feel they have to take the whole map. But every actual leader of a major guild I have talked to tries to stop this.
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone here who has been playing non cp for years knows that dominance is cyclical (so does crying ;) ). Soon it will be DC or EP as it always was, and that's all right, that's part of the game. What is not part of the game is creating bots to increase AD pop, if you know what I mean.
    Also, all hail Spoon!!! her guild has been in non CP for years, even when AD was gate camped daily and literally went more than 2 years without winning a campaign, she was there fighting bravely than all old farts here complaining. GET PACKED. With all respect and civility, of course.
  • QuintusVaLari
    QuintusVaLari
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who interacts with me in Raven knows I'm just here for fights. I very much enjoy being outnumbered and having an uphill battle. I stopped playing as much during the 2 weeks we outnumbered AD last camp cause it was not as fun.

Recently though, it's not an uphill battle, it's a sheer cliff.
    I have so much footage recorded from the last month of 30-50 AD repeatedly swarming 6-12 EP on a resource or our home keeps - I could make a montage.
    The only AD group I see consistently go out of their way to try to find fights away from their faction is DC92/GodofWar's gang.

Meanwhile, if EP and DC coincidentally light two different keeps I get PMs from certain AD whining about 'team purple' even when AD holds every scroll, half the map, and is winning the campaign by a large margin.
    Also, if EP brings more than 20 anywhere I get PMs from certain AD whining that we're zerging/faction stacking?

In my experience and interactions, much of AD are hyper-paranoid about spies and faction loyalty and cares about an arbitrary score far more than good gameplay/content.

I seriously don't understand nor do I expect it to change, but I'll do what I always do - go where the fights are. Right now that is not Ravenwatch.

(Also, in case it was not clear, I'm not doing the common thing where I say ALL of the faction is doing x,y, or z. There are awesome people on AD who also don't like the current state of Raven. I'm just tossing my perspective in as someone who has been playing EP Ravenwatch non-stop for the last 6 months or so)

Edited by QuintusVaLari on May 10, 2022 10:24AM
    QuintusVa'Lari
    Former Emperor Sorc Werewolf
    Legendary Squirrel Chaser
    Bringer of Baps

Quintessential Gaming YouTube
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BrianEno wrote: »
    Everyone here who has been playing non cp for years knows that dominance is cyclical (so does crying ;) ). Soon it will be DC or EP as it always was, and that's all right, that's part of the game. What is not part of the game is creating bots to increase AD pop, if you know what I mean.
    Also, all hail Spoon!!! her guild has been in non CP for years, even when AD was gate camped daily and literally went more than 2 years without winning a campaign, she was there fighting bravely than all old farts here complaining. GET PACKED. With all respect and civility, of course.

Amen
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, it’s sucks getting gate camped. Better make sure and do it to everyone else while we can!
    Quoted post has been removed.

Get PACKED you pacifists.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 10, 2022 9:34PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see Raven die like this. But we need some more opposition in BR so I'll be happy to see you guys there if that's where you end up.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

The reason why AD consistently has a lot of players and doesn't have to resort to night capping, bringing in guilds from other campaigns, creating bot toons to sit in enemy factions, and other dirty tricks is precisely because we have cultivated a strong sense of faction loyalty.

Also kudos on acknowleding that EP and DC work together and still aren't good enough to beat the Queen's army!
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 10, 2022 9:33PM
  • Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Last night my group on EP fought the AD faction stack, 45 AD to 9 HEALERS. That's right. HEALERS.
    AD, I spent some time in your faction, I even emped there. My month and a half there was the worst I've ever had in pvp. You guys ostracize people for having joined a certain guild, even if they're new and no idea to how the faction is there.

So thank you, for killing Ravenwatch. For forcing EP and DC to work together and even then you still have the numbers advantage. But keep calling out spies, kicking people out of guilds for playing more than one faction, or anything else that you guys do.

The reason why AD consistently has a lot of players and doesn't have to resort to night capping, bringing in guilds from other campaigns, creating bot toons to sit in enemy factions, and other dirty tricks is precisely because we have cultivated a strong sense of faction loyalty.

Also kudos on acknowleding that EP and DC work together and still aren't good enough to beat the Queen's army!

12v12? 😁
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How to Keep a Campaign Healthy and Inspire Others to Play 101 /s
  • AdexiTheOneEyed

I find this hilarious because AD does resort to night capping. Every night lately actually, and you guys actually had AA come into Ravenwatch to help you faction stack. Your "strong sense of faction loyalty" aka, bullying people who don't just play AD, reminds me of a certain person in EP on BR.

By saying that we were forced to work together and we still didn't have the numbers to routinely beat the AD faction stack, that shows that there is no counter to a faction stack in no proc, and that we're playing the way the game is designed. Not only that, it should show you just how few are left in the other 2 factions because of the way AD has been treating everyone else in the campaign.
    Cyro was designed for 2 smaller factions to take out the larger faction if needed. So yes, we're playing the way the game was meant to be played.
    Former Empress
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    That was a few days ago. All factions 3 bars, all DC and EP guilds stacking against AD (including those who are complaining here) After like 5 wipes, DC and EP went down to 1 bar. But the problem is EP and DC stacked cant use procs. "hilarious". :)
    fPNYpRo.png
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The facts don't matter to the people complaining here @BrianEno they don't care that they've done things like call in 70+ DC and 30 EP to coordinately stack a scroll temple against half that many AD defenders. They don't care that they'll call in multiple guilds from other campaigns to faction stack but heaven forbid we have the gall to ask for any help ever. They don't care that they're the ones who started rolling the map at midnight with full raids that we only recently started fighting back against. They don't care.

Edit: removed previous edit because the reply I was referring to was deleted.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on May 10, 2022 10:21PM
  • Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Right..... lol here's the current map, right at the start of prime time. :)

https://imgur.com/WpLwIrC
    Edited by Mega_Nova on May 10, 2022 10:25PM
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Mega, my friend :kissing_heart:
    See, your whole argument lost its meaning. If it's ok for you to organize DC and EP guilds against AD (all factions 3 bars), does AD players need to leave the game so you can win? Theres no way AD (plus bots) has more players than EP and DC 3 bars stacked, and you guys wiped. Many. Times. I know its sad, I honestly feel you, but just accept in your heart that whole DC and EP guilds were absolutely obliterated by AD, it's more honorable. With all respect, as always.
    Edited by BrianEno on May 10, 2022 10:26PM
  • Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Previous post to go with the map was reported. Is what it is lol. Enjoy yourselves out there. :)
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, shame! It was an interesting text. see u :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posting a map from after you've already told us your faction is quitting the campaign is hardly a meaningful argument, but ok.
  • QuintusVaLari
    QuintusVaLari
    ✭✭✭

This whole thing with complaining about DC and EP working together is really silly.
    I got 3 PMs the other night asking why we were ganging up on AD with DC because we hit Sej and Drake after we saw DC hit Ash.
    AD had all 6 scrolls and was winning the campaign by alot.
    The next day we were hardcore gatecamped and the justification was 'because team purple'
    The mental gymnastics on display from certain AD is impressive.

Mega, my friend :kissing_heart:
    See, your whole argument lost its meaning. If it's ok for you to organize DC and EP guilds against AD (all factions 3 bars), does AD players need to leave the game so you can win? Theres no way AD (plus bots) has more players than EP and DC 3 bars stacked, and you guys wiped. Many. Times. I know its sad, I honestly feel you, but just accept in your heart that whole DC and EP guilds were absolutely obliterated by AD, it's more honorable. With all respect, as always.

I mean... you clip or screenshot anything? Sounds like amazing content if you can wipe such crazy odds.
    I have not seen EP at 3 bars for more than like 30 minutes in a month.
    And I have hours upon hours of video footage that shows numbers at many of the fights you and I have been at these last few months. I'm curious which fights you're talking about.

Edited by QuintusVaLari on May 10, 2022 11:45PM
    QuintusVa'Lari
    Bringer of Baps

• BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like it's not AD here complaining that "I can't win cause other faction has too many players" "i need procs to win" "we play 2 factions vs you cause you deserve it". Very silly imho. Also, everyone who was there knows it happened. Probably won't happen again sadly, cause apparently there is tremendous frustration a bad taste of defeat spread across DC and EP at the moment, understandable after such crushing defeats ... but silly.
  • QuintusVaLari
    QuintusVaLari
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like it's not AD here complaining that "I can't win cause other faction has too many players" "i need procs to win" "we play 2 factions vs you cause you deserve it". Very silly imho. Also, everyone who was there knows it happened. Probably won't happen again sadly, cause apparently there is tremendous frustration a bad taste of defeat spread across DC and EP at the moment, understandable after such crushing defeats ... but silly.

You are interpreting one person's opinion as being a whole faction's?
    Most people I play with don't care about winning, we just want fights.
    My comments (and the opinions of most people I run with) is that the 'fights' have been very rare this month. Having 40+ Ad show up to crush 6-12 EP at an EP home resource is not a fight in my eyes.
    If we cared about 'winning' a lot of us would have left a long time ago, haha.
    I also don't think that one person's thoughts/actions represent the whole faction - I'm just posting some of my experiences.
    Some of you guys are chill, fun, and just plain awesome.

I don't know why some of you guys take any observation as personal attacks.
    And I'm beyond confused why the response to AD oftentimes having more players is to straight deny it, claim botting, etc.

Edited by QuintusVaLari on May 10, 2022 11:36PM
    QuintusVa'Lari
    Bringer of Baps

• Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

I find this hilarious because AD does resort to night capping. Every night lately actually, and you guys actually had AA come into Ravenwatch to help you faction stack. Your "strong sense of faction loyalty" aka, bullying people who don't just play AD, reminds me of a certain person in EP on BR.

I suggest you work on building faction pride and nurturing a team spirit rather than resorting to underhanded tactics and lashing out at people on the forums.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest you work on building faction pride and nurturing a team spirit rather than resorting to underhanded tactics and lashing out at people on the forums.

Hard to build faction pride when you can't actually play the game due to the 70man zerg running Pariah+Vamp ready to nuke you when you set foot outside your gates.

Well whatever, we'll be glad to see Scourge Alliance, etc in BR next campaign. Hopefully some TM will show up too.

We could actually use some AD zerglings in BR but I guess they'll be busy lording over this empty campaign.
  • BrianEno
    BrianEno
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I also find it very strange that people treat factions as an entity, as if we could control all the AD players you are complaining about. Ofc we cant. Its such obvious thing that its funny some of you are so serious about it.
    We all want an active campaign with balanced pop, especially as we're tired of tearing apart the frustrated, agonized and demoralized bodies of all of you poor little battered whiners (much love for u all).
    I just think that complaining on forum about pop and attacking AD guild leaders isnt part of the solution.
  • Mega_Nova
    Mega_Nova
    ✭✭
    Lol. 😂😂😂😂😂😂