The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark convergence future ......

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Personally, instead of targeting specific skills like this, I would rather see them improving Battle Spirit. Currently, it nerfs healing, damage, and shields. Why not also nerf DOT durations, or AOE radiuses, or ultimate costs, or crit cap? There is a a larger PvP playstyle issue and making an arbitrary duration change to DC does nothing.

Your DOT nerfs are entirely PvE in origination. They are not an issue at all in PvP outside of like Savage werewolf which I remain convinced was bugged, not "secret feature." DKs have the strongest DOTs and were just fine.

I've been told that DC also stands out for trash pulls as well; so they might see it as an issue in both PvE and PvP.
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Cyber10 wrote: »
    The nerf should only affect PvP modes. There is no reason to change the cool-down in PvE. It would be very easy to nerf the set in PvP only, [snip]

The set drops from PVP boxes. Honestly, its usefulness in PVE is entirely irrelevant and shouldn't be considered at all. Since its entire purpose was as a tool to combat PVP groups.

Exactley.. I dont know why they are nerfing it in PvE. I built a fun build around it for PvE and it really does not need to be changed for PvE.

[snip]

The set is being balanced around its intended usage. [snip]

Its relevant to me and I am sure to other players as well. The biggest complaint around the set is its use in PvP and they mentioned it specifically in the patch notes, so it should only be adjusted in that environment.

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

I completely disagree with that logic. One of the major fun factors of ESO is creating a build around how you like to play and what sets appeal to your play style. Just because a set drops from PvP or PvE does not mean that it is not relevant for use in one or the other and that should be considered.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:53AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf should only affect PvP modes. There is no reason to change the cool-down in PvE. It would be very easy to nerf the set in PvP only, [snip]

The set drops from PVP boxes. Honestly, its usefulness in PVE is entirely irrelevant and shouldn't be considered at all. Since its entire purpose was as a tool to combat PVP groups.

Exactley.. I dont know why they are nerfing it in PvE. I built a fun build around it for PvE and it really does not need to be changed for PvE.

[snip]

Its relevant to me and I am sure to other players as well. The biggest complaint around the set is its use in PvP and they mentioned it specifically in the patch notes, so it should only be adjusted in that environment.

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

I completely disagree with that logic. One of the major fun factors of ESO is creating a build around how you like to play and what sets appeal to your play style. Just because a set drops from PvP or PvE does not mean that it is not relevant for use in one or the other and that should be considered.

But the set was explicitly designed with only 1 intention: limit the effectiveness of ball groups in Cyrodil. ANY balance considerations outside of that intended goal are not relevant. PVE applications of the set do not fall into the sets intended purpose, therefore, entirely irrelevant.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:56AM
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking for Dark Convergence to be balanced around PvE is like asking for trial sets to be balanced for PvP. Minor Slayer is useless for PvP so I want all the trial sets with Minor Slayer to be changed to something useful for PvP. See how silly that sounds?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence:
    AOE 60% snare
    AOE pull
    AOE Stun
    AOE Damage

I'm on board with Dark Convergence being deleted. The groups it was meant to work against are the same who use it most effectively. While we wait for this to never happen, disable same-heal stacking in PVP via battle spirit. While we wait for this to never happen ...
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, this set should work differently on mobs / monsters and differently vs players (Similarly to how Teleport Strike used to work in the past).

The CCs could be tone down by 1 step if the target is a player. So Pull would be converted to Stun, and Stun Would be converted to snare.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 1, 2022 5:29PM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, instead of targeting specific skills like this, I would rather see them improving Battle Spirit. Currently, it nerfs healing, damage, and shields. Why not also nerf DOT durations, or AOE radiuses, or ultimate costs, or crit cap? There is a a larger PvP playstyle issue and making an arbitrary duration change to DC does nothing.

Your DOT nerfs are entirely PvE in origination. They are not an issue at all in PvP outside of like Savage werewolf which I remain convinced was bugged, not "secret feature." DKs have the strongest DOTs and were just fine.

I've been told that DC also stands out for trash pulls as well; so they might see it as an issue in both PvE and PvP.

First, I'm not advocating for any specific nerfs. I am only advocating that any PvP balancing issues should be handled through Battle Spirit or some other PvP centric buff. I only listed "DOT" to list things currently unaffected by Battle Spirit, but could entirely be controlled via Battle Spirit if the situation arose.
    Second, Plaguebreak?

Correct. It is very good in PvE as well. I run it there and it's amazing, very specifically for 4 man dungeons. Too good? Perhaps. However, it's a 5 piece set for trash pulls... who is advocating that a set can be too strong for that niche situation? TLM? It's also a net DPS loss for bosses. For PvE, it feels perfect. Great for some situations, lousy for others. From my extensive PvE usage perspective, it's fine.
    Edited by Billium813 on August 1, 2022 5:37PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, I'm not advocating for any specific nerfs. I am only advocating that any PvP balancing issues should be handled through Battle Spirit or some other PvP centric buff. I only listed "DOT" to list things currently unaffected by Battle Spirit, but could entirely be controlled via Battle Spirit if the situation arose.
    Second, Plaguebreak?

What about Plaguebreak?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second, Plaguebreak?

Plaguebreak isn't a DOT issue though, it is a Plaguebreak issue. Adjust Plaguebreak and the issue is solved.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Plaguebreak?
    Plaguebreak isn't a DOT issue though, it is a Plaguebreak issue. Adjust Plaguebreak and the issue is solved.

It's a DOT. Plaguebreak is a high damage DOT that technically can't be cleansed or you explode. It's super common and used everywhere.

The reply from TechMaybeHic seemed to indicate no one uses DOTs in PvP (even though that missed my point entirely). I'm not advocating to nerf it, calm down. You're missing my point.
    Edited by Billium813 on August 1, 2022 5:52PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Plaguebreak?

It's a DOT. Plaguebreak is a high damage DOT that technically can't be cleansed or you explode. It's super common and used everywhere.

The reply from TechMaybeHic seemed to indicate no one uses DOTs in PvP (even though that missed my point entirely). I'm not advocating to nerf it, calm down. You're missing my point.

Nobody uses Plaguebreak for the DOT and you might want to check that tooltip before calling that DOT "high damage" And I did not say nobody USES DOTs. I said that they are not a huge problem outside of savage werewolf. Well; unless you want to count siege.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak issue is that it procs when target dies. It is coded in a very bizarre way. The tooltip says that "If the plague is removed early", but why is dying even considered as a negative effect removal ? ? ? You Die... that is not enough of a penalty ? ? ? When I have Haunting Curse on me & I die - then it is still on my corpse and keeps on exploding. Even if one will respawn - the Haunting Curse is still there. My point is - dying does not remove negative effects. Plaguebreak can receive nerf & nerf, but for as long as it procs on death it will be busted balance-wise.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well it's a PvP set obtained from PvP. It's one of those sets that should not be factoring PvE into it's balancing.

And they're incapable of balancing PvP and PvE separately. Oh how I wish they could though.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make the ability react differently to players and monster (e.g. similar to negate). Players are snared and if they dont move they get hit.

Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 60% snare to players, while pulling in monsters, and after a 1 second delay, stunning them for 1 second. After 4 seconds, the area deals 821 Magic Damage to all enemies in the 10 meter area, and 1642 Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing by 50% for each target. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on August 1, 2022 7:16PM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Dark Convergence was created to combat the zerg/ball groups. It is meant to punish "large" groups for being near each other. That's all well and good, but it's applicable in so many more situations, all the way down to just 1 or 2 players! I think what we need to determine is "what is ok to combo with DC?" and "when is it acceptable?" so that we can evaluate when DC should be good and when it shouldn't.

For instance consider these examples of situations to use DC on:

1) an organized ball group of 12 players
    2) random zerg of 30 players
    3) BG with 4 players
    4) solo player

Currently, the set is applicable for ALL of these situations. You can scale the damage all you want, but the pull utility and stun is priceless for combo potential. For 1 & 2, its good on it's own and amazing with a combo. For 3, it's meh on its own and amazing with a combo. For 4, it's only good with a follow up combo, but still fine.

If the point is for DC to combat zerg and ball, I think it shouldn't be applicable for less than 4 players. If 10-20 players get sucked in and die, that's the whole point of the set! If 2-3 players are sucked in and nuked, it feels bad. More than 6 players feels almost acceptable. Make the pull only work if it catches 4 or more players. Keep the AOE damage if you want; with only 3 people, they should be able to just run out before it goes off.
    Alternatively, make the pull roll dodge-able. In my experience, one of the worst parts is when I see the effect, go to roll dodge out, but get sucked right back in... If you see it coming, you should be allowed to escape. Otherwise, what's the point of the visual?
    Edited by Billium813 on August 2, 2022 3:25PM
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

But the set was explicitly designed with only 1 intention: limit the effectiveness of ball groups in Cyrodil. ANY balance considerations outside of that intended goal are not relevant. PVE applications of the set do not fall into the sets intended purpose, therefore, entirely irrelevant.

Patch notes: Dark Convergence: Increased the cooldown of this set to 25 seconds, up from 15, to help reduce the frequency in which it can introduce Ultimate-like effects to the battlefield.

I didn't say balance it outside of PvP, I made a suggestion that the cool-down change of 25 sec should only be active in PvP. Obviously they are balancing it around PvP and whats the difference if in a dungeon it stays at 15 sec?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:57AM
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it, this set should work differently on mobs / monsters and differently vs players (Similarly to how Teleport Strike used to work in the past).

The CCs could be tone down by 1 step if the target is a player. So Pull would be converted to Stun, and Stun Would be converted to snare.

I agree with that.
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    Asking for Dark Convergence to be balanced around PvE is like asking for trial sets to be balanced for PvP. Minor Slayer is useless for PvP so I want all the trial sets with Minor Slayer to be changed to something useful for PvP. See how silly that sounds?

Please help me understand where exactly I asked for the set to be balanced around PvE?

Here are the patch notes:
    Dark Convergence: Increased the cool-down of this set to 25 seconds, up from 15, to help reduce the frequency in which it can introduce Ultimate-like effects to the battlefield.

What I suggested is to apply the cool down change only in a PvP environment since the original cool-down is not an issue in PvE as they stated "battlefield" in the notes. Many sets can be used for PvE and PvP, regardless of where they drop, so balance for both areas should be considered. I know people who have bleed builds for PvP and they use Bloodrinker, which drops from Bloodroot Forge. If they nerfed the bleed damage buff to 15% because it was to OP in PvE that would obviously affect PvP players also. My point is that if a set is OP in a certain environment and is fine in the other the nerf should only be active when in the OP environment. Nothing silly.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »

Please help me understand where exactly I asked for the set to be balanced around PvE?

Here are the patch notes:
    Dark Convergence: Increased the cool-down of this set to 25 seconds, up from 15, to help reduce the frequency in which it can introduce Ultimate-like effects to the battlefield.

What I suggested is to apply the cool down change only in a PvP environment since the original cool-down is not an issue in PvE as they stated "battlefield" in the notes. Many sets can be used for PvE and PvP, regardless of where they drop, so balance for both areas should be considered. I know people who have bleed builds for PvP and they use Bloodrinker, which drops from Bloodroot Forge. If they nerfed the bleed damage buff to 15% because it was to OP in PvE that would obviously affect PvP players also. My point is that if a set is OP in a certain environment and is fine in the other the nerf should only be active when in the OP environment. Nothing silly.

That sounds well and good, but it's clear the devs have a vision for the set. And that vision is for PVP and punishing large groups, not trash mobs in PVE or anything else. So I highly doubt they will consider PVE at all when deciding how to factor balancing behaviors of the set, since like I said their vision for the set is just for punishing large groups of players in PVP.

It's not a stat enhancement set or modifying set or anything like that, the sole intent is to be a zerg buster set, and if that's their vision for the set they will pretty much only consider PVP scenarios as anything else falls outside of their vision entirely.

5889f77bd0dba1d3d8d062cddde58505.png
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary spamming and back-and-forth from this thread.
    • Spamming: Please do not post spam on the official The Elder Scrolls Online forums. Below are a few examples of what we define as spamming:
      - Posting the same message more than once
      - Posting messages that are nonsensical or have no real content
      - Posting messages or images large enough to disrupt the normal flow of conversation
      - Reposting material that has been removed by a member of the ESO Team
      Also, please refrain from posting the same topic in multiple areas of the forum, or cross-posting in an attempt to gain further views or replies. This is considered spamming, and the duplicate threads will be removed.
    This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is - well, was - a lovely set in PvE to create density while XP farming.

I'll probably use VH S&B now for that purpose but this set was arguably a better back bar choice.

Said that this wasn't its primary purpose when it was released and I just considered it a happy accident that filled a niche in PvE same as Plagebreak did in dealing with trash.

In its intended usage scenario however this nerf is still not going to entice me back to CP PvP.

Maybe if it consumed 89% of the user's max HP to fuel the proc as well.

Maybe.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on August 8, 2022 10:05AM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball group nightmare.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should be removed entirely, the only time I've died in pvp in the past day was because of this idiotic carry set. It's the same fight every single time...pulled in, smashed by goliath. :|

Quoted for truth. The ball groups running multiple Necros using DC/Goliath is downright ridiculous and easily accounts for the vast majority of my deaths during this current Mayhem event. I would rather get steamrolled and teabagged by a 30-man zerg than just getting hoovered and hammered over and over again.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • TROJAN_KNIGHT
    TROJAN_KNIGHT
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to start off saying that I'm not against balancing a game. Some have presented issues about the cool down, the original vision of the developers for the gear and the original nerf. When the developers present a item in the game the product should be finished, this game is not a beta and every time something new comes out the developers have more than enough time to test them out in the test server or in a closed test environment before throwing it out into the general public, that being said there might be some unforeseen effects on the game play by certain items were they would need to be tweaked not mega nerfed. The issue of the original vision for it being used a certain way in PvP gameplay, the item is available for PVE also, so players who do play mostly PVE might find it useful in their gameplay to use. So, when developers start making changes to an item in a game, they should have in consideration both sides, PVE and PVP. When they start modifying items, it won't only affect PVP players, it will affect all players in the game who use such item. this game is not promoted as just PVP or PVE, it's promoted on having both, so when they make these changes it's only logical that they would have both sides in mind. Now the part that bothers me is that my time that i choose to play this game it's not free, you can either choose to play it or not and this game does have some part of grinding to it if you want to max out you armor. When you invest this time which is not 2 to 3 hours, to only see that an item that you invested these days, weeks or possibly months to take to a legendary state especially the jewelry which is not very easy to bring up to legendary takes a lot of time to do it. Now before somebody says "don't play the game then" there's always one, finish reading. make a npc that you can give the items to that you no longer want, because of you, the developers changing it from which it was originally promoted. Because you, the developers create a hype, you show the details before it's released, players prepare, gather materials because they like what they see, they start planning to use an item, just for it to be months later, six months later or even a year later changed, because a certain percentage of players are not in agreement on how it's used. this NPC should not cost 5000 crowns, it should be part of the game, in certain towns where you can go and basically sacrifice the item to receive back 100% of the materials it takes to the level the item is at blue, purple, gold, in other words you get your 2 blue, 3 purple 4 gold plating back. I know you might say what's stopping you from going and buying gold items in the markets, well people might hike up the prices accordingly so it wouldn't be an issue, but if it is you the developers have the ability as you've done in the past when you change things like CP tree to present the option to a player when they turn on the game what items they have in their inventory that's been nerfed or "balanced" and if they would like to keep it or not, an option in the menu or whatever to sacrifice the item to receive back the materials it would take to take the item to its current level. Or an NPC that takes your "balanced" gear that you have and the new gear that you like and want to replace it with, the old one that was "balanced", to transfer it to the same level as the "balanced" one. some might say that there are abilities that are unbalanced and need to be nerfed or "balanced" it's not the same when you need to gather materials and grind to take an item to a certain level. it's like saving up for a car, you buy it and then one day you wake up and it's the same car but a lesser model, when you asked what happened and they tell you. "Your neighbors didn't like that model, so we got you one that looks like there's because they like it better that way” but you are the one that saved up for it. the point is make an item work a certain way in PVP and keep the original in PVE, or give us a way to regain the material we invested in upgrading an item so we can invest in another item, that way it wouldn't have been a waste of time farming mats to upgrade, now I understand why some players don't bother upgrading an item to Legendary, a lot of my friends told me don't bother and now I understand why. I don't only say this because of dark convergence, but it is the reason why I decided to write something, because it's the third item set, I’ve taken to legendary that has got nerfed or let's say the correct term not "balanced" but "redesigned".