The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark convergence future ......

Astin_nds
Astin_nds
✭✭✭
Is it really necessary to nerf the Dark convergence time even more? , It is every 15 seconds and if it were set to 20s maybe it could serve half but every 25s? There are many sets that can offer more than this, in fact I use Dark convergence a lot but it has only had nerf after nerf after nerf and yes at the beginning it was very strong... but now you can easily get out of it, you can cover yourself easily, long ago less damage than before .... I think they will finish killing it, just as few classes use it, necromancer style to make bombs because it combines well, for the rest ... who else uses Dark convergence? , to have the proc every 25 instead of 15 seconds, I think it would be discarded even for necromancers...
Edited by Astin_nds on July 28, 2022 8:39PM
-Be happy ... play with magick but figth with stamina on StaminaCroll Online
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, well, Good.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will trade 5 seconds off cooldown for 25% smaller diameter
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭

zgor48jxhfy2.png

15s --> 25s
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭
    Is more faster the necromancer sinergy , with 20s xD
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    Astin_nds wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to nerf the Dark convergence time even more? , It is every 15 seconds and if it were set to 20s maybe it could serve half but every 25s? There are many sets that can offer more than this, in fact I use Dark convergence a lot but it has only had nerf after nerf after nerf and yes at the beginning it was very strong... but now you can easily get out of it, you can cover yourself easily, long ago less damage than before .... I think they will finish killing it, just as few classes use it, necromancer style to make bombs because it combines well, for the rest ... who else uses Dark convergence? , to have the proc every 25 instead of 15 seconds, I think it would be discarded even for necromancers...

This set is a cancer... in pvp only caluurion's is the same... if caluurion's will be nerfed (and it will be stealth nerfed) it's ok a nerf for dark convergence... I don't understand why these sets aren't nerfed with battle spirit... it would be better choise.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zgor48jxhfy2.png

15s --> 25s

Yep. I would be ok with 20 seconds and a 25% diameter reduction in stead, as stated.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on July 29, 2022 12:48PM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess you are predominantly a pve player. As a pvp player it is my oppinion that DC def needs to be nerfed!
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like people who seethe with blind rage have never seen this effect in a game before. Lets list off a few games that have this type of effect available.
    DOTA 2: Enigma's Black hole ultimate. Dark Seers Vacuum wave, Magnus's: Reverse Polarity ultimate.
    Smite: Ares' Ultimate, and Cereberus' as well
    Overwatch: Zarya's Ultimate, and one of Orisa's skills.

These are just off the top of my head, and there are probably dozens of other games with this effect or a comparable one so it's not uncommon. The usual thing though that they have in common is a decently long cool down. If there's a nerf to give to DC its on the cooldown of it so I don't feel like this is too much. But it's a staple of gaming and is quite clearly not going anywhere.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, its way to strong this thing has the highest utility in the game. PERIOD! I hope they kill this the same with every other proc set! How about using your skills on your bar instead of a set!

" now you can easily get out of it, you can cover yourself easily, long ago less damage than before"
    Yes this set is sooooo bad! LOL this is used in every single group out there! No diversity in play at all in PVP. You know there is going to be a pull in every single fight. Please do not come on the boards and say something is useless when it is one of the most used sets in PVP.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence should be tied to ultimates. "When you use an ultimate that leaves an effect on the ground..."

Rush of Agony should be next up on the chopping block
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be removed entirely, the only time I've died in pvp in the past day was because of this idiotic carry set. It's the same fight every single time...pulled in, smashed by goliath. :|
    Edited by alternatelder on July 30, 2022 3:34AM
  • Atrael7
    Atrael7
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    I feel like people who seethe with blind rage have never seen this effect in a game before. Lets list off a few games that have this type of effect available.
    DOTA 2: Enigma's Black hole ultimate. Dark Seers Vacuum wave, Magnus's: Reverse Polarity ultimate.
    Smite: Ares' Ultimate, and Cereberus' as well
    Overwatch: Zarya's Ultimate, and one of Orisa's skills.

These are just off the top of my head, and there are probably dozens of other games with this effect or a comparable one so it's not uncommon. The usual thing though that they have in common is a decently long cool down. If there's a nerf to give to DC its on the cooldown of it so I don't feel like this is too much. But it's a staple of gaming and is quite clearly not going anywhere.

Or how about let's take the closest previously existing example within ESO itself - Ruinous Cyclone, aka. the Volendrung ultimate. As a reference for those that maybe don't know what that is, here's the description:

• Turn into a living cyclone, dealing 10000 Physical Damage every 0.5 seconds for 7 seconds in an 8m radius, while pulling all enemies within 15m closer to you.

This Ultimate costs 250, is only available to the Volendrung wielder within Cyrodiil, and it even requires you to be within close to melee range to be effective at all. Carrying Volendrung puts an icon on the map everyone can see, as well as a giant space beam on the wielder so that everyone can tell where they are exactly. In other words, everyone with functioning eyeballs can tell where you are and the potential you have to wreak havoc and punish stacked opponents. Of course, it also paints a massive target on you, meaning that if you are unsupported, you're more than likely to get focused down and killed, thus dropping the hammer.

Now, let's look at Dark Convergence as it is on live currently:
    • Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 60% snare and pulls enemies after a 1 second delay, stunning them for 1 second. After 4 seconds, the area deals 821 Magic Damage to all enemies in the 10 meter area, and 1642 Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing by 50% for each target. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

So, every 15 seconds you can pull and stun everyone within 10 meters, you can still have an ultimate to follow up with (let's just give necro collossus as an example, since it's the most common combo you see), and finally, and this really is the kicker, you can do all this from range with any old ground targetted aoe - mages guild rune, necro graveyard, caltrops, etc. etc., which, I'd say largely makes this much more risk free than the melee only Volendrung alternative. Not to mention, 15 seconds later, you can cast another one. Sure, if you kill a dozen people with Volendrung, you'll get another ult up, but that's not something that occurs all that often, is it? It isn't a guaranteed "yeah okay, i whiffed, but in a few seconds I can try again, no biggie".

Now, Im not saying that there's no counters to DC to those typing their replies already, anyone that's played PvP for any amount of time since it was introduced has learned to block and not stack by this point. But the fact that this thing still exists and enables such easy access to such a potentially fight-changing play, SO EASILY AND SO OFTEN, on every class? There's a problem with that, and the dev comment in the patch note addresses just that:
    • Dark Convergence: Increased the cooldown of this set to 25 seconds, up from 15, to help reduce the frequency in which it can introduce Ultimate-like effects to the battlefield.

Get real, this thing is ridiculous and has been since its inception. Keep nerfing it till only the people that have the group coordination to use it as intended do so.
    Edited by Atrael7 on July 30, 2022 7:03AM
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be nerfed in PvP and PvP only. It's overpowered there. But in PvE it plays just great. I actually started to like playing as necromancer in dungeons when I decided to try Dark Convergence.
    So, in my opinion, cooldown should be increased (and/or maybe damage lowered a bit) only when the Battle Spirit is active.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is lots of fun in pve, random normals, etc.

I hope they can revert it to 20 seconds, but it seems of late they don't really care about our fun anymore, only some mythic "balance" they're chasing. It's getting really disheartening.

Have died to it plenty in pvp, but usually only when combined with an ulti dump, and often you can just block the initial pull then roll out.

Some people just get really bent out of shape in pvp though.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people who complain about Dark Con are still getting pulled and ult dumped while their immovable pot is off CD xD Even if you don't see the ult dump coming, you have 1sec to react to the visual before the pull occurs.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people who complain about Dark Con are still getting pulled and ult dumped while their immovable pot is off CD xD Even if you don't see the ult dump coming, you have 1sec to react to the visual before the pull occurs.

Such a simplistic and obviously understated description of how this disaster of a set works in reality in Cyrodiil. There is no "all you gotta do" easy counter with lag and a constant blanket of this nonsense littering the field and absolutely EVERYONE but ZoS knows it full well, so just stop with this garbage.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    It really is lots of fun in pve, random normals, etc.

I hope they can revert it to 20 seconds, but it seems of late they don't really care about our fun anymore, only some mythic "balance" they're chasing. It's getting really disheartening.

Have died to it plenty in pvp, but usually only when combined with an ulti dump, and often you can just block the initial pull then roll out.

Some people just get really bent out of shape in pvp though.

I've blocked and rolled many times, sometimes well outside the area but I'm pulled back in anyway.
  • Astin_nds
    Astin_nds
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

No, its way to strong this thing has the highest utility in the game. PERIOD! I hope they kill this the same with every other proc set! How about using your skills on your bar instead of a set!

" now you can easily get out of it, you can cover yourself easily, long ago less damage than before"
    Yes this set is sooooo bad! LOL this is used in every single group out there! No diversity in play at all in PVP. You know there is going to be a pull in every single fight. Please do not come on the boards and say something is useless when it is one of the most used sets in PVP.

This set is used in both pvp and pve , and currently it is perfect , in pvp I escape from it like nothing if I cover myself the pull does not affect me , and on top of that it no longer does the damage it did , if you die against 6 players it is normal because no matter how much 1 v X you want to be and the X players are good you die or flee. So don't say that it's zergs, it's groups, it's a set that focuses only on crowding entities, it's very weak if you know how to dodge, because I've seen people who seemed literally immune to it, no pull or damage or anything, you also don't need the pull , there is the fear of fighters guild that hits you insta fear and hunts 300 times better than the Dark convert popio since you don't see fear coming, if they want to nerf the time of use so as not to use it so much I can see it well and said BUT .. 15 to 25 is ***, 15 to 20 ok, since the synergy of a necromancer that does between 20k and 30k damage I can spam you every 20 seconds exactly, so stop talking nonsense, any veteran pvp knows how to dodge it perfectly, and don't go alone against a zerg...
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you seen Cyro during mayhem--it's a mini-game of which group has them most dark convergences, even if you escape one, there's only so much time your immunity lasts, meanwhile everyone is casting them. At one point I saw a group cast three colossi on a dc proc at the same time from different angles... it was supposed to be a counter for ball groups but ball groups take the most advantage of it.
  • IamDestiny
    IamDestiny
    ✭✭✭
    It should be removed entirely, the only time I've died in pvp in the past day was because of this idiotic carry set. It's the same fight every single time...pulled in, smashed by goliath. :|

And you are not zerging people down by any chance?
    Usually people do not ulti dump a solo player.
    Durham wrote: »

Yes we should keep nerfing everything to the point where only the number of people that zerg matter.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least this set can end big fights quickly.
    I do think it's a bit silly for one set to have this much impact on the battlefield, zerg or ballgroup or whatever.
    The issue with ballgroups is their 67 layers of the same hots stacking, making them nigh unkillable and causing lag, not DC.
    I think the cooldown nerf is warranted tho, again this is such an impactful set.
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    The nerf should only affect PvP modes. There is no reason to change the cool-down in PvE. It would be very easy to nerf the set in PvP only, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:44AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyber10 wrote: »
    The nerf should only affect PvP modes. There is no reason to change the cool-down in PvE. It would be very easy to nerf the set in PvP only, [snip]

The set drops from PVP boxes. Honestly, its usefulness in PVE is entirely irrelevant and shouldn't be considered at all. Since its entire purpose was as a tool to combat PVP groups.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:44AM
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

The set drops from PVP boxes. Honestly, its usefulness in PVE is entirely irrelevant and shouldn't be considered at all. Since its entire purpose was as a tool to combat PVP groups.

Exactley.. I dont know why they are nerfing it in PvE. I built a fun build around it for PvE and it really does not need to be changed for PvE.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:45AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactley.. I dont know why they are nerfing it in PvE. I built a fun build around it for PvE and it really does not need to be changed for PvE.

<snip>..

The set is being balanced around its intended usage. <snip>

<snipped for Baiting & to remove quote>
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:46AM
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Dark Convergence a 1 or 2 minute (or longer!) cooldown. That way it's still useful situationally, but you'll have to think about when to use it instead of just spamming it all willy-nilly.

ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Dark Convergence a 1 or 2 minute (or longer!) cooldown. That way it's still useful situationally, but you'll have to think about when to use it instead of just spamming it all willy-nilly.

They should probably give it the Rallying Cry treatment with group member scaling.

Make its damage less effective per member of your group, all the way up to just being a stun for groups of 8-12. So, solo it does the most damage. 4 man, still effective, less damage, 6 man even less damage. 8-12 man group, it stuns/pulls but does zero damage. That is it.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should probably give it the Rallying Cry treatment with group member scaling.

Make its damage less effective per member of your group, all the way up to just being a stun for groups of 8-12. So, solo it does the most damage. 4 man, still effective, less damage, 6 man even less damage. 8-12 man group, it stuns/pulls but does zero damage. That is it.

The damage is not really the issue though. Not even really needed in groups using it. Its the pulling everyone together into a choke point and breaking up game flow. Then we get into how it seems to pull well outside its circle which they have tried to fix unsuccessfully. CC break not working.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, instead of targeting specific skills like this, I would rather see them improving Battle Spirit. Currently, it nerfs healing, damage, and shields. Why not also nerf DOT durations, or AOE radiuses, or ultimate costs, or crit cap? Or maybe they can make PvP a specific buff for PvP sets (similar to Aegis or Slayer for dungeon mobs)? They just keep making changes to sets trying to balance PvP and PvE without acknowledging they are entirely different things. There is a a larger PvP playstyle issue and making an arbitrary duration change to DC does nothing.
    Edited by Billium813 on August 1, 2022 3:25PM
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

The set is being balanced around its intended usage. [snip]

Its relevant to me and I am sure to other players as well. The biggest complaint around the set is its use in PvP and they mentioned it specifically in the patch notes, so it should only be adjusted in that environment.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 7, 2022 10:48AM