Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Isobel & Ember Rapport Report - PTS (Updated for Live)

• Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I've been getting it pretty regularly (when I remember to summon it, so maybe once a day).

I summoned the pets I have again now and while I didn't get any rapport again yesterday, I got +1 again for each now. It's been around ~22 hours since the last time, so I would expect it to be a 20h cooldown (or they reset with the writs?).

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cooldowns are the big question at this point, but unfortunately it's hard to test that without some very meticulous timing and record-keeping. Resetting with writs is another possibility, but I'm generally not awake at that time to run stuff back-to-back. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Huy
    Huy
    Soul Shriven
    (My testing was done with a template character who automatically got the companions unlocked. I haven't done any of the actual companion quests.)

How did you do that?
    Do you know the way to prevent that I have to do the quests with ALL my chars?
    That would be great!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huy wrote: »
    (My testing was done with a template character who automatically got the companions unlocked. I haven't done any of the actual companion quests.)

How did you do that?
    Do you know the way to prevent that I have to do the quests with ALL my chars?
    That would be great!

Template characters can only be created on PTS. They're basically a way for people to get all the stuff to test without needing to go find it on their copied "real" characters. So unfortunately it's not an option for the live servers.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • YunaWolf
    YunaWolf
    ✭✭
    Why do I never receive Rapport for Isobel + High Isle Boss Quest?

I did it the day before yesterday: Undaunted + High Isle Quest >> Only received for Undaunted

Next day / yesterday I thought, maybe you only receive +125 it once per day, so I did it the other way round: High Isle Quest + Undaunted >> Again, nothing for High Isle, but Undaunted

So today, I only did High Isle Quest >> nothing for this again.

Is it just like for Miiri and this Ashlander Thingy? For Mirri I also stopped doing these and only did Fighter's Guild then.

Seems I can only use Undaunted Quests to level her Rapport.
    ۩۞۩ Yuna Wolf ۩۞۩

================ PC / EU / Germany ================
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've definitely gotten Isobel rapport for High Isle WB quests, but there are also times when I'll turn one in (the only one I've done all day) and the loot drop addon doesn't show a rapport gain. I've never been sure if it's an addon issue or I'm not actually getting the rapport, and if it's the latter (which is honestly likely) I have no idea why it wouldn't register.

I've also sometimes failed to get the +5 for doing a volcanic vent, and visiting Undaunted enclaves seems to be hit or miss too.

Something something buggy nonsense?
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Cooldowns are the big question at this point, but unfortunately it's hard to test that without some very meticulous timing and record-keeping. Resetting with writs is another possibility, but I'm generally not awake at that time to run stuff back-to-back. :D

I tracked the timing for Embers High Isle Delve Daily and I'm pretty sure they reset with the writs. I got it again once after ~10 hours with writs resetting in the time between while I didn't get it after handing in the quest after ~19 hours without them resetting.
    I'm assuming it is the same for the other dailies. At least I got the rapport every time I handed in the quest after writs resetting.

I didn't write the timing down, so I'm still not sure for the pets.

Embers rapport increase for runestones has a cooldown for 1 hours (I didn't get it after 55 minutes, but after 61 it triggered).

YunaWolf wrote: »
    Why do I never receive Rapport for Isobel + High Isle Boss Quest?

I did it the day before yesterday: Undaunted + High Isle Quest >> Only received for Undaunted

Next day / yesterday I thought, maybe you only receive +125 it once per day, so I did it the other way round: High Isle Quest + Undaunted >> Again, nothing for High Isle, but Undaunted

So today, I only did High Isle Quest >> nothing for this again.

Hm, seems like there might be some problem like the one with Mirri then or something?
    The only time I didn't get the rapport for the boss daily in the last few days was when I handed one in before the writs reset or when doing several in a row for the do 30 dailies achievement.

I've also sometimes failed to get the +5 for doing a volcanic vent, and visiting Undaunted enclaves seems to be hit or miss too.

Something something buggy nonsense?

Yes, I noticed that too for the vents as well as for the undaunted enclaves.
    Not sure what it depends on. Being mounted when entering the undaunted enclaves as I first thought can't be the reason since I haven't gotten it several times when on foot either.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Füßchen wrote: »

I tracked the timing for Embers High Isle Delve Daily and I'm pretty sure they reset with the writs. I got it again once after ~10 hours with writs resetting in the time between while I didn't get it after handing in the quest after ~19 hours without them resetting.
    I'm assuming it is the same for the other dailies. At least I got the rapport every time I handed in the quest after writs resetting.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

I have stayed up until reset, entirely for the good of the people and not because I was in a youtube hole and noticed what time it was.

Ember got heist rapport at 12:48am (before reset) and also got heist rapport at 1:07am (after reset).

Isobel got Undaunted rapport at... I didn't take a screenshot, but it was like 12:55am, and after reset at 1:28am.

With your less precise but corroborating observations on the High Isle daily, I think we can reasonably conclude that all of the dailies are once per day resetting at daily writ and stuff reset time.

Go go detective team.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • YunaWolf
    YunaWolf
    ✭✭
    And I do not understand, how it is possible again:

to be on the save side more than 24h later I turned in High Isle Boss Quest with Isobel, and again received nothing - only for Undauted

But I do not have any issue with Ember + Mage Guild + High Isle Quest :disappointed:

It's so confusing for me :D

Edit:
    Weird idea: I always do the same boss quest to test, because this is shared with me, so I do not have to take it from the NPC - Maybe it does only work with the first quest / when you pick the quest yourself ô.O

Edit 2:
    Believe it or not - THIS WAS the case
    I did the regular quest, which was offered, and received rapport again

This means, Isobel does not like shared High Isle Boss Quests and you have to take them from the NPC - while Ember does not care :D

Edited by YunaWolf on June 16, 2022 9:52AM
    ۩۞۩ Yuna Wolf ۩۞۩

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YunaWolf wrote: »
    Edit:
    Weird idea: I always do the same boss quest to test, because this is shared with me, so I do not have to take it from the NPC - Maybe it does only work with the first quest / when you pick the quest yourself ô.O

Edit 2:
    Believe it or not - THIS WAS the case
    I did the regular quest, which was offered, and received rapport again

This means, Isobel does not like shared High Isle Boss Quests and you have to take them from the NPC - while Ember does not care :D

Are you sure it wasn't a matter of the two different quests being rewarded differently? Like Boss A doesn't give rapport regardless, while Boss B does?

Do you remember which specific quests/bosses they were? Maybe we should start a record of which bosses do and don't give rapport and see if we can find patterns there.

You bring up an interesting possibility, but I think it would be good to explore more before we can know definitively if that's what's going on.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the WB "Serpent Bog" quest from the NPC this morning, completed it, and got +125 rapport for Isobel. I have not tried with a shared WB because frankly I dislike those world bosses, they're still quite buggy (had one despawn, and another one did not give credit for completion even though there were just 2 of us killing it).
    PC-EU
  • YunaWolf
    YunaWolf
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it wasn't a matter of the two different quests being rewarded differently? Like Boss A doesn't give rapport regardless, while Boss B does?

You're right, I am also going to test this

The one I received as shared quest and never worked the last days:
    Ein besonderes Reagenz / Special Reagent / Monard Falls

The one I took myself today and which worked was:
    Emporstrebende Schatten / Ascendant Shadows / Dark Stone Hollow

I will get the last Quest again shared tomorrow, so we can test, if it works, even if it was shared - and IF this works, I will have to check daily, if I get "Special Reagent" again and if only this one is bugged.

Or maybe someone else here gets this quest and can test it as well - but let's see, what tomorrow brings ^^
    Edited by YunaWolf on June 16, 2022 9:22PM
    ۩۞۩ Yuna Wolf ۩۞۩

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today I did the Special Reagent WB daily (Mornard Falls), which I had saved from 2 days ago (picked up myself, not shared). No rapport.

Then I picked up and did the Sable Knight daily (Y'ffre's Cauldron), and did get rapport.

I also managed to unsummon Isobel by fatfingering the Q button during a vent, so go me. :sunglasses:
    Edited by Ilsabet on June 17, 2022 2:47AM
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the isobel achievement for talking to lyris, is it possible to check this box by talking to lyris in a dungeon (such as icereach where lyris is an integral part of the story)

its well known at this point that the checkbox for accepting a duel is bugged which is also kind of annoying but i still have at least a weeks worth of rapport grind for her anyway (just finished maxing ember out today)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday 17th, picked up "Ascendant Shadows" WB quest form the daily quest giver, spoke to the extra NPC in town, completed the quest (not grouped, another very good player happened along), turned in quest, got +125 rapport with Isobel.

So this is working...
    PC-EU
  • YunaWolf
    YunaWolf
    ✭✭
    Hello again,

funny @Ilsabet that you coincidentally had this quest too and where able to test it

As mentioned I tested the quest, that has worked yesterday, but as shared quest today, and it still worked, so it is not the fact, that the quest was being shared, but it is this special Boss quest, which does not count

Ein besonderes Reagenz / Special Reagent / Monard Falls
    does not count, shared and not shared

Emporstrebende Schatten / Ascendant Shadows / Dark Stone Hollow
    does count, shared and not shared
    ۩۞۩ Yuna Wolf ۩۞۩

• Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    We have another winner for Isobel:

(The Bravil Retriever.)

I unlocked the Jerall Rescue Dog today and Isobel gets +1 rapport for that one too.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for the isobel achievement for talking to lyris, is it possible to check this box by talking to lyris in a dungeon (such as icereach where lyris is an integral part of the story)

I dragged a friend through normal Icereach to check this out, and you have to fight through like half the dungeon before you can actually talk to Lyris, but it does indeed grant rapport.

Isobel also got +5 rapport from the first boss we killed, which is not something I'd observed before. She didn't get rapport from killing any of the other bosses, or from completing the dungeon or its quest, so there must be a cooldown on it.

It occurs to me that she did get +5 from killing the first boss in our nBC1 run on PTS, but I presumed that that was +5 for killing a boss-type Daedra since it was a giant clannfear. So maybe I just interpreted it wrong, but then it's also interesting that she didn't get a separate +5 for killing a giant clannfear.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potential locations for Lyris Titanborn, depending on quest completion status:

If the Vestige has not done the Wailing Prison tutorial or completed the base game main questline:
    Lyris can be encountered in the Wailing Prison during the first main quest "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour," and at various times during subsequent main quests and/or between quests in the Harborage.

If the Vestige has not done the Greymoor prologue quests:
    Lyris can be found in the Fighters Guilds in the starter cities of each alliance (Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard, and Davon's Watch).

If the Vestige has access to the Icereach group dungeon:
    Lyris can be interacted with after defeating the second boss in Icereach (Sister Skelga).

If the Vestige has not completed Greymoor:
    Lyris can be encountered at various points during the Greymoor main questline; the initial quest "The Gathering Storm" must be progressed to a certain point before she appears.

If the Vestige has completed Greymoor:
    Lyris will be among the company gathered inside the Blue Palace in Solitude (inside the main building, beyond the courtyard).

If the Vestige has completed the entire Dark Heart of Skyrim storyline (Greymoor + Markarth + epilogue):
    Lyris will be parked at the afterparty in the Announcement Hall of Understone Keep in Markarth.
    Edited by Ilsabet on June 19, 2022 4:00PM
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lists should probably be updated to reflect the +500 for each personal quest. These trigger from the rapport at 1500, 2750, and 4000, with the last also making them available as houseguest. The first two companions only had two of these, so getting the houseguest takes longer now.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dragged a friend through normal Icereach to check this out, and you have to fight through like half the dungeon before you can actually talk to Lyris, but it does indeed grant rapport.

Isobel also got +5 rapport from the first boss we killed, which is not something I'd observed before. She didn't get rapport from killing any of the other bosses, or from completing the dungeon or its quest, so there must be a cooldown on it.

It occurs to me that she did get +5 from killing the first boss in our nBC1 run on PTS, but I presumed that that was +5 for killing a boss-type Daedra since it was a giant clannfear. So maybe I just interpreted it wrong, but then it's also interesting that she didn't get a separate +5 for killing a giant clannfear.

good to know

and my guess on the dungeon boss is that isobel heavily favors the undaunted, so its possible she gets rapport for killing dungeon bosses (although with the cooldown its not that useful)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today I got rapport for the Wildhorn's Wrath (Faun Falls) High Isle WB daily.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Füßchen wrote: »
    I summoned the pets I have again now and while I didn't get any rapport again yesterday, I got +1 again for each now. It's been around ~22 hours since the last time, so I would expect it to be a 20h cooldown (or they reset with the writs?).

It is probably a 20h cooldown.
    I tried summoning them today when first logging in and I didn't get any rapport. Tried it again now before logging of a few hours later and got rapport again for all of them.
    The writs didn't reset in between and I summoned them pretty later yesterday, which would explain why I didn't get the rapport earlier if the cooldown wasn't over yet.
  • YunaWolf
    YunaWolf
    ✭✭
    Amenos Basin - Eldertide Theurges is also good
    ۩۞۩ Yuna Wolf ۩۞۩

• averyfarmanb14_ESO
    averyfarmanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    <portions omitted for clarity>

Isobel
    Positive Rapport:
    Summoning the Druadach Mountain Dog, Imperial War Mastiff, Bravil Retriever, or Jerall Rescue Dog pets: +1

Greenhill Farmdog also provides a +1 rapport increase with Isobel

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for their time and love of the community to do this and share it with everyone. Know next week I will be referring to it when the update drops on console.

Stay safe and many thanks again :)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for their time and love of the community to do this and share it with everyone. Know next week I will be referring to it when the update drops on console.

Stay safe and many thanks again :)

Thanks for the thanks. :) I'm certainly glad to have gotten so much input from folks sharing what they found.

Also: Today I got rapport for the Serpent Caller (Serpent Bog) WB daily.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • YunaWolf
    YunaWolf
    ✭✭
    Okay, then we're finished and have tested all Bosses now together. Only Mornard Falls does not grant rapport

Amenos Basin - Eldertide Theurges >> good
    Faun Falls - Glemyos Wildhorn >> good
    Y'ffre's Cauldron - Sable Knight >> good
    Serpent Bog - Serpent Caller Vinsha >>good
    Dark Stone Hollow - Ascendant Executioner And Ascendant Harrower >> good

Mornard Falls - Hadolid Matron And Hadolid Consort >> no rapport

Edited by YunaWolf on June 20, 2022 8:26AM
    ۩۞۩ Yuna Wolf ۩۞۩

• tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone has any idea, where the best location is to get a "purple" stolen item?
    I have trouble to find one for embers favor.

Well, i had 2, but due to a translation error i laundered it instead of fencing. Now i cant get my hands on another one. I took Isobel to some of my killing sprees, she's now close to -2000 rapport, so means I killed more than 2000 NPC but no more purple item. Even more annoying that i could have finished it quite some time ago if it would have been translated correctly :s
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about a best location, but here are some options to consider.

The standard purple treasure is just a rare drop from the usual stealing targets - safeboxes, lootable containers like barrels and wardrobes, pickpocketing. I feel like I've gotten most of mine from containers rather than pickpocketing, so if I wanted to try to farm this way I'd probably focus on safeboxes or towns with lots of containers that are marked for stealing. (And I probably wouldn't bring Isobel along to watch me do it. :D)

I got a purple Dwarven motif page from one of the urns at the Wayrest Undaunted enclave. There are four Dwarven urns there that are marked for stealing. I ended up laundering it and selling it for 10k, since it was more valuable to me that way, but it's a possibility if you don't care that much about the value of the loot.

If you are similarly unconcerned about "wasting" motifs, the fine citizens of Vvardenfell are known to carry purple House motif pages in their pockets.

I should probably include the disclaimer that there are some things (such as leniency edicts) that can't be sold to a fence, only laundered, and I am not at this moment 100% sure if motifs can be fenced. So if anybody knows for sure, please feel free to correct me, because the fine citizens of Vvardenfell are being jerks and not giving me a motif so I can check it.

AND OF COURSE AS SOON AS I POST THIS a guy gives me a motif. And they are fenceable. :D

Thieves troves can contain gear, which may on rare occasion be purple.

And finally, if you don't mind waiting a bit, the upcoming Zeal of Zenithar event (which starts on June 30) will provide an opportunity to get event coffers from safeboxes and thieves troves. On PTS, some of my coffers had purple provisioning mats like frost mirriam, and since the coffers and their contents are also marked stolen if you get them from a safebox or thieves trove, you can either launder them to use or sell, or fence them. Those mats do have a certain market value, but it's not terribly high.

Suggested by Treeshka: Steal a white (or green etc.) quality gear item and upgrade it to purple before fencing it.
    Edited by Ilsabet on June 24, 2022 4:33PM
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA