The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Isobel & Ember Rapport Report - PTS (Updated for Live)

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    Anyone has any idea, where the best location is to get a "purple" stolen item?
    I have trouble to find one for embers favor.

Well, i had 2, but due to a translation error i laundered it instead of fencing. Now i cant get my hands on another one. I took Isobel to some of my killing sprees, she's now close to -2000 rapport, so means I killed more than 2000 NPC but no more purple item. Even more annoying that i could have finished it quite some time ago if it would have been translated correctly :s

the best suggestion would probably be thieves trove or lockboxes

i happened to get lucky and find a purple item in a random lockbox in elden root mages guild section while picking up a daily, but there are plenty of zones now that have leads in lockboxes

im not 100% sure if the treasure chest passive works on lockboxes or only regular chests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I don't know about a best location, but here are some options to consider.

The standard purple treasure is just a rare drop from the usual stealing targets - safeboxes, lootable containers like barrels and wardrobes, pickpocketing. I feel like I've gotten most of mine from containers rather than pickpocketing, so if I wanted to try to farm this way I'd probably focus on safeboxes or towns with lots of containers that are marked for stealing. (And I probably wouldn't bring Isobel along to watch me do it. :D)

I got a purple Dwarven motif page from one of the urns at the Wayrest Undaunted enclave. There are four Dwarven urns there that are marked for stealing. I ended up laundering it and selling it for 10k, since it was more valuable to me that way, but it's a possibility if you don't care that much about the value of the loot.

If you are similarly unconcerned about "wasting" motifs, the fine citizens of Vvardenfell are known to carry purple House motif pages in their pockets.

I should probably include the disclaimer that there are some things (such as leniency edicts) that can't be sold to a fence, only laundered, and I am not at this moment 100% sure if motifs can be fenced. So if anybody knows for sure, please feel free to correct me, because the fine citizens of Vvardenfell are being jerks and not giving me a motif so I can check it.

AND OF COURSE AS SOON AS I POST THIS a guy gives me a motif. And they are fenceable. :D

Thieves troves can contain gear, which may on rare occasion be purple.

And finally, if you don't mind waiting a bit, the upcoming Zeal of Zenithar event will provide an opportunity to get event coffers from safeboxes. On PTS, some of my coffers had purple provisioning mats like frost mirriam, and since the coffers and their contents are also marked stolen if you get them from a safebox (or thieves trove), you can either launder them to use or sell, or fence them. Those mats do have a certain market value, but it's not terribly high.

i believe its treasure maps and pardon edicts are the non-fenceable items
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are similarly unconcerned about "wasting" motifs, the fine citizens of Vvardenfell are known to carry purple House motif pages in their pockets.

Hell YES thats exactly what I was looking for. It's so much less frustrating than hoping for a purple pickpocketing or safeboxes. Killed over 2k Npc and spent some hours in Bal Foyen, but took 10 min to steal a telvanni motifpage.
    Ty ty ty so much all
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually just steal a white quality item and upgrade it to purple and then fence it.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    You can actually just steal a white quality item and upgrade it to purple and then fence it.

Well that's slightly brilliant. I'ma add that to the list of options.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that's slightly brilliant. I'ma add that to the list of options.

That is pretty genius really! Wish I could upgrade white-quality stolen glyphs (and finally have a use for the 23k purples I have in my craft bag)! :D
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how to get the accept a duel achievement? (for Isobel) I've accepted about four so far with her out and still nothing. Do you have to do something I'm missing?
    Edited by xaraan on June 24, 2022 9:52PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the accept a duel achievement? (for Isobel) I've accepted about four so far with her out and still nothing. Do you have to do something I'm missing?

It seems to be bugged, so most likely we'll have to wait for ZOS to fix it.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • averyfarmanb14_ESO
    averyfarmanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

It seems to be bugged, so most likely we'll have to wait for ZOS to fix it.

Yep - ZOS knows about it, and they're working on it.
  • adyreonb14_ESO
    adyreonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant!
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭

Suggested by Treeshka: Steal a white (or green etc.) quality gear item and upgrade it to purple before fencing it.

This does indeed work. I just tried it
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From this week's PTS patch notes:
    A Special Reagent: This world boss daily now properly increments the High Isle Monster Hunter achievement as well as granting Isobel rapport.

This fix will be coming with Update 35.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isabel REALLY doesnt like Lyranth, which gets a bit tiresome while doing the Fargrave/Deadlands quests.

No rapport change just many many comments
    Edited by Pelanora on August 21, 2022 1:54AM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Isobel talks about getting 'celebratory sweets', and you can craft sweet things for rapport; she talks of banging the dents out of her armour, and you get rapport for crafting swords etc; when she says, what do people do for fun around here, has anyone worked out what rapport activity that matches to?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    So Isobel talks about getting 'celebratory sweets', and you can craft sweet things for rapport; she talks of banging the dents out of her armour, and you get rapport for crafting swords etc; when she says, what do people do for fun around here, has anyone worked out what rapport activity that matches to?

I think that's one of her standard lines for entering a town, like how Bastian thinks cities are fickle and Mirri wants to find something to eat.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    I just completed a perfect heist with ember and I got repport for it.
    I don't think it was mentioned in the Patch Notes specifically, just that she has more to say when completing one now, but the rapport seems to be working now for all heists.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Füßchen wrote: »
    I just completed a perfect heist with ember and I got repport for it.
    I don't think it was mentioned in the Patch Notes specifically, just that she has more to say when completing one now, but the rapport seems to be working now for all heists.

Sweet, thanks for the update.

I've seen people saying that Isobel's duel achievement is also working as advertised, and the Mornard Falls WB daily is granting her rapport. So I've updated the first post accordingly.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From Update 36 PTS patch notes:
    Fixed an issue where Isobel would not give you a rapport increase if you were mounted when approaching an Undaunted Enclave.

So it was the being mounted thing, and that's going to be fixed in the next update.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this was already mentioned but the purple item sale for Ember doesn't have to be stolen, I get it for the purple treasure item from Harrowstorms too (sells for 1k)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    Not sure if this was already mentioned but the purple item sale for Ember doesn't have to be stolen, I get it for the purple treasure item from Harrowstorms too (sells for 1k)

Yep, there are two different entries for stolen and non-stolen. I think the stolen one tends to get more attention since fencing a purple item is part of Ember's super best friend achievement, but it's nice to get the smaller boost from regular treasure items too. (And good reminder to have Ember out when selling those junk items if people need rapport with her.)
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet i just got a rapport with Isobel when appeared in the Cyrodiil after queuing to alliance locked campaign, DC side, southern gate

i was without addons this time so idk how many + i got
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet i just got a rapport with Isobel when appeared in the Cyrodiil after queuing to alliance locked campaign, DC side, southern gate

Not sure how this is possible considering you cannot use companions in Cyrodiil.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Not sure how this is possible considering you cannot use companions in Cyrodiil.

i had no companion by my side when entered cyrodiil, yes
    may be it has like less that a second until she unsummoned upon entering pvp zone, i did not noticed
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's pretty wild. I tested it queuing into Ravenwatch and Blackreach with Isobel out beforehand, and didn't see any rapport change pop up. I'll try Gray Host sometime when it isn't poplocked, but it seems strange that there would be anything pvp-related coded into companions' rapport unless it somehow tripped a different trigger (like if it flagged the alliance gate as an Undaunted enclave or something). Even then it would presumably rely on lag or some other bugginess that would make the game think the companion is still active.

Let us know if it happens again, but it seems like it'll be a hard thing to reproduce.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA