The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Isobel & Ember Rapport Report - PTS (Updated for Live)

• taurielxaela
    taurielxaela
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that using the Blade of Woe on red-outlined enemies will not trigger a drop in rapport for Ember, as previously stated. I wasn’t certain about neutral/innocent NPCs, but I used the ability on several in her presence and she didn’t react at all.

When killing one red enemy with the BoW she laughed and cheered “This is fun!”

No rapport increase though.
    Sariel Melianme - Bosmer Warden Ranger Bow/Bow
    Pastel-ri - Khajiit Nightblade Assassin Dual Wield Daggers
    Lunaria Bloom - Altmer Warden Healer Res/Frost Staff
    Big Nord Waifu - Nord Templar Greataxe Wielder
    Monsieur L’Shrek - Orc Dragonknight Greatsword Wielder
    Shizumi Moonshadow - Khajiit Nightblade Thief Dual Daggers/Bow
    Chases-Many-Lasers - Khajiit Arcanist Pew Pew Kitty
    Salvia Virian - Dunmer Nightblade Assassin Dual Daggers/Bow
    Emi Tauriel - Bosmer Nightblade Assassin Dual Daggers/Bow

… Yes I have a favorite build.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if they changed the cooldown on +125 rapport to be 20 hours, that would be different than my experience with mirri/bastion, in fact i purposely shared extra dailies from those to get even more rapport (i was earning almost 1000 per day doing almost all of the possibly mages guild options for bastion)

I just did a second Mages Guild quest for Ember and posted my timestamps. Looks like a gap of under 18 hours, and I got +125 for both. I haven't been able to get anyone to share a new quest with me to try them back-to-back, but at least it looks like that one's not subject to a 20-hour cooldown.

Update: Got a share, and turned in another Mages Guild daily just shy of 1 hour after the previous one. No rapport gain.

Also, I'm coming to suspect that Isobel's Undaunted Enclave deal works like Mirri's visiting completed collections in DLCs (like the library in Vivec City), where she gets a big chunk the first time she visits and a smaller chunk for subsequent visits. I got a +5 increase this morning, and nothing after what would have been a 24-hour period after the first +25 from yesterday.
    Edited by Ilsabet on April 20, 2022 9:41PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything I do, I do for the good of the people.

Lda9wAc.jpg

DEm7ytC.jpg

(Sadly neither companion reacted to me throwing pies at otherwise-respected authority figures.)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

I’m abruptly wishing I hadn’t sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of my Revelry Pies.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’m abruptly wishing I hadn’t sold, given away, or otherwise disposed of my Revelry Pies.

My first thought was to use mudballs, but neither the memento nor the consumables can target royalty, apparently. So pies it was.

Ember at least should have found it hilarious, so I admit to being more disappointed than usual that she didn't react. But I guess I can't expect the devs to think of everything.

...I should probably try it on guards just in case.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was to use mudballs, but neither the memento nor the consumables can target royalty, apparently. So pies it was.

…That’s odd, because there’s an achievement for doing exactly that.

…did they turn that off out side of New Life??? I’ll have to take a look on live later.

• BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding a note for Isobel's world boss rapport - I've killed the same world boss in quick succession 3 times so far and gotten +5 each time, so there's doesn't seem to be a cooldown for that.

Also -5 rapport for entering the dark brotherhood sanctuary.
    Edited by BerylBones on April 21, 2022 3:10PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

…did they turn that off out side of New Life??? I’ll have to take a look on live later.

Hmm, I thought there was but then I thought I might be mixing it up with the pies. I guess I'll try again.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the only people I can target with mudballs are the white-outlined NPCs (including the guards). I can't target Emeric, Maraya, or Isobel.

Neither companion cares if I hit guards with mudballs or pies.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DEm7ytC.jpg

(Sadly neither companion reacted to me throwing pies at otherwise-respected authority figures.)

Pie King approves! HUZZAH! *splat*
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Ember does not react to Scrying or Excavating. - now I need to unlock Isobel and repeat. Isobel also no reaction.

I'd expect rapport changes for the card game, since that's new at the same time. It would also be a good idea to check Mirri and Bastion with that.
    Edited by ghastley on April 22, 2022 12:43AM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BerylBones wrote: »
    Just adding a note for Isobel's world boss rapport - I've killed the same world boss in quick succession 3 times so far and gotten +5 each time, so there's doesn't seem to be a cooldown for that.

Also -5 rapport for entering the dark brotherhood sanctuary.

I wish ZOS would leave the Dark Brotherhood alone!! So far that's multiple Companions that give negative rapport for players who play game content!! If they didn't want people playing DB, then they shouldn't have added it! It's irritating.

However, at least Ember doesn't care... but still... the fact they make one of their DLCs problematic for players to play while using one of their added 'features' is what bothers me.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    Taking Isobel to the Grahtwood undaunted enclave today only gave +5 rapport. Hadn't visited any others within 24 hours either.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isobel is nicely toned by now, but all those sweets shall make her solid, maybe even matronly.
    Aurelia will not be happy, and Aurelia's mother will gloat endlessly about it.
    Edited by fiender66 on April 22, 2022 5:40PM
  • Jeancey
    Jeancey
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet I got rapport for completing a High Isle Delve Daily with Ember, as well as when using a pardon edict. I don't know how much it was for either.

Based on the achievement, I presume Isobel will gain rapport for completing a Group Boss daily on High Isle
    Administrator - UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeancey wrote: »
    @Ilsabet I got rapport for completing a High Isle Delve Daily with Ember, as well as when using a pardon edict. I don't know how much it was for either.

Based on the achievement, I presume Isobel will gain rapport for completing a Group Boss daily on High Isle

Good call on these. I hadn't even thought of checking those achievements.

Said achievements:
    hANDGxX.jpg

Ember got +125 for the High Isle delve daily, and Isobel got +125 for the High Isle world boss daily. That's a pretty big deal on top of their other preferred dailies. :D

The WB I killed was two bosses together, and Isobel got +5 for killing each of them.

Isobel also got +1 for accepting a duel request. I only did 1 so I'm not sure if you can spam those. I also didn't try it with me sending the duel request.

And Ember's increase for using a pardon edict was +5.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a sorc template character to test summoning Daedric combat pets in Isobel's face. She did not seem to care that I was a master of the very fiends she has sworn to destroy. (Once again, presumably to avoid inhibiting gameplay for certain playstyles.)
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I made quest for Ember at morning and then I tried pickpocketing and killing with Blade of Woe.
    I got rapport for "Pickpocketing a non-guard" but can't tell how much because my addons still working weird (companion info didn't show up) on PTS and when i killed two innocent NPCs she didn't tell anything about it.

edit: I tried now and got nothing :)
    Edited by davidtk on April 22, 2022 9:35PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a sorc template character to test summoning Daedric combat pets in Isobel's face. She did not seem to care that I was a master of the very fiends she has sworn to destroy. (Once again, presumably to avoid inhibiting gameplay for certain playstyles.)

Yeah, would be pretty discriminatory to Sorcs if one Companion gave them a negative rapport every time they summoned one of their class pets.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not a surprise but Isobel's first personal quest is at 1500 rapport and awards +500, just like Mirri or Bastion. I think I'll just assume the same for Ember, as I don't have a thief to advance hers as quickly.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any recent updates on this or have we discovered all there is for their rapport?!?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty much done with my direct testing since I've run out of ideas to check on (and it's not really worth logging on repeatedly to do more baking for Isobel :D). But if anybody comes up with anything else, I can update the OP with findings and/or hop on to verify things.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I thought there was but then I thought I might be mixing it up with the pies. I guess I'll try again.

Before I forget: I checked on live and Queen Ayrenn is no longer targetable with the pouch, so this isn’t a PTS change.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Before I forget: I checked on live and Queen Ayrenn is no longer targetable with the pouch, so this isn’t a PTS change.

Well I guess that's unfortunate. Maybe the achievement is only active during the New Life event now.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Jeancey
    Jeancey
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ilsabet I've been getting rapport with Ember when selling ANY purple item, not just when fencing them. Are you seeing that?
    Administrator - UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeancey wrote: »
    @Ilsabet I've been getting rapport with Ember when selling ANY purple item, not just when fencing them. Are you seeing that?

Snip snap, you're right. Although it's not as much - selling rando purple junk to a regular NPC vendor got me +1 for the first item and nothing after that, so presumably there's a cooldown. (Otherwise you could just farm rapport by buying back the same purple item and selling it infinity times. :D)

Do you know how much rapport you got for your sale(s)? I wonder if the +1s are tied to the +25 for the first sale (which in my case was to the fence) or if they're tracked independently.

Edit: I checked with a second template alt, and the first purple thing sold ever got a +1 and a comment of "What a sale!" from Ember. :D So I'm presuming that's separate from the fencing deal.
    Edited by Ilsabet on April 29, 2022 4:19AM
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    Hi, I made quest for Ember at morning and then I tried pickpocketing and killing with Blade of Woe.
    I got rapport for "Pickpocketing a non-guard" but can't tell how much because my addons still working weird (companion info didn't show up) on PTS and when i killed two innocent NPCs she didn't tell anything about it.

edit: I tried now and got nothing :)

I checked on this again and didn't get any rapport for pickpocketing a regular NPC. If I had to guess, I'd wonder if what you saw was actually a decrease for getting seen.

Also, I think I need to put some sort of asterisk on Ember's rapport for entering a trespassing area. I got an increase while I was doing a TG quest to enter a warehouse, but I haven't gotten anything going around breaking into people's houses in High Isle. So maybe that's only for quest areas or something.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    One really nice thing I had noticed about the new companions, is that the frequency of their random comments is much reduced now, so I turned them up to maximum so I could see what sorts of things they had to say. Even at max, they don't seem to be all that frequent, nor so horribly repetitive as Mirri and Bastian had a tendency to be.

I did a Heist and a DB Black Sacrament with Ember last night, and mostly found the same results the rest of you have reported, with the interesting addition of a +1 rapport when we entered the Trader's Cove for the Black Sacrament, so that further enforces the concept of entering restricted areas on covert missions for quests.

An interesting comment from her while we were there, when I used the Blade:

"Aw, I was just getting started!"

Perhaps she was disappointed that we didn't do any pickpocketing first? There was no rapport loss with it, though, just a comment.

Another interesting personality trait - if you DO get noticed with your illegal activities, she might attack someone to protect you! I was looting safeboxes in the popular little building on Bal Foyen, and when I got spotted, she attacked and killed one of the roaming guards there! Note that there are no unkillable guards in that location, which is a big reason it's so popular. But it left me with a much larger bounty, and a kill-on-sight, instead of just the little bounty I'd gotten for opening a safebox and taking its contents. Lol!

Looting safeboxes only granted a +1, but there didn't seem to be a cooldown on it.
    "You've got a talent for finding those."
    "Bet they're going to miss that!"
    "I love when people think their stuff is safe...and you prove them wrong."
    "Make sure there aren't any traps!"
    "Chests like that can be misleading. Either full of jewels or rotten fish."
    "Treasure?"
    "Ooh, shiny."

When I got noticed, -10:
    "We need to be more careful when it comes to being naughty."

Then when she attacked the soldier:
    "I'm gonna show off a little!"
    Killing the soldier leveled her up.
    She also attacked one of the guards once when I was spotted in Trader's Cove. I wasn't being nearly as sneaky as usual; was spotted twice in both locations. I think it was the second time she attacked someone, each time.

When I got noticed again after that, another -10, and:
    "You've got to be kidding. We're better than this!"

I didn't include the cute little stories they mention about themselves occasionally when idle, but I'm also enjoying those.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An interesting comment from her while we were there, when I used the Blade:

"Aw, I was just getting started!"

Perhaps she was disappointed that we didn't do any pickpocketing first? There was no rapport loss with it, though, just a comment.

I'm thinking comments like that are just part of her regular battle chatter rather than something specifically related to shanking innocents. The comment I got when I tested BoW with her was "Big mistake," which I took to be her scolding me for shanking a dude. But I heard it again later when we were just fighting something normally. I suspect it's like Mirri's "Well okay but don't cry for mommy" where it's kinda hard to tell whether she's sassing us or the people we're fighting. :D But I'm tending to think it's the latter.

Both companions have some fun commentary, and it'll be fun to collect their dialogue for the wiki. Ember in particular seems quite upbeat about our partnership which I find enjoyable.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Isobel will definitely replace Bastian for my good characters. Though Mirri remains on top.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.