Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Isobel & Ember Rapport Report - PTS (Updated for Live)

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Well... today we did our heist like a pro and got the max rewards, but Ember didn't get any rapport. It looks like I'm just shy of a 20-hour window based on when I posted about it yesterday, so I guess that's a thing. :confused:

Khajiit did 4 heists with bonus results (khajiit only does perfect heists) and never does Ember get rapport. So perhaps she only gets rapport if heist is done poorly? (i.e. without bonus).

@karthrag_inak Had you done any other daily quests with her? Does she maybe share a cooldown with the Mages or Fighters Guild dailies and the TG Heist?

@Pyr0xyrecuprotite @Luke_Flamesword same question... had seen you make similar posts about no rapport gain with Ember on a heist. Had you done other dailies that may share a cooldown at that time?
    Edited by Tevalaur on June 8, 2022 11:42PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... today we did our heist like a pro and got the max rewards, but Ember didn't get any rapport. It looks like I'm just shy of a 20-hour window based on when I posted about it yesterday, so I guess that's a thing. :confused:

Khajiit did 4 heists with bonus results (khajiit only does perfect heists) and never does Ember get rapport. So perhaps she only gets rapport if heist is done poorly? (i.e. without bonus).

You might be onto something there. I assumed it was a cooldown, but maybe the difference was that I did it perfectly the second time.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

@karthrag_inak Had you done any other daily quests with her? Does she maybe share a cooldown with the Mages or Fighters Guild dailies and the TG Heist?

@Pyr0xyrecuprotite @Luke_Flamesword same question... had seen you make similar posts about no rapport gain with Ember on a heist. Had you done other dailies that may share a cooldown at that time?

For what it's worth, when I did mine today I hadn't done any other dailies with her beforehand.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tevalaur I had not done (nor turned in) any guild dailies before doing the Heist. [I didn't think to prep for High Isle in advance.] If I recall correctly, I had not done any Fargrave dailies either (picked them up but did not turn in). The only dailies done on that character were the Dragonguard (tideholm) daily, and my crafting writs. I also had a "covetous countess" quest ready to turn in.

Just curious if others are still getting rapport gains from Heists for Ember? There are some activities that don't work for rapport gain for Mirri either (that should).
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay so. Did some more testing along with Pyr0xyrecuprotite and another volunteer.

I did a second imperfect run (time ran out) a few hours after the first one and did not get rapport. This suggests there is a cooldown, since I had gotten my +125 for the (imperfect) run I did earlier today.

Pyr0xy did two perfect runs today and did not get rapport for either.

The other person did a perfect run earlier today with no rapport and then did an imperfect run (time ran out) and did get rapport.

So... I guess this is the one instance where Ember likes her partner being not very good at thievery. :D

And also there's probably a cooldown but I guess I'll have to try to check out the timing on that tomorrow.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that Ember's MG and TG share a cooldown (possibly a 20-hour one?), I handed in a MG quest and then a bit later took her on a perfect heist and got no rapport for the heist completion. Handed in a High Isle delve quest a some hours later and gor the +125 boost, though.
    PC-EU
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope, no other daily quests. For 2 of them, khajiit did nothing but directly went to TG and did heist right after acquiring her company.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    My guess is that Ember's MG and TG share a cooldown (possibly a 20-hour one?), I handed in a MG quest and then a bit later took her on a perfect heist and got no rapport for the heist completion. Handed in a High Isle delve quest a some hours later and gor the +125 boost, though.

It would be interesting to test that with turning in the Mages Guild daily and then doing an imperfect heist.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    So hey um @Alcast if you're going to straight-up copy-paste my text for your companion rapport guide, wanna maybe toss this thread a mention as your source? >_>

Snip snap, I see this has been updated with a link to the forum thread. I appreciate the prompt follow-through. :)

I have to apologize for this, I added the link to this forum thread yesterday.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To khajiit's undying shame and embarassment, he just completed a heist -ahem- without achieving the bonus reward (first time in 5 years). This was intentional, however, do not look at this one that way! And yes, upon turning in the reward, Ember increased her love and rapport for this one by the expected +125. Perhaps she felt pity?

This one still feels ashamed. If that is what it will take to earn Ember's love, khajiit will be satisfied with a cordial relationship.

It does seem that there is a bug in Ember's Heist rapport reward for achieving the bonus.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I make small test - I did all 3 quests in 15 minutes with Ember - delves, MG and heist with imperfect score - and I got rapport for all of them! So there is no cooldown, just a bug which don't gives you rapport when you have perfect run.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To khajiit's undying shame and embarassment, he just completed a heist -ahem- without achieving the bonus reward (first time in 5 years). This was intentional, however, do not look at this one that way! And yes, upon turning in the reward, Ember increased her love and rapport for this one by the expected +125. Perhaps she felt pity?

This one still feels ashamed. If that is what it will take to earn Ember's love, khajiit will be satisfied with a cordial relationship.

It does seem that there is a bug in Ember's Heist rapport reward for achieving the bonus.
    So I make small test - I did all 3 quests in 15 minutes with Ember - delves, MG and heist with imperfect score - and I got rapport for all of them! So there is no cooldown, just a bug which don't gives you rapport when you have perfect run.

Thank you both for checking out those variables. So we can eliminate a shared cooldown with other types of dailies, and it seems pretty certain that only imperfect heists award rapport.

My test today was turning in an imperfect heist approximately 19 hours and 52 minutes after the one yesterday where I got rapport. I did get rapport for this one, so if there is a cooldown it's less than 20 hours (but more than 6 hours).
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, how are we going to inform those who can address such things to correct this horrifying and untenable situation with Ember? This one is not sure how many more heists on his 17 khajiit (and 1 argonian with fuzzy delusions) he can fail before it permanently impacts khajiit's otherwise impeccable repuation.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto. Turned in my other guild dailies (picked up new ones), then headed over to the Thieves Den, did a heist, fought the boss and made sure to be spotted by a few other NPCs so that I would go over time, and... yay! +125 rapport! Ember seems to only like it when you are as imperfect as she is... it's not an overlapping cooldown (from a different guild daily) issue.

As mentioned by @Ilsabet, the next challenge is to test if there is a cooldown. In theory you can do multiple heists in one day, by getting a share from another player...
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on June 9, 2022 9:43PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As mentioned by @Ilsabet, the next challenge is to test if there is a cooldown. In theory you can do multiple heists in one day, by getting a share from another player...

Oh, dark moons. So this one must share his shame and embarrassment at failing the heist in order to assist the debugging of this issue. @ZOS_GinaBruno Khajiit hopes it is appreciated, the lengths he will go to help things along with his delightful new little sister Ember.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »

Ok, I assumed wrong about this. Tested by doing everything again but with an imperfect heist (killing everyone in the cave, whoohoo!) and got 125+125+125 rapport.

Makes little sense that she is happier if we bungle the heist, not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
    PC-EU
  • reiji23
    reiji23
    Soul Shriven
    From what I've read on UESP and other sites with info about Ember rapport, they say that Ember gains rapport when you choose to flee from guards. This is incorrect, as for the Endeavor today you have to escape a guard. I put Ember away as she loses rapport when you get caught stealing. I then summon her after I had a bounty, and when I ran into a guard and chose to flee, I lost rapport instead of gaining it.
  • Jeancey
    Jeancey
    ✭✭✭✭
    reiji23 wrote: »
    From what I've read on UESP and other sites with info about Ember rapport, they say that Ember gains rapport when you choose to flee from guards. This is incorrect, as for the Endeavor today you have to escape a guard. I put Ember away as she loses rapport when you get caught stealing. I then summon her after I had a bounty, and when I ran into a guard and chose to flee, I lost rapport instead of gaining it.

I believe you gain some rapport back if you successfully evade from them. Getting caught by the guard lowers rapport, but successfully fleeing raises it back up.
    Administrator - UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to do two Heists in a row on PC/EU today (exceeded time limit on both to satisfy Ember's warped sense of humor). Gained rapport the first time, but did not the second. So there is definitely a cooldown on rapport gains for Ember from Heists, and it's PROBABLY 20 hours, but I don't feel the urge to test the exact duration more diligently. :)
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on June 10, 2022 9:55PM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ember likes it when you kill wolves. It only gives +1 but hey it's something.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was able to do two Heists in a row on PC/EU today (exceeded time limit on both to satisfy Ember's warped sense of humor). Gained rapport the first time, but did not the second. So there is definitely a cooldown on rapport gains for Ember from Heists, and it's PROBABLY 20 hours, but I don't feel the urge to test the exact duration more diligently. :)

I tested that yesterday. Second heist was like 19 hours 52 minutes after the first, and I got rapport. So it's not a full 20 hours, but it's more than 6 hours (based on an earlier run that didn't give rapport).
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reiji23 wrote: »

Looks like this is something I misread when I was doing my testing on PTS. I thought it was a +10, but looking back at my screencap (and my experience today which was similar to yours) verifies that it's -10. I'm guessing she doesn't like it because it adds an additional bounty.

I've also made what I believe is a correction on Isobel's list - I've been getting +5 for volcanic vents rather than the +10 that had been reported.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Isobel does not get negative rapport from summoning the Scorion Pyreling (though she does still comment on it), and no other pet I summoned gave a rapport change.

It's probably worth noting that my EU account has far fewer pets than the NA account I've been testing with, so my pet testing won't be as extensive as it could have been.

She gets +1 for the Druadach Mountain Dog.
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Ember gets +1 from summoning the Big-Eared Ginger Kitten pet. (Incidentally they have not fixed the grammar error in her dialogue there. :D)

None of the other pets I summoned gave a rapport change for Ember, but there was likely a cooldown after the first one so that's inconclusive so far.

For Ember I also got +1 for the Witch's Infernal Familiar. I summoned the Big-Eared Ginger Kitten less than a minute after it and got +1 for it as well. So probably there isn't a shared cooldown?

• Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit behind the time here but how do I kick Isobel's Undaunted fangirling into gear?
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Füßchen
    Füßchen
    ✭✭
    Gruumsh1 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind the time here but how do I kick Isobel's Undaunted fangirling into gear?

If you mean when you enter an Undaunted encalve, it seems to depend on other factors too =/ I was there like and hour ago to hand in a Bolgrul quest and it didn't get triggered (I haven't been there before, it was the very first time). I was on a mount then and dismounting and running around a bit didn't work to trigger it either.
    I tried again a few minutes ago and made sure that I dismounted before leaving Mournhold and got +25 rapport instantly on arrival.

Did that happen to anyone else too?
  • Sunegami
    Sunegami
    ✭✭
    Got +5 from Isobel for making Sorry, Honey Lager
    "Did you make any extra? I'm just curious."

edit: spelling
    Edited by Sunegami on June 11, 2022 5:40PM
    Raava-daro [PCNA], a lithe leopard doing her best
    "Never steal from one who cannot afford to buy it back.”
  • GretchenRPH
    GretchenRPH
    ✭✭
    gotta question the pet summoning +1, I summoned the big eared ginger kitty in front of Ember and she was unmoved. Then again, +1, not like someone's going to powerlevel Rapport one kitty at a time.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gotta question the pet summoning +1, I summoned the big eared ginger kitty in front of Ember and she was unmoved. Then again, +1, not like someone's going to powerlevel Rapport one kitty at a time.

I've been getting it pretty regularly (when I remember to summon it, so maybe once a day).

Weren't there two big-eared ginger cat pets? Are you sure you have the kitten?
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have another winner for Isobel:

ARPL4Bw.png

(The Bravil Retriever.)
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA