The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great update. This should be pinned in all the forums.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryskim wrote: »
    WTF ZOS, where the hell is NECROMANCY? I expected at least to be in 2014 roadmap. WTF seriously?

Don't put your hopes too high. Necromancy is outlawed pretty much everywhere except Cyrodiil (and even there, authorities try to hide it from commoners to keep them at bay).
  • HeroDante
    HeroDante
    Soul Shriven
    Very excited about the future updates, especially the justice system, I think it'll be great if players could get involved in dispensing justice against player criminals in a bounty style system. Any details on the extent of the justice system? Will it just create player opportunity for crime or create bounties too?

Again great work guys, the only MMO I've enjoyed since FFXI
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    Just when i thought i could not get any more addicted to this game :)
  • yesname
    yesname
    What about mob/boss scaling for example at Dark Anchors and in Public Dungeons?
    Edited by yesname on May 1, 2014 12:10PM
  • Musonius
    Musonius
    Desperation PR move because of all the unsubs and negative reviews. Good luck at the unemployment office.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroDante wrote: »
    Again great work guys, the only MMO I've enjoyed since FFXI
    Given the group-or-die nature of FFXI you surprise me.

I love FFXI myself but only because back in '05 I was able to BST my way to 75 and avoid most grouping once the small LS I was in faded away and in later years was able to dual-box my way to 95 where I still play it.

But ESO is so completely opposite and way more like many other games I'm surprised you go from XI to ESO.

Edited by KerinKor on May 1, 2014 12:12PM
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor dyeing and tinting

What i'd like to see in adition would be that i can have lvl 10 armor look with vr10 stats.

Al long as we keep it realistic, I don't want to see people running around in Hot Pink.

• Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Very cool stuff here and very excited to see the additions you are working on. Thanks Matt, you are all doing a great job.
    guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.

I wonder if this aims to be a replacement for the original AvA Keep Guild Store concept? Also not sure what highest-bidding guild means...
    Edited by Rainingblood on May 1, 2014 12:14PM
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am "praying" all day that its time for Matt talking to us and there we go.

Many things in this article made my day. Thanks!
  • adamrobertfarmer
    It should be noted that those who have already cancelled there subs won't get the 5 days extra...
  • sd-niladb16_ESO
    woah :D really looking up for those update's glad i never really hate every maintance more look forward to what happens next
  • flameweaver
    flameweaver
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst this is all great, positive and welcome news, much of this could have been sorted prior to launch if ZOS had been less precious about the beta and NDA restrictions. In my view they should have:
    • Had a Beta available 24 x 7 for at least the 2 months prior to launch and perhaps longer.
    • Lifted the NDA much earlier
    • Kept the BETA forums open, rather than closing them after each beta weekend
    At least this would have promoted the kinds of discussion that are taking place now and provided ZOS with much more feedback much earlier.
    And maybe, just maybe, many of the issues would have been fixed for launch.

That said, I'm subbed for 6 months and look forward to the proposed changes. Maybe this could be the game to pull me away from 10 years of playing EQ2, but for now I'm sitting on the fence and will make my mind up at the end of my sub.
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!

Haha! I thought this was a troll thread, touche!
  • christianblumbergb16_ESO
    "Be assured that we are working diligently to keep ESO balanced, stable, and fresh for veteran players."
    As long as i dont hear anything about what is beeing done to the current vampire meta in pvp (and even PVE where they can solo public group dungeons and other content) i will stay unsubbed, good luck keeping some subs though.
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive side:

-Great news in so far as future additions may be concerned!
    -Once again, nailed it with the personal, down to earth tone. Thanks again Matt

Negative side:

- nothing about the UI? You are still addressing PC owners, exclusively. I am not playing on a console. Is your current UI, in terms of functionality, API locks, etc that good in your eyes it deserves no further mention?

Solution: How about, sometime in the laate late future, you make the PC client UI a bit more like an MMO PC client UI? You know, chatting without dying while you are doing so, able to control elements of it while interacting with a node simultaneously and so on?
    (not sure if it has garnered enough of your attention, but for an MMO player, needing to stop ---everything--- just to click on something, talk or whatever can be pretty annoying. This isn't a single player game, a tiny wrong can seem momentous when repeated for 4, 5 hours of gameplay in a row. Really)

- there are those still "on hold", leveling-wise, for reasons that while covered here, have some time before they get to be implemented.

Solution: Offer some type of re-subbing "reward". Did wonders for other games. Your way of thanking them for biding some more of their ("on hold") time.
    Pride, honour and purity
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that those who have already cancelled there subs won't get the 5 days extra...
    Good.

They can still re-sub before the deadline.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    The massive number of bug fixes in 1.1 should be released NOW, not wait for the group-only content of Craglorn to be ready.

GREAT IDEA, Lets not test the new tweaks they made to combat and etc, that way they will have no idea how it will actually affect overall game play, nor see what kind of issues would arise by implementing so much code. IT WILL BE JUST LIKE THE LAUNCH MONTH ALL OVER AGAIN!
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good, but I'd like to see more pressing issues handled too! Like repair decay & cost.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild functionality updates: guild store interface updates, customizable guild insignias, tabards, and guild ranks, and Guild Kiosks—guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.

There is a Santa Claus!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    Positive side:

-Great news in so far as future additions may be concerned!
    -Once again, nailed it with the personal, down to earth tone. Thanks again Matt

Negative side:

- nothing about the UI? You are still addressing PC owners, exclusively. I am not playing on a console. Is your current UI, in terms of functionality, API locks, etc that good in your eyes it deserves no further mention?

Solution: How about, sometime in the laate late future, you make the PC client UI a bit more like an MMO PC client UI? You know, chatting without dying while you are doing so, able to control elements of it while interacting with a node simultaneously and so on?
    (not sure if it has garnered enough of your attention, but for an MMO player, needing to stop ---everything--- just to click on something, talk or whatever can be pretty annoying. This isn't a single player game, a tiny wrong can seem momentous when repeated for 4, 5 hours of gameplay in a row. Really)

- there are those still "on hold", leveling-wise, for reasons that while covered here, have some time before they get to be implemented.

Solution: Offer some type of re-subbing "reward". Did wonders for other games. Your way of thanking them for biding some more of their ("on hold") time.

You should try this author's mod set:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info245-AdvancedFilters.html

They're only UI and quality of life improvements.
  • chavodab16_ESO
    the plans ahead look good, BUT, it still lack a preference server setting so you can play whit players that think alike (dungeon lovers, pve lovers, roleplayers, wack em on the head pvp players...
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please add better anti aliasing options
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Timowadeb16_ESO
    Timowadeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    OMFG im sooooooo happy!!1 Justice system!! <
    this, Guild functionality!! dark brotherhood and thieves guild!!! these are the things im most happy to see!!
  • Filodendron
    Filodendron
    ✭✭
    Just beware..those who have allready cancelled will not get the 5 free days..

That would be a *** move tbh. Basically ensuring that those who canceled won't change their mind.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some really amazing things being worked on. Some that are among the community's biggest complaints like quest phasing and FOV. Some which I honestly never thought would make it into an MMO version of TES like spellcrafting and killing random NPCs! Very impressed. It's ambitious but can't wait to see it.
  • FlameStar
    FlameStar
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Theres soo much good stuff to look forward to :3
    And a cool 5 day free game time addition!

Love the devs work so much. I'm glad they are taking the game seriously and everything.
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday someone called me a *** for rebuffing his assertion that "there is no communication"
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.
    No, this isn't an offline game, I don't want camps empty of NPCs simply because someone decided to gank them all .. this isn't the Barrens .. whether they're 'essential' or not.
    Forgot to say about adding the ability to freely switch between phases. There, problem solved.

Anyways, I'm way more concerned about Necromancy. It should have been available from start, now it's not even under development. Very very disappointed with this, although very excited with that list because all of the things are very needed and awesome.

Sorry that it's not here, now, but that sounds like that would be a pretty awesome new Class. that would also change up Combat and group structure. Really cool Idea, but is a bit of a tall order. Probably this will happen in an expansion.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it ! I knew that the game would be extended and improved and that the devs have listened to the community.

I am so happy that the Road Ahead was released. Now the angry players can digest something to soothe their nerves and quench their inner rage.

This game is going to be stellar ! It will be P2P forever ! Thanks ZoE !
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.