The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love the irony of eso pvp at times...

working on rounding out some of my EU toons...most have only spent time in cyrodiil...

I want to add soul assault to my magplar and magblade...

on my necro mag (who is set up as a tanky support build) I want to max the psijic skill line...skara minoc posts a bunch about how useful race against time is for their mag toons...I'm already using time freeze, so, just wanna complete the skill line...

for my necro stam I wanted to add the vampire skill line...

got bit today by a cp 2000 +, AD grand overlord (Tohr)...

not that they would probably ever need it, but, if I see them in cyro - they get a free pass from me :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 4, 2022 5:14PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw something a little different today, was on the EU server and we kept getting pushed hard from both EP and AD...

we were doing everything we could to protect Alma Ruma...at one point there were 30 to 40 EP in the Alma Ruma temple zone right next to the wall leading up to the starter area trying to kill a DC player holding the scroll...

it was bizarre, I've never seen that many enemy all over the place right next to that wall...

took around 10 minutes to kill them all off, so the scroll could be put back...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm LOVING dc this campaign. Smart map play, taking advantage of every opportunity, not over extending...
    Welcome back blueberries, give us hell!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a chance to say hi to jacky over on the EU server, always good to have jacky fighting on your side...if I'm not mistaken, I think I've been on a couple of scroll runs with them :)

I'll say this and leave it at that...i've been playing since console release, around june 2015, started a forum account in july 2016, got this thread going in the fall of that year...

almost six years now...

been fortunate to get a chance to not only chat with folks here, but, also campaign with them in cyrodiil - friend and foe, the main map primarily...

for those of us who've been at this a while, it's a serious time investment and hobby...

be kind to us mods :(
    Edited by geonsocal on May 9, 2022 7:44AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, made it to psijic 10 on my necro mag...

here's some basics: nord, ice destro/resto...wearing 5 heavy/2 light, 2 earthgore, 5 vicious death, 5 julianos...

ice destro: degeneration, meditate (still haven't morphed), unstable wall of frost, braided tether, avid boneyard, ravenous goliath (if I'm having trouble staying alive :# )

resto: combat prayer, beckoning armor, time freeze, stalking blastbones, spirit guardian, glacial colossus

quickslot: health draught, camp/cold-fire ballista/lancer, ballista, door/wall repair, flaming oil, siege repair kit, meat bag catapult/trebuchet, tri-pot

emotes: hello, thank you, guffaw, play flute, dance redguard, celebration, doom, where's my drink

costume: jarl finery

personality: deadlands firewalker

mount: holdbreaker warhorse
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Are there really any differences between the alliances?
    Hrm not really, unless you mean play styles. I've learned not to group when we're fighting DC because they will bomb you 90% of the time. EP has a lot of tanky and heavy hitters so I try to fight them at range. AD has the best healers compared to any other faction (me included ;p). These are all things I try to keep in mind for NA GH.

What do you enjoy most about this campaign?
    I like learning how to use my skills in a challenging setting. I'm still pretty new to eso and pvp compared to most. So I like the idea of testing out new builds, classes, and skills while in pvp. I die a lot, but it's all in good fun. I laugh almost all the time when I die, especially if I could have saved myself or rolled directly into a bomb. (which I do often)

If you could change one or two things about this campaign, what would it be?
    I'd remove low pop or make adjustments to it.

Does it annoy you to see players with multiple characters in different alliances?
    Not really, I think the whole 'spy' term is funny because if it's true you better believe each faction has one. I don't care about it though. I'm just having fun and I try not to take it too seriously.

How mad does it make you that the only alliance that ever gets end of campaign reward gear is DC?
    I don't think that's true, I've gotten some gear at the end of camp. When I first got into pvp I was so hooked that my end rewards were gold and I thought that was normal. Then when I stopped getting it, I realized it was just because I spent too much time there lol.

Do you enjoy mic’ing up while in random groups (outside of guild channels)?
    I used to when my old group went, but I mostly solo pvp now so no need to.

Favorite place to fight (although the action is sparse – I love the layout of cheydinhal)?
    I think my favorite spot is the land between brk and sej. Idk why, but it's so much fun. Second and third would be alessia bridge and ash gate.

Best pvp guilds per alliance?
    I honestly don't know any.

Does anyone else from DC call the IC merchant “[SNIP]”?
    I've never played a DC faction.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're awesome @DaisyRay ...glad you stopped by :)

I had almost forgotten I had used those questions to initially jumpstart the conversation...

man, but was I hooked early and hard in to eso pvp...still kind of am I guess...

very cool to hear you enjoy playing healers, it took me a couple of years to embrace that playstyle, now it's a blast...
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to come back to PS4 but I can't find my controller and I'm already paying for Game Pass.
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    "After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."

curse you @wazzz56 for sticking this sentence in my head, for like years now :smile:

LOL , as I have been described as a psychopath by my guildies for having 4.75 master anglers, I feel like it has always been the most fitting quote I could use :)

Well...... they're right.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »
    "After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."

curse you @wazzz56 for sticking this sentence in my head, for like years now :smile:

LOL , as I have been described as a psychopath by my guildies for having 4.75 master anglers, I feel like it has always been the most fitting quote I could use :)

@allup8679 wow.......also, did I see you in cyro? You get your ps working again?
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

• allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »

@allup8679 wow.......also, did I see you in cyro? You get your ps working again?

You and Master Angler is like me and Meteor on 7 characters.

That wasn't me. When I left, there was someone with all_up or something like that for the PSN name.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3a9.gif

been reading a bunch about improved cyrodiil/pvp performance on the PC...

giphy.gif
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    got a chance to say hi to jacky over on the EU server, always good to have jacky fighting on your side...if I'm not mistaken, I think I've been on a couple of scroll runs with them :)

I'll say this and leave it at that...i've been playing since console release, around june 2015, started a forum account in july 2016, got this thread going in the fall of that year...

almost six years now...

been fortunate to get a chance to not only chat with folks here, but, also campaign with them in cyrodiil - friend and foe, the main map primarily...

for those of us who've been at this a while, it's a serious time investment and hobby...

be kind to us mods :(

always nice to meet you mate and nice to run scrolls and doing our things with them :D
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every once in a while, i'll come across some forum stuff that is super insightful for pvp/cyrodiil:
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I remember my first PVP experience, I rode to a fight in Cyrodil on my 180 or so CP main and got deleted within 1 second and honestly, I personally don't think playing an established character is the best approach to learning PVP.

My go to, for a new class in PVP, is to start from a brand new character. And then only do BGs on that character, with no gear, and a skill leveling loadout (1 skill from each skill line, weapon skill, maybe a guild skill if I have it unlocked). And then I rotate as new skills unlock.

The point is, that I learn to survive and do damage with every skill in the class's toolkit, and later adapt the build and playstyle the skills that work best for me. What that does is allow me to learn how best to survive on the class when at a disadvantage.

But, also, leveling a new character means that, for PVP, in BGs, you are pitted against players who are more likely to be your equals in skill. Which gives you a better environment for learning to PVP than playing on a max level character for the first time against end game players.
    Edited by geonsocal on May 25, 2022 1:50AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had the weirdest keep capture the other day...3 of us going at glade, most of the rest of the map was red...just about every night on the EU server grey host is red...

logged in, really low pop for blue at the time, did some work at ray, it was a little too easy...showed up at glade mine, followed a player from there to glade front door, i set up a ram and ballista (that's all i had useful slotted at the time)...

inexplicably, the other two didn't have any siege...

anyway, i think we were gated at the time, but no one was really interested in stopping us...two flaming oils could have stopped us...

a couple of more DC showed up and we finished flag capture (after like 15 minutes of slogging it out,)...not too long afterwards we got pushed off the map again...

it's was like slow motion siege fighting where the enemy wasn't really that interested in killing you...we fought well, but - it was if those folks there had already feasted by devouring most of the map and us meager AP scraps weren't really interesting...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 25, 2022 2:09AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spending more time on NA grey host...we're in first place there :)

i don't know all the players or politics, but someone named "punish/protect" (something like that) has been helping to steer us random solo potatoes in zone chat...

super helpful to help keep me heading in the right direction...and sucking in AP like a vacuum :p
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't know all the players or politics, but someone named "punish/protect" (something like that) has been helping to steer us random solo potatoes in zone chat...

super helpful to help keep me heading in the right direction...and sucking in AP like a vacuum :p

PnP moved his guild over to gray host from blackreach, probably because blackreach is too difficult to coordinate with randoms in lol.

Doesn't effect me much since blackreach is my main campaign. I don't want to play in faction locked campaigns and Gray host is too laggy to play on top of that. I'll take my low pop in blackreach any day, at least I can play the game and with no restrictions.
    But good job with getting 1st in GH
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normally i don't comment on performance, because, well at times it gets really bad, but - it's been like this for years, so, why bother even mentioning it anymore...

except - lately it seems to be getting even worse...must be a couple of weeks now where my potions and ultimates are not very reliable tools, forget helping me to win fights, not being able to count on potions and ultimates is really hard to even stay alive...

i don't like dying too much...at times it happens, better players, better skill, better builds, more player numbers - i'm okay with that kind of stuff...

usually i can at least time things by anticipating the action, but, that isn't even helping right now...taking a break for the moment, cuz, i just disconnected at glade...

siege makes things look even worse - everything is frozen, moves around for a few seconds, than freezes again...good chance no one is still standing in the spot you're firing at...

ugh...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 3, 2022 6:44AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That guild also streams live for everyone, including the enemy.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 4, 2022 6:33AM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normally i don't comment on performance, because, well at times it gets really bad, but - it's been like this for years, so, why bother even mentioning it anymore...

except - lately it seems to be getting even worse...must be a couple of weeks now where my potions and ultimates are not very reliable tools, forget helping me to win fights, not being able to count on potions and ultimates is really hard to even stay alive...

i don't like dying too much...at times it happens, better players, better skill, better builds, more player numbers - i'm okay with that kind of stuff...

usually i can at least time things by anticipating the action, but, that isn't even helping right now...taking a break for the moment, cuz, i just disconnected at glade...

siege makes things look even worse - everything is frozen, moves around for a few seconds, than freezes again...good chance no one is still standing in the spot you're firing at...

ugh...

Yeah performance has gotten really terrible. Like the lag has gotten so bad actions per minute has completely reduced. I went into gray host on my stam sorc and 1v1ed a mag DK and legit both of us were only using 1 ability every 4 seconds, not because we were messing around but the game would only allow us to use 1 ability every few seconds, It legit looked like a turn based battle was going on.
    It was so horrendous I just left the fight and 'wayshrined out of gray host :D
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

ugh...

It legit looked like a turn based battle was going on.

at times it's not a very funny situation at all, that is funny though :)

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing a bunch during primetime...with lots of folks around i've been focusing more on using siege during open field melees, laying camps everywhere and even slotting siege shield...

siege shield can make a huge difference both with keep capture and defense...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 8, 2022 12:37AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    things are super close (about seven days in to the campaign) on the EU server...a little more spread out on the NA server...

yesterday on the EU server (where DC has the lead) it was wild - all 3 factions had relatively the same pops, but both EP and AD came to push us off the map and take our scrolls...

somehow we managed to hang on to Alma Ruma, but it was some really intense fighting...we managed to gain back some territory after that, but we were off the map for a good 20 minutes or so trying to fight our way out of the Alma Ruma Temple...

over on the NA server today - got completely overwhelmed at times by AD, they just had some really good numbers, took a couple of hours to clear them from the north, then another hour or two to take ash back...

every time we pushed Ash, Carmala, Nikel, Roe - there was plenty of dominion folks to hold the ground...i don't always see AD come out in force like that, on either server - it was good to see :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ola my fellow cyrodiil peeps...

well, performance has done abut a one hundred and eighty degree turn for me, stuff is actually working for me now...

oh it's sooooo nice to be winning fights again...

just finished playing over on the EU server with my magplar, just added soul strike...such a great skill for 1 v 1's, people often underestimate just how much of their health bar that ult will wear away...

i'm wearing spinners/war maiden/balorgh so whatever of their health bar is left over from soul strike either jabs or jesus beam should take care of things - that's if they're not some unkillable tank or a top tier player...

jumping around from toon to toon getting all 17 toons to tier 3, but i think once everyone is set i'm gonna focus on my magsorcs...

i'd really like to work on my negate timing...very effective ultimate in the right situation...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 8, 2022 12:32AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, this is how they ended up releasing oakensoul on the PC release...

Oakensoul Ring
    1 – While equipped, grants Major Prophecy, Savagery, Brutality, Sorcerery, Berserk, Courage, Force, Protection, Resolve, Heroism, and Minor Intellect, Endurance, and Fortitude.

yeah, wow...for us folks - that's pretty much a must have...although i have 17 toons, only about 12 of them now have truly "unique" builds...no doubt oakensoul will end up on at least 4 or so...

wow, what a gear item to put out...

also saw this which interests me:
    Lefthander’s War Girdle
    1 – Roll Dodge no longer evades attack and instead grants a damage shield that absorbs up to 20990 damage over 1 second. This damage shield is unaffected by Battle Spirit.

i'm "set up" (champion points, stamina, stamina sustain) to block (best mitigation in the game) on a bunch of my toons...my natural instinct when fighting though is to roll dodge...i'm not using any "roll-dodging" sets, but - if/when i get this item, i may give one a try :)

to date i've collected the pale order (when i used to stay at stage 4 i had my vamps use it - Restore 20% of the damage you deal as Health. This value is decreased by 4% per ally you are grouped with. You cannot be healed by anyone but yourself) and malacath (i'm still using it on at least one build, necrostam, Increases your damage done by 16% but decreases your Critical Damage done by 50%) rings...

i'm most likely gonna go farm these two new items...

also interested in this new light armor set, i'll just need to compare to some stuff i'm already using:
    Overland
    Blessing of High Isle – Light
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – When you are healed while in combat, increase your Weapon and Spell Damage by 369 for 5 seconds.

and this craftable:
    Serpent’s Disdain
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5 – Increase the duration of Status Effects you apply by 16 seconds.

i imagine like a lot of other regulars, since plaguebreak i very rarely purge anymore - i don't know, a bunch of my builds really focus on applying status effects - this set could be really good for that...

except for the wardens and weekend templars - they just can't seem to purge enough :p
    Edited by geonsocal on June 9, 2022 11:23PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at some point i'd like to farm and give these other two mythics a try:

Gaze of Sithis: Adds 3276 Maximum Health, Adds 1025 Health Recovery, Adds 4000 Armor, Reduces your Block Mitigation to 0.

Markyn Ring of Majesty: Gain 100 Weapon and Spell Damage and 1157 Armor for every set you are wearing at least 3 or more pieces of.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    over on the NA side of things:

alrighty then - i ain't saying it's cheating, but c'mon man near 20 million AP and the campaign is barely half way through...whatever, go to sleep, eat, have a proper bowel movement, no way can someone play approximately 20 hours a day - even with the delve and outside keep bonuses, very hard to imagine someone averaging 1.2 mil or so a day, for two weeks straight...
    img_3115.gif

i think the highest campaign score i ever saw was around 35 million, that was during one of the mid-year mayhem events though...

okay, i admit, i am a bit bitter at the moment...they did kill me tonight, that was more my fault and taking to long to put away my siege and get inside the inner keep...

i don't know, maybe it's all legit...i don't really care...certain situations bug me when i die, it did bug me though that they killed me right before i could reach the door - UGH!!!

:)

oh yeah, to make matters worse, not only did i die without making it through a door (one of the most frustrating deaths because it's ability and potion timing), right afterwards i died again at one of the scroll temples...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 15, 2022 9:24AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @fred4 , howdy @taugrim , howdy @VaranisArano

you three folks are probably some of the best communicators i've come across here on the forums reference pvp, i really appreciate the clarity of your insight...

there's a lot of smart people playing the game and here on the forums - communicating to others, more to the point: guiding/instructing others - is a whole different thing...

I'm wondering if any of you may have put together a video reference cyrodiil situational awareness and reading opponents?

not looking for build vids or music bomb vids...hopefully something that's slow and clear regarding:
    - siege tactics
    - keep defense
    - large scale combat
    - small scale combat
    - reading opponents (small scale, large scale)

oh, and sorry for dragging you down here in to the forums' basement, this be my humble abode :)
    tumblr_ol5rmaQx6p1shkqqyo1_250.gifv
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so is this the patch where everyone starts building - "hybrids"

looking that way, up until now i've only really had one hybrid build - my stamplar...

as always it'll be a puzzle synergizing different gear options - now i guess though it's simply choose the best skill from each of the class abilities...that'll be different...

the choice of weapons will matter a bunch too...same as now only different, instead of one hybrid build out of seventeen, there'll be more, a bunch more probably...

currently using streak on my stam sorc, getting ready to add haunting curse...

it's funny, haven't given much thought to whether it's good or bad - all i know is that it's better to play with a toon that succeeds in its role...

the necessity for optimization was a hard lesson that took me a couple of years to learn...some totally random IC small grouping with a couple of canadians finally opened my eyes...we fought in IC, fought in cyrodiil, did not lose almost at all...discussed builds a bit and fighting techniques, they were light years ahead of me...

it's funny - the truth seems to hit me the quickest and hardest with what goes unsaid by others...all those: oh okay :#
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick update on the campaign, 10 days left...

EU:
    DC - 63.9k
    EP - 58.1k
    AD - 55.6k

top score darkpsy9 - 12.8 million...

my top score is about 225k AP, good for 218 place for DC alliance...

NA:
    EP - 66.8k
    DC - 57.0k
    AD - 56.3k

top score saikoasashin - 24.5 million...

my top score is about 120k AP, good for 200 place for DC alliance...