The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    memories failing me a bit at the moment, but - i believe both EU and NA Gray Host is within around 3k points between first and third...

lately my play time EU is normally fairly balanced (no bars usually)...right now though on NA we (DC) are pounding the map pretty hard...

sorry my ebonheart pact cyrodiil brothers and sisters, but, spent last night fighting like hell to keep y'all from getting back inside farragut...

i like defending keeps :D

i think it's been like 3 years now i've been all blue - over time my perspective towards gating (particularly EP on EU) folks has changed drastically...especially on EU, there have been times that for months on end we were just being relentlessly hammered and driven off the map by the pact...

happy to return the favor the last month or so...different server and all, but - same sentiments...

honestly, i ain't gonna wait at your gate, or worse yet the wall you gotta jump down to get out of the starter area - but, yeah i'm gonna enjoy making you work a bit to get inside your own keep, and better have some friends :)

although, there usually is a spot from somewhere around the keep that is hard to counter-attack with siege from the keep, gotta just lay down a camp and hope you can beat whoever is out there, or at least slow them down at bit...thankfully most solo siegers are not so great at 1 v 1...

Is EU/GH pop locked at any time?
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 17, 2022 8:25PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »
    Wow and they think it is funny in their zone chat.

The_Elder_Scrolls_Online__Tamriel_Unlimited_20220112144758.jpg?width=551&height=627

What are they saying in zone chat?

ad zone chat is mostly ppl mocking those who try and take everything tbh
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    memories failing me a bit at the moment, but - i believe both EU and NA Gray Host is within around 3k points between first and third...

lately my play time EU is normally fairly balanced (no bars usually)...right now though on NA we (DC) are pounding the map pretty hard...

sorry my ebonheart pact cyrodiil brothers and sisters, but, spent last night fighting like hell to keep y'all from getting back inside farragut...

i think it's been like 3 years now i've been all blue - over time my perspective towards gating (particularly EP on EU) folks has changed drastically...especially on EU, there have been times that for months on end we were just being relentlessly hammered and driven off the map by the pact...

happy to return the favor the last month or so...different server and all, but - same sentiments...

honestly, i ain't gonna wait at your gate, or worse yet the wall you gotta jump down to get out of the starter area - but, yeah i'm gonna enjoy making you work a bit to get inside your own keep, and better have some friends :)

although, there usually is a spot from somewhere around the keep that is hard to counter-attack with siege from the keep, gotta just lay down a camp and hope you can beat whoever is out there, or at least slow them down at bit...thankfully most solo siegers are not so great at 1 v 1...

wow, you know what, I can't remember the last time I waited in a queue to get in...

maybe like on a Saturday for a bit?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable, AD now leads by 40,000 on BR PS NA. smh
    Twice as much as DC. lol
    Think we can pull it out in the 9 days left? :D
    AD 81115
    EP 53891
    DC 41991

Some serious PvDoor going on. lol
    It isn't like they have any serious competition.

Edited by TequilaFire on January 21, 2022 2:01PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the "Kings of PvDoor" just broke 90K on PS NA BR.
    I bet they make 100K before campaign end with such skill.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭

wow, you know what, I can't remember the last time I waited in a queue to get in...

maybe like on a Saturday for a bit?

We get login queues on EP (Grey Host EU) most nights. Around 20 at prime time on a weekday and maybe 40 on a weekend. Doesn't usually take too long to get in. I think excess AD might go to Blackreach as there's often 1 yellow bar in there. Not sure about DC.
    Ps4 EU
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TequilaFire yeah it's totally lame, and it kills pvp...but my question, did you have this same energy when dc did the exact same thing in there for multiple campaigns in a row?

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

@TequilaFire yeah it's totally lame, and it kills pvp...but my question, did you have this same energy when dc did the exact same thing in there for multiple campaigns in a row?

Only thing I remember was there was a time when my DC guild used BR to emp several of it's members, but never were they at the point where one resource on the map could not be blue for 30 seconds. lmao
    I have been doing all the PvE stuff an the only AD I have on another account on BR the last couple of weeks on and off, so I am seeing the problem from both sides.
    I actually blame DC and EP for not playing more on BR because of only wanting to dog pile on GH.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 24, 2022 1:47PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

Only thing I remember was there was a time when my DC guild used BR to emp several of it's members, but never were they at the point where one resource on the map could not be blue for 30 seconds. lmao
    I have been doing all the PvE stuff an the only AD I have on another account on BR the last couple of weeks on and off, so I am seeing the problem from both sides.
    I actually blame DC and EP for not playing more on BR because of only wanting to dog pile on GH.

@TequilaFire oh no, dc would zerg bm and bb resources with full groups the second an ad took them back, which is fine for me because I pvp to fight and not pvdoor, but it does kill a campaign because some people avoid fights that aren't 30v30 lag fests...the ep in br accuse people of spying when I go over to help ..the dc complain that my guild is trolling when we jump on dc to help when the actuality is we are just trying to kill ad crybabies.. and the ad complain that we play all 3 .....ppl are weird man
    Edited by wazzz56 on January 24, 2022 4:12PM

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gonna log in in a minute to EU and later NA grey host...I think the campaign may have just ended...

EP took first on EU GH and DC is up on top in NA GH...

got all 7 EU toons to tier 3, and have like 8 on the NA server to tier 3...

been making AP at a pretty good clip this campaign, just map reading and a lot of mount riding (ouch for my thumb)...

been doing the clockwork city world boss dailies for tickets, but, other than that - it's been a while since I've done any adventuring in the rest of tamriel...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think DC can pull it out? lmao

0yd4o1C.jpg
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The_Elder_Scrolls_Online__Tamriel_Unlimited_20220112144758.jpg?width=551&height=627

This is why I play rainbow. I would hate having to be forced to play alliance locked and log-in to a full yellow map, most of my toons are AD, with about 6 that are DC/EP it would be quite annoying not being able to use 12 of my toons open world lol
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

This is why I play rainbow. I would hate having to be forced to play alliance locked and log-in to a full yellow map, most of my toons are AD, with about 6 that are DC/EP it would be quite annoying not being able to use 12 of my toons open world lol

as far as "making it work" (ie simply rocking one alliance in cyrodiil) from an enjoyable gaming experience it's super helpful to have fighting toons on both servers...that way if things are dead or you're being gated, or whatever, you can go play on the other server...

just my personal opinion now, i cross-factioned for many years - since going solo faction, cyrodiil (in particular the grey host map on each server) is definitely a more "immersive" and enjoyable gameplay experience...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 8, 2022 5:49AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was going to mention this the other day, but forgot...

been on my NA magdk pretty consistently for a couple of weeks...after like 5 years, finally starting to get the whip thing down...

was riding around ales, feeling good about myself, at the backside of the keep set up a nice little 1 v 1 against another pretty close in cp magdk right in front of a few of the wandering guards outside the keep...

was feeling confident at the moment, my gear is pretty okay, my rotations not too bad...usually i can slow the fight down and reset when necessary - whoever it was though, bursted me down in like 10 seconds...

it does happen, not much though, even less often in 1 v 1's where i like set up the fight...

i was sooo bummed when i rezzed back inside the keep...i had the guards on my side and i still didn't even get a chance to pop a pot, use my ult, pretty much nothing,...

usually i'll rush right back out to go fight someone if they kill me around a keep we own...

not this time, took me a few seconds for me to compose myself, re-think my toon's life - and go at it again :'(
    Edited by geonsocal on February 8, 2022 5:48AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

been on my NA magdk pretty consistently for a couple of weeks...after like 5 years, finally starting to get the whip thing down...

was riding around ales, feeling good about myself, at the backside of the keep set up a nice little 1 v 1 against another pretty close in cp magdk right in front of a few of the wandering guards outside the keep...

was feeling confident at the moment, my gear is pretty okay, my rotations not too bad...usually i can slow the fight down and reset when necessary - whoever it was though, bursted me down in like 10 seconds...

it does happen, not much though, even less often in 1 v 1's where i like set up the fight...

i was sooo bummed when i rezzed back inside the keep...i had the guards on my side and i still didn't even get a chance to pop a pot, use my ult, pretty much nothing,...

usually i'll rush right back out to go fight someone if they kill me around a keep we own...

not this time, took me a few seconds for me to compose myself, re-think my toon's life - and go at it again :'(

Learn anything from death recap or dm the player?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn anything from death recap or dm the player?

that would have been the smart thing to do, check my recap, think about the fight, however few seconds the whole thing lasted...i was pretty pissed at myself for doing so bad though that i just wanted to move on from that particular fight :)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you can't tell if the other guy is just that good or if your skills actually worked.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you can't tell if the other guy is just that good or if your skills actually worked.

oh my gosh - i have been absolutely getting cooked lately on NA GH...first the thing with running in to the same class, similar build and getting toasted - quickly...

well, got on my i'm so cool in my xivkyn look hybrid werewolf stamplar, molag kena/rattlecage/shacklebreaker who's traditionally been a fairly reliable toon - and got absolutely cooked for at least an hour by this AD One Quinn player - who just so happens to be a legit stamplar...

i know they must have gotten tired of killing me, but, i had to keep testing different rotations to see if there was any way first to mitigate some of the damage from their jabs, and second try to at least put a dent in their health bar...

different fights but, mostly 1 v 1 or it was a situation where i was part of of small X (2 to 3 players)...and yes, i mostly certainly did try to take advantage of resource guards and what not, just didn't make a difference...best i did was a 2 v 2 where i was transformed, eventually lost that fight too...

honestly though - at this point, i don't mind losing small scale fights to better players - it's happened more than enough times over the years :)

it wasn't just this one NA super jab templar either, ran in to a couple of nightblades over on the EU server that made me wanna burn all the light armor i was wearing on my mag sorc...i had to just stay buffed or hidden the whole time i was playing...literally, at least two different nightblades marked me as the weak one over the course of multiple sieges...after the first 30 minutes of play though, i figured things out a bit better - yeah, lots of crouching :p

i'll be honest, even though i'm a serious random solo potato act, i fight well with allies around, really well usually...obviously it would be a lot more beneficial to be actually grouping with other players...but, i am what i am :#

so, i'm getting really sick of dying, before i simply disappear on NA GH (that means just only play my magblade) - i'm gonna give my stam dk a run...he's in velidreth/seventh legion/swamp raider, five heavy, and a werewolf too...i wanna work on his whip - the spin move looks kind of cool...

i'm getting a little tired though of dying so much in this small scale NA cyrodiil stuff...

oh yeah, my EU toons have hit cp 1200...filling in the blanks...NA toons are still around cp 1350...another year or so and they'll probably be about even...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 13, 2022 7:22PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dusted off my armor and went back into Cyrodiil for the big event this last weekend. I like events like this because I'm not out there getting owned constantly. Just most of the time, which is refreshing. In order to knock the dust off, I decided to complete an old "Capture Dragon Claw Lumber Mill" quest. A warm up like this helps me remember which button is jump. So I'm on the long ride to the north and dammit if the mill doesn't flip to yellow before I get there. Son of a... So I'm watching the map and all the resources flip from blue to yellow and I figure it's only a matter of time before blue does something about this. Meanwhile I'm standing on a what looks like a stone stage in the middle of nowhere, well off the beaten path and playing my lute while I wait for DC to recapture the resources so I can then wait a little longer for them to leave so I can grab that lumber mill. First the farm turns blue, then the mine, and I'm like, "Ok, any minute now" and one minute turns to five which turns to ten and it isn't even flagged yet. They left! Those blue a-holes couldn't even be bothered to flip the lumber mill before taking off.

I put away the map and decided to wait just a bit longer. It was a long ride after all, and I forgot all about recall stones of which I had several. When, what I can only assume is a PVE quester for DC rides by in the not-too-distant distance. I wonder if he saw me up on stage there playing my lute. I turned the camera to watch but otherwise I was tickling those strings like a virtuoso. Oh... yep. He saw me.

He comes riding up and I don't break my lute playing. He takes a light attack shot, which I assumed was just him saying hello. A bit of a rude hello since it stopped my emote. So I wave to him and resume my lute. Then, this guy just attacks me! In the middle of nowhere, while I was minding my own business, in a war zone, near his team's castle. Still though, I'm just a harmless lute player. It was right around here when I realized he must be a PVE guy because I was still alive after his opening salvo. I tried to just block and be cool. Like, hey fella, stop. But he pressed the issue. I figured I would at least get a free ride back home since the blue team wasn't in any hurry to take back their mill. I played defensively, blocking, healing up and then went on the offensive. My first time back in Cyrodiil in a long time and here I am stuck in a 1v1 nowhere near any help. Well, my heart was pounding and my spears were sweeping and puncturing. My charges were toppling, and he was bathed in the purifying light of the divines. His arcane sorcerer magic was nothing compared to the divine magic of... well of the divines. He died right there on my lute stage. Gross. I can't have a corpse mucking up my stage. It's not a good look. Luckily I had my handy shovel emote handy and after a few quick digs, I honor emoted him and got the notification that I could now join Grey Host. I accepted while he was still lying there dead.

I like to imagine how it looked from his perspective. He's out there killing daedra or whatever else type of quest he's got going on. Off to his left he sees an opponent standing all alone playing a lute. Is it a trap? After a quick tap to test the waters he figures, "I've been playing this game a long while now. I'm going to attack this two-star warlord with the Explorer tag and see what happens." And just like that, it all goes wrong as the tables quickly turn and this Ballcap fellow slays him, shovels, honors, and then disappears into thin air. I hope he learned something that day. Never, and I mean never, interrupt a man's lute playing.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, I'm still laughing a few minutes later...too funny @Ballcap ...

had the boys over this weekend, so basically every time I queued for grey host, I had to go cook/clean, do something with one of the kids...

missed a lot of queues, when I finally got in I disconnected on like the 3rd keep fight...

performance was not so great...

getting ready to see if I can get in on either EU or NA right now...

I did spend some time in imperial city doing some fighting...it's always great to see IC jammed pack with folks...I love the district environments for pvp...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally got to spend some time in grey host, holy cow, somehow game performance seems to be getting even sketchier...

was running around chalman on EU with zero bars for all alliances, there weren't but a handful of us all fighting, still really bad lag and got disconnected...

oh well...

it seems though like the NA server is working a little better, but, things are pretty choppy there also...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 25, 2022 7:12PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally got to spend some time in grey host, holy cow, somehow game performance seems to be getting even sketchier...

was running around chalman on EU with zero bars for all alliances, there weren't but a handful of us all fighting, still really bad lag and got disconnected...

oh well...

it seems though like the NA server is working a little better, but, things are pretty choppy there also...

Yeah performance during the event was quite bad. I had to almost exclusively avoid cyrodiil besides like playing really early in the morning like 9-10 am eastern. During prime time I just could not play at all. It sucks, I wanted some juicy AP ticks but if I can't play, it's not worth it. Had to spend my time in imperial city
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    decided to just rest up this weekend (read: hang out and watch movies and play video games :) )...

almost have all my EU guys to tier 3 already, gotta love that pelinal 2x AP boost...

during the weekends when there are larger open field mass melees - great time to play a werewolf...

it's interesting, the game and how different builds perform change a good bit over time...

right now having an absolute blast on my 3 sorcerers (2 mag, 1 stam), by far my favorite class to play at the moment...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope all is well for you brave warriors putting in work for your alliance/toon :)

about halfway through the current campaign and EP is fairly well locked in for another campaign win on both servers...

finished up getting my EU toons all to tier 3, working through my NA guys now...

had a new glitch happen today...lag was bad and died during a vamp scion transformation...

after someone rezzed me my toon wasn't transformed but they and their mount stayed at that scion/goliath size for a while...

it looked funny...I remember years ago being in to recording glitches, now I barely notice them...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 15, 2022 3:19AM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man I barely play anymore...between performance and the population decline the game is just blah to me right now...though I do check in on here , mostly to see if @TequilaFire is going to make any posts about the constant gating and score imbalance in BR :) hope all you guys are well..and hope the next patch is not as bad as I imagine it to be

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sooooooo, been getting in to NA DC zone chat a little more lately...during the times i play the pops are fairly low - i like it, it gives me a chance to play alongside some of the NA DC regulars...

i'm not sure why, but for some reason the NA folks seem to be more reliant on grouping...

here's the deal - from my experience playing on all three factions, by far the covenant has the most solo players, primarily focused on AP accumulation, both servers, it often shows in the leaderboards...which is cool by me - random solo AP leeching potato is exactly my playstyle...

i know it's just my own perspective, what's starting to become clear though, somehow, someway, the folks on the EU server really know how to fight well solo - together...

they also seem to know where on the whole cyrodiil map they should be...i know, i know, play as you wish - there is though a fairly clear alliance "strategy/purpose"...there's also weird vendetta stuff and dancing going on, at times it's simply the appropriate move to make...

ha, i spent about twenty minutes the other day burning this stamplar's siege over and over at rayles (the cost was dying a bunch), i even let them flag the keep once before i laid down a couple of cold-fire ballista's...

i didn't get a single dang d-tic, i was stuck at like 93,000 AP for a while, and i just didn't feel like going anywhere else...

the not so funny part though was this cp 774 stamplar kicking my cp almost 1400 mag warden's butt :|

yeah, next time that lizard goes out to play he'll be dressed differently...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 18, 2022 3:30AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, ran into a player named winterlion who does double DC duty on the servers :)

there's at least a handful of us i believe that are active on both grey host maps...grad and ancient may be two others?
    Edited by geonsocal on March 18, 2022 3:27AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a common thing, but I had a great experience chasing a resource tower runner. Normally I won't spend too much time chasing someone around, up, down, and through a tower. I'm old, you're faster than me, that's fine. However, I'll give it a go for a minute or two, just to see if I can make any headway. So I'm chasing this guy around the lumber mill at Ash. I'm actually getting to them a bit so I'm engaged. We come tearing around the corner on the second floor, they're running and I'm lumbering after them (it is the "lumber" mill after all) when suddenly they race toward the side of the tower and leap off. I think they are bugging out and maybe I'll get a helpful stun from the NPC's or something. So I go leaping after the player. Then I watch as they hit the Psijic ultimate mid-air which takes them back in time to when they were still on the tower. Meanwhile, I'm still whistling towards the ground at full speed. Now, I'm standing at the bottom like Ron Burgundy when Baxter ate the whole wheel of cheese. "I'm not even mad, that's amazing." Link Well done whoever you are.
    Edited by Ballcap on March 18, 2022 5:43PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do my fellow Cyrodiil enthusiasts 😊

been spending more time over on the NA server lately...

re-tooled my way to squishy NA mag warden...put him back in to a SnB/resto staff set-up...also put him in to Balorgh/Spell Power Cure/Pariah...

wearing 7 heavy, so yeah - I can't really kill too many folks myself, but I can keep allies alive and take a pretty good beating...

sometimes i just don't wanna die when I'm playing, it happens, but, getting tanky helps keep you fighting a lot longer...

things have gotten a bit better recently regarding map play on the NA server...

still seems like a pretty noticeable difference between DC's EU and NA servers...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a chance to play on both servers this morning, not sure what was going in, but, I think someone at AD's starter zones was passing out free sets of dark convergence...

it was in seriously heavy use by the dominion today...