The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for Tales of Tribute

• CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    xgoku1 wrote: »
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    In NPC matches the AI usually does this: buy tavern cards till 15-20 prestige, then spam Orgnum.

I have not seen this at all.
    Options
  • Beekeeper1
    Beekeeper1
    ✭✭✭
    I like the game as do other players I interact with routinely. It could be awesome if the bugs are ever fixed. What is so disillusioning is that this was portrayed as the key piece of this release. It was stated that the Dev's were forever playing it and loving it. Now I agree that they probably loved it, as do many of us. But this begs the question about resources and priorities at ESO et al concerning this game. How can a key feature be so lacking starting with the tutorial, to the game's mechanics to the npc questing and npc actions? Riddle me this batman, as the expression goes, how can a key feature the main event be so poorly launched with only weeks to official release? Doesn't bode well for the future wrt to investment in the game by the management as they apparently already are scaling back.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NPCs are admittedly very very dumb, its like a completely different game between NPC and verse people. surely it isn't all that hard to get the NPCs to not just let you get 4 patrons and actually get any prestige at all, I am winning like 50 - 0 against the players the story is trying to hype up as cocky masters of the game.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played my second game, the Discard x cards from the Tavern is buggy. Sometimes it would let me remove the cards, sometimes it seemed to be expecting me to buy them and then would randomly ask me to discard later.

This was vs. the low-tank Khajiit NPC if it matters.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on April 28, 2022 11:33AM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Synaryn
    Synaryn
    ✭✭✭
    The change to Hunding making his Patron ability passive makes him a much more solid pick. Celarus is still very bad, his Patron ability costs too much and Hunding mills your deck better. His patron ability costs more gold than Orgnum or Rajhin, who both have a stronger benefit. Lowering the gold cost for his Patron ability to 2 gold would be a good idea, and cards themed around viewing your opponent's draw pile or hand would fit well for a Psijic and make him complement Rajhin well. R

Rajhin is a much stronger pick now that his cards destroy enemy agents instead of your own, but the bugs from discarding cards making the game hang make him a risky pick. Once that's taken care of, he'll be great. Red Eagle is still weak in my opinion with too much reliance on Contract Actions and destroying your own cards for little benefit. Perhaps something like the Treasury's Writ of Coin, where using a Red Eagle card to destroy a card gives you a Power card.

Orgnum is a little boring to play since if you just spam his patron ability and cards, it's an easy win, not sure how to fix it.

All the other decks are surprisingly well-balanced IMO. Crows is VERY strong, but it's balanced by his Patron ability being unusable when he favors you. Fighting over his favor leads to very fun swingy games of dropping all your gold to sacrifice to the Crow, I am still trying to determine the right tactical moments to deploy his favor. Pelin's Armory card is a little too OP, making it a 1 gold 3 power, Combo 2 for 2 more Power would make it less of a must-buy-or-you-lose.

The rewards should have a higher drop rate of motif chapters, I've only gotten two so far. The food and potions are entirely inventory filler and a little annoying in a game where we already need so much in our inventory, could do away with them entirely.

I am very curious about the design process behind the game and would be overjoyed to see an article or AMA about how it was made and playtested, what everyone's favorite cards/combos are, plans for the future, etc!
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synaryn wrote: »
    Red Eagle is still weak in my opinion with too much reliance on Contract Actions and destroying your own cards for little benefit.

Destroying your own cards IS the benefit in itself. It lets you get more combos and increases the likelihood of getting your good cards. I've used it to remove the neutral +1 gold cards, and even the +2 gold cards, or cards I don't get a benefit from anymore.

Combined with the Red Eagle tribute power (draw 1 card), it gives you a lot of deck control.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the AI is a bit broken. they didn't get any prestige until the end of the game.

iyb8zjus26rm.png
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 1, 2022 9:34AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synaryn wrote: »
    Red Eagle is still weak in my opinion with too much reliance on Contract Actions and destroying your own cards for little benefit.

Destroying your own cards IS the benefit in itself. It lets you get more combos and increases the likelihood of getting your good cards. I've used it to remove the neutral +1 gold cards, and even the +2 gold cards, or cards I don't get a benefit from anymore.

Combined with the Red Eagle tribute power (draw 1 card), it gives you a lot of deck control.

Exactly this! Red Eagle by itself is quite weak, yes, but combined with a powerful combo deck like Duke of Crows and it can really shine! Especially since you don't often want to be using the Duke of Crows patron effect until later in the game - Red Eagle provides an extra draw on tap, no matter the allegiance! Really nice synergy.

Here's an example from a game I just had - used the Karth Man-Hunter at first with the starting War Song card to proc Combo 2 and remove both the gold cards and the other two starting cards from my hand, whilst picking up as many Crows cards as I could. Then, once I bought the Hagraven and could delete cards on command, you can get rid of Karth Man-Hunter and War Song as well to limit the deck to Duke of Crows cards only! Awesome.

vhx5s2yz9avf.png
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will never play this card, bugged or unbugged. I find it boring and incomprehensible and the tutorial scores the Oscar for being the worst tutorial ever given by any game anywhere ever.

My husband is a Scot and I told him if he ever spoke with an accent like that I would divorce him.
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My husband is a Scot and I told him if he ever spoke with an accent like that I would divorce him.
    I also do not like the dry card game at all,
    but I must admit I really like the voice of the speaker.
    Can I get a house guest please with such a charming voice?
    Options
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also do not like the dry card game at all,
    but I must admit I really like the voice of the speaker.
    Can I get a house guest please with such a charming voice?

You actually can get Bragas as a houseguest, as one of the achievement rewards tied to Tales of Tribute
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
    Options
  • Midni
    Midni
    ✭✭
    What are your thoughts in general regarding the gameplay and quest components?

I think the gameplay is fresh in relation to other card games I played. I particularly like the patron favours mechanic as it reminds me a bit of chess. For me the tutorial did not do much in terms of comprehending the flow of the game. Rather, the tournament quest felt like an extended and a more comprehensive tutorial.

What is your level of experience with competitive card games?

I've been playing Hearthstone for many years, but lately mostly the tavern brawls, played Legends a bit, and MTGO a bit.

Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up playing?

I became more comfortable with Tribute as I progressed through the tournament quest. I'm still figuring things out, but after the tournament quest and a couple of games with other players I think I grasped it pretty well.

What took the most time for you to understand?

The order in which I can activate agents for combos.

Was anything confusing or unclear while you were playing?

Placing cards in the cooldown or draw pile. Bonus effects from opponent's agents when I have to discard one of my cards.

Did you mainly play against NPCs or other players?

I may have played equal number of games between NPCs and players.

Were you able to easily find the Roister Club and the tutorial quest?

Yup, but mostly because I watched the stream about the chapter. I looked for the statue and some docks.

What was your favorite and least favorite deck, and why?

I think I like Orgnum because of the treasure-like feel of the favour he gives. I tend to play the Psijic deck the least, if ever, but that's because I didn't explore its strategic use enough and the options of placing cards in the cooldown pile or the draw pile are still confusing to me.

Did you feel any cards were too strong or not strong enough?

So far the cards I played feel pretty balanced to me. The saint Pelin cards can give pretty strong advantage, but I can't call them stronger than an effective use of the Hlaalu cards.

How did the Patrons feel? Did you find they fit into the game and general flow with their related decks?

Saint Pelin, Hlaalu, and the Duke live up to how I perceive their corresponding personality or archetype in relation to the game. The loremaster is evocative through the card design but not through the gameplay so far for me. Rahjin feels more malicious than trickstery, and the Red Eagle reminds me a great deal of the warlock class in Hearthstone. The latter is a bit sad for me because I like The Reach, the Reachfolk and their lore a lot and do not perceive them as insatiably and excessively thirsting for power. In regard to the rest I cannot yet make enough connections with the game, or locate them in the narrative architecture. Orgnum however makes me think of pirates and adventure.

What did you think of the rewards you received?

I think it's great to get crafting materials this way. I would like to see fewer foods and drinks of white quality :D It would be great to get like 10-20 mundane runes as often as possible, and the occasional 1 (one) dreugh wax :P style pages and furniture plans are awesome.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I really like the tournament story line and the sense of teamwork it evoked. It's also somehow evocative of the early e-sports tournaments, which would be pretty neat as a take on the heritage of competitive electronic games. It was a bit unusual though, and dissonant, in regard to my experience with ESO to encounter significant saltiness in the (follow-up) dialogues with the most of the defeated NPCs in the quest. Most encounters in PvP contexts for me have been lighthearted and scarcely, if ever, grudgy.
    Options
  • lisaallman
    after the update today, 5/2, the book beginners guide for tot floated in the air and ultimately disappeared ;)
    Options
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read any of the other comments to forgive me if I repeat something someone else already said.

- We should only be required to do the tutorial once. Similar to Cyrodill's tutorial. Once you did with a character, you should be able to skip it. (Yes, technically you can switch to your main toon and do with them. However, I like avoiding load screens)
    - I didn't feel like the tutorial prepares anyone for an actual match. Most of the mechanics I picked up because I watched the stream where two devs played the game. Many mechanics are left untouched. My buddy had tons of questions to me even after doing the tutorial.

- Played Magic the Gathering (1 year), Hearthstone (3 years) and Elder Scrolls Legends (briefly).

Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up playing?
    - As I stated before, I watched the stream so my opinion might be biased. I already started playing with some basic knowledge and by the end of an actual match (not tutorial), I already knew basic mechanics (not considering strategies for each deck).

- How to counter each deck / best deck combinations is taking some time to grasp but it is fun.

- What kept confusing me was a couple bugs on week 1.

- 50/50. I usually queue for PvP matches while I play against NPCs.
    -
    - Yes.

Duke of Crows, Rajhin, Grandmaster Hlalu. IMO it's the most balanced decks and its costs are consistent across all cards.

- Celarus deck is a bit underwhelming. Not many useful cards and the cost is all of the place.
    - Hunding's deck : Warrior Wave and Conquest have the same cost, but the latter has a combo. The cost should be different. No Shira Poet's combo is underwhelming compared to other agents. Maybe raise it to a combo 3 and give more power.
    - Ogrum: Snakeskin Freebooter combo seems a little OP. Aside from this card, the rest of the deck is not that great and not very cost efficient.
    - Rajhin: It seems to have the steepest learning curve but it does pay-off. Very fun deck overall.
    - Saint Pelin: Eh. It does what is suppose to do but not very interesting tbh. It's not bad, it's just not for me. However, if someone is lucky to get one/two Armory cards in the early game will very likely win the match no matter what. It's a bit OP for early game and if Rajhin is not an available patron.
    - Red Eagle needs some tweaks IMO. Yes, it removes cards from my deck, but so does Rahjin and Hllalu's patron power. It filters the tavern, but so does Celarus, and that one does it much better. It feels more like a complement to another deck's strategy rather than basing a strat with this deck. is infested with actions and it only has one good non-contrat action. The only non-contract agent is extremely cost inefficient. Overall, I feel like this is the only deck that doesn't stand on it's own. It's useful to counter Rajhin`s Bewilderments but there isn't much uses besides that. (Maybe I need to play with it more times). I prefer using Hllalu powers to remove cards from my deck.

How did the Patrons feel? Did you find they fit into the game and general flow with their related decks?
    - Most patrons powers are balanced but not sure if they are ''themed" coherently. I would say yes for the majority of patrons.
    - However, Celarus has a `weird` power. Their deck is about 'seeing and altering the future'. But the patrons power is remove an agent (not sure if 4 gold is high enough). Something that would complement this would being able to see the opponent's future (aka their hand) or something of that manner.
    - Duke of Crows have a very interesting power, and fits the character in game. Kinda of paying a toll for the power.
    - If would be interesting to give Hunding's a power that you can choose between two options (much like the rest of the deck)

- More gold maybe?

- It infested with bugs atm. I would considering just fixing those before making significant changes to the game.
    Options
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    Tavern patron's and the hourglass are way too close for someone as clumsy as I am. :shrug:
    Options
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I tried this out on the PTS during the mega outage tonight.

What a hot mess.

Are you trying to confound us into thinking this game isn't stagnating by introducing a complex, messy, and unrewarding gameplay mechanic no one asked for?

This is dead set terrible.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing ES Legends since beta and still do play everyday but I just cant get my head around all the mechanics in this game.

I need time to sit down and go over all the rules, look at the cards and what they provide etc is there a resource that I can view all this? I thought in game there might be a section where you can view all the cards you have collected but I cant find it.

Please help, I really want to understand this but the tutorial does not do a very good job for me.
    Edited by James-Wayne on May 3, 2022 1:08PM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new tapestry furnishings which are available from the tribute match rewards unfortunately don't have textures yet... Or at least the one i found has none.

Serpentguard Rider Tribute Tapestry:
    a56df4e12fb258eaf4d14acc74706de1.png
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a possibly unpopular thought?

Could there be an option to skip the tutorial - for those who have done it several times in Test Tamriel or those completing it perhaps for the umpteenth time with another character?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing ES Legends since beta and still do play everyday but I just cant get my head around all the mechanics in this game.

I need time to sit down and go over all the rules, look at the cards and what they provide etc is there a resource that I can view all this? I thought in game there might be a section where you can view all the cards you have collected but I cant find it.

Please help, I really want to understand this but the tutorial does not do a very good job for me.

As of last week when I was on PTS last, you could find in Collections a section with all the cards you have and are able to look at them. As far as rules, the book on the bar at the game house is the only thing I have found.
    Hope this helps...
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some very good videos out there:

https://youtu.be/2enEYkbetSU

https://youtu.be/15F8hhQy0Bk

This one found these to be much more helpful than the tutorial.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been reported, I didn't have time to peruse the posts. Noticed this today: mislabeled card?611c8beeth2y.jpg
    w1v6w3rwoc1l.jpg
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
    Options
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can take away half of the “draw another card” from the purple crow deck. Nothing less fun than watching some “genius” see how many cards he can flip in the allotted time to generate 2 power.

Not the patrons but the red and orange cards are too similar in shades. Go bluer with the red or yellower with the orange.

Are the agent cards suppose to go in different places after they are knocked out depending on the method and/or the suit?Hard to know what the rules are suppose to be and what are bugs that need fixed.

Options
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to really, really REALLY hate the new feature of "autoplaying" the starting cards from my hand each turn. I have two issues with it, and I really hope you'll take it away and revert it to how it was.

Firstly, I have ADHD. The more clicks I have to do myself, the more engaged I am with an activity. This is incidentally why I absolutely despise fishing in this game, because it's just....click once, then wait some unspecified amount of time, and click again. No actual interaction required, no minigame that you have to think about. By making the game autoplay my cards, you essentially increase the amount of time between my last actual played move and the next one, which means I'm spending more of the match tabbed out of the game, checking discord, checking my emails, etc. Before this change, I was enjoying ToT overall, despite the myriad issues. Now, it feels like I'm barely involved in the moves and I might as well let the AI play the rest of my hand for me as well.

Secondly, I like to play my suits in a specific order that makes logical sense to me. I don't *like* to always just dump all my cards down in one go, especially towards the mid-end game where I want to think about what order I want my combos to trigger. Sometimes it autoplays cards I don't want to play at all that turn. If you really want to help? Organise the cards in my hand by suit, so I have the treasury cards on the left, and then the rest of the cards, by suit, in ascending order from lowest value to highest (perhaps by combo playability).

Don't take away my agency by having the AI play half my hand on my behalf, that's not fun or engaging.

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
    Options
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC, there is a setting in the corner of the concede window to turn on/off auto play. Are you on console and there is no box to click?
    Options
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC, there is a setting in the corner of the concede window to turn on/off auto play. Are you on console and there is no box to click?

I had no idea that was there. Why would they hide it there? Makes zero sense. Thanks for pointing it out!

Options
  • Sea_Wolf
    Sea_Wolf
    Soul Shriven
    I really like it. Gameplay is smooth, you can track what the opponent is doing and even look at all the draw/discard piles. Quests are nice too. I liked the final tournament. Couldn't help laughing at NPCs whose toxicity is in correlation with low play skill - just like humans - where toxicity scales up - skill usually scales down. I also very much like how all the decks are asymmetrically balanced - they allow for very different strategies to be played, but at the same time one deck is not significantly stronger or weaker than the others. And different decks combined offer new possibilies and strategies (e.g. generate a load of gold wit Hlaalu and then flip the Crow patron to make it all into prestige). This makes the game interesting and keeps each game being different. (E.g. with Rajhin, Celarus, Hlaalu and Crows it could become a very interesting race of where to get power because there are pretty much no power cards in the game and patron victory is very difficult to achieve, and both players start accumulating money to flip the Crow patron, thereby giving the opponent the opportunity to flip it too)

I have played Magic the Gathering with a friend - that is the most complex card game I have played. I was totally addicted to Gwent in Witcher 3

I watched the reveal event stream and another youtube video before the game came out on PTS, and I knew from there the concept would be the same as in the game Dominion - to build a good deck and score victory points before other players. I am playing every evening a bit. I have lost count of how many games I played.

The way how different agents work - contract agent, agent with taunt, normal agent.

Combos and that some effects trigger on Combo 3 or Combo 4 and that I need to hover across each card to see which combo it needs to trigger. Visually all the later combos are just a long list along the right side of the card as if they were all Combo 2.

Both.

Once I had looked up it is in Gonfalon, took a bit of riding around, but yes.

Most favourite Sorcerer-King Orgnum, because of the cheap cards and patron mechanic that demands attention whether it is on your side or opponent's side.
    Least favourite - Rajhin, because of purely personal preference. I am not a big fan of control decks that disrupt the opponent. But it should definitely remain in game - it allows for different play strategies.

There seems to be a clear difference indeed in the "value for money" of different cards. Maybe the St Pelin card that costs 7 gold and gives 6 power feels like a victory card for the person who gets it, unless it turns up very late in the game.

They seem a very good addition. Sometimes the patron ability alone justifies having the deck in game, even if the cards are not that great. They are very different to each other and add extra options to the game.

Very happy with all the alchemy and furnishing materials. Quantities seem good too, and feel fitting in relation to time spent on one game. (after the excessive 200 stacks were removed). White foods and drinks are probably redundant - Undaunted already give those and there is not much use for those in the game anyway. Whereas transmutes and materials always find a use. The furniture collection items that are given for advancement in ranks - I like those very much.

The game is awesome. Just as it is with every new thing, it has bugs, but hopefully these get fixed before release. I also liked the original art of the card effects (gain gold, draw card etc) more than the current one which is more plain and less artistic.
    Options
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    New competitive season generates an error message at the end of a game.
    Options
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    White food is not a reward. It is a nuisance that has to be “managed” for inventory by being sold or thrown away.
    Options
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    • What are your thoughts in general regarding the gameplay and quest components?
    So far, it's been fine - I don't have time to complete upgrading rank by doing dailies and such.
    • What is your level of experience with competitive card games?
    I played MTG for several years - didn't like levelled tourneys so just played for fun.
    • Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up playing?
    It probably took four games to really understand sequences.
    • What took the most time for you to understand?
    Agents and Combos.
    • Was anything confusing or unclear while you were playing?
    Agents are not explained at all: you leave out "you can play their effects", "you can trigger their combos" and "you can use your power to knock out their health" from the tutorial in a meaningful way. Combos just took learning to hover of the cards to know not all are "Combo 2". It would be nice if there was some way to indicate the combos needed for each effect to trigger.
    • Did you mainly play against NPCs or other players?
    Played NPCs to get the hang of it - the novices last patch played a little better but still predictable. I played against some friends to test other facets of the game (like Agents) that after several games, Novices wouldn't use.
    • Were you able to easily find the Roister Club and the tutorial quest?
    I had no clue on PTS where to go - I just looked online for a guide and then found Brahgas immediately.
    • What was your favorite and least favorite deck, and why?
    Favorite: Duke of Crows because the playstyle is comfortable and it gets you lots of gold.
    Least: Celarus because I just don't like scrying/moving cards between piles much - it has its use and some may love it though. I have not played with Orgnum yet.
    • Did you feel any cards were too strong or not strong enough?
    The only thing I noticed when looking at cards was that "Legion's Arrival" 3G cost (+2G, C2+2P) is an upgrade from "Reinforcements" 3G cost (+2G, C2+2P, C3+1P), so by upgrading, you lose 1 power for the same cost - why nerf a card that you managed to get upgraded? Are they supposed to be reversed where you start with Legion's Arrival and upgrade to Reinforcements?
    • How did the Patrons feel? Did you find they fit into the game and general flow with their related decks?
    It was very clumsy at first, but over time they became a good part of the strategy - not necessary to win all favor but to use in combination for actions for you or against the opponent. Something to consider, however, is that most of them are "the same exact effect" regardless of favor status. I would think favor should play moreso into how they perform - there are only a couple that reward you to keep favor. Perhaps there should be a penalty (increased cost?) to turn a patron to neutral, and a reduction in cost to activate when favored.
    • What did you think of the rewards you received?
    They didn't seem to matter much but I only got green reward sacks.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

- Peregrin Took giving instructions was mystifying and enjoyable; but we need a "I know how to play already." dialog choice to skip his tutorial and some of the key features of Agents/Combos need to be demonstrated in the tutorial - it shouldn't be left up to content creators to explain the game, only to expand on it with strategy.
    - After killing an agent using Power, it comes back (on the board when played) with 0 health; that is until you activate/hover over it, then it shows you the correct starting health.
    - I thought all PvP was limited to 90 second turns, but it must be only ranked??? It would be nice to see a Timer on screen indicating "Remaining Time" with "Infinite" or a second counter going down.
    - There are some mechanic overlay icons that have flipped between patches and most recently I saw the (+) green plus is no longer on the "gain" cards but a remove has a (-) red minus under the mechanic, instead of at the 9'o'clock position. It looked better there before.
    - The most annoying thing in the game "Begin your turn" - you can't! You have to wait for the opponent's cards to get drawn. That interaction needs to speed up so we can start playing while they draw their five cards. I understand the initial few games will take some looking at the cards to know how to play, but even 90 seconds gives you plenty of time. We shouldn't be frozen waiting while nothing on the board is usable for those 4-5 seconds.

I know you guys are still tweaking stuff with every patch so hopefully you noticed these things.
    Options