The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for Tales of Tribute

• Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your level of experience with competitive card games?
    I've played MTG, a bit of Hearthstone, and some TES legends

Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up playing?
    After watching the stream, I didn't understand it at all. It was somehow made overly complicated, and also too boring for my brain to follow. The tutorial in game did NOT help at all. It felt very much like it was an "'arfur" job, and that no one from Quality Control bothered to check to see if it worked. It took me a further two games to start to get the hang of it. If the tutorial had been done properly, it would have bothered to explain agents and how the Patrons work, and probably would have lasted the amount of time it takes to play a full round, instead of cutting off after a bewilderingly short time. Probably also needs subtitles for accessibility, the scottish accent is not easy for many non-native speakers to understand.

What took the most time for you to understand?
    Agents - I'm still not 100% clear on how best to use them, since the NPCs don't seem to use them at all, so I feel like there's no real counterplay (or point) to them unless you're playing against another player.

Was anything confusing or unclear while you were playing?
    The entire tutorial was confusing, because the NPC's voice did not have any corresponding highlighting of whatever aspect he was talking about. So for instance, when he says "look over here" - I didn't know where to look! The entire tutorial needs to be looked at again, because as it stands, it's not fit for purpose.

Furthermore, because of the way the game has been programmed, it's unclear when your turn actually starts. Although you get the banner text on screen saying you can start your turn, the NPC you play against may still be taking actions. Your turn should only start once the enemy player/NPC animations have actually finished. On the subject of animations being a bit janky and causing problems, it's sometimes unclear whether you've successfully chained a combo or not because suddenly extra cards become highlighted (in addition to whatever moves you can already make) but they're all highlighted in the same colour, so occasionally I've broken a chain by accident because I thought it was prompting me to make certain moves. Overall, could do with some attention to make sure that it's obvious which moves are generally available vs. which moves you can make AFTER you've finished your combo. Perhaps by making those moves only available after the combo is complete, instead of halfway through.

In addition to that, the idea that you have to use your enemy's turn to plan your moves is a bit of a nonsense, because then you can't track what they're doing. Not that it's easy to track what they're doing anyway, because so many of the moves are hidden behind multiple card animations, or occur so quickly (especially in early games) that you can't see what combos or decks they're building up. Instead of having the 90s time limit as a hard cap, I'd much rather be given the option (when casually playing against another player - for instance, a friend who just wants to practice) of setting our own agreed upon time limit. 90s simply isn't long enough when you're new to the game and need to read what all the cards do.

Did you mainly play against NPCs or other players?
    NPCs

Were you able to easily find the Roister Club and the tutorial quest?
    Sort of. I went through the correct gate, and found the quest starting notice attached to a post.

What was your favorite and least favorite deck, and why?
    Favourite - Orgnum. It's the easiest deck to win with, and felt a bit like a monster/summoning deck from MTG. It's also the easiest to get beaten by when playing against AI, because whoever gets to activate it first will generally win. This is not very balanced. I also enjoyed the Hlaalu deck - it felt a bit more balanced and worked well with other decks. Duke of crows was also quite enjoyable, but the patron for the deck feels a bit underpowered. I haven't used much of the others, since the AI always picks the same decks (usually the first two).

Did you feel any cards were too strong or not strong enough?
    I didn't get any real "EZ mode" vibes from any specific cards. The patron Celarus seems a bit pointless. If his deck is drawn then you know there's no point whatsoever in going for a Patron victory, because the AI doesn't use agents, so you can never trigger his condition.

How did the Patrons feel? Did you find they fit into the game and general flow with their related decks?
    No comment, see above. I haven't used the other three yet. For Rajhin, it's unclear to me what a "bewilderment" card does. This is not explained anywhere. What would be the point of removing your own agents from play, since none of them have a condition that provides further actions on their removal (that I've noticed anyway).

What did you think of the rewards you received?
    A bit bizarre. Some of the loot boxes contained stacks of 200 purple upgrade mats, while others contained 10 logs. All of them contained junk potions and food that aren't even level scaled to your character. I'd rather skip the potions and food/drink entirely, and just have extra gold to save me the trouble of vendoring them. Occasionally I got random furnishing patterns, which were fine, but I'd rather have gotten High Isle specific ones instead of generic/base-game ones - or even furnishing items. As it stands, I won't be doing TOT for the reward boxes :P

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Some of the achievements are not tracking/updating correctly. E.g., "coin withdrawal" (I've been using that heavily, but still shows as 0 times used), "tales of travel" (showed that I'd completed Eastmarch when I had only just done the tutorial).

Kishka talks way too fast - it's a bit weird that she has no pauses at all between sentences, as though any natural pauses have been edited out.

Sorinne's animations are a bit janky when you talk to her. She'll suddenly switch from being in the middle of one animation, to starting another, which means she suddenly teleports between the two. Very weird.

The win condition of get to 40 prestige doesn't seem to trigger the actual winning of the game. More than once I've got to, or surpassed, 40 prestige and the enemy has still taken another turn before the game ends and tells me I've won. Once, I got to 40 and it was until I played the next turn and went over 40 that the game ended.

What are your thoughts in general regarding the gameplay and quest components?
    I think it has potential, but it needs a lot of tightening up and polishing. I don't know where to find the page to track my progress (if there is one) or leaderboard position. If there isn't one, I'd like to be able to view my stats vs my opponent, typical cards played, number of combos, etc. For the last game, and in total for the season. I'd also like to be able to spectate other peoples' matches.

The intro quest needs to allow the player to play more than one full game on their own, especially with a tutorial that's so short. It seems to take a few games before you can really grasp what's happening.

There needs to be some sort of marker, or other way to find the random NPC players you can battle in the world.

Overall, the games feel quite slow and sluggish - the opponents animations (vs NPCs) are simultaneously too cumbersome, and too fast to be of any use in figuring out their strategy. I'd rather have the card drawing animations skipped (instead of showing the cards being dealt) in favour of a bit more time to see what cards the opponent is playing. Especially in timed matches where you're meant to be planning ahead.

PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- The tutorial needs to have a skip when you do it on alts. it is TOO LONG the 2nd and 3rd time
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • skayl
    skayl
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed Tales of Tribute a lot! After a rough start, I feel much better about my ability to play and think that I'll likely play matches on live once this feature releases.

I've played other deck-building games in the past, as well as several TCGs and CCGs.

Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up playing?
    The tutorial was not helpful at all. I'd like to echo a number of concerns expressed earlier in the thread: lack of subtitles, heavy voice acting accents, and lack of highlighting of the actions we're intended to take made it very confusing. I would not have completed the tutorial if it were not mandatory to receive my decks. At one point I was so badly stuck that I had to message a few guildmates and friends to see how I could advance the tutorial. The 'How to Play' lorebook on the table in the club was also not helpful at all. I further wasn't able to watch the preview stream, and so I truly had no idea how play would work going onto the PTS. After my fourth game is when I think I really started understanding what to do and having fun.

It took me the most time to understand what the gold, power, and prestige markers were. I had figured out gold, but I really was lost on why some of them were ticking down and others weren't. It was a complete mess for me in the first round after the tutorial.

I strongly felt that it was unclear which cards you had highlighted or selected when you were taking actions to remove cards or take cards from the tavern. There were multiple times I dismissed the wrong cards or took cards I didn't want because I thought that I had had a different one highlighted--it's just not anywhere near obvious enough.

I played NPCs until I felt like I knew what I was doing, then played with players through the random queue. The NPCs were okay, but I was frustrated that they never seemed to play agent cards? This made it impossible to gain the favor of Psijic Loremaster Celarus. Hopefully this is not their actual behavior, and instead just a result of small sample size or being stuck on the 'Novice" level matches. (Speaking of which, if there was supposed to be a way to unlock the higher level computer matches 'early' then it was not well explained at all)

Yes! I grabbed the starter brochure off of a lamp post and then followed map markers to the club.

My favorite decks were the Duke of Crows and Grandmaster Delmene Hlaalu. I enjoyed the power that the Duke of Crows deck gave in allowing you to amass gold and continuously draw cards from your pile, allowing you to have really powerful turns by the end of the match. I loved how the Hlaalu deck allowed you to generate gold and the leaning into 'take a card with up to x value from the tavern' mechanics could also allow you to take powerful turns once you had set up your deck correctly. The Saint Pelin Deck is fine, no complaints there, it worked well enough when I leaned into it, strategy wise, but it's not the kind of playstyle I resonate with. The worst deck was Psijic Loremaster Celarus--I felt that the powers it gave were too weak to really make an inpact. This is strange because as a patron, Celarus is a fantastic way to control enemy agents! So it was a strange situation of bad deck, good patron.

I'd need to keep playing to see more, but in general the Psijic Loremaster Celarus deck felt the weakest to me. It might help me to see it played by someone who feels it's strong so that I can see what they do differently.

How did the Patrons feel? Did you find they fit into the game and general flow with their related decks?
    Though I did attempt to play toward an end of an 'all patrons favor you' win condition a few times, I found this to ultimately not be a very good strategy. The real power with the patrons came in using their interactions, and I enjoyed that a lot! Purchasing expensive cards to sacrifice and gain prestige, waiting to use the Duke of Crows until a turn where I had a tremendous amount of gold, these were very fun things to do!

The rewards were fine. The furnishing mats will be much appreciated, and Unrefined crafting materials are good too. There seemed to be a bug that would award 200 of a temper in some of the coffers (I got 200 turpen in one). The potions were less helpful... there seemed to be a bug where I got low level potions despite being on a high level character with max alchemy. Additionally, essence of magicka, stamina, and health 'trash' potions are incredibly cheap and often inventory clutter for players. If the coffers could award Alliance Spell or Battle Draughts like the Dark Brotherhood's 'Shadowy Supplier,' these potions would be much more useful. I was also concerned about the scale of the rewards. Many of my games took 20-30 minutes and I often only received something along the lines of 5 essence runestones, 10 raw ruby ash, 5 clean pelt, 210 gold, and 3 trash potions.

Though some of my feedback was negative, I'm actually very excited for this game to hit live and think that the team did a great job! I can't wait to see more and challenge more competitors.
    PC/NA - cp2000+
  • Silverlotus
    Silverlotus
    ✭✭
    - What are your thoughts in general regarding the gameplay and quest components?

I think the gameplay is a little bit slow. I believe the games I played all took about 20 minutes, which feels like a bit more commitment than I would likely give on an average day of playing ESO. Perhaps if the win condition was dropped to 30 points that games would go a little more quickly?

- What is your level of experience with competitive card games?

I'd say I'm an enthusiastic novice. I've played several, and some are amongst my favourite games to play with my family. But I never got into the big name card games.

- Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up playing?

I picked it up pretty quickly from the tutorial, although I am still a bit unsure how agents work. I've played the tutorial plus three other matches, although my first non-tutorial match had to be conceded since the NPC wouldn't end their turn at one point.

- What took the most time for you to understand?

I'm still not totally sure how agents work.

- Was anything confusing or unclear while you were playing?

Agents. I'd also love to see agent and contract cards look a bit more special or something from standard cards.

- Did you mainly play against NPCs or other players?

NPCs only.

- Were you able to easily find the Roister Club and the tutorial quest?

It was a little hard to find the NPC outside the club (this may be cause I came into the zone via the new big house). But after that it was fine. However, the third time you are supposed to find him, when he is out on the terrace, the quest pointer pointed me to his original spot outside and didn't update to the terrace until I was almost there. It was confusing.

- What was your favorite and least favorite deck, and why?

I like Duke of Crows the best because of the actions of the cards and maybe because it is purple. But, so far, there are no decks I don't care for. They seem pretty well balance.

- Did you feel any cards were too strong or not strong enough?

The cards that cost 10 coins are pretty hard to get.

- How did the Patrons feel? Did you find they fit into the game and general flow with their related decks?

They fit in pretty well, but I never really thought to use them once I turned their favour to me. It almost seems like a waste of power/coin. Maybe that is a more advanced strategy though, and I'm just not skilled enough yet.

- What did you think of the rewards you received?

The loot box rewards are pretty underwhelming. I got low level healing potions and low level food recipes I already have.

- Do you have any other general feedback?

The tutorial is more confusing than it needs to be. The NPC talks about things, but they aren't always highlighted. Like when he tells you to buy a particular card first, but it isn't highlighted until you play the gold cards. He should specify that you need to play the gold cards first and then buy the card. The tutorial needs to be written like the player has no idea what is going on, which they don't. Also, it should be skip-able by each additional player character after the first one completes it. I'm not going to enjoy doing it again and again and again.
  • Jeirno
    Jeirno
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have played the game for multiple hours and for around ~80 games, tried doing a 50/50 split between NPC and Player games. I have some complaints, especially about rewards. But overall I think the game is fun.

Gameplay overall is interesting and engaging, but i do have a huge problem with animations taking long, actions having very vague visuals, not being able to see what exactly your opponent is doing, what cards they are playing, they just go by so fast and you can't check them during their turn from their piles etc.

I have played Hearthstone a lot, from launch until 2018, and the revisited the game when BG game mode came out for it. Played TES Legends for a few years

The very basics I had down quite quickly, took me a couple games to figure out Combos, how to proc them, how the different card types work. Around tutorial+3 games to understand the very basics.

What took longer was that you can activate agents again when they are in play and that you can use power to deal damage to agents, I think would need more visuals that tell you what you are doing instead of accidentally clicking on an enemy agent and then realizing 30 seconds after what you just did. Some decks power potential took a few games to understand, for example Celarus. Understanding the value of some cards also took a while, but that is tied to game knowledge.

Hands down most confusing thing while playing was "What is my opponent doing" , "What was that card that they just played"

I've played around 40 games each against both NPC and Players.

This was easy to find.

Duke of Crows is my favourite, I like combos, who doesn't?

At the start I disliked Celarus the most since the cards have a lot of effects that you read to understand what they do, and the reading and the actions take a big chunk out of your turn time, which resulted in my turns ending before I could play all my cards, and complete all my actions.

Red Eagle is my least favourite after ~10 total games with it, sometimes you end up helping your opponent too much if you decide to use the effects of these cards. and the basic effects don't really give you much in terms of advantage against your opponent

Some of the Delmene Hlaalu cards give too much gold in my opinion, it basically snowballs really good with Duke of Crows and you can gain up to 50 prestige during 1 turn with the Duke Of Crows patron ability, although very rare and does require a bit of luck.

Lore master Celarys cards feel the weakest overall, they can be good if doing good combos and calculating a turn or two ahead, but as they are themselves they don't do much.

They do, patron victory is really hard to achieve, think I've reached it only twice but that was against NPCs who totally ignored their existence and just let me win by using them.

Some of the rewards are fine, like the materials you get, especially alchemy mats. I haven't received Transmute stones at all so far. The food buff rewards and "trash" potions are useless and pointless, anyone who has played the game for more than a week probably knows there are better food buff options, they are just a waste of space that you sell to a merchant for a few gold, the trash potions are fine for newer players I guess, the gold rewards are way too low. The recipes and furnishing plans are fine, but nothing that makes me excited as most of them seemed to be base game ones that I and many others would already have on Live servers, treasure maps are fine, but can't stack them so creates a small issue with duplicates.

Overall the Rewards do not feel rewarding for spending 15-20min per game, if I wanted materials I would get more than triple the amount by farming mats for the same amount of time, with the possibility of better rewards, If I wanted gold, I would pickpocket 1 NPC and get more gold than you get from playing 15-20min match of Tribute. and once again the food buffs are just useless.

I feel like the early game takes too long and is pretty much always the same, mid game and late game is where the game is really played. There should be big indication telling you that you have to match your or exceed your opponents prestige when it reaches 40 IMO. Rewards should be way better considering how much time you spend playing a single game and early game should be sped up, which would also result in shorter games which seems to be what most people want, me included.
    Edited by Jeirno on April 19, 2022 3:54PM
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gameplay was fine, but honestly a game of ToT takes too long. The target should be 10 minutes, but a real game takes more like 20 minutes. I can't see myself playing it very much at 20 minutes a game.

Very experienced. Played MTG and Hearthstone for years. Also a big Dominion fan.

Concept ended up being way easier than I thought. The livestream presentation of it was terrible, but after sitting through the tutorial and playing a game it made sense. The tutorial was bugged, so that made it harder. Submitted a /bug for that though.

Agents should be clearly marked. As of now they don't stand out. Nor are they clearly explained.

Absolutely laughable. It felt like a cheapened version of Rewards for the Worthy. If I am going to spend 20 minutes on an activity in game for such a low level of reward I suppose I would rather do a BG.

Like I said, I think the games take way too long for a "game within a game." I know it is way too late already for an overhaul, but something like a speed mode would be good. Timer is set at 15 seconds per turn instead of whatever insanely long time it is set at now.

Or speed up the animations. I don't know if that is the answer either though. The whole game just feels slow.

The only way I can see this being popular amongst a lot of people is if it were something that could be done while waiting for your other activity. But 15-20 minutes a game is not something that you do while waiting for a queue to pop or something. I am already dreading the weekly endeavor of "play 10 games of ToT."

Also would love the animations to feel impactful. I know it is supposed to simulate sitting at a table playing cards, but it just doesn't feel exciting.

I say all this from someone who actually likes competitive card games. ToT feels very "okay." I would give it a 5/10. I would play it if my friends were into it and wanted to play, but I would personally rather play a better card game. Sadly I don't think the design team managed to capture the magic of Triple Triad or Gwent. So we are left with a game that is alright, but the entire time I guess I would rather just be playing something else.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on April 19, 2022 4:01PM
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    This tutorial is a bit obscure. Honestly if I hadn't watched the ESO Live, I'd be a bit lost.

There are a lot of times the tutorial guy (who should be a Reachman and not a Bosmer based on his name and accent) will try to talk you through something, but only after he gets through his dialogue does the highlight show up. You don't know where to look until he's finished talking. For Example, he mentions "Now look over here," when he introduces Patrons and absolutely nothing's highlighted. Then he talks about how to gain favor with them, but I'd still be wondering where I'm supposed to look until he finally highlights one of them after he says to buy their favor.

Also right at the beginning, I don't even put my gold down and he's telling me what I can buy. Of course the card he tells me to buy isn't highlighted until I put my cards down, which is well after he finished talking.

He also talks about how we need 40 Prestige, and then he comes in after a few turns with "Welp, based on your Prestige, we're almost done!" and I'm like "I only have 4..." Only then does he tell me we're playing an abbreviated game for lower prestige (but not telling me we're going to 10, so I have no idea what the limit is). That also leads to more confusion, since that implies that we could make custom games with different amounts of Prestige as the win condition...

Have to agree with this. Even after watching the stream, I am utterly confused on how to play because there are no interaction highlights, no indicators that show me what I am supposed to be clicking on. His accent was poor choice for a new system like this as well, imo. I have no idea how to play after abandoning the quest multiple times to start over. I can follow other board games, card games in other video games, but this is just such a poorly done tutorial that has left me pretty frustrated.
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    I received a clue in one of my reward coffers. Tracked it down, picked up the item (it consumed the clue, as indicated) but there's no indication anywhere as to what I picked up. It didn't show on my loot log. It didn't pop up anywhere on my screen. And there's no 'new item' icon on any of the cards in the collection tab. It would be nice to have any or all of those happen.
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I've played a bit more and it has become clearer. I also redid the tutorial and realised there was some waffle at the end about combos, which I missed first time. I am British, but still find the mix of the character's Scottish accent and the music hard to follow, so it must be horrid for those who are not native English (scottish!?) speakers.

One of the questions is 'Did you feel any cards were too strong or not strong enough?'. IMO the red cards e.g. rally (I think) which give 5/6/7 etc power of overpowered, as playing a couple of those and your or your opponent just streak ahead to 40 in a few turns. They are also quite cheap, especially in comparison with other cards that do much less. I guess this speeds up the game, but it means that if you are not the one with these cards then you have no easy way to catch up.
    PC-EU.
  • Beekeeper1
    Beekeeper1
    ✭✭✭
    I really want for your card game to be successful. It won't be if you don't do some changes. (God I hope you read this)
    1) The current tutorial is horrible in so many ways. Hire a professional educator who does tutorials and get one done before launch. If not remember first impressions are lasting impressions and the current tutorial is soooooo lacking. It doesn't prepare the player to understand the game. Unless of course the player has played similar games or happens to be one the developers who coded the game and then did a tutorial to explain it.
    2) You have to clean up the bugs. The first time I played it the "end turn" icon didnt work. Regardless of how many times for where I clik'd I had to forfeit to move on to the next game.
    3) About the 3rd time I played it and won with 47 the game just stopped, yes my turn was over and the npc played but that is where the game stopped again I had to forfeit to move on.

Most important for you guys, perception is reality and first impressions are lasting impressions can't emphasize this sufficiently, your game if perceived poorly will cause it to fail in the community before being given a chance to succeed.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    A: The game is quite fun to be honest! And being able to duel people across Tamriel just makes exploring even more fun. I def wish a game like this existed sooner in ESO.

A: Some TES:Legends & Magic TG

A: It took me a while, half a dozen games maybe? The tutorial being fully voiced, whilst immersive, isn't very helpful at times. Some on screen text would benefit it plenty!

A: Agents are confusing and weren't really explained. I also didn't realize you have to tap a Patron to use them after they favour you, or that using their favour ability costs a Patron usage.

A: See previous answer!

A: Mostly players! I don't want to grind on PTS beforehand haha.

A: The Roister Club should 100% have a icon on the map. It was hard to find.

A: Celarus/Psijiic deck feels a bit unfun at times considering they can easily take an agent out of play, but I'm sure that's just a matter of strategy. Most fun is Maormer deck as combos are interesting to pull off. Most effective is the Yokudan deck though, as even without combos the cards are super strong!

A: Previous answer: Yokudan cards, even when not combo'd, generate a lot of power and are easy to pull off. I do however think the Reach deck agents could use a buff, as their play power being "remove one of your own cards" doesn't seem very helpful most of the time when compared to gold or power.

A: The Patrons all felt unique and fun to use, but Duke of Crows not having a Favour power is underwhelming.

A: They should be elaborated and perhaps curated even, and just like daily dungeons should also give you a X amount of transmute crystals for the first daily done.

A: The animations are EXTREMELY slow and unresponsive. They can make the game a drag sometimes despite the core idea being incredibly fun. Fix this and it'll be great.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TLDR Main Points (played 3 npcs, about 20 players):
    • This is better than it looks, people need to get their hands on it to get a better idea of how it plays.
    • LFG system works well, happy to see unranked and ranked mode. You need to apply this mentality to Battlegrounds, introduce unique timed mini events instead of waiting for 2 big events every year.
    • Update the tutorial, explain strategy's like combo's and card types better.
    • Make animations and actions snappier. Playing cards and waiting around takes too long. Needs animation cancelling or allow us to queue actions better.
    • The visual and sound design is non existant, there is no "fireworks", it feels bland.
    • Your played cards need to be more obvious, spread them out on the field nistead of stacking them so we can understand what our oponent is doing visually instead of having to do mental gymnastics.
    • Patron victories aren't enjoyable. Easy to deny, punishing when you make a mistake. Either update the visual queues or remove the win state entirely for higher pro's and con's based on favour to make them more impactful for someone with more favour beyond getting them a win state because the oponent made a tiny mistake 1 turn.
    • Spectate option, don't instance our characters, put them at a table or something for people to interact with.
    • Upgrading cards, guild rank, rewards.. What are they and where to find them?
    • Let us customize our patron decks, there is no theory crafting, everyone has the same cards once they're unlocked.

Opinion on this as a Chapter Mechanic:

I'll start by saying, I was not happy that this is the 3rd year in a row that we've gotten a new mechanic to the game that is based on another mini game. I know casuals are a thing, but even they come here for combat as this is an MMO. Mini games like this, companions and scrying should of never been the primary new mechanics of the chapters that only appeal to small niches of the community.

These mechanics would be more universally approved if they were coupled with something related more to combat that can appeal to the entire playerbase. Your most well received chapters all did this. I've seen more and more people wait for sales on your chapters or an entire year for them to go to ESO +. For example, Blackwood, what would a PVPer need from that if they don't quest or do trials. Overland and Crafted gear are available for everyone. The new mechanic is companions which don't do anything for PVP. You've missed out on entire communities purchase because you aimed at a specific group of people instead of something available to every playstyle.

The bottom line is revenue at the end of the day, it helps the game thrive for future updates to come, regardless of my opinions, it's objectively better to think about the collective of the game when it comes to new mechanics as it would increase your full price sales of the chapters.

Morrowind = Wardens + Battlegrounds
    Summerset = Psijic Order + Jewelry Crafting
    Elsweyr = Necromancer + Dragons

Greymoor = Scrying
    Blackwood = Companions
    High Isle = Tales of Tribute

My Experience with it on PTS (more detail from TLDR):

This is actually much more fun once you get your hands on it. Despite my dissapointment, I always give the Chapter a chance and try to keep an open mind. We can't change what we're getting for now. I'm pretty impartial to card games in general, but I have had my time enjoying Hearthstone and Gwent in the past.

Pro's:
    • More fun to play than just watch. I found myself kind of addicted for the afternoon on PTS challenging anyone I could.
    • Looking for group system is fantastic, the fact that you have a ranked mode that looks like it will have seasons or events gets me excited for climbing the learderboards. You should really add this mentality to Battlegrounds to make custom events and modes instead of waiting for 2 events every year that apply to all pvp modes.
    • The patrons and their decks have clearly defined synergy's that are pretty fun to play off of. I like Purple for drawing a ton of cards and building up money that you can then turn into power. Red for agents and high power return combo's with lots of negating of the enemy's power exchange due to taunts.
    • Despite mixing decks together, the tavern offers a unique way to build the deck the way you want. I don't entirely agree with some complaints here that it's too RNG dependant, your strategy changes as you go and what your oponent does, you can aim for specific builds pretty easily. If you buy every card you see, you're diluting your deck.. this is where the black deck is unique in that you can completely remove cards like gold, allowing you to basically play the same 5-10 cards over and over of the same suit. Black + Red is a crazy combo forcing your opponent to constantly attack the same taunted agents while you rack in power every draw since you guarantee red to show up.

Cons:
    • Tutorial: Needs lots of work, this is where you're going to hook people who are on the fence, if you don't get them to understand whats going on, they'll give up and move on.
    • Agents, Actions and Contracts are not explained at all or nearly enough when they're actually pretty simple. There is 2 base cards, agents or actions, therse cards you play and will get shuffled into your cooldown. Contracts are modified versions of those cards that make them 1 time use.
    • Agents: At no point do you tell the player why they're important. You want to kill them as soon as you can because if they remain alive on the field, you can use their effects again as if you played them for the first time.
    • Combo's: Not explained enough. Playing 2 cards of the same suit is easy to understand, but you don't tell the player that it's not dependant on the order in which you play your cards. For about 5 games I thought combo's didn't apply to my played pile and only to the card I was playing. The order doesn't matter and every card will get their bonus when the condition is met, including agents on the field from previous turns. This is huge and has allowed me to win a lot of games against people who had no idea this was a thing when it's extremely important to the strategy of the game.
    • Animations: They are WAY too long and locked off. Take a page from your own book, animation cancelling creates snappy and responsive gameplay. I shouldn't have to wait for the animation of playing a card to finish before I can play my next card. Nor should I need to wait for my oponent to get their entire hand when the game says it's my turn, locking me off from doing anything. Matches times could be reduced in half if animations weren't in the way here, it makes things very tedious.
    • Visuals: The card designs are okay, the style fits ESO, being hand drawn 6 sided cards.. but it's very stale and bland. There is no effects at all. No glowing cards, no animations on the cards themselves, even the expensive 7-9 cost cards have nothing BAM about them. Thats a big missed opportunity. In Hearthstone, cards like that would rock the field when they were played.
    • Sound: Non existent. I felt more excited for the tutorial because the NPC was talking with me than I did playing regular games. None of the actions or agents say anything. You really should of had at least the agents voice acted. There is nothing to make me feel like the cards or the person I'm fighting are alive which makes the game feel more like I'm doing work on excel spreadsheets, rather than an exciting card game.
    • Design: It's next to impossible to tell how much time you have left or how much time has passed. I've gotten distracted and didn't realize it was my turn, there should be some type of obvious glow on your side of the table or a legit timer instead of an hourglass that doesn't drop sand until the last 15s (had to time it with a stop watch).
    • Opponent: You should spread out the cards that are played in a fan of 3-4 (before they reach cooldown) that cycles as more cards are played instead of stacking them in a singular pile. It's 1 thing to acknowledge what they're playing in your mind, it's another to have time to see them layed out and understand what their combo was. I will go through an entire match not realizing what combo's or suits my opopnent is aiming for and it makes me feel really disconnected from them, like I'm only really playing with myself. Not only would it make things more visually appealing and easier for casuals players to see what is happening, it would make me appreciate their combo's more. It's a good feeling when you're playing a ton of cards and combo's, but it doesn't translate to the other person very well and most likely goes right over their head, it feels very hidden. I could play 7 purple cards in a row with the combo's, all they're watching is what I buy from the Tavern or what the power/prestige is at the end of my turn.
    • Patron's: Losing to a patron victory feels very unrewarding and unearned. My favourite matches were ones where we fought over the final 40 points, back and forth - I really love this mechanic of getting a last shot to match their prestige. The idea of patron effects are really cool, but losing to that because you missed an animation or sound effect is really anti climatic. The issue is 2 fold. They're very easy to deny a victory to someone who is aiming for that, I've spent entire games with 3/4 patrons unfavourable and would just turn 1 to favourable on my turn knowing that they can't do a double patron turn without the specific contracted card. With no real punishment for being unfavourable for most patrons and only a few cards giving bonus effects for favour to your enemy, it gives me no reason to spam them each turn. I just keep my oponenet from getting an easy win with them and focus on prestige, they end up wasting a lot of resources aiming for patron victories.
    • Rewards: These seem to be bugged so hard to say, I've gotten level 2 health potions and 200 gold mats. 58 gold. Prophet blue gear. Hard to make a call here, but so far very dissapointing if some of these are the plan..
    • Upgrades: No tutorial on this, still have no idea where I can do it or if it's just done automatically. Theres no menu to do it, so I'm guessing it happens from ranking up that guild.. but do I need to play with those specific decks or is it all my cards? You haven't done this in an intuitive way.
    • Guild Rank: Not explained, have no idea where I can find what rank I am, what ranks there are, what rewards there are for improving, what the rank even means. I wish there was a skill line for this, would be way more simple.
    • Community: This would be a lot more enjoyable if you could spectate people playing like duels, entire communities would make tournaments if you could do this. Instead your characters are removed into the void, instanced a way, except... I can still see visual screenshake which tells me other people are near me in the world, I'm just invisible to them.
    • Theory Crafting: Non existent. The 8 patron decks are the same for everyone in the game, there is no customization, it just comes down to in match deck building and thats a big dissapointment. This is an MMORPG, we can all agree we love to theory craft and customize, whether it's houses, our outfits, our sets or our skills, that is why we're all here. How does a deck building game not have deck building?
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 21, 2022 9:46AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does fit into the world, but i wasn't wow'd by the game tbh

Very little, never really thrilled me

Played 5 games so far, still dont get it

Still dont fully understand it

Most of it

Just NPC's so far, was no one else around wanting to do it

Yes very easy

Like the sea elf one, as was a little bit of an insight into more of that lore

Didn't really get anough game play to fully comment on that

Cool idea but think its very distracting

Not very rewarding at all, they need to be uppd

It needs to be quicker and more simple, this was/is going to be a small neash thing that most of the players wont spend a great deal of time on, most are here for combat, (not all or everyone but most). However having mini games in the taverns is cool tho!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • thiste
    thiste
    ✭✭✭
    Bug report: I never played an online card game, I have zero clue whatsoever what this game is about or how it is played. I just started the tutorial with Bragas, first game, and every time he says anything, the sound is cut mid sentence so I cannot understand anything about this game.

I literally touch zero keys, I let it play and every time, the sound cuts before I can understand anything about the game... very frustrating.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quests seemed to be roughly what I expected. The gameplay was less casual than I expected. Personally, I don't see myself doing much more of it unless it's got exclusive rewards that I want as I play video games to relax primarily and the game isn't relaxing for me.

Very limited. I've only played casual card games for the most part like Spades.

I'm not sure I fully have it. I played the initial games for the quest. Then did the beat three AI quest then I beat another player. The player I beat had several decks that didn't have which lead to me running out of time at one point because I wasn't familiar with the cards that I was playing with.

The interactions between cards.

I found it hard to tell how much time I had left.

I found it hard to tell the cards the other party was playing.

I played primarily against NPCs. I did one match vs a player.

I didn't find the quest immediately but I did find it the next day when I put a little effort in. A few people asked on zone chat where the quest was.

I preferred the red deck as it provided clear progress. I lost both matches that I didn't focus on red vs the AI. I'm assuming as you get better at the game and combos the other sets get more competitive. I found the blue deck to be my least productive but, I think that may have been just unproductive because I was bad at it.

I didn't play enough matches to comment very well on balance.

The AI's use of the cards prevented a Patron based victory with the decks I had available. In my game with the player the game was decided by the patrons as I got three facing my way early on which forced the other player to hit a patron every turn which enabled me to use the Duke of Crows multiple times which got me lots of prestige fast.

I assume the 200x reward was a bug.

I don't really like getting food/drink items as a quest reward. They tend to be worse than the food or drink you can get for cheap crafted by other players let alone the good stuff and it's a hassle to throw them on the ground.

I don't use ESO Plus so getting lots of materials means either throwing it out, dedicating a character to play cards on, or making lots of trips to the bank.

From a gold value perspective, the rewards are good but, the stuff I got wasn't unique enough that I'd choose it over another activity.

The cards are hard to read in window mode. It's probably less of a problem in the long term play when you just go off of the visuals but, early on it's a pain.

• BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that there are two furnishings available through Tales of Tribute achievement completion (and a houseguest, but that's not relevant to my comment)

Tales of Tribute Decks, Display
    Tales of Tribute Table, Display

I was sad that see that these (especially the table) are granted upon achievement completion rather than being available from an achievement vendor. I understand that High Isle needed a collection special furnishing (like the Blackwood tapestry, Solitude music box, Elsweyr singing wall, etc) but the table at least seems like it would be better suited to an achievement vendor. It's such a nice table, I would love the option of putting more than one in a house.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, I'm already addicted. I'm surprised.

The tutorial might not have been perfect due to reasons already described by others, but, having zero experience with card games outside of attempting Legends, never remotely understanding how to play it, and quitting as a result, after the tutorial for Tales of Tribute, I felt like I had enough overall comprehension to play more hands somewhat confidently. And, to spend nearly the rest of the day playing hand after hand. I didn't want to stop, so that was awesome and unexpected.

Tutorial needs to mention the agents though. They're odd and confusing without more information.

Um, so, the rewards weren't all bad, was getting a few random blue and purple furnishing recipes, which are always great. However, no one likes the filler items (white food and low level pots). They just make you sad when you see them, almost tarnishing everything else in the container just by their mere presence. No more of those, please.

Also, I could see that there was a possible reward path that wasn't being shown yet? Not sure. Seems like there's more to it, with the rankings or what have you, but it's not in the game yet.

About that.

Just.

I need that card table.

I need. That card table.

I need the card table.

To be clear, I don't care about anything else. Just find a way to give me the card table? For my home.

Also, they've been set up in Taverns all across Tamriel and it's absolutely adorable.

Only thing I wish was different is that I wish I could sit in a chair at one of these tables and start the match that way, either by interacting with the table or speaking with the NPC across from me. Doing it while sitting would just be so much more immersive.

That's all :relieved:
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *is team Saint Pelin

I cannot snatch that armory card up fast enough.

It's tough wanting to clear the board of cards that are not Pelin but knowing that if you do, your opponent will pick them up.

So there is a lot of back-and-forth Patron smashing to turn your gold into power instead of changing out the cards, lol.

Just below novices bein' below novices ;)

Hmm, but Crows are pretty cool too, lots of gold/power combos.

Psijic are 5D chess in comparison. I don't. Even. Just... no. :/

• RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the tutorial three times and still have not made it to the second turn. Very confusing and disappointing. I am now regretting buying the chapter.
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    Just a small general feedback that came to mind after the first games (i went straight to playing agsinst other players using the search.

A more dominant indicator for how much time you got left dor a turn would be nice, this sqndglass js jhstnot precise enough (btw I was playing without sound)

It would be nice to be able to see the cards your opponent played in detail later on. The ui currently offers the name, so if you dont know every card by hard that doesnt do you any good at all. Especially with the more complex cards with multiple options or combos and if the oppnent plays their cards in rapid succession.

At last, i feel the game sometimes takes to long. It would be nice to have something like a second game mode wjth changes victory settings to allow for a quick round when waiting for somebody to run dungoens or show up for a raid. I feel such s gsme would be perfect for those situations, where you currently just jump over rocks or stand at the entrance area of a trial (would be nice to be able to use the game there btw so you dont need to travel skmewhere else), but it is simply to lomg to be used in those situations..... OR add the functiin to save a game whe playing against a friend so it can be continued at a later point in time. This would make this game also viable while beeing in queue for pvp, bg or a dungeon.

• SteamKitten01
    SteamKitten01
    ✭✭✭
    When playing against NPCs, there's too much time spent on card flipping animations and not enough time showing the actual cards. In my first several games I had a hard time telling what my opponent was doing as I'd see the opponent play a card and before I could take the time to figure out what that card did, the NPC was playing their next card and I had no way to track what they may have done in a round.

A good bit. I like deckbuilders and own several.

So far I've probably played around a dozen games against NPCs. I have a basic grasp on the game but I'm still learning. It took me several games to realize that some cards are one time use and don't go into your deck and I'm not sure I understand all the agent counterplay since none of the NPCs I've encountered so far have used them.

See my answer above. It took a long time for me to understand that some cards were single-use. I'm also not completely clear on when you get the agent combos since it seems like sometimes you get a combo from an agent and sometimes their 2 combo abilities don't work when you play other cards of their color.

See above. Still not clear on some of the details with how agents work.

NPCs. I wanted to have a grasp of the game before trying against other players

Yes

I haven't unlocked all the decks yet and haven't played enough to have a favorite/least favorite

Yes. Some of the gold cards felt OP as they give you huge amounts of purchasing power and control over the tavern. Once I would get one card that gave +6 gold, it was a very short time before I would be at 10+ gold to spend almost every round.

Patrons felt ok once I got the hang of how to use them, though I have yet to be able to use the one that damages enemy agents since none of the NPCs played any

Rewards so far have seemed a bit meh. I haven't received anything that has excited me or made me want to play for the rewards. I did get one "map" to a new card but after reading the poem, I don't even have the faintest clue where to start looking and if they're all this obscure, I probably won't bother trying to find them. At least with normal treasure maps, you can see something riding around and think that it looks like the image on the map.
    SteamKitten01- GM of The Traveling Torchbug (PC/NA)
  • Robilutus
    Robilutus
    Soul Shriven

I think the quest and progression are fine. I'm not sure how the tournaments work though. Can you fail them and then not
    advance? I think it would be cool if during the tournaments if you lost too many games you lost a little progression and then
    had to build back up to the tournament again.
    I beat the first two competitors and then lost to the Tribute Club leader, and
    there were no repercussions. I just faced him again and won. I think losses in the tournaments should take away a bit of
    progression.

I have never played any before.

Approximately how long did it take for you to grasp the concept of Tribute? How long, or how many games, did you end up
    playing?

Maybe half an hour. There are still some aspects I haven't fully grasped but I felt that after about 10 games I had a pretty
    basic understanding of most of the concepts.

Agents probably, and combos. Agents became a bit clearer when i realised the interactions they had with power, but the
    ability to remove them by using power wasn't really explained.
    Combos are probably the most confusing part of the game, and this is problematic because they are clearly the most
    important part. Properly comboing cards is the most important part to teach players but I found there was not enough
    instruction.
    At first it thought you had to play the combo cards in a certain order to get their combo benefits [Play a non combo patron
    card first, then your combo 2 card and then your combo 3 card], but it seems that you don't have to play any of the combo
    card in order, so long as they are all from the same patron. Also I'm still not sure that using an agent's activatable is part of
    a combo? Although combos seem to count agents in play as part of the combo?

See above

I mainly played vs the NPCs. I only played one game vs another player. It was a real nail biter of a game where we went
    back and forth for the win a couple of times before I managed to snatch victory with a pretty smooth play. It was a great
    game, but all i could think while playing was about how long the match was taking. Granted, everyone was new at the game
    and we spent quite a bit of time mousing over the cards, but the game took about 30 minutes.
    Vs NPC's it was more a matter of figuring what play styles the AI wasn't very good at countering. I found that agents which
    stopped the conversion of power to prestige often completely countered them. I think I will only play vs the AI when the
    Chapter releases. Playing vs other players take too long and means that I will have to devote too much time to learning
    metas and climbing rankings. Also if I play vs other players it means I'll be spending less time actually playing ESO.

Yeah this was really easy.

I loved playing the Crow deck. Card draw is really powerful and being able to combo them for a massive string of plays was
    really satisfying. My other main deck was St Pellins. I found that you really needed a deck that would get you a decent
    amount of power otherwise you would likely lose. Also their agents ability to counter power to prestige conversions worked
    really well vs the Ai. I played a bit with the Hllalu deck as well, which was pretty fun and can be completely busted if you get
    to late game. Being able to hoover up all the tavern cards for free was great. The Psijic deck I never played with. The ability
    to curate both the tavern cards and your draw and discard piles never seemed as useful as it seemed on paper. I could see
    it as an alright deck if used properly with a strategy.

I didn't play enough with all 8 decks to get a good idea of how they compared.

At the start of the game I used the Patrons every time I could. But later on I realised that it was all about timing and
    maximising the use of their favor. During my one PvP game it really felt like we were fighting over them and it was a real
    back and forth. I was constantly struggling to prevent his patron victory.One problem I found was the patron which requires
    your opponent to have an played agent. if the opponent never plays an agent you will never be able to gain the patron's
    favor. This was a pretty obvious counter to a patron victory that I think needs to be addressed

The rewards were not great. getting chromium grains was nice, but it would be better it there were rewards that you could
    only get from playing the game. Motifs would also be a good reward.
    I also think some of the rewards need tweaking, I was getting 200 purple materials from rewards. I think it's just a mistake
    though. Antiquities had a huge number of unique rewards and I think Tales of Tribute needs something like that. At the
    moment crafting materials are a really lackluster reward.

Change the start turn prompt to after the other players hand has been dealt. I hated the game saying it was my turn, but I
    still had to wait for the other player's hand to be dealt out. Just move the prompt to after and it will be a lot less annoying.

Add more movement to the table. Currently the table the game is played on is too static. Besides the candle there is no
    movement and it makes the game seem as though it is frozen in time, instead of in a crowded bar. Maybe movement in the
    beer's froth or something.

The game needs a bit more impact. I don't think more effects [like hearthstone] are the right way to go, but maybe add
    cheers from the crowd when you make big plays or remove agents. To give the feel of a noisy tavern game.

Also make it so that you have to upgrade the cards in your deck manually. Too many times the game would say that a certain card had
    been upgraded and I didn't even know what the original version did before the upgrade. When a card upgrades you should make it so that
    you have to go into you collections and click on the old card to upgrade it. This way you can see what the original version did and what
    the new upgraded version does. This will meant you have more information on how your cards are improving as well as which ones. It will
    also give a better sense of progression and power increase. Currently all that happens is a message flashes on the screen for a second
    and you have no idea what card just upgraded. For newer players that don't know all the card's names by heart this is even more
    confusing.

The most important thing though. Please change the look of the beer. It currently looks like soapy scum water. When i think
    of classic tavern beer I think of a golden brown colour and a nice head. So please change it to look more delicious!
    Edited by Robilutus on April 20, 2022 4:28AM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only played a little bit. Others have mentioned that the tutorial is difficult to follow (especially with no subtitles!). I also have a lot of difficulty just seeing what cards are in play. I have my UI scaled to max, but the names of cards and other UI while playing Tales of Tribute were too small for me to easily read. I basically had to mouse over everything to know what any card was.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tutorial game with Bragas has some audio explanation of how to play, but no subtitles.

This must be rectified before launch, or hearing impaired players will be at a disadgantage right from the off.

This is I am sure something that has just slipped through the net, and Zenimax will realise this needs to be rectified before it goes live.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, seriously, I have no idea what i am doing. Without any text description on screen (there is a nice blank spot on the card table where text could be added), I don't know what is going on.

Serious issue here.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2022 9:44AM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Games are way too long and feel grindy.

Short and sweet Zenimax, short and sweet - come on.

I have other stuff to do today, seriously, it shouldn't take that long to play 1 game. Reduce the winning conditions.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2022 10:30AM

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is honestly really good. I've had a lot of fun so far. I was not expecting this to be so good.

Always been a casual player of hearthstone, ESL, MTG and Pokemon.

about 3-4 games before i really understood what to do. played about 8 or so games so far i think.

i didn't realise that you could spend power to attack another player's agent until like 5 games in.

a lot was, i still have trouble understanding what cards have instant effects when you buy them from the middle

most of the games were against NPCs, but i played about 2 or 3 against players.

yep.

Duke of Crows definitely is my favourite due to the amount of combos and card draws, Pelin and Hunding are really great, i haven't played enough with the other decks to know what i dislike.

Haven't played enough to tell.

i like duke of crows and hunding. i didn't really see too much interaction between them and their decks, especially not with duke of crows who doesn't have a favoured ability.

the levels and amounts seem broken right now.

Against another real player, the turn duration really didn't feel long enough. i need time to think about what i'm going to do on my turn, and it feels like it's about 10-15 seconds too short. also, you really need some type of alarm to tell you when your turn is about to end, because the sand falling through isn't eye-catching enough.

Absolutely fantastic job with this game, I think that it'll fit in very well in ESO as another activity availiable to players and i think it will result in a lot less people running around in circles bored in towns, one thing i have noticed in ESO is just how much time i spend doing absolutely nothing, since everything endgame revolves around ques, including pvp which i've not enjoyed for a while now, With this i can just play against an NPC any time i'm bored and have a compelling game. Overland content and questing just isn't hard or thought provoking at all, not like this game. another bonus is that taverns finally feel like they have a reason to exist other than to just be set dressing.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on April 20, 2022 10:39AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, played a bit more, and I'm really enjoying this.

A few things still:
    • In the ESO live, we heard that decks are selected in an ABBA format. However, playing NPC games we are given the choice after the NPC has selected both decks in an AABB format.
    • There should be a bit more indication where to go to rank up more... and also to see how our rank is.
    • We should get some clues on how to gain more decks. The only one I can see how to get is the Red Eagle deck, and that seems to come from getting the achievement for ranking all the way up through the quests.
    • The hourglass on the game mat is static and doesn't show our time left. Thus there's really no way to tell how much time you have remaining in a turn. Also a small thing, but it should flip when a turn ends, not just raise and lower a bit.
    • Mousing over the draw decks will give a popup to show what suits are available, but the trigger is not really consistent and it's hard to get that popup to stay up long enough to read.
    • The rewards are all over the place. From level 1 white potions to stacks of 200 purple upgrade mats? And also in a way that'll fill our mailboxes in a way that MYM Rewards for the Worthy aspires to? Is there a better way this could be done?
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] The hourglass on the game mat is static and doesn't show our time left. Thus there's really no way to tell how much time you have remaining in a turn. Also a small thing, but it should flip when a turn ends, not just raise and lower a bit.

[/list]

Turns aren't timed. I went afk for a bit midway through a match and nothing happened.
    It's all turn based, the function of the hourglass is simply to end your turn.

(unless player vs player games are timed, I haven't tried that yet)
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2022 12:24PM

• xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribute tutorial is extremely bad. There are no visual cues and it's literally just an audio file playing explaining the game, it's not even properly synced to player actions. I didn't have game audio on and was so confused that the game had bugged out.

Not like the audio did a good job explaining things. I still don't know which of the 3 is the cooldown pile. On top of all that the English VA doing the explaining has a Scottish accent. Is this a game or the IELTS Listening test?