The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for Tales of Tribute

• Midni
    Midni
    ✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »

I don't really enjoy playing the Orgnum deck. If one player decides to use the patron every turn you are forced to as well or you will lose.

Yea, exactly! I don't choose Orgnum precisely because of these dynamics. When the other person selects it, I try to keep the dial in my favour and refuse to use it unless my oponent flips it back. It reminds me of a damage-focused couple of proc sets that take the fun out of PvP in Cyro for me.
    Yesterday I was playing a match against a person who chose both the Rajhin and Orgnum decks. They were trying to troll me by waiting out the full 1 and a half minute EVERY SINGLE TURN instead of letting me have my turn and spamming my deck with Rajhin cards while discarding the rest of their coins instead of buying useful cards for themselves.

So I bought as many cheap cards as I could and let them continue spamming Rajhin cards. When I had a good stack of cards, I started using the Orgnum patron. They conceded the match.

That's a super fun and creative outwitting of and capitalizing on the Rajhin. :D
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were trying to troll me by waiting out the full 1 and a half minute EVERY SINGLE TURN instead of letting me have my turn...

How rude. :/ I've only played a few games against players, but have tried to take my turns as quickly as I could. I guess that's one reason there's a time limit.

Although (getting back to the topic of the thread, even though I believe this has been mentioned before, it bears repeating) - it would be much nicer to have an indicator for the timer. A bar would do, or a circle, or a digital count down - I don't care WHAT. Just something that actually gives a visual indication of how much time remains.

An audible indication also, might be nice. A pleasant little sound at 30 seconds, 15, 10, 5, perhaps.

Edit: Fixed formatting.

Edited by Kelinmiriel on May 24, 2022 10:24PM
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    How rude. :/ I've only played a few games against players, but have tried to take my turns as quickly as I could. I guess that's one reason there's a time limit.

Although (getting back to the topic of the thread, even though I believe this has been mentioned before, it bears repeating) - it would be much nicer to have an indicator for the timer. A bar would do, or a circle, or a digital count down - I don't care WHAT. Just something that actually gives a visual indication of how much time remains.

An audible indication also, might be nice. A pleasant little sound at 30 seconds, 15, 10, 5, perhaps.

The person has been really rude to me, calling me names and saying horrible things. I blocked them, so they can't send me messages anymore and now they are trying other tactics. There aren't many players to play competitive matches against on the pts, so the groupfinder frequently matches me with them.

I don't mind people taking however long they need for their turn, but it is rude to deliberately not end their turns after finishing their moves in 10 seconds.

The hourglass turns over when you are getting near the end of your turn. But a better visual indication would be nice.
    Edited by Naomi_K on May 24, 2022 12:54PM
    PC EU
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also had the pleasure of playing our relentlessly toxic Tribute tester, not using the hourglass when they don’t like your decks and even saw their insults and rage tweets about you in the zone chat. I hope you reported them.

On the PTS, it’s too hard to avoid a specific player. If they aren’t banned, I will go do something else until High Isle goes live. It’s not worth the aggravation to suffer through their temper tantrums over a mini-game in test phase.

Just like in the Alliance War and Battlegrounds, if new players are bullied, swore at and insulted, they are not going to stick around and learn to play. The card players will be stuck playing the same 20 players who have been learning on PTS.
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the game. Thankful for the other players who are playing ToT in order to test, and ensure a good experience for us all when it goes live.

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
    GM "The Rogue's Bounty"
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see their comments in zone chat, since I had blocked them. I guess they switched to zone chat because they couldn't whisper me anymore. I did report them a few days ago.
    Edited by Naomi_K on May 24, 2022 4:28PM
    PC EU
  • SteinetGear
    SteinetGear
    Soul Shriven
    How to get Red Eagle, King of the Reach Card Deck?

I can't find the achievement and can't see it in fragments.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get it for finishing the tournament questline, iirc.
  • Sly80
    Sly80
    ✭✭✭
    On the question of finishing your move on time, there is a potential benefit for your opponent, especially if they are new to the competitive game, in that they gain almost twice as much time to consider their own move :)
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    What in the world were you thinking with all these rewards taking up space,we literaly must clean up trash from inventory after opening tribute containers.Fix this asap we don't need fredas nightmare or other random never used foods or other junk.Did the person that thought of this ever log in to play ESO...
    Edited by Mixalis966 on June 11, 2022 2:47AM
  • Macsen
    Macsen
    Soul Shriven
    Just gave up on this game. Way too incomprehensible to me. watched several You Tube explanations. Was playing a NOVICE NPC, kicking his lil butt. somehow he pulls out cards from HELL and draws 27 prestige points in one turn ONE TURN. If it were the wild west I'd have shot him for cheatin at cards.

WTF is wrong with this?!?!?!? I will NOT go and play a part of the game designed to *** me off. DONE>