The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Account Wide Achievements

• MrBunnyRampage
    I enjoy the fact that one of my created toons was done by my daughter. Once in a blue moon she gets on and like to play. So she does her thing never really cared .uch about what she did bc it was all separate. But thanks to this update. I get to miss out on quite a few areas i have never been to. I have no clue what happen in thoes areas bc i didnt do it she did. I was a day 1 player on xbox. Played for about a year and took a break. I have sence been back for about 3 months. But ive only been able to actually play for maybe 30 days of the time total (i work alot). But thanks to awa. Im just [snip] (apparently saying the s word here is bad) out of luck when it comes to the things my daughter accomplished. Had i known 2 or 3 years ago what she was doing actually would of effect my account. Maybe i wouldn't have let her play. But bc she played when it wasn't a issue i have no issue. But now my only option is to delete my childs toon or let her login its a pretty messed up situation[snip] . Thanks for this wonderful feature ZOS

Ps if you are going to edit what i write dont change the tone of the post please.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those things she did are account wide now and even deleting her toon won't reset it. Welcome to ESO Once... Sad.... :(

I haven't let her get on since the release. Im hoping they will issue some kind of fix or adjustment. At the moment what she has completed hasn't been added to the account yet. She wants to play this last update to.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the fact that one of my created toons was done by my daughter. Once in a blue moon she gets on and like to play. So she does her thing never really cared .uch about what she did bc it was all separate. But thanks to this update. I get to miss out on quite a few areas i have never been to. I have no clue what happen in thoes areas bc i didnt do it she did. I was a day 1 player on xbox. Played for about a year and took a break. I have sence been back for about 3 months. But ive only been able to actually play for maybe 30 days of the time total (i work alot). But thanks to awa. Im just [snip] (apparently saying the s word here is bad) out of luck when it comes to the things my daughter accomplished. Had i known 2 or 3 years ago what she was doing actually would of effect my account. Maybe i wouldn't have let her play. But bc she played when it wasn't a issue i have no issue. But now my only option is to delete my childs toon or let her login its a pretty messed up situation[snip] . Thanks for this wonderful feature ZOS

Ps if you are going to edit what i write dont change the tone of the post please.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those things she did are account wide now and even deleting her toon won't reset it. Welcome to ESO Once... Sad.... :(

I haven't let her get on since the release. Im hoping they will issue some kind of fix or adjustment. At the moment what she has completed hasn't been added to the account yet. She wants to play this last update to.

I have that same hope. I have only logged in on my main and not on any of my alts.
    But I am losing hope they even care much less fix it. Months of silence from the devs and thousands of feedbacks.
    But not even a peep. Waiting still to hear from you @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If she hasn't logged onto the character since before the update, those achievements are not yet on the Account. Deleting the character will get rid of them, but I feel bad for his daughter losing all that progress.

Edited by Kesstryl on April 29, 2022 10:24AM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    Since this is live now can you remove the awa earned by TBH I really dont need to see it was earned by my main character when im on him all the time. do away with this at least so I dont have to have yet another addon to do away with it, this isnt a truly awa system. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_RichLambert
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this thread had been the main place where people discussed addon solutions...

For people who had backed-up character-specific achievements using LibAchievementsArchive prior to Update 33, there's now an addon that will integrate that historical character-specific data with the achievement browser interface.

Historical Achievement Credit (This requires that you had already backed up character-specific achievements using LibAchievementsArchive prior to Update 33.)

This is what it looks like:
    pvw11327.png

For people who play on multiple accounts and servers, you can optionally have the addon show the information for all accounts on all servers; if you enable that option, it will look like this:
    pvw11326.png
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Since this thread had been the main place where people discussed addon solutions...

For people who had backed-up character-specific achievements using LibAchievementsArchive prior to Update 33, there's now an addon that will integrate that historical character-specific data with the achievement browser interface.

Historical Achievement Credit (This requires that you had already backed up character-specific achievements using LibAchievementsArchive prior to Update 33.)

This is what it looks like:
    pvw11327.png

For people who play on multiple accounts and servers, you can optionally have the addon show the information for all accounts on all servers; if you enable that option, it will look like this:
    pvw11326.png

This is amazing! Why couldn't ZOS have done something like this for AwA? I doubt referencing char names on the player account wide achievements would have taken up that much space, would it?
    Edited by Kesstryl on April 7, 2022 3:57PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    I doubt referencing char names on the player account wide achievements would have taken up that much space, would it?

Right now, each achievement takes 192 bits of space to store:
    • A single 64-bit field that encodes all the progress information for all the different criteria that an achievement might have.
    • A 64-bit timestamp.
    • And a single 64-bit character ID, as the game only credits a single character. (Frankly, I think this is silly--either credit all characters or don't credit any; crediting one is a worst-of-both-worlds middle ground, not a best-of-both-worlds one.)

If there are 4 characters that have credit for an achievement, than you'll need 384 bits: 128 bits for the core information of progress/criteria and timestamp, and 256 for 4x character IDs. While you can argue that it's not a lot of space in absolute terms, in relative terms, it is. If there are just 4 characters with credit for an achievement, then the credit information is already double that of the core information.

In that case, you might as well just maintain a separate achievement DB per character and have the AwA DB be in addition to, rather than instead of. Obviously, I and most detractors of the current AwA would've preferred that approach, but it is also true that such an approach would've increased DB usage, rather than decrease it.

I'm in the "if the game had launched with AwA, we probably wouldn't have minded" camp, and my main problem with AwA is that over the course of all these years, we had built up individual histories that were unceremoniously destroyed in a blender with AwA. I'm okay with AwA going forward, but upset over the loss of that history. And with a way to preserve that history, I've mostly made my peace with AwA.
    Edited by code65536 on April 7, 2022 10:07PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt referencing char names on the player account wide achievements would have taken up that much space, would it?

• A single 64-bit field that encodes all the progress information for all the different criteria that an achievement might have.
    • A 64-bit timestamp.
    • And a single 64-bit character ID, as the game only credits a single character. (Frankly, I think this is silly--either credit all characters or don't credit any; crediting one is a worst-of-both-worlds middle ground, not a best-of-both-worlds one.)

If there are 4 characters that have credit for an achievement, than you'll need 384 bits: 128 bits for the core information of progress/criteria and timestamp, and 256 for 4x character IDs. While you can argue that it's not a lot of space in absolute terms, in relative terms, it is. If there are just 4 characters with credit for an achievement, then the credit information is already double that of the core information.

In that case, you might as well just maintain a separate achievement DB per character and have the AwA DB be in addition to, rather than instead of. Obviously, I and most detractors of the current AwA would've preferred that approach, but it is also true that such an approach would've increased DB usage, rather than decrease it.

I'm in the "if the game had launched with AwA, we probably wouldn't have minded" camp, and my main problem with AwA is that over the course of all these years, we had built up individual histories that were unceremoniously destroyed in a blender with AwA. I'm okay with AwA going forward, but upset over the loss of that history. And with a way to preserve that history, I've mostly made my peace with AwA.

im assuming this is why they consolidated achievements, because most DLC usually add another 20-30 achievements, which per character ends up adding a lot of information over time

while i would have preferred even just achievements in the collection menu, the per-character storage of the achievements would have just continued growing as new content added more achievements

i also agree that if it was entirely account wide to begin with, it would have been a lot easier to accept instead of it feeling like a huge gameplay change
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭

• A 64-bit timestamp.

I wonder if they will ever just remove the earned by in the future, but who knows maybe it wasn't fully done and they will tweak things on the achviement list, its not a true awa system till this is fixed.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

While the faster loading times are nice it does not feel like AwA did a lot performance wise. At least on my end.

My loading times have universally been slllooowweerrr for getting into the game; and the evil Meridia-ruled "1 sec queue" still runs to min if I don't immediately leave and re-queue (which fixes it generally, so I am beginning to doubt the existence of said mythical queue).

Within game loading screens to zones/delves don't seem much different

There is now a bug about loading into group dungeons:

1-Join group, chose role, leader enters us into queue, wait for it to pop "hit yes" (in my case it's F)" to join.

2-Then, about half the time (some days up to 2/3) nothing. I don't transport into the dungeon, and then the rest of the party on my heads up display starts reporting as "offline". I've done this in groups with my sweetie sitting right next to me, and often to the ones in the dungeon, the "non pulled" people also display as "offline".

The manual fix of course is to hope that at least one person got pulled into the dungeon (looking at the group list, I can see locations) and "travel to player" but it's clunky and THOSE loading screens are usually horrible.

No idea if this is a side effect of AWA, but it wasn't here before.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

While the faster loading times are nice it does not feel like AwA did a lot performance wise. At least on my end.

My loading times have universally been slllooowweerrr for getting into the game; and the evil Meridia-ruled "1 sec queue" still runs to min if I don't immediately leave and re-queue (which fixes it generally, so I am beginning to doubt the existence of said mythical queue).

Within game loading screens to zones/delves don't seem much different

There is now a bug about loading into group dungeons:

1-Join group, chose role, leader enters us into queue, wait for it to pop "hit yes" (in my case it's F)" to join.

2-Then, about half the time (some days up to 2/3) nothing. I don't transport into the dungeon, and then the rest of the party on my heads up display starts reporting as "offline". I've done this in groups with my sweetie sitting right next to me, and often to the ones in the dungeon, the "non pulled" people also display as "offline".

The manual fix of course is to hope that at least one person got pulled into the dungeon (looking at the group list, I can see locations) and "travel to player" but it's clunky and THOSE loading screens are usually horrible.

No idea if this is a side effect of AWA, but it wasn't here before.

All of this was happening on console before AWA, especially the dungeon queue and people showing as offline and not being pulled in.