Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Ascending Tide Feedback Thread

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Welcome to Ascending Tide, everyone!

This is the Ascending Tide Feedback Thread. This is your place to give feedback on the content experience of Ascending Tide. Are there new items or furnishing you find cool? Did you find the new dungeon mechanics challenging? Do you like the music? Is there anything we can improve in the future? Let us know in the thread! As always, please keep the feedback constructive and adhere to community guidelines.

NOTE: This is not the place to report bugs. If you have a bug related to U33 and Ascending Tide, please note that in the Bug Reports section of the forum.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 14, 2022 8:58PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new music is amazing! 10/10.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Options
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP balance is at the worst state it has been in years
    In this post I'll point out which things are overperforming/game breaking and in which way they could be brought back in line.

The majority of skills I'll list will be related to high survivability as this is currently the biggest issue in PvP causing fights to take ages or be stalemates that can possibly only end with coordinated ultimate drops.

Skills

Intensive Mender
    This skill offers healing way beyond other HoTs while being really cheap and also allows for insane crosshealing capabilities. The easy way out is simply reducing the heal because right now it's simply too strong, this should be done by reducing the overall heal by 25% but increase the duration to 12 seconds this keeps the skill rather cheap but prevents it from basically being a burst heal every time it heals you

Living Dark
    This skill has been indirectly buffed to mindbogglingly high healing numbers with the changes to how people can stack spelldamage, but even a build that doesn't fully builds into stacking damage gets more healing out of this ability than other Hots can provide, additionally the way it works makes this heal even better as it always heals you when you take damage and therefore acts as a direct reduction to the damage you take. Depending on who you fight (read this as anything that isn't a full damage build) this ability will keep you alive infinitely with no chance for the enemy to ever kill you, it might even outheal the damage from the skills you're eating.
    This ability should retain it's function but have it's healing potential against single targets reduced significantly. Having 5k hps in duels vs another templar from a single skill is just laughable.
    Therefore the heal should still have a 500ms cooldown but can only be procced by each target every 2 seconds.
    This makes it a great option when fighting outnumbered but prevents it from turning templars into unkillable damage absorbing blobs of doom

Bombard
    This skill provides way too much bang for its buck, not only does it deal great damage while being undodgeable, it also comes with a root that you can refresh over and over again on targets who can't break the root in the first place, no other skill offers this much utility by chewing through the enemy's stamina while also helping ball groups to kite and keep people locked in places to nuke them afterwards.
    This skill should lose its root and rather gain something else and AoE Root with high damage simply isn't balanced and it won't ever be even if you remove the snare it also offers like you did in Patch v7.3.0

Radiating Regen
    This is the biggest offenders when it comes to high survivability of ballgroups and groups in general, this skill is so powerful that the viability of a certain spec instantly increases when it can slot this ability, this goes so far that stamsorc in smallscale runs bow+resto now
    This ability has to have it's crosshealing capabilities nerfed significantly, make it so that you can only have 2 Radiating regen active on you (like vigor before it was changed to a single target heal) at any given moment, this way it won't hurt PvE but it will help PvP significantly

Sets
    Caluurion's Legacy
    This set offers too much burst especially when using it on NB which guarantees a hit in conjunction with cloak, with it being able to crit it's damage numbers went through the roof and now once again allows people to have oneshot gank builds with little to no counterplay depending on how good or bad performance is and if you break-free button is responsive.
    The amount of burst this set offers is simply too much and should be split into a direct damage and dot portion to make this set less bursty but keeps it's damage consistent overall.

Draurgkin
    This set allows people to achieve burst and pressure numbers that simply shouldn't be reachable with how many different damage instances one can squeeze into those 6 seconds it provides way too much damage compared to other sets.
    This set only working against a single target doesn't work as enough of a drawback as you can use this set to obliterate this target, in a situation where you only face a single opponent there is no set that comes even close to the power Draugrkin offers.

Ironblood
    This set offers too much survivability while the drawback isn't anywhere near enough to keep this set in check, additionally the potential uptime of the set is really high (66%)
    The cooldown of this set should be increased to 25 seconds up from 15 seconds in order to give people a slight chance of killing someone using this set

Other issues
    Undeath and CPs
    Please read this post as it describes the issue more detailed.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7510100#Comment_7510100

Harmony
    This jewelry trait allows people to generate incredible burst that's not tied to the global cooldown. These synergies often provide more damage than ultimates while only having a 20 seconds cooldown per person. Due to Synergies being able to be stacked this gives groups way more power than they should have access to.
    This Trait should be reworked completely. Synergies are fine the way they are without anything buffing them

Crossheals in general
    Although I have touched on this a little bit above already by mentioning Intensive mender and radiating regen, I want to emphasize once more that crosshealing in its current iteration is too powerful and often results in fights being endless stalemates that can only be ended by dropping multiple ultimates on a single person because otherwise they'll never die.
    This also means that the time between ult drops won't help you make any progress which makes PvP feel very frustrating. It's a cycle of tanking each other's damage and then praying that your ult drop every 2 minutes gets you a kill.
    There is no perfect fix for this issue as crossheals scale with the amounts of players involved in a fight.

This is why I propose a new healing reduction added to battle spirit that directly targets crossheals. "Any healing you receive from other players is reduced by X%" in a first iteration it should be tested with a 15% reduction as this change could have big impact on how PvP plays

The upcoming changes that we can currently test on the PTS will further worsen balance.
    Hybridization of almost any skills will result in an unhealthy meta where only a single build for each Class will be viable, many skills will become worthless as they won't find their way onto bars as the competition just became way harder.
    The potential for gamebreaking combinations has increased significantly, especially when it comes to healing and survivability.
    Those changes will have such a strong impact on the meta that it is insanity to push this in one go.
    All healing abilities should retain the old scaling in order to prevent Specs to merge completely and also to prevent the survivability to go through the roof.

Two more issues on the PTS:
    Burning Embers being changed into a HoT is laughably broken, there is no way this should ever make it to the live server. Magdk has always been built around being forced to fight for their heals, they had to stay in a fight to get their powerlash heals, to recast their burning embers to get the heal early or to heal themselves by using Draw Essence. The addition of Cauterize and Coagulating blood are more than enough to allow magdks to have healing even when they don't face an opponent atm.

Power Bash and morphs counting as Bash damage. I totally get where the idea came from but it is unbalanced as heck. You can easily stack bash damage via bash glyphs, deadlands demolisher and other bash sets. This is totally fine on the live server, however the new interaction with a skill that has the regular meele spammable TT is too much, on non optimised build you can easily reach Power Slam tooltips of 15k without even having the 33% extra damage.
    This interaction with additional bash damage for Power Bash should be removed, Power Bash and it's morphs should retain the function of bash to interrupt targets channeling a skill.

Javalin
    With the current patch ZOS has added a new version of this by making Piercing Javalin unblockable you can once again remove any Counterplay that should always exist for combos that can one-shot people with full tank builds.
    And we only have duels there so the fights are rather linear with not many variables to account for.

The second this change will make it to the live server it will create a highly unhealthy playstyles that kills anyone who drops under a certain threshold of hp, that depending on the builds sits around 30k! and doesn't use Mistform to counter the whole thing.

On top of this highly broken combination, Templar shouldn't have access to an unblockable stun in the first place, it already has multiple options to deal with targets that are blocking:
    Backlash and morphs ignore block
    Crescent sweep dot also ignores block
    Piercing spear increases the damage by 10% vs blocking targets
    Jabs cause the blocking target to lose more stamina because it deals multiple damage ticks over 1 second.

That is enough to deal with blocking targets, other classes would love to have even 1 of those things to stop them from being hard walled by blocking opponents.

I'm confident that tackling all these issues will significantly improve PvP balance and saves us from another unbalanced patch.
    Options
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fps has become unstable. While I'm doing crafting dailies in Vivec, there is a noticeable FPS drawdown.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fix patch notes regarding new IC style please, they still say it is acquired like court wizard.
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Fix patch notes regarding new IC style please, they still say it is acquired like court wizard.

That is because it is acquired like that.
    Options
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not liking the new 2-hander skill adjustments tbh. I'll get used to it eventually, as I already golded my 2-handers, but the reduction in damage is quite noticeable in PvE. I used to like the damage the 2-handers put out, now I find myself just holding block more.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

That is because it is acquired like that.

It is bought from telvar merchant now.
    Options
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am always excited for new content, the music, dungeons and exploration and itemizations - I'm really a sucker for it. But this time I feel like there's a dampener on the excitement, as I am really sad about the AwA. No more replayability for me, at least not in the way I liked it.

Also a shame to see the add-on beam-me up losing the function where you, with the click of a button, could semi-port to all people in frinedslist and guild roster in your zone, and thereby unlocking wayshrines near those people.

But I am glad that the BG queues are back to giving me more than just deathmatches - I sorely missed all the other fun ones :)
    Options
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    The patch failed twice downloading but the third time was the charm. And the new music love it!
    Options
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    I am always excited for new content, the music, dungeons and exploration and itemizations - I'm really a sucker for it. But this time I feel like there's a dampener on the excitement, as I am really sad about the AwA. No more replayability for me, at least not in the way I liked it.

Also a shame to see the add-on beam-me up losing the function where you, with the click of a button, could semi-port to all people in frinedslist and guild roster in your zone, and thereby unlocking wayshrines near those people.

But I am glad that the BG queues are back to giving me more than just deathmatches - I sorely missed all the other fun ones :)

Wait.. they're killing off BMU auto unlock?! Is this in the notes?
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saieden wrote: »

i assume its this bit under exploration -

oahnnzqp3d80.png
    General
    Jumping to someone on your friends list no longer unlocks the destination Wayshrine before the teleportation finishes.
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Saieden wrote: »

i assume its this bit under exploration -

oahnnzqp3d80.png
    General
    Jumping to someone on your friends list no longer unlocks the destination Wayshrine before the teleportation finishes.

OK. Now I'm sad about something in the update.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything we can improve in the future?:

ZOS, if you want feedback on Ascending Tide and how many feel about Account Wide Achievements, it's already on the PTS thread for AWA. In the future, you should work on improving the level to which you communicate with your customers and actually address the real issues in such threads, rather than speaking to us through Q&A's that hardly acknowledge any of the real problems.

In the future, I'd like to see the continuity of the game world returned instead of walking through towns hearing my level 2 alt be praised as the hero of Tamriel.

In the future, I'd like to see the zone guide return to being useful to my alts for tracking world boss completion and delves rather than seeing it already completed on them simply because my "main" did something once.

In the future, please spend time refining systems like AWA before releasing them, and when you see that there are problems, hold back on a change and work on it rather than treating it as though everything is okay. It isn't okay.

This game is worth more than the way you're handling it. ESO is better than this. The effort of the people who write the quests, create the furnishings, and go to so much trouble to craft and immersive world is worth so much more than the way the company has decided to botch AWA in such a fashion that the experience is permanently altered.

Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there anything we can improve in the future?:

ZOS, if you want feedback on Ascending Tide and how many feel about Account Wide Achievements, it's already on the PTS thread for AWA. In the future, you should work on improving the level to which you communicate with your customers and actually address the real issues in such threads, rather than speaking to us through Q&A's that hardly acknowledge any of the real problems.

In the future, I'd like to see the continuity of the game world returned instead of walking through towns hearing my level 2 alt be praised as the hero of Tamriel.

In the future, I'd like to see the zone guide return to being useful to my alts for tracking world boss completion and delves rather than seeing it already completed on them simply because my "main" did something once.

In the future, please spend time refining systems like AWA before releasing them, and when you see that there are problems, hold back on a change and work on it rather than treating it as though everything is okay. It isn't okay.

This game is worth more than the way you're handling it. ESO is better than this. The effort of the people who write the quests, create the furnishings, and go to so much trouble to craft and immersive world is worth so much more than the way the company has decided to botch AWA in such a fashion that the experience is permanently altered.

What ArchangleIsraphel said, and I'm adding this:

1. Decouple NPC reactions and dialogue from achievements! I don't want to listen to immersion breaking NPC conversations or have broken dialogue trees on my alts because you fail to make a simple change that will keep the game world narratively coherent for alts.

2. Give Achievement only quests a spot in the hidden quest database per character so alts can complete those quests! I want to talk to Count Ravenwatch in the quest Taking Up The Mantle on more than one character! I want all of those quests available to all of my alts!

Do this and I might sub and play again. You already forced me to lose my individual character data and tracking which I wanted to keep in addition to AwA, but I will not stand for an incoherent game world on my alts! While these issues remain, I will not sub or play your game. The Elder Scrolls series of games have always been story rich and rich in world building, and before this update ESO followed that tradition. Today the game breaks the 4th wall because the game world reacts to all your characters as if they are the same person, a.k.a The Player. No, my level 3 character did not do anything and NPCs should not react to her like she is the hero of so and so or did such and such because she is SUPPOSED to be a unique person in Tamriel, not an avatar of me. My level 3 alt should be able to talk to Count Ravenwatch at the end of Markarth regardless if I already have the achievement or not. My level 3 alt should be able to do all the quests in the future and not have any locked out because I did them on another character already. This holds true for all my alts who didn't get to those quests yet! Right now the game world is broken, and an Elder Scrolls title should not receive this type of treatment. I'm done until you fix these things!

edited for punctuation
    Edited by Kesstryl on March 14, 2022 4:33PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
    Options
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Is there anything we can improve in the future?

So.... should i post link to the feedback on PTS that got ignored? U know, there was plenty of ideas how to implement AwA without hurting anyone.

Not only that. U KNOW what ppl want. U are just ignoring it. I could link all threads about PvP, Outfit System, Housing System, Dungeons and Rewards, Story Mode in Dungeons, Optional Harder quest bosses and important NPC, Build variety and a lot more. But why should i do it if u gonna just ignore it? If 90 pages of feedback wasnt enough for your response i dont know what we would need to get it. And there is no point saying more. Threads about problems on live will say the rest.

Sorry but even as a person who loves dungeons i cant be happy about this update.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
    Options
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

So.... should i post link to the feedback on PTS that got ignored? U know, there was plenty of ideas how to implement AwA without hurting anyone.

Not only that. U KNOW what ppl want. U are just ignoring it. I could link all threads about PvP, Outfit System, Housing System, Dungeons and Rewards, Story Mode in Dungeons, Optional Harder quest bosses and important NPC, Build variety and a lot more. But why should i do it if u gonna just ignore it? If 90 pages of feedback wasnt enough for your response i dont know what we would need to get it. And there is no point saying more. Threads about problems on live will say the rest.

Sorry but even as a person who loves dungeons i cant be happy about this update.

Legit.

Amongst other feedback threads of higher traffic volume as well.

There is zero point to feedback threads. There's also zero point to PTS.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to even log in.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving the shared achievements. It was delightful seeing my account unlock all-new achievements as the tallies on my various characters added up to the requirements. Playing multiple characters really feels like your working toward a singular goal. That's something that's really shone with the Champion system and it's great to see it with Achievements now, too.

I was really excited seeing the option to keep the Keybind Display Mode to Keyboard for Gamepad UI, but it still doesn't let me play using my Azeron's thumbstick (https://www.azeron.eu/). I found I couldn't use the Quickslot Wheel using my mouse while in Gamepad UI, and I still couldn't move while using the map. Ideally, I'd love to see the option to simply replace WASD movement with analog movement while leaving everything else about input and UI exactly the same as the keyboard UI.
    Options
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the new dungeons weren’t nerfed as much as they were but they are every fun.
    Options
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to even log in.

I can’t sleep because I’m so excited to log in to see how awful everything is. I guess I’m a masochist.
    Options
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd laugh if it wasn't so bad!
    Really ZOS, after mostly ignoring 90+ pages of pleas not to put AwA live in it's current implementation, dozens of reported bugs, tons of ideas and suggestions how it can be done better (and less destructive for some of us) you are asking IF there's anything you can do better?!?

How dare you!?
    You just showed a lot of veterans who supported your game and paying your loans that you don't care about their suggestions - now stop showing up as if you would!

Gebt mir meinen charakterbasierten Fortschritt zurück!
    Options
  • Sarousse42
    Sarousse42
    ✭✭✭
    Having a total blast on my stamsorc since the new "hybrid" changes. <3
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no desire to read any of the patch notes or care what else new was added in light of Account Wide Achievements being rolled out in its current state.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Mycroftz
    Mycroftz
    ✭✭
    Why even have a feedback thread if you’re just going to ignore everything in it, make no adjustments, and roll out the MOST DEBATED part of the update as is in the terrible state it’s in? Despicable! You are overwriting progress that millions have worked for, on so many toons. All meaningless now.
    Options
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Please down the rode in future patches allow the earned by tool tip disappear on characters there is already an add on that does this for us but surley you guys can figure a way to hide it at least behind the scences :D thanks!!!!
    Options
  • Bragerth
    Bragerth
    ✭✭
    RavenXIV wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Please down the rode in future patches allow the earned by tool tip disappear on characters there is already an add on that does this for us but surley you guys can figure a way to hide it at least behind the scences :D thanks!!!!

Honestly-Earned Achievements
    Version: 1.0.0by: silvereyes [More]
    This is a very simple addon that hides the "Earned by" tooltips for any achievement that meets the following criteria:
    Has more than one criteria or objective
    Was earned after the release of account-wide achievements with Update 33

The reasoning behind this is that an account-wide achievement with multiple objectives can be earned by multiple characters, so it's really the account that earns it, not the character.

The following achievements will continue to display "Earned by" tooltips:
    Achievements fully completed by a character before the release of Update 33
    Single-objective achievements earned after the release of Update 33

Note: Character-specific achievements have no "Earned by" text, with or without this addon. They were obviously earned by the current character.

@ZOS_Kevin maybe something like this, I really dont need another add on but this will have to do while i wait for you guys to do away with the earned by aspect.
    Options
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop with this Dungeon DLC formula. You release 2 new dungeons, add a bunch of sets, and call it a day. Start releasing stuff with more replay value and please stop releasing so many sets. There’s way too many sets in the game and most of the ones released are redundant/ useless or they’re way better than anything else.
    JaeyL
    PC NA and Xbox NA
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well personally my feedback isn't directed at any of the changes in the patch yet. But I want to point out, that even PvE has lag issues now and I permanently get random FPS Drops from 120 to 10 or 15. Which especially in PvP is pretty annoying as I don't need to fight the lag only now, but also that slideshow of Frames. Loading Screens also seem to be way longer than usual, like 15 minutes longer...

And the rewards of the worthy don't show up in the messages unless you traveled to another area. Thats pretty annoying as I usually just stay in Cyrodiil and open and deconstruct them there, now I am forced to leave it to refresh my messages like when you buy something at a Guild merchant.

As they say you should end on something positive soo, the new Intro music is amazing.
    Edited by L_Nici on March 14, 2022 7:53PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »
    Please stop with this Dungeon DLC formula. You release 2 new dungeons, add a bunch of sets, and call it a day. Start releasing stuff with more replay value and please stop releasing so many sets. There’s way too many sets in the game and most of the ones released are redundant/ useless or they’re way better than anything else.

Define replay value.

Cosmetics? Achievements? Multiple difficulty levels? Dungeons have those built in, the only thing is motifs are not sold with and are released way later <IMO too much later, but I get the idea of making more sells>.

If sets didn't exists the game would indeed grow stale. Just because you don't wear a set doesn't mean another player won't. There was a video of Skinny cheeks using Azureblight on a Stam DPS just for fun. Is this a bad thing? Not at all. That is a dungeon set afterall. Should you say it shouldn't exist?

Its ok if YOU don't like dungeons. That is quite all right. The idea of farming trifecta's in a trial and resetting an instance a billion times doesn't really appeal to me, but that doesn't mean its not content for others.
    Edited by karekiz on March 14, 2022 8:54PM
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want my map pins back. I want my skyshards back. I want to see a boss at the end of a delve rather than a cruel note to my alts that the boss is out to lunch.

I didn't do the PTS because the one time I did I stopped playing when I realized that all we had reported was ignored.

Asking for feedback is disengenous at best and cruel at worst since nothing ever gets fixed.
    Options